Thoughts? Will it be a good parody of the JJew Trek films, or more Family Guy rubbish?

Thoughts? Will it be a good parody of the JJew Trek films, or more Family Guy rubbish?

I'm unironically more excited about this than Star Trek: Proud Womyn

>>His Jewish heritage defines him

Fuck off

They probably ordered 10 episodes but will pull it off the air around episode 6

>His ex wife is co captain

Holy shit I hate this already

>or more Family Guy rubbish?
He's not capable of breaking out of the Family Guy mold.

Macfarlane didn't set off alarm bells already?

>New show has just as many women as previous shows
>But somehow now it's SJW

They'll definitely be the weakest part of the show.

He's a big Star Trek fan so I have some hope. I'm sure he's discussed a lot with Patrick Stewart.

i heard they are selling it wrong
that its more drama than comedy, but since its seth macfarlane they have to sell it as a comedy

anyone confirm?

why would Patrick Stewart want to discuss star trek?

It's fucking Macfarlane, starring in his own shitfest no less. Remember how unfunny a million ways to die in the west was?

> Women in main roles
> Set like 2 years before TOS while retconning a ton of shit
> Retarded Klingons

It'll be a hamfisted shitshow with lots of "political" commentary.

Guarantee at least one "proud womyn don't need no man" moment an episode.

> Women in main roles
Oh no, you poor thing. You know the captain is a white male, right?

>> Women in main roles
OH NO STAR TREK IS RUINED FOREVER

THAT WENT SOUTH SO FAST

Knock off of Galaxy Quest.

Can guarantee they are going to be no where close to Janeway.

Female characters used to be shown as well developed and competent due to their skills and background. Janeway, Carter, etc.

The last few years it's been "I'm awesome cause I'm a woman!"

I yearn for well developed female characters again, not hamfisted feminist shit.

>let me be disingenuous so I have an argument.

I'm not though.

So what evidence do you have that his will be "hamfisted feminist shit"?

But it's CURRENT YEAR
It's different if they use women now.
Before it was just for novelty but now is to undermine men and masculinity as a whole. It's different in the intention, execution and result.

He's actually a Jew, like Shatner.

it is going to be unfunny garbage. that can't decide if it is parody, straight comedy, or dramatic sci fi.

this, TNG was the only show with a white captain

>Women characters can only be a novelty or an insidious political agenda
Or maybe, just maybe, they have women characters because they are literally 50% of the population?

This is honestly the thing that seems the most annoying about it

That dynamic kills any chance it had of being a good parody

Daily Reminder that most of the outrage over STD comes from casuals and tourists who don't know jack shit about Star Trek.

Ah yes, I guess the politicized climate around it is only my head. It's not like there are thousand of articles, comments etc.

>bakula
>not jewish

Let's be honest. There'd be no way so many women would graduate from Starfleet academy if Star Trek was realistic, and not some misguided guy's utopian fantasy. You can't even use genetic engineering to explain how human women are equal to human men in strength and intelligent, as that's outlawed barring some exceptions.

>His surname comes from partial Czech ancestry

Again, trying to pass off non-whites as white.

>in strength and intelligent
>intelligent
Not setting a very good example yourself sperglord. In any case, why would strength be a factor to becoming an officer in starfleet? Wil Wheaton's bitch ass was in there for god's sake.

Care to link to these articles?

>human men in strength and intelligent
>in intelligent

Maybe not the average man, certainly more than you.

Janeway adopted a motherly figure to lead her crew. This was also the ideal attitude for a lost ship.

This type of female character has successfully fulfilled the role of space captains in dozens of series, movies and book. What you are not seeing is that we are shifting from this to "pround womyn are stronger, tougher, more intelligent, more competent than white cis males" instead of "everyone have its qualities and flaws specific to its gender". Casting a female as a male is something new.

Ok, please provide me evidence that the female characters in Discovery will be "pround womyn are stronger, tougher, more intelligent, more competent than white cis males".

her facial expression

It's true. Seth hated the trailer fox put together because it made it look like a half-hour comedy show. When in reality each episode is going to be an hour long drama with some comedy in it.

It'll probably be better than nu-Trek, but I just can't stand Seth McCunt's hideous face transplant looking down syndrome face and shitty acting.

Isn't this Macfarlane's 4th tv show? Who the fuck keeps hiring this retard?

at how good he is at voice acting, he just isnt as good in live action, it always looks like he is ready to break out laughing and has a rather goofy face.

Its basicly as if Seinfeld wanted to be an actual actor, the sitcom let him be simple with his acting but he couldnt pull it off in a movie (even comedy) for sure, unless it was voice acting where he could hide his lack of serious expression

>JJew Trek
lol! so clever, please post more!

>co captain

What kind of shit is that?

>Will it be a good parody of the JJew Trek films

You know Star Trek existed before 2009, right?