What does Sup Forums think of the 'three flavours cornetto trilogy'?

what does Sup Forums think of the 'three flavours cornetto trilogy'?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollars_Trilogy
youtube.com/watch?v=l9LOKUiY0Dg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One of the most reddit movie trilogy names I've ever heard - especially when the third film isn't even that different and there's no Bond cameo in Shaun

Man with No Name Trilogy is still the best trilogy name

i watched hot fuzz. i laughed 1 time. 1 fucking time

started with Shaun of the Dead, complete waste of time, haven't touched the other two

I laughed multiple times
suck my cock

3 is straight up rubbish
Love 1
like 2, it's the best of the trilogy

I only open these threads to check whether the big mama's house bait pasta has laready been posted

Worlds End > Shaun > Fuzz

The World's End is one of the most underrated films of the past decade

The person who made that image should be hung

The first two I really liked but I was a teenager. The third I didn't even realize was directed by him, felt more like a judd apatow & pals movie because of the casting. It was a forgettable comedy.

>Love the first movie
>Haven't seen the second one in years, need to rewatch
>Third one hit a little close to home, so I was more uncomfortable than amused

shaun of the dead is, in my opinion, one of the greatest comedies ever made. hot fuzz is very clever and has a lot of heart, sacrificing the comedic elements for a more engaging narrative. haven't world's end but i can't imagine edgar wright making a bad movie yet.

>Third one hit a little close to home
Which part

>Three unrelated flicks are considered a trilogy just because the director said so.
Fuck this shit. It's not a trilogy.

The World's End is unironically the best one. It's not the funniest, but it's the best movie.

I agree with this. It's the ultimate pleb filter.

IT NEVER GOT BETTER THAN THAT NIGHT

This
user, are you me?
I always thought that Shaun was the best genre homage of all three
Hot Fuzz was the best comedy of all three
And The World's End was the better overall movie. Plot structure with trademark foreshadowing is the best of all three, along with acting, use of music, action, cinematography, drama and heart.

not that user but bascially Gary King. He who thought he had a bright future, a gf and be who he wanted to be. But in the end he got depressed and had several suicide attemps, while his friends became normal family men and adjusted to the cooporate world. Gary failed to adapt to this lifestyle and suffers for it. The whole movie is him trying to relive the highpoint of his life, but also trying to kill himself admist his best friends. He himself is proof to them, that - even if they dared to live a life their way - the would end up like Gary. He's a warning to them to stay conformed and give up their hopes and dreams, because otherwise they will be crushed by the system (the alien-metaphor) and replaced by robotic hulls devoid of life.
His sufferings are their sufferings, but in the end only drinking and being total dickwads to the alien mastermind "saves" them. They may have doomed the earth but the "human spirit" has survived. Robots becoming people again.

As a wageslave this can hit home, also loosing your former best friends over time and bascially becoming a cynical piece of shit.

Reddit hates TWE

And that's why this movie is the best one. It's actually about something rather than DUDE. YARP

>*Googles: reddit the world's end"
You are wrong.

Comedy kino, but the contrarion edgelords here will call it shit because Reddit likes it.

>kino

>all these people praising The World's End
Nice to see. Usually Sup Forums calls it the worst one. But it has a lot of depth to it.

I agree, someone with such artistic talent and bravery to take a stand clearly has a big dick.

>same genre
>same two lead actors

Scorsese has done a million films of the same genre with DiCaprio in them, are they magically a trilogy?

The saddest part of the movie is that in order for him to finally become himself and be happy and don't rely on drugs or alcohol anymore the whole world had to end.

its called dollar trilogy, retard

I've never heard anyone call them the Dollar Trilogy, nice try homo

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollars_Trilogy
>The Dollars Trilogy (Italian: Trilogia del dollaro), also known as the Man with No Name Trilogy, is a film series consisting of three Spaghetti Western films directed by Sergio Leone.

Shaun of the dead is extremally overrated. I don't understand why it's praised as best comedy or whatever. Humour is kindergarten-tier. Hot fuzz is good. World's end is meh, but there's scene where protagonist start whining about how pathetic he is and /tv emphatize with this self pitying and pretend it's a masterpiece

Hot Fuzz has more jokes per minute than almost any other movie ever made sans airplane

>Man With No Name trilogy
lol wut

naming your trilogy something other than the title of the movies or the main movie is retarded

but more retarded is making a trilogy of 3 completely separated movies

2 >>>>>>> 1>3
Shaun is incredibly overrated in but only because the drama at the end seems really forced. It's still great though and an incredibly unique classic. Hot Fuzz is an actual comedic masterpiece. World's End is definitely funny, Edgar Wright finally learned to edit action in a fun yet comprehensible way, and the story is serious enough to have a genuine feeling to it. The ending is pure shit that barely makes any sense in exchange for a letter epic final shot

>>The Dollars Trilogy (Italian: Trilogia del dollaro), also known as the Man with No Name Trilogy

So it's both, no reason to argue then breh

Shaun > TWE > Hot Fuzz

Fuck you

Shaun = cheap
TWE = reddit
Hot Fuzz = perfection

I always felt bad for him.

They all taste like shit

protip: the one originally in italian is the official one

Unless you call it Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo, get fucked

>naming your trilogy something other than the title of the movies or the main movie is retarded
Oh I guess the Lord of the Rings trilogy is retarded then? You ass.

Are you drunk? All those films are "Lord of the Rings: Something-Something". Hence, "Lord of the Rings Trilogy".

>it needs continuity to be a trilogy
Retard
Also they share tone, theme also all being parodies

No they aren't.

>Shaun of the dead is 13 years old
>kids on Sup Forums either haven't seen them or don't understand the humor
End my life.

>The breakdown in the finale where Gary's bandages are revealed

FUCK

>Spaced in almost 20 years old and the ps1/phantom menace culture jokes will go straight over the heads of anybody who watches it today under the age of 25

plebbit: the trilogy, also world's end is fucking awful

it's gay

That was supposed to be the beginning of my life! All that promise and fucking optimism. That feeling that we could take on the whole universe! IT WAS A BIG LIE!

>a million films
>trilogy
I can't understand how someone can be this retarded while trying to make themselves look as though they're in the right

No they won't. Enough with this Reddit "I'm so old" shit. It's fucking annoying.

Only shaun of the dead is an interesting movie. The other 2 are boring. Worlds end was especially bad like that hitchhikers guide to the galaxy movie

Wtf I want ice cream now

Yeah they will you retard
>Muh rebbit too old
Muh rebbit teenagers who defend the prequels and won't understand why the ps1 era of games was revolutionary is a more realistic thing to complain about

I live in Gloucestershre myself, being frm here, the movie is far funnier because it's practicly a fucking documentry on the place.

Stuff that seems ridiculous in the film is just another day here, the people really are this "special".

I love them all. I think they're all great for different reasons.

I saw this when I was 11 and after the initial shock I had to repeat that part over and over again, then again in slow motion, then again frame by frame.

It was just the most fucked up and awesome thing I had ever seen in a movie.

>same two leads, supporting cast and crew
>similar tone
>Cornetto motif in all three
>not a trilogy

Not very funny at all

>I saw this when I was 11

18+

Hot Fuzz came out like 10 years ago dude.

they're good comedy movies but I have no idea why they are lauded so much.

>poor americuck can't understand superior humor

Being full of blue ink.

The yare fucking awful unless you are a teenager or soemthing. I don't get it, the humor is trash. Then again, every single comedy that I watch is trash, I fucking hate comedy, it just doesn't work.

>2007 was 10 years ago.

GIVE ME THE FUCKIBG ROPE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>I can't understand how someone can be this retarded while trying to make themselves look as though they're in the right
Sup Forums does it all the time. They love to play dumb.

Then the problem lies with you and not the genre.

For you I recommend The Nice Guys.

>hating all comedy

unironic autism. without good comedy life would literally not be worth living

>OP isn't even remotely Sup Forums
>neither are the posts
>Cry out against Sup Forums anyway
I knew faggots like you were mentally ill.

They hide their powerlevels that way. They are surely more powerful than the Rothschilds and the Bogdanoffs combined.

That's rather hypocritical of you.

>You have to be a teenager to appreciate comedy
What the fuck happened to you, user?

The fuck is that supposed to be?

shaun and fuzz were good, third one sucked barbie doll feet

>thread about British movie
>gets spammed to shit with posts about it being "that site"

Has anyone else noticed this? It's like it's targeted against every single British movie. It's ALWAYS British movies. What do you think we did to make those Americans so mad?
>captcha: forum salthouse

I really liked Shaun and Hot Fuzz when I first saw them. In recent years going back to them they've definitely lost much of their appeal.

Can't say I was ever a fan of World's End.

I was disappointed by worlds end.
It's not a bad movie, but it feels like the odd man out of the trilogy and nowhere near as funny as the other two.
It also is pretty weak with the parody elements. I wonder if that wasn't the fault of Paul cutting into their sci-fi parody base.

>bringing up Sup Forums out of nowhere
jesues christ just do us all a favor an off yourself

>an

I feel like The World's End wasn't SUPPOSED to be as funny. It was meant to be taken somewhat seriously.

>people not realising the allegory for the blue aliens rhetoric actually being jews and existance of secret societies

more improtantly the iconic jumping over the fence scenes in all three

I'm 23 and can confirm

The generational gaps are getting tighter and tighter by the minute, bacause of the internet. I can see in the future people separated by 5 years will feel like two totally different generations.

true comedy kino, love all 3

World's End was shite
The other 2 are ok

They don't understand the jokes and anything that goes over their heads = reddit

Its supposed to be an Alcoholics Anonymous movie done by Edgar Wright. It went over thru peoples head a lot.

World's End would literally have been better as a simple pub crawl between the lads. Just going through their entire night as they gradually get drunker.
I was really disappointed when all the dumb alien shit started happening.

So you wanted the hangover or some shit that wouldn't challenge you - the film would be predictable, but in a comforting way. Isn't it
better that you thought about it as you walked out?

Yeah I loved The World's End. I saw it in theaters alone after a long night of work, and convinced my friend to see it with me the next day. He didn't like it and I was shocked, so I took another friend another night and he felt the exact same way. I like it still.

Shaun of the Dead is the least flawed of the three. Hot Fuzz had kino potential but for some reason towards the end it switched genre from a post-modernist satirical mystery thriller to a pretty standard action comedy. Never watched the third one.

More like God Bless America

>IT NEVER GOT BETTER THAN THAT NIGHT

youtube.com/watch?v=l9LOKUiY0Dg

This movie hits too close for me to enjoy.