Why do people think that she's the superior Diamond when compared to Yellow Diamond?

Why do people think that she's the superior Diamond when compared to Yellow Diamond?

Cooler design, mostly.

Bump?

lack of manface

>arguing about which worthless chunk of zircon is better

Dude seriously.

She looks vaguely like a boss from one of those Souls games thanks to the cloak.

dsl

She looks like Palpatine.

Well, for role in villans, since yellow diamond comes is in direct confrontation with the gems first, in T.V land, that means she's likely the weakest. Yellow Diamond is also more emotionally responsive, and in T.V land, the calm one, is usually one of the stronger ones.

Waifu wise, Yellow Diamond has that stupid lesbian hair, that replaced Mohawks, and looks like a crystal gem insert of Carol Danvers.

- More mysterious
- Was feared by all even after she got cucked by a shortass gem rebelling
- Makes her people go barefoot
- Her pearl wins by a street simply by not speaking

Until we find out more she wins.

>TFW in a flashback when all the diamonds are together they are fucking adorable as hell

...I just noticed that Pinky had a distinctive tit outline, unlike the other diamonds.

...Sooner or later Steven will think to ask his room - Rose's room - why she killed Pink Diamond.

Yeah I'd have to agree about her cooler character design but there's something charming about Yellow's design too. Like how her head reminds me of the moon

Because she's the sexiest diamond

>faggotrocks

This show hasn't been cancelled yet?

Stay mad faggot

I just hope that she gets revealed to look something like this. All of the fanartists seem to be assuming that she's going to be some kind of beautiful goddess-woman under that robe. I'd like to see her actually look inhuman and disturbing, at least to the extent that the show can get away with.

I ship them both.

The logo suggested a sort of order.

White - rule
Yellow - logic
Blue - mysticism
Pink - passion

The whole "Science without faith is crippled / fait without science is blind" thing.

>TFW Rose Quartz wanted to free a world and inadvertently doomed her entire civilization to ruin and decay

bad guys tend to escalate in tv shows

This is 'Steven Universe', however. One can imagine the threats building gradually as Homeworld's vast (?) attention is slowly drawn to Earth again, but Peridot cut straight to Yellow Diamond. How much more terrible than her can White Diamond be, assuming she still exists?

I wonder if there's some kind of division in what exactly the Diamonds rule over. Like in one episode the exchange with Peridot goes:
"I'm doomed, I called Yellow Diamond a clod!"
"You call everyone a clod."
"Yes, but Everyone doesn't have total control over the Homeworld's armada!"

So does that mean that YD is like the main military commander Diamond and the others are more concerned with other aspects of Gem society? Or from looking at the Answer, does YD run the Gem equivalent of the Marines and Navy while BD runs the intelligence services?

I think it's more a philosophical division.

Like a general, an administrator and the pope.

Sucrose said that blue gems are more inclined towards diplomacy, so the Blue Diamond's sphere is most likely that.

Personally, judging from her reactions in The Answer, I think she represents the conservative side of the Homeworld.

Personally, judging from their subjects, I could see each diamond represent a certain archetype:

Yellow Diamond - Scientist
Blue Diamond - Diplomat
Pink Diamond - Warrior
White Diamond - (I have no clue as of now)

Cuz we haven't seen as much of her

Plot twist: Rose quartz was in reality Pink Diamond corrupted

>had a mysterious, foggy past
>had a pearl with undying loyalty
>nobody understands how corruption truly works
checks out.

Yellow Diamond is clearly the military leader. In fact Peridot confirms it!

Pink Diamond was likely in charge of kindergardens / making new gems. Her mural has her leaping from a bunch of crystals, reaching up. The sites on Earth confirmed as hers are tied to gem reproduction (Jasper's kindergarden), while Blue Diamonds seem more like meeting places or cultural areas (the floating place, and probably the gem tower).

That's not much of a twist, is it?

Plus we have three sources telling us Rose Quartz and Pink Diamond are separate entities, and that Rose shattered Pinky.

Her gem is not a diamond. And it was not corrupted.

I can just about believe that Rose corrupted Pink Diamond, rather than shattering her, and she became Lion.

........If Steven develops the ability to heal gems even when they have been corrupted, maybe uncorrupting Lion into Pink Diamond is (the?) end game.

It would mean Rose DID take Pink Diamond off the board, but without killing her.

>TFW Rose gave birth to Steven in the hopes he could do what she could not: heal corrupted gems.

>Rose corrupting PD
I'm pretty sure it's the Diamonds who corrupted everything. Rose is said to have sheltered her closest companions and everyone else got the space rock aids.

Also Steven / Centipeedle describe it like a song, and all the Diamond voices so far as from singers. I wouldn't be surprised if the corrupting song was a weapon used by a Diamond-fusion.

I think you're right about there being more to Rose and PD though. Maybe PD realy is Lion?

Yellow Diamond took over as the military leader after Pink Diamond got shattered. Right now she runs double duty, using military operations as an opportunity to do experiments and test out new inventions.

You could segue into that by having Steven accidentally corrupting a gem.

Oh god, what if he accidentally corrupts Pearl, and she runs around in her bird form, and everybody is completely hysterical - and Steven knows he HAS to find a way to uncorrupt her... THAT could be a hell of an arc, couldn't it?

But now he also knows that he has that power, like the dark shadow of his ability to heal.

That could lead him to wonder whether Rose ever corrupted anyone.

"Room! I have to know... tell me... did Mom ever use her powers to corrupt gems?"

And the only thing that appears is the image of Pink Diamond.

"S-so she wasn't shattered? She was corrupted? She became a monster? ...Where is she now? Is she in the temple? Is she bubbled?"

(This is atypical for Steven, who never asks questions, but maybe that would be good - like ALL of his questions flood out in one go).

Que Pink Diamond's form changing into that of Lion... end episode.

Next episode, he has unlocked a message from Rose she left for him in her room.

>Steven turns Lion into Pink Diamond
I can see it happening.

If that Sup Forums theory about Yellow Diamond being super butthurt about her dead sister is true, healing a corrupt Pink Diamond would be a pretty good way to end the Crystal Gem / Homeworld War without tons of violence and expensive fight scenes. It would be pretty in-keeping with the show's themes and could fit into an 11 minute episode.

Pink Diamond only switched to military applications during the civil war. I don't think it was her specialty. Just look at her gems.

Rose is a healer / protector quartz while Jasper is a god damn tank with no temper or long term planning skills. Rose builds stuff but Jasper was made purely for war.

Well have an old headcanon for the roles of the Diamond Authority

>Yellow Diamond: Political Leader who's in charge of anything and everything politics and economy

>Blue Diamond: Homeworld's Master of War

>White Diamond: Master of Law, Justice and Mercy. Also a pseudo-religious leader, basically the pope

>Pink Diamond: ...Dunno

Maybe Rose didn't shatter Pink Diamond, she just crippled her somehow, then PD got corrupted at the end of the war. Rose then spends thousands of years trying to figure out how to heal her, involving her secret lion den in the desert, and manages to partially heal her.

Or maybe she spent millennia trying to put a shattered diamond back together? The cluster seemed to want to do that.

White Diamond has more planets and her gem is at the top of the Diamond Authority logo. I think she's the political leader.

Peridot already said Yellow Diamond is in charge of the fleet.

Blue Diamond... no clue, unless that user talking about diplomat gems is actually quoting a crew member.

All of the known Quartz were shown or implied to be made under PD. The only confirmed YD gem is Peridot, who fits the sciencist role.

They prefer any Diamond other than Yellow because they are probably Trump supporters.

Because she has the best design in the whole series and hasnt made a meme face.

>the best design

Throwing a table cloth over someone is not 'design'.

If harvesting gems means what I think it means, i.e. recycling shattered gems and making new ones of the same type, I think Rose shattered PD and then hid the shards from the Homeworld, so that they couldn't make a new Pink Diamond.

This is basically it, right here. When that extended intro first hit, everybody got hype as hell over YD... until Message Received, and then it was nothing but "angry giraffe" memes. The second they finally pull the curtain back on BD I fucking guarantee Sup Forums is going to start tossing feces all over again.

I'll be here to enjoy the shitfest

SHE DOESN'T NEED EYES TO SEE AND IS BLUE

Wait a minute...

Zircon and Carbon are wholly different chemical bodies.

Because Yellow Diamond is the one they're facing first, and you don't just waste the stronger enemy first.
White Diamond is going to be the strongest of them all, and then after they beat her there's going to be some kind of back up plan that makes a cluster out of all four beaten diamonds, and then some kind of super gem behind that.
At least if we go with shounen logic.

She has a normal neck and doesn't completely ruin her introduction with "I'm sooooo triggered!"

>Diamond Empire invades earth
>Steven and CG's are aware of this, and realize they are completely outnumbered
>Steven gets an idea
>He goes back to the center of the Earth and seperates the Cluster
>all the gems return into their individual forms
>they fight against the invasion

>if we go with shounen logic

Kinda breaks down there.

...The Cluster is not made up of complete gems that can re-form. It's all shards. And without the binding effect of the Cluster, it's just a horrible, writhing mass of limbs spastically flailing around, trying to find the rest of them.

..I wonder if Steven could restore a gem if he had all their shards. But it would take years to heal all of them even if it worked...

how hype would you be if an episode like this started with a 'trigger warning'?

garnet calls her court 'diplomats' AND rebecca said in an interview that blue gems are diplomats, when discussing what Connie's gem would be if she were a gem

it's kind of interesting because nothing about what the gems do seems like it would involve diplomacy, unless they had a common practice of doing their planet-hollowing via deception - as in "we'll pay you a billion space-bucks to let us set up these harmless research-collecting machines in a remote part of your planet"

Diplomacy between the courts, no?

well, it could be both, but it seems implausible that one out of four (formerly three) diamonds would be in charge of just inter-court diplomacy and nothing else

>sapphire, the calm little one with the ability to look into the future.

>Bob, with the ability to see and show beyond the space.

It looks like this diplomacy thing is taking more than just the interacting between home world and the conquered worlds, they monitored.

Wait a minute...

Probably because she's so

M Y S T E R I O U S

>not sending the Cluster into space to wreck HW ships

It's probably been said about 15 times already, but her design is way better. She's all fucking cool and mystical looking.

Meanwhile, YD is about the least intimidating motherfucker in the universe.

>Pink Diamond was likely in charge of kindergardens

The Alpha Kindergarten has a big yellow diamond shape on the control panel.

how so?

She's definitely the hotter one, but only because we haven't actually seen her talk/display much emotion unlike our yellow giraffe who got memed into oblivion by Peridot. Plus a lot of the fanart of these two Diamonds typically have their respective Pearls accompanying them. Blue Pearl appears to be more popular than Yellow Pearl.

Lore wise, I'd place YD AND BD at around equal standing. WD>YD=BD>PD

Very, since it suggests we may get something juicy because Sucrose convinced her paymasters the kids wouldn't notice.

You have to negotiate if you encounter a species that is more powerful.

The Cluster...

Blue Diamond.

Blue Pearl.

I really hope we get a Diamond SoL episode.

Yellow is the better diamond,

Because google hope diamond

Hopeless diamond more like, amirite?

Meanwhile:

Two random corrupted gems.

Sure. That's why the white gem was in a giant pyramid. With the famous murals. Nothing special about the gem which looks exactly like White Diamond's gem.

We don't know what the White Diamond gem looks like though.

Yes, we do. Unless her official mural somehow gets the actual shape of her GEM wrong.

Mural gem shape != Real gem shape
Compare BD:

...Blue Diamond's gem shape is the same on the mural and in reality.

She hasn't been given a personality yet.

Yellow Diamond was the THING until she was revealed to be Mister Spacely.

BD gem's cut in reality is a bit curvier than the rhombus depicted in the mural.

Something had to be powering it, so they just shoved some random diamond from White Diamond's court in there as a battery.

Rose is pink diamond.

She is thick because she has to redistribute the height

It probably only had one or two more seasons, user. Just wait out

one on the left looks like the one pulled from the haunted house. Right one from the moon goddess statue.

ゴゴゴゴゴMENACINGゴゴゴゴゴ

Blue and Yellow are sisters and created by White.

Have you ever noticed that shattered gem melds are disproportionately hands and feet?
There's a gem meld out there that's made entirely out of butts.

>They just seek out other gems, looking for the missing pieces of themselves. Trying to make themselves whole.
can't crawl to your other pieces as a butt, same reason we haven't seen a disabomdied gem head

>yfw that orb she's holding is homeworld

Pretty much. I've been over-hyped by fan designs though.

YD's official design is fine once you get used to it, but I guess I was hoping for something more, ominous?

Is it white Diamond or Grey Diamond?

>Blue Pearl appears to be more popular than Yellow Pearl
Probably people imagine her to be the tragic submissive servant while seeing Yellow Pearl as the smug middle management one.

She'll show up and actually talk eventually.

I think the yellow one is cuter myself but I like annoying bitches

I want the characters to approach her like she's weak and quiet only for her to turn out to be psychotically dedicated to BD.

And she'll still have Deedee's voice as well.

>I won't allow you to do to my Diamond what you did to yours...

Trio song between Deedee, Deedee, and Deedee when?

I liked that one design that made her look like Rei.

Which one's that?