How come Flash always plays a big role in every event?

How come Flash always plays a big role in every event?

Why shouldn't he?

They are very lovable characters so it's always easy to make them suffer and touch reader's heartstrings.

Something something Speed Force, something something Hypercrisis.

Speed Force.

Speed force is the manifestation of narrative progress. Also hypercrisis.

does he? I don't recall him doing much in Zero Hour, and you could've probably scooped him and his subplot out of Crisis on Infinite Earths without making much difference to it.

I didn't recall him doing that much during Infinite Crisis either

started the silver age and DC's superhero boom

DC Events tend to be multiversal events, and Flash *defined* this stuff.

Pottery.

Does Sup Forums actually believe there is validity to hypercrisi.

Do you actually know what hypercrisis is?

It's a completely organic process of fans finding thematic and narrative links between multiple works in a shared universe whether they were intentionally authored or not. It can't be "valid" or "invalid".

They're the only guys who can't use the excuse that they're running late or it's too far away.

Long story short, the Speed Force is a fundamental, integral part of the DCU multiversal, and the Flashes, as its human avatars, are almost always affects by shit that goes down in crises big enough to affect that Multiverse.

Hypercrisis

Invalid detected

To keep him busy and out of the way of the plot so he doesn't Speedforce everything into submission.

Back in the original Crisis the Anti-Monitor wanted the Flash off the board because he was the only hero (at the time) who could travel the multiverse under his own power. I think that got plot creeped into him being expected to be prominent as much as its expected for the Specter to get jobbed.

He isn't.

When Wally was The Flash he wasn't particularly important in Identity Crisis, Zero Hour, or Infinite Crisis.

The Flash is only important in events when it's Barry, for SOME reason.

Redpill me on Hypercrisis. The wiki is nothing but gibberish.

You might as well ask us to redpill you on nuclear fission.

Speed force.

It is a mcguffin with a extremely loose and fluid definition. So he can be used to do anything and when questioned how he did it then he can just say "MUH SPEED FORCE"

That's pretty much what it is crazy man(morrison) gibberish

What if there were...

A Speedcrisis?!

You mean the Lightning War event?

That got derailed in favor of New 52, but it was gonna be bananas.