RWBY/RT General Thread #927: Sinister Schnee undertones Edition

Rules of RWBY/RT General:
>1. Read the pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW
>2. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion.
>3. Don't believe their lies

Previous Thread: Latest Chapter: roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-4-volume-4-episode-2-075-shi

RWBY Chibi Season 1 - Season Finale: roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-chibi-season-1-episode-24

RvB Season 14 - Season Finale: roosterteeth.com/episode/red-vs-blue-season-14-episode-24

Camp Camp Season 1 - Season Finale: roosterteeth.com/episode/camp-camp-season-1-the-order-of-the-sparrow-camp-camp-episode-12

RT Animated Adventures - Latest Episode: roosterteeth.com/episode/rt-animated-adventures-2016-billion-dollars-butt

First for Ozpin is dead

Honestly, Episode 2 was, from a story-telling standpoint, one of the strongest episodes of the entire series. It stands out as being up there with the Bumblebee episode and Vol 3 E1.

BEST GIRL

No waifus for old men

No, the Jaune arc from V1 is legitimately terrible and if I had been following the show week by week I would have dropped it

Literally nothing happened though.

He will be back.

Alright what is the over under on Salem making Cinder look and sound like Pyrrha to fix her?

>Blake and Weiss being this much fun
That pic is a lie

Can we talk about this embargo being completely fucking retarded?

The other kingdoms aren't just sitting around in peace. They have to CONSTANTLY deal with the Grimm attacks, and Vale was just fucked so hard they lost Beacon.

Then Atlas cuts off their supply of dust. Whatever you think, at the end of the day that means the kingdoms have to expend lives they otherwise wouldn't because there wasn't enough dust to man the defences/it needed to be conserved.

Hot damn Ironwood, the Irondong is strong but your a fucking idiot when it comes to diplomacy

A Yang post

>Literally nothing happened
Ever hear of character development? Tension? Suspense?

He has to for Thomas

They dropped in some plot points, though.
>The air ship in Xione is kaput, and whatever attacked the town is connected to whatever destroyed Ren and Nora's village
>Ruby is hearing Pyrrha
>Weiss is going to be performing a concert
>Ironwood is trying to reopen Atlas Academy and willing to accept her as a student

>Out of the three Monty had the most blatant self insert compared only to Neptune.
God he was made of cringe.

>he's an actionfag

Shion, probably.

Ozpin was Monty's self-insert, not Jaune. Monty pretty much designed Oz for his own cosplays.

She wants to fuck with RNJR and send them to the madness zone

Its a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. Either option is bad, but its not like all the other countries are just completely out of dust.

The only new things we learned are Papa Schnee is an ass, their mother is a drunk, the brother is a creeper, the butler is possibly crazy and some shit in the dirt at a burnt village.
Other than that, we got nothing of note or value.

I thought Qrow was Monty's self insert since he had been planning on voicing him and everything.

Actually it was Qrow.

Klein is a precious cinnamon roll.

Again
>Ever hear of character development?

Go back to watching your naruto and complaining about TWD.

I nominate myself to be Yangs husband

The captions on Youtube say Xione.

I nominate myself to be Yang's affair that she eventually leaves you for after you walk in on us fugging like horny animals

blake is for _________

He was planning on voicing Ozpin too

I nominate myself to be your affair you have after getting tired of Yang's shit

the trash

>Implying the embargo was Atlas inspired just because Ironwood supported it.
>Implying Atlas is the sole dust producer/exporter.

The entire world just watched a whole army of Atleasian droids go full killbot on Beacon and Vale. It's a fair bet that other countries are anxious with the idea of accepting any product that's military related from them. Ironwood is aware of this sensitivity and is not keen on making Atlas seem any worse than it already does just because its private sector is throwing a hissy fit.

I'm looking forward to hearing about people from the Mistral black market smuggling dust in/out. But then again, that would be something that's interesting. So it's not like that'll happen.

I nominate myself to be the divorce lawyer in all of this.

You're both losers she laughs at before going off to fuck the most Chad Chad who ever lived.

Breading Xenomorphs

What character development?
Oh, the people who lost their friend are still in mourning, like they established with how he hocked her shit and slapped it on his shield?
Ruby worrying about Jaune? Thing that's been established since season 1.
Weiss having a controlling dad and subsequently has issues? Season 1 and 3 established this.
The only thing in terms of development we got was maybe Ren even then that is stretching it.

Weiss

I nominate myself to fuck your asses for fucking my woman

a car fire since she is a no good dirty nigger.

Rapin'

I liked him and didn't think Neptune was that bad, at least in vol 2. Vol 3 turning him into a complete joke was a waste.

Being loved and cared for gently, reading with on rainy afternoons, and cuddling together to watch romance movies she secretly wanted to watch that you found out about, and even though you don't like them you watch them with her to make her feel more comfortable and open about her interests. Because you love her.

Blake is for Loving.

Vale is. Roman stole most of it and whatever was left was probably used up in the Battle of Beacon. Vale is probably not a nice place to be right now.

The scenes with Weiss in the 2nd episode were really badly done. Like just awkward bad. Why no bgm?

>Implying Atlas
Irondong literally said he was keeping the policy going through his two seats on the council. We don't have a metric for how powerful that is, but it shut Jacque up so I'm assuming that's 'What I want done, get's done' level.

>Atlas is the sole producer/exporter
I'm imagining that the Schnee company has a near fucking global monopoly here, considering there hardware is globally fucking everywhere. The most quantity and best quality dust come from Atlas, and Atlas just told the constantly at war other kingdoms to go fuck themselves.

I mean, if that doesn't force the other kingdoms into some kind of alliance against Atlas I'd be amazed. How to get yourself fucked on the balance of power scale 101: by Ironwood.

>interesting side fluff
Eh, let's see. They have been doing alot better on the episode to episode continuity this time, with the airship showing up in this episode being very well done.

Trolling

The only part that came of as really bad to me was the part with the butler. It was kind of sweet/amusing at first, but it went on way too long, started to get weird

/RWBY/ is back?!

New mojo

Is mojo colourblind?

Is it just me, or does nearly every older male that Weiss interacts with have mustaches?

Wow get a load of this shit fucking taste

For like a week at this point man

Where have you been

>penny
CONFIRMED

The series really has taken a turn for the better in most respects with this season.

The story is still pretty hammy but it is enjoyable at least.

Working... a lot...

>Weiss' father has a moustache
>Is the supreme authority of her household
>Weiss subconsciously associates moustaches with power and status
>She immediately turns to professor Port as the faculty member she confides in and talks to.
>She warms up to him because despite her subconscious associations, he's a nice, friendly man, which makes him appear more paternal to her.
>YFW moustache'd villain is going to appear as a friendly mentor to Weiss, take advantage of her daddy issues and try and turn her evil.

so is this an rt site only thing since they havn't added the first episode to youtube yet

Seriously the lack of bgm was really awkward. If they were trying to do something they failed. Also the voices are still very inconsistent. The volume of the RNJR scenes and Weiss scenes were at different levels.

It's on YouTube right now

The question is:
How M&K will fuck it up?
That or Is this bait?

>he is modeled after Zorro

what if you saw weiss at the store buying ruby treats

oh no...

Oh yes!

Weiss no!

Resisting the Urge to do things you shouldn't do with faunus.

Don't worry Jaune I will protect you!

oh no you don't

Paladin Jaune when?

Why is she blushing so much?

Does she have a vibrator stuck on her snatch while walking or something?

My love for Jaune will keep him safe!

No

It's in her butt

Which one would you chose, Bellamomma or Mrs. Schnee

No

its in her womb

>Vibrating panties

should I even bother with Halloween this year

hello weissfriend

Give her a big smug smile.

I dont think it would matter if they did try to declare war on atlas.

Atlas has the standing army and the largest stockpile of the most important resource.

It would be like trying to fight a war with no oil

I am now his armor, his sword, and his shield I am with him always. To protect him is my duty and my duty will never cease no matter my state.

Bellamomma seems more interesting given how the dad is fucking titanic.

Why not both

Hey, its good to be back pennyfriend.

Fuck off

Reading the last thread, it's weird because people who don't like Jaune as a character often claim he's THE main character and has the most important scenes due to his storyline of growth when the other characters all have their own storylines (that are equally as important and most likely more) happening at the same time

His storyline is just one out of many which they're trying to interweave alongside team RWBY's + RWBYverse. The same went for Pyrrha and now it looks like Ren/Nora are getting in on the action too. Makes sense with JNPR being the secondary team. All while Salem, Ozpin, Qrow etc are doing their storylines too

I think it's because people are so used to stories having a character like him as THE MC that they think he's the MC here too when it's an ensemble cast (Ruby being the special character which the main plot will ultimately revolve around in the end). Or maybe people think audience surrogate is automatically main character

I didn't think Jaune's scenes were any more important than Ren and Nora's foreshadowing scenes or Weiss' scenes setting up her family issues. They were all scenes of characters in one big story playing out.

If I had to say, the "more important" scene we recently got was Salem's who seems to be the main plot + whatever scene the bad guys get with regards to Ruby/maidens/Ozpin. Really though, it's all concurrent storylines playing out. Getting too concerned on which scenes are more important or not seems contrary to building an organic fictional world.

Which is one thing that bothers me about most fictional stories coming from japan like light novels The world and every character of their story is usually centered on one person, the MC who is the most important at all time so their world feels so fake because of it

Whether Jaune will become the super special MC that the world revolves around in the future, I don't know. But for now, he's not. He's just the audience surrogate going through his own character story.

>That feel when your waifu shows up in your country but you are too broke to go and meet her.

>Pyrrha left Jaune training videos
It's like even she knew she was gonna die first.

>implying

>that feel when you did meet her

Man that queue to see her was fucking ridiculous. Started at 3, had to queue at 1:30 to be in with a shot, ended up getting a signature at like 4:10.

They were probably made for the days she was too busy to train him, so that he had some form of instruction to train on his own.

You guys think M&K are going to write Salem as an equalizer of some sort?

By that I mean Salem's justification for wiping out all humans is because they make evil and hate in the world and she's curing Remnant?

>Jaune is the audience surrogate.
He was used that way literally once and everyone else was used in that manner at least once.

I mean, with her gettup she doesn't scream 'shade of grey'

Maybe it's like a Gurren Lagann thing where if the human population gets too high, something bad happens, so she's playing the Lord Genome role of keeping their numbers below a certain threshold.