STARING IS A PUNISHABLE OFFENCE CITIZEN

STARING IS A PUNISHABLE OFFENCE CITIZEN

What's the punishment for non regulation uniform?

Five years in the iso cubes.

They are! Awesome! So where *did* you buy those pads, then, I'd really like some for myself.

YOU WERE WARNED

what about ogling?

Psi Div gets leeway.

40-year stretch. Ogling was outlawed after Sov-block started importing the Oglebox in the 2110s.

How do I into Dredd?

Complete case files 05

I heard to start with judge death I don't get why not just start with the first case files tho

I really enjoyed those Anderson Storytimes last night

I guess it's punished user time then.

Usually it's because very early Dredd is very cheesy and odd, while volumes 4-5 are widely considered Peak Classic Dredd. Personally, I've met people who couldn't stand early Dredd and people who loved it like a brother, so I'd rather let new readers make that judgment for themselves.

I'm a huge superman fan I love every era from silver age to man of steel so that doesn't sound like an issue for me hell a plus

Sounds like how DD went from very cheesy to very dark, that happened organically though was it organic for dredd

Sorry for rambles 3am

It was *very* organic for Dredd. It's worth mentioning that Dredd started out as a comic for kids aged 7-10, and that audience grew alongside the comic. So by the mid 80s you already had stories that delved deeper into the moral questions of the judge system, and by the late 80s there were stories where Dredd openly questioned it. There was a bit of a dark period in the 90s where all that got kinda swept away, but the strip has since settled for a great sci-fi police procedural with an extremely strong supporting cast.
One of Dredd's greatest strengths as a strip is that the lion's share of his stories are written by the same guy, John Wagner (with a lot of help from Alan Grant in the 80s). So what you get is a very straightforward sense of evolution, both for the character and the setting. Same with Anderson, who has been written by Alan Grant around 95% of the time.

>written for 7-10 year olds

huh really? thats interesting I have case files 1 incoming want to get one a week
Is the first issue of 2000 A.D. in the Dreddverse? I'd be curious to read it since Dredd comes in in number 2 and it would be cool to see the issue that establishes the setting

Nope. Due to some production mishaps, Dredd completely missed prog (issue) 1 of 2000AD.
That said, there are two stories in that issue, FLESH and Harlem Heroes, that were later revealed to happen in the same universe sorta kinda, but they don't really affect Dredd or establish the setting and so are not required reading.
Unless you wanna read about time-travelling cowboys herding dinosaurs into the future and Harlem Globetrotters playing basketball with jetpacks.

Was wondering when you'd show up Judge user.

Just started getting into Dredd like a week ago and it's great. The cheese is great and it does transfer naturally. You should read early Dredd for stuff like the fast food wars and Judge Cal.

Havent reas much of the modern stuff, just America. Any other recomendations? I wanna see more of Judge Hershey

Who wouldn't want to read about those?

>time travelling cowboys herding dinosaurs into the future

You would have to be out of your mind to not want to read that

Hershey shows up in Volume 4, in The Judge Child Quest, and then appears sporadically in later volumes.
For modern stuff, I'd strongly recommend reading Origins, Tour of Duty, Day of Chaos and Trifecta. It's a wonderful set of series that segue beautifully into each other, and they'll bring you mostly up to speed with current events.

Losers and nonscrots, I guess.

Does Judge user have time for another storytime? :3

It was as amazing as it sounds. It always saddened me that modern especially U.S. comics didn't run with that kind of balls out insanity and variety in their stories.

Harlem Heroes was great too. 70s Blaxsploitation basketball sports opera about dudes in the future with jet packs doing kung-fu. 2000 A.D. seems batshit crazy in hindsight. But it was clearly just doing obvious things that would have got a 10 year old boy excited circa the late 70s and directly cribbing from the pop culture of the time (sci-fi, kung-fu, cowboys, wwii stories, cop shows, etc).

I read Child's Quest already and that was fun. I think the last thing I've read was Unamerican Graffiti.

Does the rest of modern Dredd have the same tone as America? Because that story took me by surprise

I dunno, do I?

Of course I do.

A bit. While it doesn't go into full Judges Are Villains territory as America, modern Dredd definitely has an undercurrent of something being fundamentally broken about the judicial system. And Dredd's attempts at fixing it without completely doing away with it is one of the strongest subplots running through the strip.

Harlem Heroes is a thing of beauty. And surprisingly progressive, considering it was a 70s comic with an all-black cast. Wonderful art too, dat early Gibbons.

Thanks judge user it's 330am and the last Storytimes you did were super comfy

Imho America is the quintessential early 90s Dredd story. Things got quite philosophical as the 10 year old boys who'd grown up with the strip went into their 20s and experienced Thatcherism, the miner's strike, the crash of 87 etc. With Dredd being an outright facist then questioning the system.

It got kina goofy from the mid-90s with just
slightly dumb macho action not undifferent from what the Big Two U.S. companies were doing before settling into a well written sci-fi police procedural over the last decade and a half or so I think.

My favourite era is mid-80s Dredd and specifically the Apocalypse War. Dredd is a full on 80s style Rambo action hero but well written in comedically dark stories. It was great.

Glad Dredd isn't being played as a villain. He did seem to actually care in his own way.

Yeah, even when we get a story about Justice Dept. being faceless monstrous authoritarians (which is something Wagner is very fond of doing, if only to keep people from thinking having a judge system would be a good idea), Dredd himself is usually a voice of dissent towards the most horrible measures.

Apocalypse War is next on my list. Looking forward to it

Apocalypse War is an absolute masterpiece.

this is perfect batshit 4am reading

>God is a giant insect called Jose

kek

LOOKIT THOSE DIGITS

Well, that's one way to create the first trans judge. Suck it Big Two!

Dredd and Anderson play of each other so well

>that ending

kek

truly more diverse than marvel NOW

thanks for the storytime

Man, body swapping will always freak me out

why is she so perfect

>Warm, caring and compassionate
>Goofy sense of humor
>Great with kids
>Introspective and philosophical
>Questions authority
>Doesn't let any of that get in the way of kicking ungodly amounts of ass when the situation calls for it
>Debbie Harry in a leather suit
And that's without even mentioning her powers.

Letting this thread die is five years in the iso-cubes creep

What's the punishment for imagining me marrying her and growing old together

Have I got a story for you!

oh boy!

And everyone lived happily ever after!

Someone post that pic of Anderson where its from a low perspective. She has puffy vulva, cute short hair, lots of cleavage and says "you're dirt in my boots, perp."

So Ive been readin Dredd's Complete Case Files

Does andersen have her own trades? I really wanna read psi-ops.

Does she have her own equivalent of the complete case files?

burning out your cerebellum will kill you instantly. She means cerebrum

What's the magic word?

>Find out in another 35 years
Oh boy, I can read it right after Outsider's next page

PLEASE AND THANK YOU

Im gonna beat off to this on my lunch break

Yep, Judge Anderson: The Psi-Files. Volume 5 (I think) just came out.

The More You Know!

Ok, that's Too Much Know.

Awesome, thanks. Can I read Psi-Division without reading the Psi-Files? All the covers are very lewd and Id love to see it on my shelf

If not Ill probably buy it anyway but I wont read it until I can

Oh yeah, you can read it without any previous knowledge. There are a few references to Judge Dredd: Year One, another IDW miniseries, but it's nothing super important to the plot.

Anderson strikes me as basically if Saturn Girl joined the Science Police instead of the Legion.

I fact, I sometimes wonder if there wasn't at least a little bit of a reference going on in the Reboot version of Imra. The SP uniforms with the fuckhuge pauldrons don't exactly suggest otherwise.

You're the best, thanks!

how does one acquire this in digital format? I'm not opposed to buying it somewhere but I have no idea how comic books work

Or possibly Steve...

It probably says a lot about MC1 that he could go that crazy and no one even noticed

Pirate it from a torrent site

You can buy them all at the official 2000AD shop, in physical or digital. They also have an app if you want to get them on a smartphone.

Could be, could be. Back in the 80s and mostly thanks to Bolland's work, Dredd was a bit popular in the States amongst professionals and collectors.

Or if you are willing to support hard working artists buy direct from the publisher 2000adonline.com

I'd like to report an incitement to commit a crime, staring.

i 01, , .

And was SUPPOSED to say "If I started with Case Files 01, would that be the "start" of Dredd, or does he appear earlier in other books? I'm the kind of autist who likes to read everything."

does anyone have the What if Wulf Sternhammer had survived? story? its one of the few stront stories i haven't read due to lack of being collected.

Sure, I got it.
Also, kinda spoiler alerts for anyone who hasn't read Strontium Dog.

F

I like the era around "The Day the Law Died."

And any story where Dredd is an antagonist, but not a complete dick about it.

Bump.

Three different faces? Very well done.

Yes volume 1 contains the very first Dredd story and moving forward the case files collect all the Dredd stories published in order excluding a few spin off stories that have their own collections

>beating off at work

3 WEEKS IN ISO CUBE

Srsly tho not even once kek

You can leave during lunch in some jobs

If Judge user is around would you mind storytiming a comic featuring Hershey