If you were in charge of writing Spider-Man, how would you handle killing off the character for good?

If you were in charge of writing Spider-Man, how would you handle killing off the character for good?
You're allowed to modify his backstory as far back as you need for the sake of this question.

Venom goes crazy and eats him. The symbiote escapes, infects a random host that works for PI, gets close to Peter because it doesn't trigger his senses, and it fucking eats him in half.

Huh... Smart, I suppose.

aids

He dies of a virulent Staph infection

Killing off a A lister cash cow hero for good is such a absurd idea I can't even think of a answer

It'd be really fitting for him to have a meaningless death. No super villains, no giving his life to save a loved one, just some dude out to get him. It'd be even more ironic if the killer is out for Peter Parker and not Spider-man.

I was just about to post this when I realised that that's how he died in SM/DP

He gets old and dies.

He dies of old age, surrounded by the ones he loves. Having successfully trained up a new generation of superheroes who will carry on his legacy and keep the city safe.

Dies peacefully in his sleep at the age of 110

also, dysentry

Something simple and honest. Peter chooses to die. Perhaps the Goblin has set up a trap and Pete's too late to see it coming, it's Pete or a bunch of civillians/MJ. Peter is at peace with it all and he dies, we see him sat on the Washington Bridge with Gwen looking at the Sunset, Uncle Ben, Captain Stacey and all the others are there. It's not bitter, grim or anything of a sort. Peter does the right thing. It's how all Heroes should die, and Spiderman more than any other.

He dies undergoing Gender Reassignment surgery

GIVE THIS MAN ALL THE AWARDS

killed by his son spido ren

During a cosmic event, Spider-man sacrifices himself to save the universe and is thrown into an abyss at the edge of time never to be seen again.

He then wakes up in a world where everyone has Spider-Man powers and always has where he reflects on what he can do with his life.

In the end, he decides to still be a hero, because it was never the power that made Peter a hero, but Peter.

END

Fighting a ton of his rogues gallery and barely coming out on top.

Gives his great responsibility speech to Miles before dying.

So, basically, Ultimate Spider-man's death, featuring a speech for Miles?

Heroic death, with an inner speech of responsibility, that makes you think about how useless are those ideals or makes you wonder if that was the higher demonstration of responsibility.

Many attemps tried this, but everyone fucked it.

P.S.: In Bendis terms, Spider Gwen take his roles in the Avengers and the X men.

Either this or these

Basically USM Peter's death.
That may have been the last good story Bendis ever wrote.