Was Worf a failure as a Klingon?

Was Worf a failure as a Klingon?

Kind of, not because of his family's history though.

he gets way better at fighting in DS9

I hated how in every fight, he either got his ass kicked, or fought as well as anyone else. Aren't Klingons super strong? I never felt he was stronger than any human.

He's as strong as necessary for the plot.

Been a while since I've seen TNG, but I remember him taking all that Klingon shit very seriously. He was walking the talk while most Klingons were just giving it lip service.

He was more of a Klingon than every other Klingon in Star Trek.

more like the greatest klingon who ever lived

But he betrayed all that for starfleet.

Debatable. He followed his oath to starfleet.

These anons know what's up. Worf is the only true Klingon of his time because he grew up away from other Klingons. He studied pure Klingon doctrine without being poisoned by the hypocrisy of modern Klingon society that had twisted all of their beliefs to suit their agendas

But he could have made the klingon empire strong as a ruler. Gowron was going to make him his right hand. He abandoned his people to stay with feddies.

The difference between Worf and other Klingons is pretty basic.
Worf internalised his honour whereas Klingon society as a whole externalized it.
This means that most Klingons only care about appearing to be a proper Klingon whilst Worf was concerned with being his own ideal version of a Klingon.

We wuz space klings and sheet

Considering other Klingons always throw bullshit at everything around them that isn't a bad thing.

I dunno, he did complete the Vo'Tahk to become a full Gest'o'k

>lets 2(two) of his wives die
>captured by the Dominion multiple times
>lets his ship get taken over multiple times, even by Ferengi
>recommends abandoning and destroying the Enterprise and even the cool and diplomatic Captain Picard gets disgusted by his cowardice and incompetence.

He was a failure at everything.

What a fucking embarrassment that scene is.
This is why we need Section 31.

what was with riker's dive of failure? That was fantastic. Did they edit them neuronic whips out or was it legit like that?

He could open a broken bay door and slam a Borg around just like Data could so maybe he was at least strong as Data.

And then he gets his ass handed to him by aliens he shouldn't be having trouble with. Hell even Jadzia shouldn't be that much of a physical match for him when they are fighting, because experience or not she should just have baseline human strength.

The real answer is the Klingon strength has always been horribly inconsistent and usually gets talked up more than shown.

I love how they turned him into a klingon virgin in DS9. How did they explain that he has a klingon son by a klingon mother if he's never been with a klingon woman? Worf's character = assassinated.

They used him as a jobber in TNG so they could say "look, that what the fuck thing just beat up Worf, it must be super tough!"

What are you even talkin' about?

The woman he had a son with was half human and behaved almost nothing like a klingon.

>Was Worf a failure as a Klingon?
He didn't dress like it.

there was this whole episode about how Worf was nervous asking some klingon woman out, saying he had no experience with them, how he was a virgin. Quark got klingon puss that episode and Worf was super jealous.

TUMEK: I doubt it would've been a good match.
WORF: Why?
TUMEK: Have you ever pursued a Klingon woman?
WORF: No.
TUMEK: There's no shame in that. You were raised by Humans, you wear their uniform, you accept their values. How could you know anything about our women?
WORF: You'd be surprised what I know.
TUMEK: Perhaps. But we will not find out here. It is the wish of the Lady Grilka that you leave us now, son of Mogh, and do not return.