pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VB1GzOhaSuk
youtube.com/watch?v=9tOhAIk-b_8
strawpoll.me/13860508/r
strawpoll.me/13861025
hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/has-twin-peaks-been-a-hit-showtime-1034370
inews.co.uk/essentials/culture/television/twin-peaks-sherilyn-fenn-audrey-david-lynch/
twitter.com/SHO_TwinPeaks/status/902177684817661952
deadline.com/2017/08/twin-peaks-no-second-season-showtime-david-lynch-david-nevins-tca-1202144491/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for jumping man

Friendly reminder that it doesn't matter if it was real or not. That's never the point. There's no such thing in the world as absolute reality. Most of what they call real is actually fiction. What you think you see is only as real as your brain tells you it is. Don't obsess over words so much. Find the meaning behind the words, then decide.

Diane was a mistake

Green glove cockney fighting Bob was a mistake

The litany of unresolved plotlines were mistakes

Does Lynch watch anime?

IS THIS PEAK TELEVISION? FOR A WHILE AT LEAST?!

We are the dreamers

Disappointed by the treatment of mr.c and BOB

This. David Lynch is the Hideo Kojima of film.

>Cooper is just some weird guy in Texas who imagines things

what was your favorite scene this season?

It's a never ending dream.

Friendly reminder that we witnessed the final missing Page from Laura's diary.

Serves him right. He trusted David Lynch.

kek, sometimes I think that we live in Lynch's dream and that he had foreknowledge of our memes, which he shaped the season around

>leaping lad posting
>JUDYposting
>CUTEposting

it goes on and on

Lore-free interpretation here:

By saving Laura Coop destroyed Twin Peaks as we know, because it is defined by its "lack" of Laura. This entire season the show has gradually been "becoming itself" via things like

>early episodes not having much music, then gradually gaining more Angelo
>scene settings taking place far from Washington, but all of the characters ultimately converge there
>Norma deciding to keep a single RR instead of branding it
>Shelly dating a drug dealer again
>Becky being set up to be another teenager tragically killed, like Laura
>early episodes feature a lot of 2010's technology and branding, but it gradually fades away
>Gordon Cole himself is the one to introduce the cheesy damn fine phrases and whatnot

The show finally "becomes itself" when Coop re-enters town in episode 17, just like in S1E1. But he destroys all of this by saving Laura. Our show, "Twin Peaks," cannot exist as long as she is not killed.

We will never come across a show quite like this one that has polarized so many people, made us laugh, cry, rage and argue over meaning more than this show has.

remember how the whole leaping lad thing was just a joke one poster obsessed over and then it turned out to be the biggest most important lodge spirit lol

There was no time travel. That's why the scream when it "fails" is the same as when Laura is sucked out the lodge. Coop was in the lodge the entire time.

Don't you get it. The point is that you can never return to Twin Peaks. Cooper's return was fleeting just like this season, now Cooper is trapped in a kind of purgatory potentially forever because there is no going back after what happened in the original series. It's over.

When evil cooper walked into the mobster base and won the arm wrestle. 2 words. hella f*ckin epic!!

post literal whos you follow on twitter that were absolutely L Y N C H E D

Defend this bullshit
>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing (Only Diane and Audrey were raped and only offscreen, green glove man doesn’t use his STD-proof glove and super strength to fist James)
>horrible dialogue that’s unoriginal or just bad ("fuck you, albert" “I was raped by Cooper” “Holy shit dougie your cock is 13 inches long” “Wilson so help me God if you fuck up one more time I will skull your entire family to death and ship your ass out Guantanamo Bay to get gangraped for the rest of your miserable life”,etc. )
> flat, one-dimensional characters (Major Briggs, Phillip Jeffries)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose (Homeless men raping people in the 1950’s, security guards running off to masterbate in New York alleyway’s, etc.)
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks yucky)
>roadhouse scenes (Not enough Eddie Vedder, everyone didn’t ask when Eddie Vedder isn’t on screen ‘Where is Eddie Vedder and what is he doing’)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking, very short descriptions of rape scenes with no use of floating heads or dog bones)
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly complex or "deep" (Cooper clearly never got his mind back as Eddie Vedder beautifully sang)
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (James beautiful storylines, Harry being pushed to the limit trying to stop the love of his life from killing his best friend, Windom Earle and his genius plans and very subtly villainous acting)
>extended pitch black scenes because of a lack of a competent cinematographer
>audio issues with microphone static left unaddressed because of poor sound design
>somehow the best thing in tv history

source to the gif?

So are the lodge spirits actually spirits or are they magicians or aliens or what?

AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND

>2 words. hella f*ckin epic!!

reposting from previous bread because it is so goddamn true

>This is a huge middle finger to the execs and audiences who wanted to see the murder solved– so much changed in the space of an hour that there is literally no chance of us ever finding out what it was that laura said to cooper in the lodge, which is exactly what lynch originally intended.

Lynch finally got his chance to withhold a crucial secret to the story (being what was whispered from Laura). He finally got his chance to make a new mystery without pressure of a revelation, and he is reveling in it.

With that said though, I really wouldn't mind a movie after this. I don't think it will happen because Lynch finally got away with keeping this mystery a secret, but obviously i'd like a tad more info on what the fuck is going on. A season would be ridiculous at this point.

post characters/plot threads you completely forgot about

>Diane was a mistake
yeah honestly

>Green glove cockney fighting BOB was a mistake
lol no, that scene was hilarious

>unresolved plotlines
only some actually bothered me, namely Becky and Steven along with Red

So lads, what are the chances for season 4? I'd wager they are reasonably high at this point.

All I'm getting at from these threads is that you're not allowed to take offense with the ending or find it unfair for any reason, otherwise you don't "get it".

But it is something like that. It goes for everybody some people understand it better.

Nearly everything has already been answered and all the general is now is the same people reposing the same pasta asking the same questions over and over even though they have already been answered. Extremely condensed answers follow;

>Cooper and Carrie Page are in 2017 (multiple confirmation from screenshots, such as gas prices, town population)
>Carrie is a completely different person who has lived a completely different life
>Audrey is in a coma. Every Audrey scene takes place inside her own mind
>Annie was murdered by Dopplecoop after he raped Audrey and burned down Briggs office
>Sarah Palmer is possessed by Jow-Daeh, she always has been since she was a child
>The girl in episode eight is young Sarah Palmer
>The two people driving the car at night are Richard and Linda, not Dale and Diane
>When Linda sees the vision of Diane at the motel that is Diane and Coop starting to enter their world. After this Richard and Linda have sex, then Coop wakes up in the other hotel
>Jow-Daeh stabs the picture in fury because Cooper helped Laura escape her death
>Cooper travels to the lodge, then to the real world 1988, then back to the lodge to rescue the real Diane, then to the new reality that rescuing Laura created
>Mike was never good, and the lodge spirits have always been advancing their own plans involving Laura, not helping Cooper
>Carrie screams at the end because she is experiencing memories crossing over from Laura's reality

For expanded versions of these answers and more simply watch the show. It's all on the screen.

which was the bigger middle finger to Twin Peaks fans, Leland smashing the television in Fire Walk With Me, or ending The Return on a cliffhanger?

I liked how the last ep just turned into lost highway

1st for Jumping Man poster, even though often hideously drunk and full of Maltesers, was definitely on to something.

I really really hate the idea of time travel and dont' think there's any "reality" in which Laura's murder was undone. It's lazy and cheapens the entire show.

So now that the dust has finally settled, we all in /tpg/ can now agree in one unanimous voice that

MILF Sheryl > Young Sheryl

Right?

A SHAME YOU SEEMED AN HONEST MAN

they are literally 0%

youtube.com/watch?v=VB1GzOhaSuk

>0:15

AYUDAME

>missing Page

you're onto something

youtube.com/watch?v=9tOhAIk-b_8

Zero. Lynch said he is done with Twin Peaks. Fans hate it too. Frost's book is titled the "FINAL Dossier".

F

For those complaining about the ending, lynch was generous enough that he gave us two endings, one for plebs and one for cool people

pic related is the ending for plebs, take it you want

No it is meant to make you feel dread because it is what Cooper is feeling. The point is to make you understand what happened to Cooper. He is trapped in a nightmare, you couldn't protect that smile he is gone forever.

>find it unfair

Grow up you fucking, baby hahahaha

Is this how people who watched the finale of s2 when it aired felt?

what was it?

>"Nervous about meeting J tonight."
>That was the last entry

J was Judy not James, Cooper and Laura are in Judy's universe.

A SHAME YOU SEEMED AN HONEST MAN

L Y N C H E D
Y
N
C
H
E
D

I really dont understand why everyones having a shit fit with this
The ending is pretty obvious if you think about it for a couple of hours

17, was the original ending and everything is thrown out of wack when judy takes laura, thats implied with the resturant Laura works in the dream and Sarah stabbing her prom picture cause she was supposed to die that night. The show keeps going and ends with juilie crews and the red curtains as if thats supposed to be the ending

18, is the unexpected epilogue ending of the show and in lauras dream, her screaming and then everything suddenly black shows the dream is over.
They werent gonna play the theme and happily ever after stuff cause they just did that in 17. Cooper isnt mr.c or any of that bullshit the dude clearly didnt see this coming and knows he's in a fake world when interacting with everyone in the diner.

Cooper didnt fuck up, he was looking for the final push in the end to get laura to wake up but didnt know how, it was the one time he didn't. Then laura screams realizing its a dream and that does it. Its over.

As for Diane she clearly remembered who she was when being Linda so having sex with richard reminder her of the rape of mr.c so either she doesnt exist or moved on as linda for good.

Its not the afterlife, its not an alternate reality, its a fucking dream, almost all of lynch's films have always tied with a dream towards the end of the story.

serial experiments laura lol

So the big question that never got answered....

Who the FUCK was the anonymous billionaire who funded thatblack box in New York?

Maybe I'm just weebshit but this entire ending felt like the fucking Madoka movie.

>the hero thinks he can save an innocent life by going back in time
>all it does is screw things up and eventually lead to the creation of an entirely new world

>MILF Sheryl > Young Sheryl
I'd say so. Unironically.
I never found Young Sheryl that attractive.
But MILF Sheryl stratches some kind of an itch.
She looks fun.
Young Sheryl looked annoying.

>Diane was a mistake

Yes

>Green glove cockney fighting Bob was a mistake

Yes

>The litany of unresolved plot lines were mistakes

No

>finally, Cooper is going to face down BOB himself!

>...actually some limey One Punch Man is going to get into a fist fight with a bowling ball with BOB's face on it

The final two episodes wrapped everything up. There's literally nothing left.

Thinking about it, The Return has a lot in common with MGSV.

>Maridueña's unique look is a gift of his multicultural background (he is of Mexican, Cuban and Ecuadorian heritage), and his unique name means "Dog Star" in the indigenous Nahuatl (Aztec) language.
it's not that he's non-white, a native american child actor (that looks very much like BOB as well) is going to be be fairly rare and was obviously chosen for this reason. he even looks a bit flamboyant and gay like Silva
though it could also be a red herring like most of the storylines in this fucking show

Booper

>"DAMNIT, RAY, YOU KNEW IT WAS MY TURN WITH SHERYL!"

add it to the list
1. NGE
2. Lain
3. One Punch Man

Frenlo & Mother won bigly. lol at Coopers stupidity

I started rewatching the series and there's so much that I completely forgot

AND ALL THE THINGS YOU HOLD SO DEAR

Now that season is over, finally binging it all, on episode 6. Why the fuck won't anyone help Coop even though he has obvious issues? They mention he is messed up but then still are like do this.

Is what's happening to Cooper now what happened to Phillip?

What Phillip a rambling and screaming mess because he'd been bounced between realities and times where everything kept changing?

Will Coop come back as a giant talking toaster in season 4?

What was up with that phone call scene in the Roadhouse? Remember when someone called Jaques-Renault and he got pissed and said his family owned the Roadhouse for generations and that's never closing? What was the fucking point in that scene?

you will know why

what? try english

I loved both the return and its headfuck finale, but pls no. let sleeping dogs lie. We were lucky enough to get a resolution to the s2 cliffhanger, anything more would just be drastic overkill

WILL TURN TO WHISPER IN YOUR EAR

POLLS - POLLS - POLLS

WILL THERE BE A SEASON 4?
strawpoll.me/13860508/r
strawpoll.me/13860508/r
strawpoll.me/13860508/r

strawpoll.me/13860508/r
strawpoll.me/13860508/r
strawpoll.me/13860508/r

strawpoll.me/13860508/r
strawpoll.me/13860508/r
strawpoll.me/13860508/r

HOW WAS THE FINALE AND THE SERIES OVERALL?
strawpoll.me/13861025
strawpoll.me/13861025
strawpoll.me/13861025

strawpoll.me/13861025
strawpoll.me/13861025
strawpoll.me/13861025

strawpoll.me/13861025
strawpoll.me/13861025
strawpoll.me/13861025

>two birds with one stone
>birds represent female reproduction in the birds and the bees
>stone represent male balls
>Cooper nutted in Diane who is also Linda
>he nutted in two birds with his one stone
BRAVO LYNCH

Why is this so hard

It's either evil Coop, or it's Duncan Todd on his behalf.

During the marathon I kept thinking to myself "Oh yeah. This happened."

this is exactly what i'm feeling, i really don't care about stuff that wasn't tied up, just that Coop is stuck in some nightmare

Don't forget sneaky Kyle in the bushes scaring Laura

PRESENT DAY
PRESENT TIME
H A H A H A H A
A
H
A
H
A
H
A

>Diane was a mistake
YES
>Green glove cockney fighting Bob was a mistake
no
>The litany of unresolved plotlines were mistakes
some of them for sure

So what was the sound in the great northern?

this, plebs can literally just pretend that part 18 didn't happen and in their mind it has the perfect ending

WILL TURN TO WHISPER IN YOUR EAR

L Y N C H E D
Y
N
C
H
E
D

What was with the girl crawling and screaming
What was with the Billy scenes
What was with the girl with the rash

There's probably others but I can't remember.

Seems like the problem with the return is that Lynch is still opposing the outdated idea of pop culture. He's aware that he needs to create a straw man for the hero and a strawman for the audience because he doesn't understand "this timeline". It's a shame because of how insightful Inland Empire was.

Bushnell heard the same sound at the hospital after Coop woke up

I kinda want a movie desu lads.

>no shitty CGI
>mind fuckery out the wazoo
>no dumb subplots that go nowhere

Young Sheryl is cute as fuck but I never really found her hot in a sexual way

MILF Sheryl is hot as fuck though

>Lynch said he is done with Twin Peaks
stop spreading bullshit guys

Friendly reminder that s4 is confirmed

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/has-twin-peaks-been-a-hit-showtime-1034370

>From a financial perspective, Nevins says Twin Peaks has exceeded expectations.

inews.co.uk/essentials/culture/television/twin-peaks-sherilyn-fenn-audrey-david-lynch/

>If David Lynch wanted to do another season of Twin Peaks, would you do it? “Oh yeah. He said if people loved it he would do another one, and the hardest part is just sitting down and writing it. But he had so much fun this time, he really loved it. And he got to do it the way he wanted to. It’s like an 18-hour movie, so he’s happy. Let’s just stay positive. It really turned out the way he wanted it to in his heart.”

twitter.com/SHO_TwinPeaks/status/902177684817661952

>the suit goes back into the archives, to be worn at a future day, maybe, no idea, keep your fingers crossed

deadline.com/2017/08/twin-peaks-no-second-season-showtime-david-lynch-david-nevins-tca-1202144491/

>David Nevins : , “the door’s always open to David Lynch, whether that would lead to another season, I don’t know if he wants to do it,”

Has anyone came up with an actual logic based idea behind what is being represented by the super imposed "we live inside a dream" Cooper in 17?