Why is Mr. Sinister obsessed with Cyclops?

Why is Mr. Sinister obsessed with Cyclops?

Sinister has known about Apocalypse since Apocalypse transformed his body in the 1800's. Sinister does a lot of work for Apocalypse, but ultimately views Apocalypse's philosophy as flawed and dangerous to Sinister's own scientific endeavors. So he's been looking at mutants trying to breed the perfect one capable of killing Apocalypse for him. At some point he decided the Summers family was key to this and conspired to have Scott mate with a powerful telepath named Jean Grey

He succeeded in at least two universes as Cable is from 616 (the child of Jean's clone Maddy) and Nate Grey from the Age of Apocalypse

dem DNA's

he's gay

He correctly recognizes Cyke as the GOAT mutant.

Because we have been forced to believe that an athletic human with sun-powered eye beams is unstoppable.

No wait he is peak human
No wait he has unreal geometric powers
No wait it's not sun, it's punch dimensions with unlimited power
No wait he is an unreal strategist with mastery of all fighting styles
No wait he is impervious to telepathy because he married one

Whatever, Marvel. He is lame.

It's not just the DNA, Essex isn't playing petty sadistic mindgames with Alex, and when was the last time he had a long cryptic conversation with Rachel?
Mr. Sinister trolls Scott in a way he doesn't anyone else.
There's obviously a reason for that.

Scott's an unsolved riddle, an incomplete puzzle, there's always been something about him that makes no sense.
Sinister is a scientist. Scientists can't stand not knowing something.

It doesn't matter how useless Failclops is, for all Sinister's knowledge, research, and stalking he still doesn't fully understand this one pesky little dork.

Well if Claremont had his way, it would have likely been infatuation. The first reason being, he is fucking Claremont. The second is that he had originally designed Sinister as being that creepy child that always 'defended' Scott.

Tbqh I actually would have liked that. Love is usually a more scary motivation than Hate

Disturbing reflections of Hodge/Worthington...

I always thought it wasn't Scott's powers but because his DNA had lots of mutant DNA in it. IDK why he didn't obsess over Jean though seeing as her psychic powers were even more powerful

but yeah he does seem kind of gay, even as a kid who was like 9 I always thought Sinister seemed kind of gay

It's what Claremont did. Nearly all of his villain vs hero relationships that go beyond a few issues there is quite a bit of subtext.

What's so gay about a flamboyant flexible man who dresses in primary colors, wears a soul patch, stalks men for their superior genes and experiments with people's bodies in bizarre secret lairs?

God bless subtext in X-Men comics.

Wasn't there some bullshit about The TWELVE who were a bunch of mutants who were super special for some reason and half the list was Summers

Yeah dude was obsessed with that shit.

I just realized Cable's first name is Nathan... was that intentional? Did Sinister get Maddy to name him that?

Not sure, the issues where he was named are a bit before my time.
FunFact: Professor X once demanded to rummage through Scott's head because he suspected Scott chose the name because of mental manipulations during his childhood in Mr.Sinister's orphanage.
But of course it was Sinister and Madelyne's idea, even if Scott came up with the name it's not as if you can trust that on faith around an evil telepath.

He loves him.

I like to headcanon that before Sinister revealed himself to the world, Scott had fond memories of the boy who treated him with love. It would really fit his character quite well.

That along with his many fetishes And I fucking love him for that. Seriously his books gave me so many boners.

Yeah, 100 % intentional

You perv. Welcome to the fanclub, hope you survive.

>That along with his many fetishes And I fucking love him for that. Seriously his books gave me so many boners.
he even wrote the brood as being sexual

Was there an actual reveal?
Did Maddie or Sinister confess this to Scott or Nate at some point?

Of course they are, they're a rip-off of Aliens and Aliens was extremely sexual.

I will. He is actually a great inspiration for my writing