What's Sup Forums's opinion on digital comics...

What's Sup Forums's opinion on digital comics? A lot of the graphic novels I want are only a few more cents for the paperback compared to the digital copy. I don't really like owning physical things that take up space but it's hard to justify the price difference. Thoughts?

they're fucking fantastic and 90% of the time i'd rather get them because of money and space considerations

I prefer print as I enjoy reading comics that way. I look at the screen enough, it's nice to have something to do away from a screen. I also find them more engaging and less distractions that way.

However, I think digital is good for those that like it and prefer that format. I prefer single issues, some prefer trades. There is room to appease everyone.

Also, I can trade/return my print comics to the store for credit if I want.

I've switched 90% of my comic purchases to digital because I love not having stacks of floppies or tons of trades or HCs taking up space. I don't have a big living area and I have very little storage so space considerations are a big thing for me. I also like the instant gratification, I can read my weekly books in the morning before work instead of having to drive to an LCS that's almost 10 miles out of the way after work on Wednesdays and I don't have to wait for stuff to ship from IST or Amazon

I'm not really bothered by digital and physical costing the same, digital floppies don't really have ads and they're vastly more convenient for me so it's worth it

Agree.

I like them personally. Space saver, easier to read, colors look beautiful on an OLED Android phone.

Really, it's all personal opinion. Personally, if you are on the go a lot, I'd pick digital. That was my main reason for going mostly digital.

If you like Kindles, you'll like digital. If you hate e-reading, you won't.

Is Comixology worth it? I read a review of it saying it's not but that review is pretty dated. Is true that "unlimited" only means the first volume of the series?

I don't buy digital media that isnt DRM free. Glad to see some publishers now offer drm free comics and I like to take advantage of humble bundle offers.

>"unlimited" only means the first volume of the series?
generally, yes

i think they've gotten better at rolling out later volumes of stuff though

I don't trust paying for things that exist only as data.

But you paid for the operating system you're using to post on this board.

Linux, nigga.

I'll usually buy the Humble Bundle comics because you get a bunch for pretty cheap but that's it.

Digital comics are definitely easier to hold and read. I wish I got them with physical purchases.

Digital prices are still too expensive, however.

>I wish I got them with physical purchases
Marvel used to do this, then they realized people were doing the obvious thing of giving away the digital copies to other people.

That's really too bad.

With how Kindle handles things it'd be nice if they gave your amazon account access to free digital copies or, something.

digital > print

- The colors on the screen (if you own a half decent monitor) are much better than on paper.
- You dont have to be cautious about digital like with print: can flip through a book while eating cheetos.
- no shitty Ads

>Digital prices are still too expensive, however.
This is half-true for CMX though.

Thank diamond for that

Comixology is why i pirate.
They can lick my fucking corn tube clean if they expect me to pay a monthly fee for a catalogue.

Comic book ads are awesome shut the fuck

I prefer floppies, there's something super comfy about sitting down and reading a stack of books. I don't buy many books these days, so the "honor" is sorta reserved for the titles and creative teams I get the most enjoyment out of.

That said, I have nothing against digital stuff, and read plenty of it.

They don't, the monthly fee is for free vol 1s and stuff

Well then they need a more clear way of explaining that, I couldn't figure out the app.

Doesn't Marvel still do it? My issue of Cage from this month has a code.

>You dont have to be cautious about digital like with print: can flip through a book while eating cheetos.

yeah if you want your mouse/kb/tablet screen covered with cheeto dust and yellow goo