Where is the Polynesian super heroes?

Where is the Polynesian super heroes?

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ken_Mack_(Earth-616)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moana_(2016_film)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In Polynesia.

Dead.
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ken_Mack_(Earth-616)

>every minority and ethnic group needs equal representation, even when they're a statistically insignificant component of the demographic

Yeah, we don't need any Polynesian superheroes - especially since the Samoans are just going to get pissy if it's a Hawaiian.

Don't ask for cultural appropriation, user.

>Where is the Polynesian super heroes?
You are getting a Disney animated movie, I am not sure what else you are demanding.

Aquaman ;)

A few characters out of the thousands that exist seems like pretty appropriate representation imo

Because Polynesian haven't made them? The whole representation debacle is interesting, the whole ordeal tends to line the pockets of corporate heads that look nothing like the people complaining. I do get branding being very important, I'm not sure how far an independent would get with their tale of an African princess without one of the major anomation Companies backing them.

Actually he was just a mulatto kid from Hawaii. Or atleast Arcade thinks he is and Pym didn't think to check that out.

>marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ken_Mack_(Earth-616)

This reminds me of one of the dumbest things comics writers and companies do. Every time they get a little tired of new characters they kill them off for shock value. It's so god damned short sighted.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Polynesians don't exist

Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander, as a demographic, is estimated to be approximately 1.3 million people in the 2015 US Census. That's less than half a percent of the total population - so if we assume that your "thousands" of characters that exist is 1,000 (of which only a couple dozen are actually popular), that's four.

I'll bet with a little bit of investigation, I can come up with four Polynesian characters that already exist, but nobody gives a fuck about them because they're not Batman or Spider-Man.

In fact, I'll even promise not count Jason Momoa's Aquaman. I don't think it's necessary to make the same promise about Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam, since he's playing an Egyptian.

>and Pym didn't think to check that out.
God damn it, Hank

Hey, if he checked and was right all that's accomplished is now he knows his students are in dire danger but if he checks and is wrong he's standing in the way of Mettle plunging his comically huge dick into his hot hapa gf.
Hank couldn't live with himself if he was wrong.

F

Probably off being fat, poor and intimidating haole

Do Hawaiians count?

Isn't Kibg Shark Hawaiian?

Usually I'm against forced diversity but having one hero in the US would be statistically accurate.

Or they could just have the story set in a country where they are abundant, like with Super-Man.

>they didn't hear about Moana

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moana_(2016_film)

There was an attempt by Disney to make a Polynesian Princess movie featuring the hero and mythical navigator Maui (huge in New Zealand where all the kids here learn about him in primary school).

You might think everyone was happy as fuck that finally Polynesian culture and mythos, which is actually preddy interesting in it's own right away from any sentiments of diversity or equality, was getting some popular attention and was going to be made into a Disney movie.

Nope, there was a huge backlash against it for "commercializing muh culture" and "disrespecting muh heritage" because Maui was depicted to be cartoon-tier buff which was interpreted as reinforcing stereotypes about Polynesian obesity.

They sold costumes for it too and in the same vein as "this is who I am not a costume and this is NOT OKAY" it got btfo by cucks and those islanders who, strangely, consider themselves as the southwestern pacific chapter of Black Lives Matter.

TL;DR Disney tried, and it failed miserably, which is unfortunate because Islander culture and heritage deserves more genuine attention than it gets.
A series on Maui's exploits would be dope but after this complete disaster it might sadly never happen.

>Disney tried, and it failed miserably

The movie hasn't even been released yet.

>a couple out of a few thousand
>4/1000

That's more than I was suggesting you retard, but anyway, go ahead and name four polynesian superheroes.

Lego made Bionicle which was entirely based on Polynesian culture, and the island niggers threw a tantrum and made them take it out.

Polynesiasians are basically island gypsies. They don't deserve representation.

>is

>a statistically insignificant component of the demographic
WHICH demographic, senpai? A minority (of whatever flavor) showing up in Smallville might be a bit odd; but Marble is set in or around NYC 95% of the time and that's the single most diverse place on the planet (on OUR earth I mean ... Marble 616 has Morlocks and Moloids UNDER the city, (undead) Ninjas running around the rooftops, and the entire Inhuman city of Attilan sitting out in the Hudson.

I still don't understand how Arcade's plan would have made him seem like a hard-ass, I mean he was basically kidnapping children and making them kill each other. Wouldn't that just put him on everyone's shit list?

Maybe he thought it'd make him look ruthless and psychotic. He ditched the goofy gimmick, got some new clothes and souped up a murder island. Well his assistant did.

The same place as all the other countries that lacked a space program, didn't build gamma bombs, initiate super-soldier programs, or have a first-world educational system capable of producing super-SCIENCE geniuses. Non-existent.

Yeah that's true. SJWs don't have as much power as it seems, as shown by Suicide Squad. We'll need to see how it does first.

There are other origin stories for superheroes though, including supernatural ones.

>Disney tried, and it failed miserably
>after this complete disaster

It's not even released yet. Calling it a miserable failure is similar to calling Frozen a miserable failure becuse some retards whined that the Sami are presented as white-looking, which they are IRL, instead of being perverted into an imaginary, fictional tan and ethnic -looking race

They're too busy practicing their haka, getting drunk and possibly beating their wives depending on how the all blacks went.

Disney pulled the costumes, apologized, and everyone actually moved on for once. Moana merch is selling fairly well already, and they've doubled down on advertising the film itself. Until the movie actually comes out, it's not a failure by any means.

You mean Aquaman?

>People don't want one of their Gods reduced to a Disney comic relief character

Wow I'm shocked

Has anyone actually complained about Pele?

You know, I don't remember the Greeks complaining about the depiction of Hades in Hercules.

Why is Pele the bad girl anyway? Isn't she supposed to give warnings before she makes volcanoes? Aren't the Hawaiians her people?