It

So I'm about to watch this in preparation for the remake, what should I expect?
Have in mind I don't like horrors they bore me to death.

Pretty good, when you consider the era, budget, and that it aired on network TV.

Just skip it, it's not on par with the quality of the upcoming movie

It's a massive piece of shit. It's pretty funny though so there is that

well, it hasn't aged THAT well, but it's not like watching a total joke either, like a large percentage of the stuff from that era
but yea probably just don't watch it as suggested. if you're unfamiliar with the story and such, it will be that much better when you watch the new one

It's comfy kid horror

Skip any scene not involving the clown

god tier soundtrack

get the fuck out of my board WB interns

IT's a stephen king film, i mean what do you expect? dime a dozen, overwritten, boring, overly lengthy, and just plain bad. The new one has a chance at being good just 'cause of modern effects and shit but I reckon it will be shit too.

If you're watching it on a disc, be sure to flip it over for part 2(which isn't nearly as good)

-Tim Curry is great
-The children are better actors than the adults
-The entire second part is boring assfuckery
-Ending of the film is disappointing as fuck

Just watch the new one + maybe a youtube compilation of all the tim curry parts

it does the book justice. Definitely a good watch.

>I don't like horrors

Then why are you watching this or the new one

For the memes

Like 90% of everything King does it is fantastic...until the end then it shits the bed badly

Even though the new movie will only tell half the story I'm curious to see how they will salvage the ending

I watched it for the first time last week. It was pretty good but super long and drawn out. It was way different than I expected and I only saw the clown twice before I fell asleep. Then I woke up and saw a giant spider, wtf? I watched about half and probably wont bother with the other half.

4/10

it's because it's a 4 hour mini series

and when they get around to making part II it will be a 5 hour movie series, which is almost guaranteed to be made unless the literal hurricane on its way to the US tanks sales and kills it in its crib

It had some decent recurring themes but don't pretend the whole thing is god tier

This. If anything, wait till after to watch it. I almost wish I could go into this one blind.

3 hr, I thought?

two parts two hours a piece, maybe without commercials it comes out to three hours

It was scarier when I was 7.