/tpg/ post your observations

the arm pretty much planned out the entire trip of Richard and Linda.

it was probably his doppelganger

Was getting caught part of her plan?

caught with what exactly?
drugs, prostitution?

*crackle* *crackle*
>Dale looks back
The fuck?

I remember, the arm - it said to look out for that sound. ALl part of the plan??? WHY NOT just say,
>"Dale, you better fucking spring, or MOM will steal Laura into a nightmare/pocket-dimension, which you will be able to know has happened when she disappears and you hear this sound"

He didn't jump so good.

maybe The Giant lured them into digging even deeper to reach Judy and banish her or at least push her back and stop her from attacking White Lodge / Laura / all good forces

why does jumping man have Sarahs face?

Anons, help with this goth girl please. THe sex is great, but she keeps trying to use my face as a ouija board and sometimes it almost makes me choke.

But seriously, does she do this because:
>A) She has been trapped in the Mauve Zone for so long, having to rely mostly on touch, that she can't help but want to feel his face during ecstasy.
>B) Reminds her of the rape (I don't think it's this one).
>C) Other/autism

Wasn't it more of a sound like teeth grinding? Almost like a hard, wet squeaking.

D) It's not Diane, it's Linda, and she realizes it's not Richard, it's Dale, and she can't bear to look at him.

That's a tough one. I think the lines are blurring.

>Diane somehow remembers the rape or has a foreshadowing
>Cooper is part good Dale and Mr. C
>They still took the identities of Richard and Linda
>Diane is overwhelmed by the new identity and bolts off
>Cooper proceeds as "Richard" to find Laura

There's already a thread and you didn't even make the subject or previous right.

and also

They just head on to get a room, leave lights off and immediately start fucking ... ???
>"love opens the gate"

you fucking dumbass, read the first post.
I'm fucking asking for OWN observations, not your fucking Vedderposting, copy-pasta, "oh mr. Jeffries!" shit

Brah the shit been coming out of his as in that kettle and now it's slippery in there FACT

That might just be true
#Lynch humor

/tpg/ is the most cancerous general in the history of this board. You can't discuss anything there.

Did Judy make an appearance at any time throughout the 18 episodes? Why was Bad Coop looking for her at all? Shouldn't he have just been happy to escape the lodge?

Then don't tag tpg, which literally is an abbreviation for the "general".

i give you that

unfunny Vedder shit all over this shithouse

My guess is that Judy is the creature (experiment / mother) in the glass box, the one vomitting a shitload of garmonbozia. Notice also that in that vomitting scene, the arm "bends back" (Laura's line)

I suspect it is also the creature that knocks on the door before Cooper is sucked out through the wall socket.

I don't think you have to suspect who was obviously doing the knocking.

Coop got Jeffries'd, lads.

>says he "was at a meeting of them"
>they "sat quietly for hours and hours"
>reappears on a staircase
>convenience store is entered through staircase

either well planned from the start, or gaps nicely filled afterwards.

BOB put Diane in the lodge and makes a tulpa of her to act his servant, Judy was keeping Diane trapped in the lodge, BOB and Mr C were trying to get to Judy hence the card and the glass box, they go to the coordinates to where Diane was supposed to escape the lodge, but Cooper grabs Diane and goes with her to Judy's world to save Laura after he fails to pull her out of 1989.

I feel like we are missing an important piece in all this.

>But when it came time to end Twin Peaks, Lynch and Frost chose to circle back to Laura Palmer in the most devastating of possible ways. Some fans have speculated that most of Twin Peaks is Laura Palmer’s dream – either a death dream, à la Diane Selwyn’s own in Mulholland Drive, or a fantasy world she created for herself in desperation for an alternate reality, where people actually care about her pain. She dreams her death has so much cosmic significance that it not only spurs an entire town into a fit of grief and ropes in a special FBI task force dedicated to unraveling otherworldly enigmas, but that it sends ripples through the very fabric of our reality and into the next. She dreams that the origin of her suffering must be the product of something extraterrestrial, born of mankind’s evils, that she’s died for the sins of humanity as a part of some supernatural, pre-determined plan, and that her mother’s helpless neglect of the situation can be explained away by a demonic possession even greater than that of her father’s – as though these ideas were easier to process than the reality of her own abuse. When she envisions what life might be like for her as an adult, she confronts an unrecognizable shell of a woman that perhaps seems less appealing than the fantasy of her own death, a realization that sends her into an existential panic when brought face-to-face with the home that has been her personal hell for most of her life. When (if) she wakes up, she will still be trapped.

if i pull that off will you die?

My family, my friend, I have criss-crossed this great land of our countless times. I hold a map of it here, in my heart next to the joyful memories of the carefree days I spent as a young boy here in your beautiful town of Twin Peaks.

From Alexandria, Virginia to Stockton, California. I think about Lewis and his friend Clark, the first Caucasians to see this part of the world; their footsteps have been the highways and byways of my days on the road. My shadow is always with me, sometimes ahead, sometimes behind, sometimes to the left or sometimes to the right.

Except on cloudy days or at night.

cringe

What if Diane is also Judy?

copy-pasta?
anyways, when you consider Lynch saying that daydreams are way more interesting than dreams at night, he would probably not let all this be simply "excused" as a very elaborate dream of Laura. It would be insanely elaborate, if that was the case. And dreams aren't that complicated and complex. they can be very complex, but not so much that you actually dream up entire worlds and dozens of complex characters and what happens to them.
again the main argument being that Lynch doesn't resort to night dreams for ideas and doesn't think they are particularly helpful.

interesting, but when and why did BOB put her in the Lodge? As of now, it's totally unclear when Diane was put in the lodge and I can't see any hint at all. Cooper met her blind form in the large room with the amphitheatre-like couch. ???

that seemed a lot like another odd character plotline that just dies off after it is on screen.

Than who was phone?-- uhm, Sarah?

Jao de - the scream
>Laura has prominent screams throughout all of Twin Peaks
>Sarah screams weirdly in agony after Laura is saved by Coop
>actually, a lot of characters scream
???

WHO IS JUDY???

had the worst sleep of my life last night after watching the last two episodes. Kept having surreal as fuck experiences and m'lady was doing weird shit such as reaching out like the Asian lady.

Why did Laura scream when she teleported away from Coop in the woods? That didn't seem negative. I think it's just something she does. Still on the fence about the ending

I think dreams and metaphors are interchangeable, a lot of people chose to interpret it as a dream right now, when it may very well be a story told with metaphors.

Fire Walk With Me touched on that, it made Bob more metaphorical and less of an actual evil entity.

You're lucky you saw the ending in one go
This monday morning, the stream broke down on me and I missed the last fifteen minutes.
Imagine my fucked up sleep that night!

Laura was sucked away much like in the Lodge when she whispered to Coop.
Diane was sucked away after she got shot - as a Tulpa. ...
???

again, so many riddles
Was the Laura that got saved already a Tulpa? A trap for Coops time travelling?

true, but I doubt that truly everything turns out to be a dream. Jeffries and Coop both say "we live inside a dream", but other than that, dreams in the series always hint at singular events
"I was worried about today, because of the dream I had"

ok now I don't know what to think about it anymore

Diane was put in the lodge in between seasons, her Tulpa remembers Booper taking her into the convenience store after he raped her. We see Diane in the mauve room frightened of mother getting to her.

Which is why I feel she might house part of Judy and Sarah houses another part. If Sarah was the girl in the 50s then she's had Judy in her the whole time and we see Judy is still in the lodge in the first few episodes if season 3, so I think only part of Judy is manipulating Sarah.

So will Gordon still remember everything? Is that what Jeffries meant?

>taking her into the convenience store after he raped her.
spot on! I forgot about that. There ya go then ...

>might house part of Judy
not sure why you think that
I think she was blinded and muted (maybe also deaf) by DoppelCoop, so she wouldn't be able to talk to Cooper and tell him what has happened. Then bad Coop made a Tulpa and sent her out.

> If Sarah was the girl in the 50s
but the girl has dark hair and very different face and accent.

Judy produced BOB with an outburst of a shitload of garmonbozia.

The Jumping Man wears Sarahs face and can be seen in S3:
- when the woodsman hits the switch
- when Cooper walks up the stairs with Mike (Jumping Man runs down the stairs)

Sarah takes off her face "do you really want to fuck with this?" and we see a huge b/w smile and a left hand with an injured, dark ring finger - the one where you would put on the ring to send someone back ... ???

the more I think about all this, the less I understand it.

Didn't he tell Coop to "remember"?

the horse pretty much planned out the entire trip of Richard and Linda!

it was probably his doppelganger!!

nononono mrs chalfont pretty much planned out the entire trip of Richard and Linda!

it was probably her doppelganger (mrs tremond)!!

delet this.

Is /tpg/ officially dead now?

>t. came to shit up the board after the finale and never actually browsed here often

Yes, the ending was terrible and I wish I could unwatch The Return. Basically the lesson here is, never EVER bring back a dead series.

Post yfw Cooper led Laura Palmer through the woods to apparent safety to Laura's Theme

The most important thing I observed in the finale is that Sheryl Lee is still a major QT 25 years later

For you coffe-fags there is episode 17. This is plebs' finale. There's also second finale for kino lovers.

so I watched ep15 live like 2 weeks ago has there not been a new episode yet?

what did she mean by this?

ACTING

>he doesn't know

>mfw

garmonbozia. not even ONCE.

She wants the Special Agent dick

It would be cute if she was 27 years younger.

>I think he does.

Oh shut up faggot. You know how David Lynch is, why the fuck would you expect a clear cut ending

>twin peaks goes from lynch's most straightforward work
>to his most confusing
B R A V O D A V I D

Is it the story of the little girl who lived down the lane?

what year is it?

straight story was literally his straightest story, user

yeah forget about that, and elephant man

you get the point i was making tho

>Cooper wakes up Laura
wake her up to a life of rape, prostitution and drug abuse? how will this defeat Judy?

1. The place beyond mile 430 = Black Lodge. The world, where all the doubles reside.
2. Our world (as depicted in ep 18) to TP world is, actually, a Black Lodge.
3. White Lodge is a world of classic kino.
4. Cooper's "twin" name is Richard. E. i. "Evil Coop'. That's why he's being addressed as Richard when arrives at BL.
5. Laura Palmer is dead but yet alive. She is trapped for 25 years in the BL as Carrie Page.
6. As Hawk said, one must cross the Black Lodge to access the White Lodge, this is a spiritual journey.
7. The real ending for Laura is shown in FWWM: she finally ascendes.

rate me

wrong use of superlatives then...

still, TP was never his most straightforward work anyhow. The international Pilot was already a mindfuck par excellance.
You mean, Frost's contributions made it the most straightforward thing possible.

It doesn't have to be clear cut. Season 2's finale is one of the best things I've ever seen on television, it was a massive cliffhanger.

Season 3's ending is just empty.

Episode 17 was even worse than 18, 17 went full capeshit.

So, did Coop saving Laura from BOB cause the multiple timelines we see in The Secret History of Twin Peaks? Or are the inconsistencies due to Judy's dreamworlds? Or are they related to Audrey and her world (seen in S03 with the diner and the customers changing after the man opens the door asking for Billy)? Is Audrey's world related to either Coop's action in 1989 or Judy's dreams? Or is it simply a coma? Is Audrey the dreamer?

And how did Booper knock up Audrey?

He pulled her off the path of suffering by being killed by Leland/BOB

4. ?? when do they call him "Richard" in the black lodge?
1. but the doubles seem to roam around wherever they want, real world, red room ...
5. then she would also have looked like Carrie Page in the black lodge, wouldn't she?
7. but she doesn't ascend, she rather let's her friend be saved by the angel

can't really rate that desu

I thought that the ending in 18 was actually powerful in that it completely undid your feeling of closure and expectations you had in a conclusive ending and even the things you almost took for granted already ... Laura being saved, Mr. C and BOB being killed, Judy being banished etc.

So what the fuck was the point of Mr. Amp

Black Lodge is the place beyond the 430 miles point, which we see only in ep. 18.
Red Room is "another place", a chamber between worlds. It is not the Black Lodge.

>when do they call him "Richard" in the black lodge?
In the note Linda left.

Season 2 finale was indeed a cliffhanger, but it was pretty straight foward. Season 3 finale is ambiguous

>He pulled her off the path of suffering by being killed by Leland/BOB
Laura HAD to die by Bob to destroy Judy? how is her death going help and how exactly? I guess Laura "ascends" to a superior being but then what?

please explain user yes I am retarded

To shovel your way out of the shit, of course.

If Dale saved Laura from being murdered and therefore changed time, then why are so many things (Doppelganger burning in the Lodge, New Dougie created and given to Janey-E and Sonny Jim, Dale reliving the Lodge events of part 2, regular non deformed Diane waiting outside) the same? That's a remarkable amount of things that happened the same way considering the start off point to the series. I've yet to see this explained, even adequately.

fan service and padding

But that isn't the Black Lodge. The next day, Cooper drives away to find "Judy's diner"

interesting, but how are you sure about this? We know the Major has been to the White Lodge and there is a shot of him sitting on a throne. The black and white places where the Giant dwells seem to be the White Lodge, too, including the sea with the house where Naido is found.

come to think of it, does the Giant fiddle around with Jeffries body in E8, where the music plays?

No, everything is wrong.
Red Room is not the Black Lodge, it is a waiting chamber between worlds.
Black Lodge is OUR world.
Coop didn't save Laura. He had goog intentions though.
Douglas Johnes is the name agent Cooper took after having solved the Blue Rose case in 1997 and retired from FBI.

>people still trying to make "sense" of this with their "theories"

Just accept it, that's like trying to understand a painting by Dali or Magritte, or trying make sense out of a piece of music.

We got to see emotionally satisfying resolutions to all the most important story arcs in the show. Dougie returning to his family. BOB being fucking FALCON PAWNCHED into pieces by some british kid wearing a gardening glove. Cooper going back in time to prevent Laura's death.

Who cares if none of it was real or didn't actually happen. It's fiction, of course it isn't real. We still got to see it.

The Judy's diner IS real, it exists in Odessa, Texas. Lynch also hints that our world is the BL by placing real world owners of the Palmers' house to go by the name of Chalfonts/Tremonds.

The house she lives in the alternate reality/dream looks a lot like the house they visited where Hastings saw Major Briggs before his death in Episode 11.

I would have rather had an ancient alien land on earth and spell everything out than this shitshow we got as a finale. Literally watching people do nothing driving a car, fuck off lynch

Dreams are part of the reality of Twin Peaks universe. There's no time travel or parallel dimensions, just people in a "lucid dream" state with the power of shaping said dream (Laura, Cooper, Judy and the Lodge entities). The people as a collective are the dreamers. Cooper travels to the boundaries of the dream with Diane to regain control of reality, but Judy somehow reshapes the entire dream.

>What year is this?

This shattered their grasp on reality. Laura screams in dispair because she notices that she's a lucid dreamer in Judy's nightmare.

I had a seizure some years ago and while it happened, i "dreamed" about 5 years of my life playing in what felt like real time but also feeling slightly cold and abit numb for most of that time, the world was also somewhat desaturated of color, and although something felt off, I never realized what was happening until I regained consciousness.
I also regularly change "characters" of who I am in my dreams, so I think Twin peaks being a dream entirely is perfectly plausible.

This

Cooper went back in time -> prevented OG series mystery from happening -> therefore TP universe does not exist anymore.

>Laura HAD to die by Bob to destroy Judy? how is her death going help and how exactly? I guess Laura "ascends" to a superior being but then what?

we know that the rings collect people and draw them into the Red Room. Cooper, for some reason, knew that BOB would kill her, if she took the ring, out of anger. He did want to "taste through her mouth", meaning he wanted to posses her. So, that doesn't mean BOB wants to destroy Judy. And her death was a compromise, either be possessed by BOB or be caged in the Red Room indefinitely.

interesting up until:
>Coop didn't save Laura. He had goog intentions though.
>Douglas Johnes is the name agent Cooper took after having solved the Blue Rose case in 1997 and retired from FBI.
kek, not really buying that.

I can agree with that

Not sure if this is consistent with how the BL was described in S2 and FWWM. It is an otherwordly place in my opinion.
I tend to believe that place where the Giant is, is the White Lodge. They are in a controll room and as soon as Mr. C enters it, he is caged and being ported to the Sheriffs Dep. to fulfill his destiny.

These are not "teories". I have a clear undestanding of the season finale. I want to share it with you, it is 100% correct.

What year is THIS?

Please stop misquoting it

kinda, but Laura's house is white and larger. that's just a type of house you'd find everywhere.

It could be the alternate reality version set up by the black lodge spirits. Remember Gordon sees the woodsmen on the staircase of the house.

What was the point of...

Richard Horne
The magic coin guy
Audrey
Tammy
The weird illness going around
Jerry Horne
Shelly and her kid

These characters didn't do anything. Honestly, most of season 3 is just pointless filler like people complain about in season 2.

>trying to make up theories before the final dossier drops
you know you're just going to have to start again

>kek, not really buying that.
What other choices do you have? There's no possible explanations. In Lynch works there's no place for magic and sci-fi, so leave that "tulpa" thing out.

Douglas Johnes appears in police record in 1997. The policemen think he's a participant of witness protection program. Almost: he's a former FBI agent. Easy.

I know, you kinda lose track of time and space. I've passed out one time as well due to shock.

But still, I think that "all a dream" schtick is pretty lame. It's been done before and is really a lame deus ex machina kind of way to wrap up a confusing story. And there's no real hint to anyone waking up. The Palmer house seems to be influenced by other forces and the fact that the owners share the same name as in FWWM also is a give-away that there's something else going on, not to mention Sarah yelling her name.

so what happens to Judy at the end? Does angel Laura vanish it?

Not that user but I think you should tell everyone then because I haven't read any two similar theories.

Dale is too good for this world and Laura is an unwitting victim. Their lives are intertwined beyond life and death (If you will). That's what I got out of the finale, the mechanics don't interest me nearly as much as that.

No, there's no place for sci fi bullshit in Lynch movies. This is a bleak reality of our own.

Frost books are canon, but they are Mark's version of the TP universe. You don't need them to give sense to the 3 seasons. They are only mandatory if you're really into the lore.

they were filler, red herrings and dreams

yeah, but that means he would've been ported there, no?

>sci fi bullshit

you just witnessed non-linear time travel, space and interdimensional aliens, lmao

>Richard Horne
Somehow ties to Booper and the overall mystery
>The magic coin guy
Forgot who this is
>Audrey
Definitely ties to the overall mystery, I don't know how though
>Tammy
Mostly eye candy, but she fits in regarding the books
>The weird illness going around
Forgot what this is too
>Jerry Horne
Filler