Why does America require a license to operate a motor vehicle, but not to bare arms?

Why does America require a license to operate a motor vehicle, but not to bare arms?

> Driving isn't guarantee in the Constitution, is it?

Actually, it is. The Privileges and Immunities Clause guarantees freedom of movement. The government has since applied common sense regulations to said movement as technology has improved. No one cared.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2dZLeEUE940
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty sure you need a license to drive because it's related to regulation of interstate commerce, seeing as how easy it is to cross state lines in your own vehicle, state A must declare that you are certified to operate a vehicle should you travel to state B which is required by law to recognize that certification.

If you want to equate CC licenses with drivers licenses, let's start with nationwide recognition of CC licenses.

Keep in mind before you answer that everything related to drivers licenses and DMVs across the country is regulated by each state. There is no national drivers license or DMV, each state issues their own and agrees to recognize each and every other state.

Because Fuck You

Car accidents kill far more people than firearm accidents every year. You are a retard.

You don't need a license to operate any type of vehicle if you are on your own land
Just like guns. Most states you need a permit of some kind to carry a gun in public legally

>firearm accidents

Kek
What about the intentional shootings?

The question is why do you think guns are even an issue?

You can travel all you like, this is true. But in theory a state can refuse to build a hughway. You can still have a car, you just need to drive it on private roads or private property.

Guns are pretty much the same, if you want to use them on private property, no one is gonna bother you, but if you want to take them out it in public (carry) some states have rules regarding that and can in theory ban it

Strange thing is you take away the suicides and it halves the numbers, take away the justified homicide its even more, take away shootings with an illegal weapon (ie jamal ghetto blasting his hood up) its laughably small.

Alls im saying is the vast majority of guns and gun owners do no harm at all, you should know you live in a country full of guns.

I don't need a license to drive a car on private property. An 11 year old can drive a car 160mph if his dad owns the land he's driving on.

If you want to make a license that lets me shoot my guns wherever I want on public property than I'd be ok with that.

You dont need a license to drive a car. You need a license to drive on state and government owned roads.

Fpbp

And the bait thread is immediately over.

Good job, patriot.

Get fucked OP.

tell me where you live faggot

you need a license only to drive in public, also you need a license to shoot gun in public

checkmate shitlord

You don't need a license to bare arms in Australia either.

>but not to bare arms?
you're confusing two kinds of guns

>Why does America require a license to operate a motor vehicle, but not to bare arms?

The solution to this problem is to do away with the stupid obsolete concept of the slave badge or "Drivers license" and "motor vehicle license plate"

Next we're going to need a 'license' to own and operate a computer, smart phone, bicycle, TV, shoes, etc.

>The Privileges and Immunities Clause (U.S. Constitution, Article IV, Section 2, Clause 1, also known as the Comity Clause) prevents a state from treating citizens of other states in a discriminatory manner. Additionally, a right of interstate travel may plausibly be inferred from the clause.

That doesn't mean that freedom of movement is guaranteed. Your privelage of movement through the US is determined by your residing state.

>Just like guns. Most states you need a permit of some kind to carry a gun in public legally

Is this true in general? I can buy a handgun from some guy, and as long as it is not stolen or otherwise illegal, I can use it to kill an intruder in my home?

I seriously doubt it.

>Your privelage of movement through the US is determined by your residing state.

Name one state that prevents me from entering or exiting that state.

>Why does America require a license to operate a motor vehicle, but not to bare arms?

Because the government is retarded, son.

You'll figure this out when you get older. And you'll become a conservative/libertarian like the rest of us.

But you do

THANKS FOR CORRECTING THE RECORD
KILL YOURSELF

>>Driving isn't guarantee in the Constitution, is it?
>Actually, it is

It's not. Learn to fucking drive and pass the test, we don't need more retards like you on the road.

>I can buy a handgun from some guy, and as long as it is not stolen or otherwise illegal, I can use it to kill an intruder in my home?

>I seriously doubt it.

If you are clean, and the goy who sells you the gun is clean, then there is no problem. Note--- In the Libtard states, this is illegal, to buy and sell a gun person to person, but in the good states, no problem.

If you sell a gun to a criminal, you are going to get fucked later when he commits crime with it. You are going to pay for his crimes too, since the serial numbers lead the police back to you.

You don't need a licence to operate a motor vehicle though.

Australians are so interested in convincing Americans to give up their guns. What does Australia gain from a gun free America? Any of you shackle draggers looking to invade good old America? You dumb fucks gave up your right to self protection but we will not!

>the 2nd Amendment is all about single shot muskets and the militia and hunting only. And the Founding Fathers specifically said it has to be muskets and no assault clips or shoulder things that go up.
>but the founding fathers definitely knew about free marijuana and free iphones and free cars and free college and free abortions.....

>tfw 50 round repeating air rifles existed at that time

Lewis and Clark used the Girardoni air rifle in their expedition.

youtube.com/watch?v=2dZLeEUE940

>tfw deadly air assault weapons which can generate 1J muzzle velocity are banned here