Ex just put a restraining order on me

For calling her name's and saying I would hurt the dudes she had send me threats if they touched me.

Nothing I could do, wasn't asked my side or anything, not to mention I live 2000 miles away. What are my options?

My future plans were to finish my bachelor's and go teach for a few years in Japan. Does this ruin that? Who would have access to this information?

Not sure what to do from here and the officer I spoke to was beyond clueless.

Can you bump on Sup Forums?

Pretty worried, guys.

hire an assassin

Leaf, pls.

It wont hurt you unless you contact her dude.

She's doing you a favor.

She also cannot violate it. If she contacts you, you could have her arrested.

If you do violate it and she calls the cops you could potentially earn yourself a warrant in which ever state she resides in.

If you threaten her they could probably get you for that your in your state.

Seriously? Didn't realize it went both ways. So no outside entity can have access to this information? She is in the state of Minnesota for what its worth.

Really just want rock solid clarity cause my education and job future are the only thing I have in life.

Its a civil case until you violate it I believe. May be wrong on that, but either way, if you dont violate it it wont be on your record.

Its a court order. Judges dont like when you violate their orders.

Don't contact her. Ever.
Why us this a problem if she's your ex and you don't even live in the same state

It's not a problem if that's all I need to do. I'm fully willing and wanting to have this person gone fromy life. I want to wash my hands of this, just don't want any lingering repercussions.

>Leaf: hire an assassin

How did she get this so fast though? This all happened in like a day. Do these judges not care about facts?

Im not gonna bump this crying in your beer shit any longer

You can file for emergency orders of protection.

Dude just google it. Whats the problem. Or take shit shit to /adv/

sage

If you live 2000 miles away sho did she get to serve you the papers. Also don't worry because she could only file a temporary restraining order which only lasts 10 days. If she got them to file a permanent restraining order against you congratulations because you just got free money because they broke the law

I'm a copfag. Just don't contact her and you'll be fine. Block her numbers, social media etc. I can only share how I handle the situation. Unless I physically see you next to her, I'm not doing anything about it.

Leo here. Def do not contact her whatsoever. Likewise If you have the evidence go to your local domestic court and file one on her and her contacts as well. Long as you have paper on her and she violates the remedies which are whatever stipulations are on that order then she gets locked up. Oop are criminal in nature and not to be played with. Don't pull a dumbestic charge on yourself op and good luck.

More details? I've not been served any orders. I only got a call from a Sgt who kept repeating he doesn't know what a protective order means and to just leave her alone. Haven't seen any papers or documents. Seems real gay

No one is crying. Just not knowledgeable in this area. I'll sage you back.

It the other user said this already goes both ways, so what's the point of filing for my own order? Also I don't care to get her in trouble, I just want to move on - are there any reasons to file against her other than that? Thanks

As someone with a similar situation. Hire a lawyer if you can you won't get one to defend you. Contest the shit out of it and schedule an appearance before a judge. If you lose you lose

>you haven't been handed any papers
Congrats I guess user because you don't have a restraining order against you by law. Even if she does have an actual restraining order against you it isn't legally binding until a qualified faggot gives you papers with documentation you actually received them. Again if you were to walk up to her and start flipping her off and get arrested because this "order" you get free monies because they fucked up hard. But don't worry it kinda sounds like she just had one of her friends pretend to be a cop to scare you. Did you by chance get the sgts name and contact info when you talked to him?

Yeah his voicemail is that of a cop. That was my first thought too, but I'm pretty sure after speaking with him he's a real officer. This just happened yesterday so surely the papers are still to come?

question from relative of german copfags to american copfag.
are most cops in the USA in general also more rightwing and center-right?
Because here there is not one cop who is anywhere left off center.

Why do I need a lawyer? If it won't affect my future and it's only ten days then why do I need to lawyer up? Seems like a waste of time and money

i got a RO agaisnt a guy with my ex a year back in IL, they ask why you need it, imminent danger. within the week you'll talk to a judge and they ask the same thing. A woman can pretty much get one instantly. either way its probably a temporary one, a month - 3 mo, and she will have to go to the judge again when it expires and if she feels she is still in danger

Do you have to pay in advance for a lawyer in the USA? Even if the lawyer hasn't acted on anything?
In Germany you meet the lawyer, tell him what's up and for what he should stay ready, and when nothing happens, you also pay nothing.

>For calling her name's and saying I would hurt the dudes she had send me threats if they touched me
elaborate. because it sounds like you sperged out and said you would beat up her boyfriends. now if you did that, you deserve a restraining order. if you mean she threatened to send people your way to hurt you, you can just pull a restraining order on her or report it to the police

Dont worry about it man.. in aus the bogan girlshere get dvo's put up against the blokes all the time.. i got issued with one a while ago. Didnt even know the person..seriously.. didnt affect me in anyway.. i work in the goldmines and you have to have a squeaky clean police record.. still got the job no probs..
Its just bullshit.. live your life user.. forget this bitch.. delete anything and everything you have of her.

>Anyway, the takeaway I think is (1) the TRO should be wiped off your criminal record once it expires so it should not prevent you from getting employment. If someone asks if you have a criminal record, you can answer no truthfully; (2) people will likely be able to find out that a TRO was filed against you because it will be public record, but they should also realize that it was filed as part of a divorce by an ex-wife. Because people will be able to find out about it, I would prepare an explanation of some kind to offer when it comes up.

So it gets wiped from my criminal record but is still public information? What the fuck? So it WILL possibly prevent me from achieving my future goals?

>just happened yesterday
Yeah then you very likely could get served with papers. Don't worry about it if you do it's only temporary and should expire if you don't do anything stupid. If it's a permanent one which it won't be lawyer the fuck up

Called her names on the phone and through email. She had people call me names and threaten to assault me. Then she called my parents crying acting scared. Now she's acting scared to the cops.

I told her I would defend myself if any of her nerd friends touched me (via email), which she then told my mom that I threatened her and her friends.

See my green text above. That lawyer says it stays on public record even though it's wiped from criminal record.

It's a civil case, It'll be on your record like a speeding ticket. No employer gives a shit about civil shit and if they ask you just lie. Just say you had a bad breakup and the judge ordered restraining orders until all your assets could be divided, problem solved

okay then get a restraining order. i dont know why your first instinct wasnt to throw that shit right back in her face. go tell the police shes had people threaten you physically and verbally and maybe see if you can do some sort of defamation thing.

of course, it still sounds like you started it so im not inclined to believe your side of the story. you probably did a lot worse than that and earned that restraining order

Just worried that Japanese employers wouldn't take as kindly to a gaijin with that on his record. Any way to get it removed?

The only reason you're called to defend a restraining order (where I live) is if the court issuing it has reason to believe it will cause a disruption for you (person filed against) in being able to go about your regular business (work, commuting, living).

If you live 2000 miles away, none of that really applies, the order is mostly just that you cannot contact her or keep tabs on her.

Basically it's just a glorified warning to stop doing some behavior and hence doesn't require much evidence to prove. As long as you don't violate it, it really doesn't matter that it's there, no one is interested in it unless you're a public figure someone wants to shame.

Basically just immediately leave her the fuck alone, delete everything you have about her, move on with your life and you'll be gucci. If you can't do that, you're a fucking retard and enjoy escalating matters into actual legal troubles

>Talking to your ex

this, you done goofed op

But if you kill your girlfriend, she wins

Nah I literally just called her mean things. Really don't care to ruin her life, I just want mine.

No. Now go stalk other women

No, the only reason this will ever matter is if you have further reasons to interact with her (like divorce, custody, property)

There isn't a giant computer system keeping track of every miscellaneous problem you've gotten into. Most of it is just local filing systems and someone would need to know it exists to ever find it.

t. Someone with ASPD who gets in trouble a lot

So Japan will never know? All I need to know.

if you dont want to defend yourself then why did you make this fucking thread? out of the both of you, you have the most valid claim. shes threatening your safety and trying to ruin your reputation. since you live so far, the distance doesnt matter. get a restraining order so she can no longer speak to you or your family. grow some fucking balls. she obviously doesnt care about your life, so hers no longer matters

Seems real stupid and unnecessary. She did all this AFTER I apologized and told her I wouldn't be contacting her again. So idk, I assume it's spite.

No, not really. These kind of orders are routine and meant to protect people. You only need evidence when there are extenuating circumstances that would complicate the enforcement of the order

Hell, in my area it's so easy to get them, I've filed orders against people I don't like just to be a cunt and give them the legal middle finger

>saging your own thread

thanks for the hearty laugh

Nigga why? Don't do this OP, if a dog barks at you, you don't get in its face and bark back, unless you want to get bit

Generally beat cops are, desk cops and court cops can swing either way

Which court? I found its pretty easy to get court orders from cook county, the judges will usually grant them, as long ae you can prove it won't cause major interference with the person's life

When you have a business that involves dealing with shitheads, you start to realize how useful the court system is

Yeah it's public record, but so is a lot of shit about people that will only turn up if someone is actually looking for it

This isn't high school where you have one long continuous document that shows everything you've done

Think of itnlike your internet history, yeah, it's all probably saved somewhere, but not in a neat, organized fashion like on TV

This is 100% wrong. I recently got a domestic RO put on me by my soon to be ex-wife. She can co tact or taunt you all she wants. The only way to counter this (if she were to use her RO in a harassing manner) would to be to compile the evidence that constitutes harassment, and file for an EO against her. Also, most civil/domestic RO's don't appear on records (had mine searched by a buddy at city DA), or have ramifications other than the distance and contact stipulations. Also, law-student with a domestic RO here, ask me anything I guess...

It's a temporary RO until the hearing. Usually the hearing still occurs very quickly after you're served. If you're not present at the hearing, it will be granted automatically, regardless of lack of evidence or quality of evidence. Since she's so far away, I'm assuming she expects exactly that to happen.

>go teach for a few years in Japan
Sounds like you're going to have your hands full anyway mate. Forget about her. Embrace your new life as the center of a gaijin hunter haram.

You could always fuck off out of this board because this has nothing to do with politics, that would be a start. . .

Dying in a fire, there's another idea. . .

Killing yourself, that's an option. . .

It's a civil matter. No criminal record involved if you don't violate the order.

Forget she exists and move on with your life.

>go teach for a few years in Japan

you cant make this shit up

>This amount of edge
Go back to your Blacked thread cuck

Do yourself a favor too OP, set your inbox to auto delete her emails. Block her number. As an added precaution, add her name to your spam filter so she can't circumvent it.

No need to risk getting baited into talking to her, force the bitch to mail you it she wants contact

Depending on the state you could have legal ramifications set upon you if ou have an RO awarded in court against you. Some don't carry weight in other states. Some states order you to turn in your firearms and ammunition. It simply depends on where you are, where she is, and the laws concerning RO's in both states.

>This

My ex-wife didn't go as far to have a restraining order put on me, but everyone believes her stories no questions asked. You can't really avoid that.

Nope. YOu pay a retainer. That money could be used, or it could not. Depending on the Jewish was of the lawyer, it may be returned if not used, or it may not. I had a "cry-wolf" rape accusation and lost $8,000, because the bitch dropped the case after finding out I had lawyered up.

A restraining order has no power in another country. It's not even a legal document, really. All you need to do is keep a distance from her and you're dandy. It's not like parole.

Canadian hitmen: 3 eskimos who beat you to death with hockey sticks and put a bottle of maple syrup in your pocket.
Not to be fucked with man.

its not a criminal matter, therefore, its not 'on your criminal record' - nor do you have a restraining order UNTIL SUCH TIME as you have been legally served one - a 'sergeant on the phone' who replies 'idk' to everytning sounds more like a wind-up IMO (getting an actual RO would cost).

IF you did have one, AND insist on further harrassing the dumb slut, no matter how well deserved, THEN, it can get criminal. But otherwise, ignore her already.
>IANAL either, just afaik.

Thanks fellas. You are my family. Saving thread for future reference.

>For calling her name's and saying I would hurt the dudes she had send me threats if they touched me.

I can't figure out what you are trying to say. All my almonds are actived.

Cops have seen the underbelly of this world and had to rip off the barnacles with their bare hands, that's pretty much the ultimate redpill

Nothing but respect for the boys in blue as long as they don't try to nab kids for pot (most here dont, they have real crime to deal with)

>I've filed orders against people I don't like just to be a cunt and give them the legal middle finger
this sounds suspiciously jewy but its funny either way

your a jack ass and belong in jail

underatted

contact a lawyer, sage

I called her names. She had people threaten to harm me to which I responded saying I would defend myself and hurt them if they touched me.