ITT: Characters you feel should have a bigger role in the current Marvel universe

I remember when they said they would give spider-man a sidekick for his 50's anniversary I was excited about the extra responsibility that spidey would have and the stories they could tell about him passing on uncle Ben's lessons to a young hero. Then marvel have us a douche bag who was gone three issues later, five issues later spidey dies and was replaced by doc ock, and two years later he became a billionaire philanthropist douche bag scientist who travels the world

No one likes Alpha, Slott. Time to die.

They should turn them into bulging blond hunks
Plus Qusar and Adam Warlock

Fuck Alpha, I just want to see Karla Sofen in a comic that I can stand to read.

The Eternals

Alpha's mini was actually pretty good though. It made him a lot more likable.

Whatever happened to Alpha?

He got his powers back, his parents separated, mom went into depression and became obese, dad doesn't give a shit about him, he's now homeless, but it's okay because he got laid.

It would be difficult to make him less likable.

Marvel is not utilizing their sexy blonde hunks well enough

I miss those guys, even if Gaiman's retcon didn't even make sense within its own book. Sirsi wasn't affected for some reason?

I remember when they announced this guy, big press releases and all, to a ton of butthurt from Spiderfags. And then then did fuck all with the character. And this sort of things just keeps happening and everyone continues to get super buttmad about it

Marvel really is just the house of press releases these days

slott intended alpha to be hated though

why you hating Alpha? Too Alpha for you beta?

so far alpha sucks but i think that he has alot of potential to become a great character if they can make a good story for him
> parker industries falls apart
> alpha fucks around with his regained powers
> the sinister six discover alpha's identity because he is being irresponsible with keeping it a secret and kidnap his mom
> alpha tries fight the sinister six but is defeated
> spidey comes and saves alpha's mom
> alpha feels bad after seeing his irresponsibility put his family in danger
> spidey tells alpha about uncle ben and then takes him in as a side kick since it was his science project gone wrong that have alpha his powers
> harry becomes ceo of oscorp and puts an end to all of the shady stuff that has been going on.
> harry highers peter and his scientist friends, andy becomes an intern and peter teaches him science stuff so he wont be such a dumb ass
> oscorp starts a supervillan rehabilitation initiative, one of its first subjects is norman osborn who has been captured by spidey and alpha
> peter and harry find a way to cure him of his schizophrenia and insanity caused by the the goblin formula
> after some time in special rehab norman osborn realized how much of a dick he has been and tells peter the location of mary jane's daughter he switched a birth with a stillborn
> getting their daughter back causes peter and mj to reunite and they go back to being married
> after a few more adventures peter retires as spider-man feeling that he has passed down enough of uncle ben's wisdom to alpha and trusting that he will be a responsible hero who will keep new york safe.
> alpha's adventures are continued in his own series, peter continues to be a mentor to alpha and is a supporting character in the series, andy continues to be an intern at oscorp and is often invited to parker's place to have dinner with peter and mj or to babysit mayday

mysterio is such a fucking great villian, and he really is not that hard to properly write, all of the stories that involve mysterio are good (guardian devil was shit, but mysterio was great in it) he is a character who is much easier to pull off a good guy goes bad type of thing, at least a lot easier than dr. doom, plus if they fuck it up there isnt much consequence since he isnt that important

meant to have a picture

Zemo, Scarlet Witch, Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm.

previous thread

>Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm
I miss the FF.

did they give an explanation in the comics about why they are not together anymore?

Reed, Sue, and the kids are exploring/creating the multiverse or something. I think Johnny and Ben think they are dead.

You could really write some interesting stories with those two alone in the current picture of the marvel universe. Just with two of them, who never were the ones who brought big stuff into the FF stories. But Ben is actually a brave, willful character who really suits the lovely hero trope, and Johnny is actually smarter and caring than he let to show.

Really. I sometimes wonder why writers don't see the potential in some characters.

At least, Johnny ios not sure about they end. But in universe, they think they're dead. This was mentioned in the Pymtron arc of the Uncanny Avengers, and I think some Spider-man issue, I think. Not sure. Kind of remember something that way.

>harry becomes ceo of oscorp and puts an end to all of the shady stuff that has been going on.

the change would just revert back to status quo and Harry will end up a Goblin as well

It wouldn't be unprecedented if it was just Ben and Johnny finding 2 other people to be the Fantastic Four.

Instead, Ben and Johnny are bit players in separate books that don't need them at all. What a waste.

I feel your pain, user.

I completely agree.

Today, I'd rather let the world burn. This is another nail to the coffin.

> peter and harry find a way to cure him of his schizophrenia and insanity caused by the the goblin formula

the change is suppose to give peter a stable job at an established company with his best friend.

I miss johnny too

I'm still baffled as to why Quasar doesn't have an on-going. He'd be an interesting male-centric "counter-point" to Carrol and Khamala's sci-fi escapades

What? He was living with his mom in the mini series,

Ben as the leader of the Thunderbolts.

And Johnny tries to bang Karla.

>>white male character

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

He got replaced by a girl, user.

I remember when people were speculating the big Spider-Man reveal would be that Alpha blew up New York or something similar, since at the time some Marvel heroes were leaving the area.

Based Spencer, Quasar is finally interesting.

completely off topic, but for some reason I just pictured Ben as a green lantern broing it up with Kilowog and clobbering poozers and now I wanna read that

A-at least he showed up in some games recently.
Black Knight is also my favorite who'll never be at Jacketvengers level again.

Iron FIst. Yeah he's had a couple of solos and showed up in some events. But he and the other immortal weapons could be used more. They have cool power sets and back stories. They should get more respect.

> marvel is currently replacing their main cast younger characters
> haven't brought back these fuckers to replace the fantastic 4
i know this is a shit idea but it cant be worse than riri or moongirl

power pack is too white, user

Oh yeah, that happened for maybe 2 pages in Pleasant Hill. Marvel didn't even pretend to give half a damn about that character.

he became the new living tribunal

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

That was an AU Adam, he then revived 616 Adam after he became the Tribunal.

is that a spiderman story or an alpha story?

He is getting another solo after the miniseries

Alpha is a great material for a The Most Powerful Loser in the Universe type of story.

Their house got destroyed and they hardly have any income anymore.

I can see that.

We need a drawfag.

Was he not designed to be a shithead?

that's the problem