Was there a moment in television when you realized this happened to you?

was there a moment in television when you realized this happened to you?

Not yet, Sup Forums keeps me informed and once you have been exposed to enough of popular culture you start to see the patterns and recognize when new fads are just yesterday's sensations in different dressing.

When Chuck's changed to Sneed's.

soon you'll be like yesterday's jam

When GOT and capeshit got popular

When people talked about how serious, adult drama had migrated from movies to television but then I noticed that the most popular and widely discussed shows were shit like The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.

Jam is a preservative
Lasts for a long time yo
Not him btw and I'm like honey

happening now with youtube culture

i won't go contrarian and say game of thrones and rick and morty, I can understand why they are popular and find it enjoyable albeit a bit stupid

but what the fuck is jack paul, hehe, all these fucking youtubers and internet e celebs

when Sup Forums took over this board

It's not really tv but when dabbing became a thing I just didn't get it, and I never will. I've noticed a lot of little things since, but that's the main one that sticks out to me.

star wars with episode 7

reminder, sneed poster is an underage spammer

Yep.

Rick and Morty.

'Nuff said.

you mean Sup Forums

Steven Universe is garbage as far as I'm concerned. Maybe it's the fanbase making it worse but the show isn't any deeper than anything else, it just has a lot of bright colors and other bullshit special snowflakes like.

I'd say the Hannah Montana and HS musical era. Merchandise for those were everywhere and I had no clue what it was

lmao. yaasss queen! slay!

Dabbing

Basically now.
Never seen a single episode of
>GoT
>Stranger things
>Power
>Black Sails
>Breaking Bad

Other shit too. I'm not big on series. More movies for me. But because of pop culture I'm know some stuff like the red wedding, or Walts death stuff

When MTV became anything but a music television channel

Yup.

Shows like Rick and Morty are filling the same niche South Park filled years ago.

That's not even remotely what the picture is about you humongous faggot

Rick and Morty is fine.
You'd have to be over 40 to hate it.
>being over 40 and posting on Sup Forums
Cringe

In a decade, you'll have a lot of 40 year olds on here fighting 'summerfags' who want logins so they can vilify hatespeech.

i'm going on 37

>angry old people
Gross
Have some dignity.

i'm not angry. Sup Forums used to be fun. now it's filled with angry young punks like yourself.

It's always been this way.
I've been here since 2004. Why don't you go to Tumblr and be triggered with the rest of them.

been here since 2005, but Sup Forums used to be in it for the lulz. not because they hated black people. there is a subtle difference.

>muh oldfag hivemind

Big Bang Theory
The new Star Wars trilogy
GoT
Pretty much all of Netflix
Rick and Memey

Me too.
Tried to watch it. I won't say its not funny, because I totally can see how it would be funny to someone. For me, it just is asinine beyond belief and its way too obvious that it tries very hard to forcefully create memes (schwifty, that sauce shit).

When I realized I had nothing in common w the cast of the Real World one year

I think not liking a show is different from not understanding what "it" is. I never liked Friends (more seinfeld guy) but I understood what "it" was.

I think you are sadly mistaken. If anything the influx of newfags are extremely counter culture and a lot more unironically racist and anti-SJW than the oldfags

The whole Jo Jo vogue, I just realized I grew out of the target audience.

did you ever think that maybe some peoples opinions changed over 12 years and maybe the ironic racism was a warning sign?

Could be both, but I know in the past Sup Forums was spammed with BLACKED bait threads, Sup Forums bait threads, casting outrage threads, SJW said this on twitter threads, and every thread even remotely reled to politics or race devolve in Sup Forums fueled rage

It was spammed with a lot of shit (LOST and Avatar) and no doubt was awful in a unique way but a lot of the new counter culture with the new conservative movement was brought in the past couple of years.

I was never "with it"

As a 31 year old in college classes with 20-22 year olds, mostly female, I've realized how out of the "know" I am now. They all use Instagram and Snapchat, claim Facebook is for old people, but everytime I see them on their phones they're browsing facebook. They all have a yeti cooler cup or some kind of in vogue off-brand (might be a Texas thing) and they all have Netflix. I barely use Facebook, stopped using Instagram and snapchat because none of the people my age use it, drink water from a nalgene bottle I've had for 10 years and sure as fuck don't pay for Netshits. They still unironically listen to popshit like Demi Lovato and whatever shit rapper is hot now.

I am an adult amongst kids.

rick and morty BOIZONGO AM I RITE FELLOW NIHILISTS

It's the international jew that is pushing this replacement.. You know that don't you?