Terminator 1

>Terminator 1
>The Terminator is damaged and wears a pair of sunglasses to hide his inhumanity

>Terminator 2
>The Terminator decides to wear sunglasses at night to look "cool"

This is why T1 > T2

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pA7gvhwC9RI
youtube.com/watch?v=pVZ2NShfCE8
youtube.com/watch?v=NAuMz5JVMSM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

james cameron is a hack

t1 >> t2

alien >> aliens

is it just me or the T1 looks more like a doll? (i mean, its good since he's not a human)

Because the guy he stole it from owned those sunglasses. Why would he waste a perfectly good pair of sunglasses?

How can James Cameron be a hack if he made more than one masterpiece?

listen up dipshit

your eyes give a way a lot about your plan of attack

if you want to remain an enigma close the windows to the soul

claymation robot

t2 > t1

nice dubs

John Connor in the future taught the T800 to wear glasses just incase he gets his eyes damaged again

T1fags always make these threads because deep down they know T2 is better.

>T1 the Terminator starts off looking human and eventually puts on sunglasses making him look more like a bug and less human as the story goes on.

>T2 the Terminator starts off wearing sunglasses eventually removing them revealing his eyes and making him look more human as the story goes on.

This is why OP will always be a faggot

>if you want to remain an enigma close the windows to the soul
>soul
Robots don't have souls

>watching this
>youtube.com/watch?v=pA7gvhwC9RI
Honestly it makes me want the vhs too

This desu.

They made him up to look "off" the more his skin got damaged, like it was dying and rotting around him. The degradation starts when he gets set on fire outside the club and loses his eyebrows, and they made the character steadily paler, waxier and clammier-looking as the film went on.

I always assumed in T2 he puts the glasses on at night to avoid the glow of his eyes showing up in the dark. The bunker flashback in T1 shows that the red mechanical eyes the T800s have can glow through their organic eyeballs if it's dark enough.

oh he looked like a doll alright.

>Terminator 3
>The Terminator decides to wear sunglasses as a homage to first 2 movies

Is Terminator good guy or bad guy? I mean, he travels back in time to kill people and he's created by evil AI.

People love to shit on this but I think it's honestly amazing for 1984 and the low budget this film had. Pioneering prosthetic work.

Besides which, he's already meant to look like a creepy clammy zombie with no eyebrows at this point.

The moment the terminator saga started going down.

you mean when it wasn't Cameron behind the camera? No shit Sherlock, what other brilliant observations do you have?

T3 and beyond is not canon

i loved all that shit. then in T2 fucker gets all sorts of damage and his skin still looks super healthy. fucking cameron.

THAT FUNKY MAN

FUNKY FUNKY

Even as a kid watching the film for the first time this stood out to me as totally out of line with the tone of the previous two films. No idea why they tried to inject so much stupid humour into T3.

dont be rude with user, hes our bro. please apologize.

But what is the in-universe explanation for the T-800 taking that guy's sunglasses? It would at least sort of make sense if it was the first guy's outfit, but he takes it from the second guy for no reason.

I suppose you could argue it's a matter of timing.T1 takes place over several days, in T2 the T800 has his fairly minor wounds dressed by Sarah and doesn't suffer further damage until the final stretch of the film which takes place over maybe a couple of hours.

Look even if me were directed the movie and didn't know nothing about directing, I weren't do that stupid scene and many others. Even more, any fan wouldn't have done those stupid scenes. So it's not about James Cameron.

>T3
>arch enemy is a super powerful robot woman!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It was like a second rate Paul Verhoeven flick, who decided half the scenes should be a farce and half should be serious.

Point of context: Arnold was in the process of running for governor of California when T3 was in production and up for release. Word is the film was softened down to a PG-13 and had a lot of goofy humour injected into it to avoid offending his potential voter base.

Politics absolutely ruined Schwarzenegger. His post-film career and return to film is an abject lesson in knowing where to draw the line with naked ambition.

but katherine brewster was still a character. and mankinds savior a shitty emo fuck, after being a turbo badass in T2. god T3 was such a shitty movie.

Yeah, I guess it still wouldn't have been much better without that stuff.

The early-mid 2000's were a cinematic graveyard, weren't they?

T1 is great, but it doesn't have this theme, making it inferior
youtube.com/watch?v=pVZ2NShfCE8

>muh violinz
>muh hard hitz
hollywood score garbage.

now THIS is what a pure film score sounds like:
youtube.com/watch?v=NAuMz5JVMSM

The Terminator wears glasses for the same reason cops and FBI wear glasses, retard. It's so people can't see what he's looking at.

t. hurrmaster.

Claymation robot

T1>>>>>>>>>>t2

American culture will never be this comfy EVER again

Could come down to a paradox.
Only reason he did was because he was programmed by john to do it because that's what he saw the robot with the glasses. He might have thought it was important enough to put it. Or he needed to bc paradox.

Something about James Cameron's sequels. They're always about motherhood. Aliens, T2.... you have to wonder if Avatar 2 is about some bullshit motherhood drama.

most Terminator fans generally like T2 better and we have to remind them they are gigantic faggots
not that T2 isn't a fun flick but T1 is a film

This, but I didn't realize it until I got older

the problem is not the amount of detail but the fact that it doesn't look like Arnold at all, they didn't even bother getting his squinty eyes right. Also it's 1984, better sfx had existed by then like in The Thing.

>I judge movies based on completely erroneous tidbits contained within them
Cool beans, pleb.

Kino webm

Webm of family scene please

T2 is more of a parody to T1. Doesn't mean it's bad whatsoever, but they take everything from the first movie and make it more light-hearted and child-friendly.
>inb4 but its not childfriendly it has gruesome scenes :^(

>I am unable to understand that well thought out details are what make great films great

You would notice it then.

Because originally the script was that they sent people back in time nude because they didn't want their clothes to be out of style
Skynet and the resistance thought that if they had "weird" clothing on when they went back in time then everyone would think they were time travelers
(There was originally a scene where Kyle Reese is wearing futuristic clothes and the cops chase after him and he has to steal contemporary clothing)
The terminator is programmed to seek out fashion that won't make him stand out
So when he took the leather biker outfit his computer brain assumed that the sun glasses went with the outfit
That if He didn't have the glasses everyone would know he was a time traveler