Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM
youtube.com/watch?v=rJo6mQ8uMy8
youtube.com/watch?v=DmyFzEeXhL4
youtube.com/watch?v=IGUboLZx3Tk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jumping man

Repostan:

The jumping man/bug is Judy's familiar and representative since she's "trapped" in the outside space.
She can also likely "ride" him like BOB is "riding" Mr C.
And just like BOB inhabited Leland, the jumping man (and by extension Judy) can inhabit Sarah as their chosen vessel.

Another disturbing facet of this is that the young person that was supposed to be BOB's original host was a childhood boyfriend of young Sarah, so Judy fucking extracted a motherload of garmonbozia from this entire situation.

im so fucking depressed fellas

That's just a theory. I don't buy it. He looks nothing like Silva. Also Ep. 8 shows that BOB was born fully grown.

>pete goes fishing instead of having to report laura's dead body
;_;

what year is this?

Am I the only one who thinks the "new timeline" is a Lodge trick?

When Coop asks "What year is this?" nu-Laura doesn't seem to know, either. All the events are odd and dreamlike in a way the everyday Twin Peaks character interactions weren't.

Compare the entire "real world" sequence of where Coop ended up with the discovery of the corpse by random cops in the first episode, for example.

Coop also ended up there through fear and suffering, by mutually agony-fucking Diane.

Friendly reminder that Vedderposters were right
Listen youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM

Chet is lost just like Coop.

>Also Ep. 8 shows that BOB was born fully grown.

Lynch uses overlaid faces as symbols all the time, user. Freddie probably didn't literally see Silva's snarling face in the orb thing he was fighting.

>Compare the entire "real world" sequence of where Coop ended up with the discovery of the corpse by random cops in the first episode, for example.

Also this.

>Freddie probably didn't literally see Silva's snarling face in the orb thing he was fighting.
Why not? There's no indication otherwise.

I'm 30

I remember the first 2 seasons as that show my mom and aunt watched but were pissed off due to weirdness and them not getting it. When it first got out they expected a new drama/soap opera.
They were fans of Dynasty.

I was a fan of weird movie art since I can remember. I can recall Blue Velvet as that weird ass movie where this severed ear was the main character. Heck, I even remember where I was sitting in my old house when I first saw it on TV. This was in 1990. or 1991 mind you.

For some reason I was always aware of lynch but never have i dwelled into his work.
I was a fan (and still am) of these two kikes, Kubrick and Jodorowsky. I consider 2001. the best piece of woke art that ever was or ever will be.
But like I said, I never found time for Lynch.

Until S3 was announced.
Due to busy life I haven't watched S1 and S2.

>Searched jewtube
>read threads
>read secret history
>watch S3.

I got everything that matters and will ever matter to the plot.

People who say that you have to

>start with the American pilot
>worship satan
>kill a cat
>S1
>S2
>FWWM
>missing pieces
>book
>S3
>take a dick in the ass
>final dossier

are fucking

LYNCHED

Holy fuck I just realized

>episode EIGHT
>Cooper goes to NUMBER 8 in the final episode

There's nothing but suffering and pure black lodge darkness in that episode. Cooper just went into a deeper part of the black lodge that he never went to before.

Threads have slowed down.

What was your favourite roadhouse scene /tpg/?

youtube.com/watch?v=rJo6mQ8uMy8

>she just wakes up in her bed
WRONG.

There's no indication it's so either, anymore than there was indication everyone saw Coop's face superimposed over their post-BOB death celebration

humor me.

why did Cooper and Diane travel to whatever reality they crossed over to at 430 miles? presumably, it was to kill two birds with one stone, but what is that? destroy Judy and save Laura? but wasn't Laura already saved at that point?

>Cooper creates a timeline where Laura doesn't die. when mom calls her name in the morning 1989, she just wakes up in her bed
>In the timeline that we observed the whole time, a new Cooper doppelganger goes on living in Las Vegas as Dougie. In this timeline, Judy is furious because there is now a reality in which Laura survives.
>When Cooper leaves the lodge to meet up with Diane, Laura is already saved in a different timeline

if his mission was to save Laura, he didn't have to travel through 430.

so his real mission is to find Laura as Leland told him because she is integral to destroying Judy.

I'm gonna make an argument that he needed to find Spirit Laura that is some kind of lodge inhabitant/angelic entity, at that point detached from the Laura that wakes up in 1989. Spirit Laura inhabits Carrie with no recollection of her past life in some pocket dimension ruled by/created by Judy. she is probably imprisoned there. at the very end, she finally remembers everything.

Cooper is looking confused the whole time because, in the meantime, he is trying to understand how that pocket dimension works/trying to figure out where Judy is.

that's the best I can do trying to explain this shit.

but why did he take Diane with him? her insertion into the story doesn't make sense, and even less so in the ending.

This is how you do a last episode

but we flat out see the opening of the pilot without the body. she's clearly alive at that point.

>Lynch has gone soft.
>Not where it matters, in directing.
>Throws Dale Cooper and Laura Palmer into deepest pit of Black Lodge in the finale

Poetry.

>read secret history

How come "blue rose" is the name of a drug boat in the Secret History? There are so many retcons in S3 for Frost's autism

How was a random set guy so amazing as a baddie

Alive, yes.
In her bed? No.
She took a ride to Odessa.

>Coop always accepts coffee
>Doppleganger always declines coffee
>Cooper at Judy's in the final episode neither accepts or declines coffee when offered

Makes you think...

I haven't seen anyone mention the fact Cooper told Gordon he was 'trying to kill two birds with one stone' BEFORE he disappeared after season 2. And he left a message telling them that if he disappears to try and find him? Makes even less sense that this is presumably the doppleganger Cooper

Looks more like a young Cooper than anything.

Some of the line delivery in Judy's dinner was straight mr.c

>tfw even if there is a season 4 it probably won't come out for at least a few years

COOP, I WANT YOU TO MEET RUTH "DAVENPORT", SHE WORKED WITH BILL ON THE BLUE ROSE CASE

youtube.com/watch?v=DmyFzEeXhL4

tfw see you in 25 more years

It's just generic commentary on duality of man, ying and yang, you can't be so puzzled by this, literally simplest most thing in the entire ep

>She took a ride to Odessa.
Are you saying that she literally ran away from home that night in 1989 and that Carrie is the real Laura? I think Carrie genuinely didn't know who she was and Odessa definitely didn't seem like a "real" world.

>Cooper at Judy's in the final episode neither accepts or declines coffee when offered
He's in her domain, it kinda makes sense that he would refuse to cooperate there in any way. It also reinforces the feeling that shit is hitting the fan.

What household appliance do you think copper will turn into in the motel?

>judyposters were right all along

Really make you think.

Carrie is Laura, just like Richard was Cooper.
Both needed a wake up call.

for Richard, sex.
for Carrie, the Palmer house.

The happy Cooper who appeared at the sheriff's station was the past Cooper, not the current Cooper---who has all the experiences of Dopplecooper embedded in his psyche. So the old, happy Cooper is cancelled out by the Dopplecoop part of him.

>Where did Cooper actually go? A Dream? Parallel timeline?
>What would having Carrie remembering she's Laura accomplish?
>Is this even part of the plan to get/meet/defeat Judy?
>Why is there a parallel timeline where Carrie exists anyways?

yeah but needing the wake up call implies that they are in a different reality/dimension

The last 20 minutes or so of episode 17 might be some of the best 20 minutes of the entire series.

I think I would have been satisfied if it just ended there without the Odessa epilogue.

Ep 8 also shows Laura being born fully grown.
hmm, maybe a face on an orb isn't a literal explanation of their birth.

>but why did he take Diane with him? her insertion into the story doesn't make sense, and even less so in the ending.

The scittering sound happens when 80's Laura gets sucked away. We see that same sucking-away-and-screaming thing happen directly in the Lodge to separate Laura from Cooper. So where Judy is keeping Carrie is most likely an evil Lodge dimension.

You enter the Black Lodge through fear and suffering. The pocket dimension created by Judy to cage golden-orb-Laura must be closed off to good spirits, so human Coop has to rescue Laura for the Giant. It's a dark place where he can't even speak.

They cross the threshold at "430", but it isn't until waking from the sex scene does Coop's personality change and he actually arrives in the motel he leaves to find Carrie.

So Diane's rape trauma leading to that sex being horrifying was actually integral.

That's my working explanation, anyway.

>the brunette in the black dress
hnng

>Carrie works in Judy's diner

>Coop is more like Mr. C in this world

Seems more and more like it's an evil Judy world.

>Twin Peaks: The Return
lol

hey that's pretty good. I'm perfectly happy with this as a head-canon.

youtube.com/watch?v=IGUboLZx3Tk
It hit my nostalgia bone too hard.

I honestly think she just stopped existing as Laura (the one) at that point. Which is why she's taken away when Coop is saving her.

So basically Twin Peaks still exists as we know it except for the Palmer family. Which is why their house is now owned by other people.

Doesn't really explain where Carrie came from. Maybe it's like the original body the Fireman used for Laura

Anyone who says anything other than sharp dressed man is a cuck who voted hillary.

This is wrong, Bob was scaring kid Leland near his parents' cabin.

I skipped every Roadhouse scene.

I won't lie, I had a couple tears when Cooper stands on the log reaching out to Laura.

Vedderchecked

You're forgetting the part where Laura gets taken by something else at the end of part 17.

Other than that I feel ya with your questions.

Cooper seemed off the moment he stepped out of the red room and met Diane in the woods.

>Cooper slips into Jowdays pocket dimension
>Makes the electricity (her life power) go out in her house.
>Credits
>Laura reveals to Cooper that by defeating Jowday the entire timeline will be altered and everything we've come to know and love about Twin Peaks and all of it's pawns including Cooper will become undone/rewritten into the fabric of the universe.
>"There's Some Fear in Letting Go"

Beautiful. Poetic. The long overdue swan song Twin Peaks always deserved.

Johnny did a good job this season.

Musically The Veils, probably.
Unfortunately marred by the insufferable Asian OCD actress from House MD sperging out on the floor.

Best sketch: "I have to ask you to stop smoking."

The Giant seems pretty set on having Coop retrieve Laura, even though she doesn't seem to be in direct "danger" anymore, so she must still have that good mojo in there somehow

Judy was on the verge of framing Carrie for shooting her husband and putting her in jail for safekeeping, rather than killing her again? Or maybe that suicide was general torment

The entire FWWM scene fused into season 3 with old Cooper was the best scene I've seen in years.

Pure beauty.

wat

Same, I don't particularly care for live music.

Judy feeds on pain and sorrow.
People give more p&s when they're alive.

I kinda wanna watch FWWM in black and white now desu

>timleine is rewritten
>only Gordon Cole will be the same
>the head of the FBI is no longer a tranny abomination

Lynch truly is a master of tying together loose ends.

So Laura doesn't wake up in her bed after all? She doesn't wash up on the shore because she isn't dead, but she isn't in her bed because she is snatched up by Judy and sent into her evil pocket dimension as Carrie? Is Carrie some kind of a mish-mash of a Spirit Laura that survives in the lodge after she dies (so she remembers all that happened to her), and Laura that gets saved by Cooper before she gets snatched away? That is the only way I can think of how she would (seemingly) come to remember everything at the end there.

I just assumed that the timeline was rewritten at that point and I didn't give it much thought beyond that. But what you and the guy I'm quoting above say makes a lot of sense.

>live music

They got tricked, the "husband" lady was talking to was her grandson -jumping man - Sarah. It really was Palmer's house.

In s2 Leland talks about meeting Bob (mr. Robertson) when he was a kid

I like live music, but outside of Julee's song they were all shit

Can somebody explain to me what the fuck happened at the end of episode 18? Coop timetraveled and is now either stuck in the future or the past?

Can someone explain FWWM in relation to S3 and it's importance to the series as a whole?

I would watch it, but mom says I'm up to late!
Thanks!

fuck off

We've had like 50 threads trying to piece it together, nobody is explaining shit.

EP18 it ten times more depressing and sad than The Road. In a positive way, of course, I haven't felt as moved by a show/film in forever.

>implying Coop won't find a way

wtf is that tiny red thing floating behind cooper?
is this a cursed image?

So everybody is as confused as I am, good to know. I thought there was an explanation for everything. But this ending means Lynch is open to continuing the story in another season, right?

I'm positive there is one real timeline which is the real reality. Which Coop changed.

and then Judy pulled Laura to black lodge hell.

Are there any torrents of the complete season yet? Haven't been able to find any.

>She doesn't wash up on the shore because she isn't dead, but she isn't in her bed because she is snatched up by Judy and sent into her evil pocket dimension as Carrie?

Yeah, I think so. The "old Laura" is in there somehow, and back in the other/"real" world she must have disappeared physically but left the "unofficial" timeline otherwise intact.

So Judy's reeeeing over Laura surviving actually kept the Cooper-comes-to-Twin-Peaks narrative intact.

I just watched it again it's truly the most depressing shit I've ever seen on television. It makes season 2 ending seem not so bad.

>when the kino hits you

What is it even going to be about, Mark?

>The Return
>Returns for fourteen minutes, then leaves

Before S3 was even announced I speculated that Cooper would develop lodge powers andctravel through time righting wrongs. I think what we saw in E17 and E18 was the beginning of this. He's fucking Sam Beckett, with black & white Lurch and MIKE guiding him instead of Al

IT WAS ALL A DREAM LMAO

>and back in the other/"real" world she must have disappeared physically but left the "unofficial" timeline otherwise intact.

Which would be why we see empty plastic, instead of nothing washing up.

Mike is not on Coop's side.
At best we can say the Giant and teapot-David Bowie are.

>eztv.it

does anyone have the trent reznor version of this?

Is Jowday YHVH?

Daily reminder that the reason Cooper was acting weird (i.e. a mixture of Good Coop and Bad Coop) in the finale was because the original Cooper was the one that went back to live as Dougie Jones, and it was the doppelganger manufactured by Mike that went in search of Laura Palmer.

>final

Season 4 fags BTFO

Laura gets pulled away similarly to how she got pulled away in the episode where she meets Cooper in the Black Lodge as her old self.