It Comes At Night

Spoilers ahead. I know this movie was purposely left open-ended, and there are no right answers/theories to the plot. It's annoying and it feels like a copout, but it's human nature to not be satisfied without closure.

That being said, which theories make the most sense? Are there monsters in the woods? Does everyone die at the end? Who infected who?

It's pretty obvious Paul and his wife got infected after Travis did. I don't think that there were any monsters in the woods

why would there be monsters in the woods

The monster is death. You can't escape it. In the end it gets us all.

garbage movie

Yeah that's true.

I've just heard lots of theories about burning the bodies - like Paul was worried about reanimation, that sort of thing. There's also this whole thing in the woods. First instinct is to say "That's just a tree/weird looking log," but the camera purposely changes and the angle is shifted to stare directly out the window into the woods. This shot was added to make the viewer question what the fuck is actually out there in the woods

I liked it. It's frustrating but it reminded me of It Follows, the way it doesn't spoonfeed the audience and makes the viewer question every little thing.

Leaves you feeling very uneasy and with an uncanny feeling.

Because it doesn't matter, you experience everything just like the characters.
They also don't have a clue how did the dog get there, who opened the door etc so they start suspecting one another and that's the only important part, the result of those situations. You feel the same hopeless lost paranoia as them.

Same as saying "Who sent the tapes?" in Cache, it literally doesn’t matter, what matters is the reaction because of said tapes.

My friend made us go when we were hungover and told me we were watching Spiderman. It was really intense, especially the start. Loved it even though it is flawed

Well at 49:30-49:36 there is an arm behind one of the trees, might just be something they missed in post though

BRAVO SHULTS

MOVIE OF THE YEAR

There was nothing confusing about it tho, Not sure what open ending you are talking about

Can't see the arm, but I don't think anything was "missed" in this movie. Seems like the director meticulously included/left things out to make everything up in the air.

Oh my bad, cancel the thread, this guy's got it all figured out

twat

sadly im a pleb and cba to make a webm but between 49:30-49:36 a arm moves in and out behind the tree

Also in every "dream sequence" the black bars get larger and larger, but it also gets larger in some of the final scenes

so there might be alot more to this than we think.

hahah holy fuck you're right, something's behind the tree

did not notice that before, damn that is creepy

I come at night too hehe

only about once a week though because of the SSRIs

The cinematography was great, just the dude open ending lmao part was irritating. Other movies done something very similar to this one its almost like a trope at this point. You didn't even get to see whether the boy was infected or not.

I wonder if there are any more hidden things like this? This is the first I've seen about anyone other than the Grandpa, the 2 families and the 2 attackers existing in the entire movie.

It seriously changes everything. The dog was barking at someone (or thing) in the woods, but they all ran right past it. It was too tall to be Andrew.

I didn't notice it before skimming through it again later and the camera seems to guide your vision alot in the movie, so there might be more stuff that got missed.

Why would there be theories? There's an infectious disease with an unknown vector. Cremation is mandatory.

So there's somebody in the woods watching them. The fact that it's so close and that Stanley runs right past it, gives it a sort of paranormal/abnormal feeling

I mean how did none of them notice something shift behind a tree?

It has to be somebody that followed Will/has some sort of relation with Will.

If you cut yourself off from your fellow man and your only goal is to survive, you end up doing horrible shit. And then you die anyway.

That terrible knowledge is what's in the woods.