Honest thoughts on Rick and Morty?

Honest thoughts on Rick and Morty?

love it. but it's too fan servicey and the creators are aware of the fanbase and the culture surrounding it and that can only ruin a franchise.

china il was better

I watched the whole first season once and I can only remember like 2-3 episodes. Forgettable, mediocre, I feel about it the same way about Family Guy or American Dad.

It's entertaining sure but the rabid autistic fanbase absolutely overhypes it

its watchable. nothing more, nothing less

Season 1>>>Season 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dogshit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Season 3

It's okay popcorn entertainment. It's funny but varies, not particularly intense viewing; and there's nothing to get out of discussing it here.

This. Part of me really hopes that Roiland's self-loathing will keep that from happening, though.

overgrown fanbases and hype culture ruin everything

season 1 was good season 2 was ok not as good as 1 apart from couple episodes which were among the better ones.

season 3 however is a fucking car wreck i have laughed at about 15% of the jokes and the shows dont even have any interesting or quirky storylines. every character has changed drastically from what made them *them*. season 3 is just garbage and the creators should be ashamed.
i blame reddit

It's a fine show that Sup Forums loves to shit on because they think it's part of the board culture

aka the less-BoJack Horseman

It ruined game of thrones. They were too scared about their audience and just gave them what they want. For instance tyrion in the books can be a selfish evil shit but in the show he's the epitome of high morals. I really hope they have him betray daenerys in s8 just to show some depth he once had. Sorry to derail but when creators cave into their fanbases demands on the internet, it sucks. Fucking ruined mass effect as well.

It's ok

Fun show I guess. Everyone seems to watch it.

Way too ridiculed by Sup Forums, but still extremely forgettable.

I think of previous episodes and I basically can only remember the key moments from some episodes instead of actual plotlines
>Giant talent show planets
>Fart
>Mr Meeseks
>Wuba lub dub
>Pickle fucking Rick
>World dominating Rick gf

it's cancer and honestly doesn't belong on this board

And most shows that started solid, started that way by doing things that a few seasons later "fans" would hate. Let the creators do their thing.
>George Lucas did nothing wrong

Now bojack, THAT is a bitter leftie LA hipster shitpile. It's not funny. Ok. But it's plot driven! Oh, but the characters are unsympathetic shitheads and the plot is cliche morose "serious" drama that had been done a million times better by actual good dramas on HBO. What a pointless, shitty show. It's far more cucked than ricky morty also.

I watched the pilot and one part made me smile but I didn't laugh once. Americans will laugh at anything.

Love it. Most episodes have at least one joke that always makes me laugh when I think about it.

Just started reading the comics. They're great too.

im letting them do their thing. it's not like i can really stop them is it?
im just saying the the "thing" their doing is shit and in my humble opinion they should rectify that. fuck jerry, fuck the mother, summer is ok sometimes. i dont want to see the characters having some faggy heart to heart in every episode i want to see rick and morty blow shit up in alternate galaxies and make crude and witty jokes. thats it.

Really? I've heard the comics are atrocious

t. Sup Forums pleb

The show is alright to watch if you want to switch your mind off for 1/2 hr. The fans are killing the show trying to say this is intellectual when all rick is a deus ex machina.

Really? I think its all great.

For real its weird. Its like the only thing Ive ever not been Hivemind on.

season 3 is pretty kino so far
what the fuck are you talking about
post some facts

There was nothing wrong with the early Simpsons and South Park hype, I mean "Eat My Shorts" and "OMG They Killed Kenny" were run into the ground but nobody was acting like they were high art.

Cringey Pseudo Intellectual Virgin Manchildren Show on 9gag level

Even if it was somehow apolitical it would still be unfunny, boring and cynical. It's time you got better taste, friendini.

Its okay. Season one was mostly solid. Two slipped up a few more times. Three continued the downward spiral.

There's not much else on tv like it so its acceptable, but its not anything "classic" and at least they have some fun concepts like the "immortality sphere" every now and then. Other times its retarded shit like LUL MULAN SAUCE or LMAO its like Mad Max! PICKLE RICK

>I Capitalize Every Word In My Sentences So That I Can Pretend To Fully Enunciate My Buzzwords Like A Massive Faggot Contrarian.

The fans can be bad though I admit. I work with one who quotes unfunny shit all the time.

>T. TRIGGERED PSEUDO INTELLECTUAL VIRGIN MANCHILDREN

It's the big mac of tv shows

I got to the episode that blatantly promoted interracial cuckolding, then fucking deleted the rest of them. I will NOT support the promotion of degeneracy.

HONEST QUESTION

did they skip an episode this week ? where is it ?

yes they announced they would on le twitter

as a person of color, go fuck yourself shithead

Seasons 1 and 2 were really good but this one has been disappointing at best.

I've only seen season 1 and 2. They were decent entertainment that was moderately clever in taking sci-fi cliches and adapting them to comical situations with a drunk asshole as a lead character. It's not nearly as smart of a show as it's hyped by the fucking annoying as shit fans. There is no deeper examination of science beyond shit you'd see on "I Fucking Love Science" clickbait, and any of Rick's methods for science are "duct tape this crystal to this mundane object to make a science device". Which you know is fine as far as plot devices go to keep shit moving along.

Probably the weakest elements are the "touching/sad moments" which all tend to feel pretty forced. I feel like the show is playing it's hand too hard when it shows me a visual montage set to a sad indie song. That shit is a crutch they keep overusing to make up for a lack of real emotional connection. Also many of the side characters (especially Summer) as all over the fucking place when it comes to their characterization from episode to episode. The world of R&M is also not very well thought out for such a "smart" show. It seems the humans of earth can snap back from alien monsters, the devil, and giant heads appearing in space and go back to baseline normal by the next episode. Not a huge issue, but it does hold the show back in terms of elevating it to something more.

I've almost felt that all of the sophomoric "deep" themes and "le science!" stuff in the first two seasons that is Redditbait is almost like the creators subtly mocking their fanbase by feeding them the most obvious stuff they'd like instead of challenging that fanbase with more complex and different ideas. However, based on reviews of season 3 and interviews by creators I am having to sadly abandon that and fall on the side that they really, honestly think they are providing some of the smartest ideas out there. The show also absorbs way to much fan feedback. That is going to damage the show because the last thing you want to get writing ideas from are Redditors and similar teens of various forums because pretty much none of those people know good writing and they push gimmicks instead of solid concepts. You don't want a show's story to become a bunch of dumb gimmicks.

Conclusion is that season 1 and 2 are 7/10, season 3 I ain't seen but it sounds like it's a sinking ship.

thank you kind sir

t. unabomba inawoods

Nah I like em.
About halfway through so far. They kind of let summer shine in a way that is not so pandering like season 3. Haven't read summer and Mr. Poopybutthole yet though.

I can do rick and morty voices pretty well so o was thinking of doing voiceover for the comics and uploading them to (((youtube)))

Haha what a loser