/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

What ever happened to Chet Edition

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f6YaWWnJXBY
youtu.be/WJ-8cn7LGoQ
alternativenation.net/twin-peaks-julee-cruise-calls-finale-slap-face-emperor-david-lynch/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for jumping man

>Judy
>Joo-day
>Judea

IT WAS THE JEWS ALL ALONG. KIKES CONTROL THE LODGE.

this is mrs tremond's grandson

say something nice about him

Reminder that talking about Judy was a mistake

Can someone please explain to me what happened with Julee Cruise? I stopped going on the internet when I saw people saying she posted a spoiler on Facebook and now I'm seeing people saying shes a loon?

>I've seen you in a dream.
;_;

Vedderfriends were right all along

youtube.com/watch?v=f6YaWWnJXBY

Real talk: Would Pete have still died in a bank explosion if Laura never died?

HOLY SHIT, EVERYONE!

SCOOBY DOO EXPLAINED THIS

youtu.be/WJ-8cn7LGoQ

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED IN THE ENDING

It's all in the hips

fell a victim

One of my favorite scenes in the whole series.

>NON-EXIST-ANT

What did he mean by this? Who was he talking about?

I am so happy your back

I hope we never get a S4 for the sole purpose that every time this series is expanded Laura's life and suffering becomes worse and worse.

I just want her to find peace ;___;

So should I kill myself now that its over? Or will Frosts book tie me over? Maybe I will find out all the answers in death.

Where did Laura go at the end of Part 17?

*you're

He did appear in the finale & you all mocked me; I knew he would appear in Season 3 before it ended, I saw it in a dream.

alternativenation.net/twin-peaks-julee-cruise-calls-finale-slap-face-emperor-david-lynch/

>two birds one stone
>Laura/Carrie = two birds
>one stone to break Judy

God it finally clicked. I feel so fucking stupid

Reposting

>Am I the only person who both thinks that the ending was Carrie waking up, hence the exploding lights of the house, but also doesn't think that waking up had anything to do with Laura in 1989?

>I understood it as Carrie hearing Sarah's voice, making her remember her other self as Laura Palmer, and that "waking her up", causing her reality to come crashing down as she realizes she's basically two people.

We've all been lynched from the start

Might have happened under different circumstances, you can't escape fate. Which is why I think Cooper's mission to try and save Laura is pointless.

You forgot.
>Chet and Sam come to drink coffee and kick ass and they're all out of coffee.

Lynch treats everyone who isn't a tall beautiful white women as shit.

wait for based Frost

>actually alive now hanging out with a FBI agent
>has pretty good odds of continuing to live for a while
her life is way better now

It's a huge mess. The biggest single thing that bothers me is that this whole thing could've been (at most) a 3-hour movie. Maybe even a 2-hour movie. There's no there there -- this is a very empty show. I think there's a very good chance that Lynch is just F'ing with us.

Look at how fantastic the original film looks; it's charming, and has plenty of depth. Then the next, they have to filter and crop it to match the cancer 16:9 digital, and it loses any original semblance and looks terrible - even the clouds are muddled to nothing! But then the digital itself looks even worst, like spew.
How could Lynch let this happen? I understand something like Inland Empire, where he started experimenting with digital and then made a film. But if you're going to include scenes of the original run, why not shoot on film? Sure, the budget would be more and thus less episodes, but lets not pretend that a shorter season would have been somehow worst - the first season of Twin Peaks was just 8 episodes, after all.
I firmly believe that The Return could have been done better as a film, with more finesse and effort in a tighter script. The budget would have been better spent, too.

These two are the most correct theories I've seen on here so far

I live stream all the Scooby-Doo episodes, every incarnation of the series including Scrappy. Want the link? It's on YT

Also, thanks.

jesus do we live in a dream? Also weird that shaggies voice actor is hasting in the return

We knew from the Russian spoilers for weeks, dumbass.

>FBI agent who has realized all his assumed knowledge from his past dimension is false/unreliable, doesn't know who he himself is, and who is slowly being consumed by existential terror

This is getting pathetic now. Accept your fate /tpg/, these threads are dead and will die. it's just the same shitty memes posted over and over again. The show isn't that good to warrant a permanent thread after it's all over. It would be like me trying to start generals for Diagnosis Murder and Northern Exposure.

Is it true that Alice Tremond was the woman who owns the house in real life? Her acting was perfect, incredibly spoopy.

Here's my interpretation, picking up from where things are obvious:

>Cooper, Diane, and Cole visit the basement of the Great Northern, where Cooper uses his old room key to visit Jeffries
Jeffries sends Cooper back in time, where he intercepts Laura on the night of her murder, seemingly saving her (the corpse disappears, Pete goes fishing, etc.)
>But as Cooper is leading her through the woods, she disappears and screams; my interpretation is that she hasn’t yet been saved / Judy found a way to get to her again
>Cooper returns to the lodge, unsuccessful
>He leaves the lodge, and meets Diane (he told her to ‘meet him at the curtain call’)
>The two drive to a threshold into another, alternate reality (Fireman/Giant tells him to “remember 430” miles)
>Cooper wakes up without Diane, but sees a note about Richard and Linda—those names are clues that the Fireman/Giant gave him in episode 1, so he knows he’s on the right track
>He drives to Judy’s coffee shop, then tracks down the other waitress, who is Laura—only she has a memory of another life
>He brings her to her house to confront Sarah Palmer, who’s possessed by Judy, and has been since that evil bug crawled into her mouth when she was a girl
>Instead, they find a woman who says her name is Tremond; she also says she and her husband bought the house from Chalfont; these are the names of the evil lodge spirits who resemble a grandmother with her grandson in FWWM, which tips you off that the lodge spirits are obscuring Judy / the fact that Coop is at the right place in this reality
>All seems confused/lost, but Laura hears her mother calling for her, and she suddenly realizes who she really is
I interpret the lights going out as the arrival of Judy; it’s obviously unclear what happens next, as the episode ends

FOR THE LAST TIME CARRIE AND LAURA ARE NOT THE SAME PERSON

I hate to say it, but season 3 is like the Star Wars prequels. Lynch has gone full Lucas.

>...actually, Laura's mom was possessed too! And Laura was born from a Dragonball created by the Fireman! Coop has to go back in time to save her, but he doesn't... or does he? Who fucking cares lmao!

Showtime gives this guy a blank check and this is what he comes up with? The entire 18 hour nothingburger was banking 100% on the ending, which turned out to be empty and unsatisfying. Fuller House for pseuds.

i wish i was that good looking

I thought they went to the plant that James and OPL work at?

Carrie is literally Laura without her memories in an alternate timeline dreamed by Judy

This scene was completely unnecessary. It was just a power trip fantasy

If it happened I'd just want the following:
>Cooper will end up saving Laura for good, that's the whole journey.
>Collaboration from the Sheriff Department because they travel to Jack Rabbit's Palace on the second date specified by Briggs
>The second missing page of Laura Palmer's diary is found
>The "Mother"/Judy is defeated from within Sarah Palmer
>It's just a miniseries or two hour movie, not 18 hours

They work at the great northern, doing security
They're supposed to check out the boiler room / basement

Linda/ Richard are different from Cooper/ Diane but Carrie is just Laura put in a different reality by Judy and without her memories.

Yeah this pretty fucking obvious. Not only two people but a murder/rape victim who has ascended into heaven and brought down to kill an ancient inter-dimensional eldritch elder god who lay an egg in earth to reproduce (arguably) and possess her mother, the queen of all evil spirits wrecking havoc in earth. She's also the only hope of saving the only pure place in the spiritual realm and there's no time left.

Yeah, I'd scream pretty hard too.

Twin Peaks is a perfect show in my mind. Even Season 2's James subplot has been redeemed by the third season.

This is a show I'll probably rewatch again and again throughout the years.

That's my only real gripe this season. They should have shot on film for the sole reason that they included so many flashbacks using old footage when it was shot on film. The new season looked nice in its own right, but it looked out of place.

>cooper wants to kill Laura/Carrie with Judy
what?

>Even Season 2's James subplot has been redeemed by the third season.
literally how

>tfw Cooper ruined her finally being at peace at the end of the movie by trying to save her
Or is it possible that this still happens?

Another minor gripe from this season. I desired further exposition on the fate of young Chet.

They have the same Laura soul. Ep. 8.
Therefore she's Laura, not only that but she explicitly remembers her mother. Fuck off.

the flashbacks make you miss film all the more

You do know it was cut, right?

he put the ring he found on and disappeared

So Wally Brando is Andy and Lucy's real son and they are legitimately retarded?

You are a fucking moron, an absolute fucking moron. You act like you know things, then proceed to pull it out of your ass. Do you really not realize how long it would have took to film and edit this entire thing had they went with film? Do you realize how much money it would have took? Lynch is an old man, who likes long takes and loves to see what he's shooting as it's being shot.

also, you're wrong about Inland Empire. He didn't set out to shoot a film on low res video. It just ended up happening like that because he shot a few irrelevant scenes for his website, then he came up with a scene that connected them together and it was too late to reshoot.

So why does Cooper try to go back to save Laura?

Laura's been dead for 25 years. If anyone deserved a happy ending it was Coop. show should have ended with the destruction of bob in ep 17. push that event to ep 18, have bob cooper and the sheriff's department gang go out to the forest where Briggs led them to the vortex as part of some last ditch plan/trap set by bob to lure dale back into the lodge, only to be foiled by Dale in a triumphant moment. We waited 25 years and 16 episodes just to watch the important plotline wrap way too quickly and conveniently so that Lynch could spend the home stretch retconning his waifu back from the grave. And for what? What service to the story was it to bring back Laura? Now everything's fucked.

and don't even get me started on the Judy plot tie-in. We're not gonna talk about Judy.

James has always been cool.

Rise and shine, Agent Cooper. Rise and shine...Not that I wish to imply you have been sleeping on the job. No one is more deserving of a rest, and all the effort in the world would have gone to waste until...well, let's just say your hour has come again.

When I saw this
I thought it was just a coincidence but holy shit

Same for the Jojo's Stone Ocean/Twin Peaks ending, with the new timeline and the fucking with horse being Maid in Heaven

Half Life 3 when?

>mentioned Twin Peaks S3 to a friend back when the show is first starting up
>he texts me on Friday and says he's completely caught up, wants to know if I can wait until labor day to watch the two-parter with him and his gf

>the last episode is one of the most gut-wrenching things I've ever seen
>him and his gf keep scoffing and saying "oh, WHAT" every time something happens that isn't explicitly explained immediately
>"dude, this means there's going to be another season next year, right?"

I should have just stayed home.

Ok so what was the coordinates that mr.c was trying to find? What happened to richard?

yeah but they still filmed it

Sarah was possessed Since season 2, when she talks to Major Briggs

In the end, Lynch wasted millions of dollars filming whatever the fuck he wanted to while only slightly giving people bits and pieces of the Twin Peaks they wanted.

You can't watch this kind of thing with normies. I'm actually amazed they made it this deep.

>"dude, this means there's going to be another season next year, right?"

Well, he's not wrong about that one.

If they're not familiar with Lynch or his spirituality and style this reaction isn't really out of the ordinary.

Yeah, didn't you see the original season with the whole baby subplot?

With the current information that we have this is the only correct interpretation for me. There are various details that need to expanded like what happened to the "Original/Real" world , who's Judy? the Bug or the Mother (or both) and why's Laura so important but without more information from Lynch these can't be answered.

I think it's a vision of something that could happen.
Remember Andy's vision - he saw the '6' in Odessa Texas, so that was part of it in some way.
But he also saw the angels beside Laura.

It made me miss the old show more than anything and wish more was made 20+ years ago instead of having to wait for everyone to get old and wrinkly.

This is the exact kind of totally new information I was looking for. Thank you so much, you stupid fucking cretin.

it'd be a play on words of the original idiom

he doesn't say "kill", just "two birds. one stone". You're led to think it means just accomplishing two things at the same time, but here the clue means the ratio 2:1, specifically two personas to the one body. The idiom's still implied though, so the stone still does the killing and is used to defeat Judy

everything is not as it seems

Fuck what the audience wants. If everyone got what they wanted, they'd be bored as shit and there'd be no surprise or shock. It's about creators giving audiences what they didn't know they wanted. Sometimes creators go overboard, but when they're on the money, it's beautiful.

This was Lynch's wife btw

I waited 25 fucking years to find out "How's Annie?" And I never fucking got an answer.

A cute maid appears!

>lynch makes a sequel movie
>it's a prequel story about why Wilson's boss hates him

>when you build up a plotline for 16 eps but decide to completely change the focus in the last two hours

this

I think the ending was more about Coop's character and how he fucked everything up by trying to save everyone. Evil/Judy still exists and now Coop is stuck in some alt universe world.

The way Carrie repeated "Sarah" to Cooper sounded exactly like Maddie said it.

>Laura was born from a Dragonball
Incorrect interpretation. Laura is a normal human being. The Giant directly taps to ascension (heaven) and brings Laura back to help against Judy, she starts by greeting Cooper and sending him on his way.

Literally never.

Reminder that this franchise is shit because it makes no sense and is therefore meaningless and without artistic value. Only redditors will disagree.

If everyone that wears the ring meets a horrible fate ( Teresa, Chet, Dougie, Booper) , why did Mike insist on Laura to wear the ring?

A cute maid disappears!

This

They just wanted to see Cooper wake up. The entire sequence at the sheriff's station where everyone shows up and they all have a laugh together was exactly how they expected it to end.

I recommended they try the X-Files revival series.

>Watch every episode with my mom
>She watched the show back in the 90's and for some reason let her then 9 year old son stay in the room while she watched the reruns on cable
>She doesn't understand anything going on in the new series
>Any time a new character shows up she immediately asks me who they are as if I know
>She slowly enjoys the Dougie scenes as time goes on but generally only seems to be excited when the original music plays or we see any of the old characters in Twin Peaks

It's both annoying and depressing knowing that someone who enjoyed the original got almost no enjoyment out of this new season because Lynch couldn't control himself.

>I think the ending was more about Coop's character and how he fucked everything up by trying to save everyone. Evil/Judy still exists and now Coop is stuck in some alt universe world.

This is true. The fireman/giant was tweaking things for the bigger picture (stopping judy). Coop was just focused on saving Laura which fucked him over. The fireman warned him, but he didn't listen.

The Phillip Jeffries 8 with the moving black dot wasn't for nothing. Cooper fell through a whole in infinity and ended up in an alternate dimension.