What does Sup Forums think of the DCEU Wonder Woman theme? The one from BvS?

What does Sup Forums think of the DCEU Wonder Woman theme? The one from BvS?

youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w1B3Mgklfd0
pastebin.com/pW2vxbjf
youtube.com/watch?v=Iqp5MMF6ACM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=8nTdLAfa0V8
youtube.com/watch?v=C-m0ehT3_mo
youtube.com/watch?v=0Odqg6_k5E8
youtube.com/watch?v=KFr3ih6Xu_8
youtube.com/watch?v=7kzKJL6TfnM
youtube.com/watch?v=qrXwAeJ87Bk
youtube.com/watch?v=jMy5H0UNkeM
youtube.com/watch?v=HVJGh51wR7k
youtube.com/watch?v=45uNvHzMhuM
youtube.com/watch?v=SG36KyYzlIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0uTh4VE30fw
youtube.com/watch?v=4XJ07onCqAs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think it might be the best theme for an individual Superhero we've heard in the past few years. Say what you want about the movie but when this theme hit people at my screening got hype as fuck during this scene.

Superman's MoS theme was also good, nothing on the Reeve's though. TDK Batman had a great theme youtube.com/watch?v=w1B3Mgklfd0

Oh no man don't get me wrong but, and I should've clarified this, I meant in the last five years but the TDK ost is really good and now that I think about TDKR's Gotham reckoning was pretty damned good too.

I liked the MoS soundtrack as well but Wonder Woman's is insanely catchy.

It's dope.

Wonder when the new Wonder Woman trailer is gonna drop.

Not this year at any rate

It's already been rated so that usually means within two weeks.

pastebin.com/pW2vxbjf

What's this?

Maybe they'll release it with Fantastic Beasts?

Maybe the american release of Doctor Strange.

Hadn't thought about it much before but listening to it again I dig wonder woman's theme. Sorta getting me hyped.

Man for how little she actually got to be seen doing a anything of note I felt like I was being brought to life when she was in the final battle. To be honest, it didn't take much for me. She just had to have two or three amusing lines and that wonderful shit-eating grin while she's fighting. Much more entertained by her than bvs superman.

More memorable then anything Marvel has put out in terms of music

God its terrible, I started laughing every time it played in the movie but at least its memorable which is more than I can say for most other cape movies themes.

Was actually my favorite song in the movie. I don't know why but I just really love this fucking song.

Hans Zimmer has been phoning it in since The Lion King. I can not think of a worse soundtrack than the Nolan Batmans.

it's ok but they used it so terribly in bvs

It makes me think of Spider-Man

The Avengers theme is pretty ace but that's about it I guess and I actually like the theme from Agents of Shield.

Inb4 'IT'S NOT APART OF THE MCU THOUGH'

That part when Wonder Woman drops down and saves Batman from Doomsday's laserbeams and her theme starts playing.

HYPE

People in my theater fucking screamed. Shame about the rest of the movie though.

>same retarded story
>actually saw it in theaters
>people started laughing over how silly and unfitting it was

I'm guessing teenagers thought it sounded cool

>Hey I just watch that stupid EFOP video
>Marvel music sucks now

Saw the movie 2 days ago, and I can't remember it.

Howard etruscan guitars unfitting from wonder woman? At least you are an American uncultured idiot that only listens to hip hop and thinks all electric guitars are "rock" your comment makes no sense.

Still its a bad song. This is my world is the best sonf in that movie, that and luthors

To be fair, Marvel music always sucked.

To be fair, I saw it on the premiere screening. Were probably a lot of DC fanboys/girls there. A lot of people came dressed as DC characters.

The Iron Man and Captain America movies had way better music than the Avengers tho

>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=Iqp5MMF6ACM

Best song on the soundtrack (and most viewed on youtube and spotify from the soundtrack too)

Better and more recognizeable than any DC theme since Elfman's Batman.
TDK theme sucks, and so does MoS's.
Williams' Superman is still the best by far, tho.

>TDK theme sucks

ok but what about the true best Nolanbats song, Eptesicus?

It was fucking great. She was the best thing about BvS and I'm hyped as fuck for the movie and I'm not even a WW fan

The crazy part is that it's not her solo theme. Listen closely, at 0:30 Batman shows up, and at 1:30 Superman does. The part where they fight Doomsday together with a combined theme was amazing.

What place do you live in where autism is so prevalent? Or maybe it's a lie?

That's because your memory is subjective. Nobody can remember the MoS theme song except for you obsessive dceu faggots, but you'll endlessly claim that it's "catchy" and a "good" theme.

Here's the interview with Tina Guo, a cellist who helped develop the song with Zimmer.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8nTdLAfa0V8

>Nobody can remember the MoS theme song
Massive denial.

It's a good song, but I wouldn't say it works as a Batman theme song.
I think the Mask of the Phantasm theme is a good successor to Elfman's, now that I recall it.
youtube.com/watch?v=C-m0ehT3_mo

It is pretty bad, though.

Massive denial part 2. Or just incredibly bad taste, who knows at this point?

Nothing about it says"Wonder Woman" unlike most other superhero themes.

Just a generic battle theme I could easily see the JL fighting to.

>Whoever doesn't like what I like is in denial
It's not a good superhero theme, user. It's not BAD but it's not memorable or good enough to spearhead the return of Superman, especially when you have Williams' shoes to fill.

I watched it with my mate and we laughed through the whole movie because it was shit. The wonder woman theme just takes the cake because it stood out like a sore thumb and didn't fit the mood of the scene. Also I live in Australia so it must be different because people aren't clapping all the time.

>Americlaps

Autism speaks.

>Howard
>etruscan guitars

It's an electric cello with distortion you dumbfuck

It will be specially unfitting in WW1

>Having no taste
In the trash you go.

Good as a battle theme, not what I would want for Diana's main theme

I've seen a lot of people love it, but it actually annoys me

Yep I'm dreading that. Has anyone attempted to cover it with an acoustic guitar? I see nothing on Youtube.

>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=0Odqg6_k5E8

I like how DC handles there music.

A series of short motifs and melodies that can be applied to anything it rides on.

Meanwhile Marvel aint got shit.

Other than IM3 and MAYBE the Avengers theme (which I can recognize if I hear it but strangely can never bring up just from memory), I'd agree.
Only DC hasn't had good themes in years either. Superheroes in general haven't had good music, the WW theme is the only thing I believe can become an exception, depending on how they handle it in her movie.

It's just a theme, though. They don't have to used the same instrumentation, rhythm, chords, tempo, hell not even the same key, to play the theme. That's kind of the point of a theme in music, you can bring back the same sort of melody in completely different ways so it can portray completely different feelings while still being recognizably the same melody.

Replace the electric cello with more traditional sound strings and brass, swap the huge in-your-face percussion with a bit of standard snare drum and timpani, barely anything has been changed at that point and already it would fit in a different setting. And that's just the instrumentation, there's so much that can be done melodically, or just with the recording and mix.

The melody is honestly such a tiny part of what it takes to create a feeling in music.

oop
>not even the same key
I meant mode. Like, move a major melody to minor, or something.

It's her battle theme maybe.

Might've been better had they not telegraphed it with her watching those youtube clips. It turned it into a joke for me.

Like that south park episode that parodied 300 with the ramping to make coffee and eat potato chips, only from the actual thing.

It's good for an action scene but I feel like we need to see it used in different contexts.

MoS Superman has a pretty good one, with a simple but recognizable melody that works for more subdued, lowkey scenes, something triumphant like Clark's first flight, or his showdown with General Zod.

youtube.com/watch?v=KFr3ih6Xu_8

youtube.com/watch?v=7kzKJL6TfnM

Vast majority of Marvel stuff is forgettable, but Captain America's leitmotifs and soundtracks, just like his films, are the highlights of the franchise.

I kinda agree with these.

I hated it at first but it slowly grew on me. I love it now honestly, just not as a WW theme.

Yeah, I was listening to it last night and I thought I heard snippets of Batman's theme in there.

Why the fuck do people do this kind of shit?

>Implying
youtube.com/watch?v=qrXwAeJ87Bk
youtube.com/watch?v=jMy5H0UNkeM
youtube.com/watch?v=HVJGh51wR7k
youtube.com/watch?v=45uNvHzMhuM
youtube.com/watch?v=SG36KyYzlIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0uTh4VE30fw
youtube.com/watch?v=4XJ07onCqAs
Most of them are from the same trilogy btw

Report it. Question is why mods don't immediately delete it. Most likely it's spyware or some other kind of virus in those links.

>Question is why mods don't immediately delete it

you serious? When have the mods EVER had enough manpower to respond immediately?

>no Taking a Stand
>no Driving with the Top Down

shameful

Evocative of Persia rather than Greece.

By "immediately" I mean "before 10 hours pass."

>Report it.
Way ahead of you. I hate this site sometimes. Everyone has to be LE EPIN TROLL XD.

It's laughably bad.

Especially the power metal part.

>Stupid sexy Diana

>tfw trilogy got ruined by Iron Manlet.