Why do people get so butthurt over the fact that Americans don't want to learn another language...

Why do people get so butthurt over the fact that Americans don't want to learn another language? We literally have no reason to.

Day'is jealous of our dicks, mon.

You don't "need" employment either but some choose to get it anyway

but who is mad about that? there isn't any reason to learn another language if you live in america unless you are planning on visiting another country.

You sure about that?

The world just needs to learn American already.

I don't get it either, the only reason you would learn a new language is if you're interacting long term with people who speak a different language, most people in America get jobs here, and our northern neighbor speaks English, and Mexico is a shitty place to work unless you're a part of a corporation.

You seem mad about something
The next generations of burgers will all be learning latina speaky speaky in class won't they?

who needs a foreign language when you can SHART

Because they think "why do i have to learn their language if they won't learn mine?" They think learning french or spanish is anywhere near as important as knowing english. When I studied abroad in asia all the abroad students spoke english, it was the common language.

IN

Jealousy

I have no problem with American's not learning other languages. Maybe some American's living near Mexican border should learn Spanish, but just to make live easier at times.

As for all eastern shits who can't speak English to safe their lives can go fuck themselves.

You're right. But because of that you're missing out on the perspective you get when you know multiple languages.

That's why they say that the more languages you know, the more of a person you are.

>dem 13s
Yay black abortion and murder rate!

>Be American
>Middle School
>Have choice between Spanish or French
>Choose French because Spanish is language for dogs and lawnmowers
>Continue through High school
>8 years later oh boy can't wait to try out my new French skills
>Go to France
>Everyone speaks English
>Go to frenchie part of Switzerland
>Everyone speaks English
>Go to Belgium
>Everyone speaks English
>Go to Quebec
>Everyone speaks English
>mfw I wasted 8 years of classes
>should have just taken spanish to better diddle my housekeepers when bored

english is the language all these other gooks and spics have to learn if they want to live in a non-shit hole. so they are mad we don't have to learn ping pong shit to live a good life

fuck em

If brexit actually happens, Merkel will ban English in Europe. The next official language will probably be German since every school teaches basic German.

I don't mind if americans that don't talk any other language but it makes me butthurt when these guys that only talk their mother tongue make fun of my pronounciation or of my grammar error when I'm not talking a language that isn't mine

KEK!

Depends on who wins the election.

Even at that every other country speaks English. And countries that dont are irrelevent shitholes

this
I agree with you mec

>don't wanna read Shakespeare
>don't wanna learn World Geography
>don't wanna use the Metric system
>don't want a plethora of communication strategies available for the future.

Sorry America. If you were at least open to eating your veggies & exercising, other countries may not look down on you so much.

If you're not trolling, elaborate please.

*english

>doesn't know what percentage is

The percentage stayed the same, but the american population grew. What does that mean?

Also there is huge african immigration to USA, and caribean niggers too

>being proud of your ignorance

USA USA USA USA

It opens op job opportunities bro. Granted, it's probably much more important in Belgium to be multilingual than in USA.

I'm finishing my degree in Cybercrime and I was pondering about taking up German for more job opportunities.
But then I realised I have to learn Arab. Nearly no shitskins take computer science classes, so that would make me one of the very few Belgians with that degree and language combo.
I could get hired in the Belgian anti terror unit, above other guys with better degrees or more experience.
Holy fuck how cool would that be?
>hello my name is user and I catch terrorists for a living

You just get more insight, even in your own language. Goethe said that 'those who know nothing of foreign languages know nothing of their own.'

To give a specific example, I didn't even know that in my native language sometimes you need to devoice consonants until someone pointed it out to me that I shouldn't be doing that unconsciously in English too because it's phonetically wrong.

This is why you get Americans confusing 'your' and 'you're', because they use English, for lack of a better word, mindlessly.

It just shapes you as a person because it is words that create reality, not the other way around.

>Why do people ...

Why are faggots unable to start one of their faggot threads without some cutesy girly pic?

Because being bilingual is a huge advantage in terms of buisness and communication. But I don't blame you, your education system is fucked anyways. I sat my fair share in middle school

>Implying they wouldn't have you searching for right wing """extremists""" all day and your language skills would be useless

You don't need to live either, yet here you fucking are

I would like to learn Russian, actually.

But I am already studying Japanese.

>cant learn several languages at the same time
There is a reason why americans are considered idiots.

i like learning other languages.
staves off alzheimer's

There is a shitton of literature to read in french, same for spanish, italian, german or russian.
Knowing multiple languages is only bonus for your career, your culture or you social status anyway and it is easy with internet today

I've always been interested in learning a second language. Did Spanish in high school and college but over time I've forgotten it all.

Started Rosetta Stone a few years ago to learn Greek so I could bond with my father in law. He died though and with no one to really talk to I went on to other things.

If I had somebody I could regularly talk to in another language I'd go crazy on it until I was fluent.