Can we just

have a serious movie

for ONCE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wBMIA2jvc1A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can you just

stop being a humorless cunt?

Why would they fuck with something that's proven to make them money?

Even Dark Knight had quips and jokes, get the fuck over it.

>expecting a serious movie by Marlel

You only have your self to blame.

No.

Enjoy your Sub-Mariner where Namor is fascinated by the "Youtubes" and wonders why SeaWorld sucks so much.

Even serious shit like Band of Brothers and The Pacific have light moments.

There's nothing wrong with levity and humour

There's everything wrong with quipping and outdated pop culture references

we did. it was a joyless piece of shit

>Dr. Pavel I'm CIA

Fucking Dan Harmon man

Why does it bother you that much?
>Lame joke
>FUCKING RUINED!!!!
Fuck off

>Enjoy your Sub-Mariner
Never ever. Universal is probably still being shits about it, and the last we heard, the rights are still a tangled mess.

>>Beyonce joke
>>Eminem Joke
>>Adele joke
These were all the same joke you just listed them separately to make your list longer

>quipping

Read comics you silly faggot.

The lamest thing about all Marvel movies is how much dad rock they use. GotG is the worst offender, but Strange has Pink Faggot on the soundtrack. True horror is knowing that over-rated, over-played buttrock from the 20th century will never die because it was the first time toxic aural memes were promoted globally. Fucking garbage

Nothing wrong with classic rock. Go listen to your dance mix, junior.

Yea but a character called THE JOKER was the main villain

It was a serious film with some levity, you dumb cunt.

Please go back your MoS threads to whine there instead.

can you just

stop posting like a tumblr cunt?

Where do you think you are right now?

When it's 2016 and we're still using Classic Rock and 80s-70s soundtracks like their fucking relevant is when we need to reevaluate our fucking library

So why Batman wasn't blind?

No we don't. You just need to develop an actual taste and listen to music made for people with a reading level above 3rd grade.

When wizards in bathrobes are running around a city it helps to have a certain amount of levity.

Oh come on, GotG used it pretty well, and pink floyd is gud

bill?

Because blind bats are a myth

As a funny clowns

That's subjective.
But it is a fact that bats are not blind.

>Pink Faggot

How bout you fuck off back to Tumblr while listening to Neutral Milk Hotel on your Dr. Dre Beats headphones you shit guzzling thundercunt

But I thought this was MoS? Everything looked dark and the main character has a red cape!

Marvel can't even have a serious comic nowadays without falling into quippy shit. American humor is vomit.

they are classic for a reason underage

>I don't like music that was made before I was born

Gotta be 18 to post here sport

How about developing your own taste in music instead of of being spoon fed crap because "oh this is one of the greatest bands ever" And for the record NMH is almost as bad as Pink Faggot but has not been overplayed ad nauseum

>How about developing your own taste in music

I have and it isn't determined by when the song came out, unlike you, you child.

So MoS and BvS?

Nobody is forcing you to watch these films, OP.

Nobody but you.

Maybe you should have a conversation with yourself and ask yourself why you hurt yourself like you do.

Or maybe you should just kill yourself because holy shit.

I feel like the humour actually worked a lot better in this than in Thor 2, for some reason.

Honestly, in a lot of ways, I'd say that this film feels like it succeeds where Thor 2 fails.

I will agree that the slapstick didn't really work, though.

Do you only read Deadpool and Harley Quinn?

>The lamest thing about all Marvel movies is how much dad rock they use. GotG is the worst offender
It was momrock and it had a good reason for being there.

I'd understand if it didn't suit the film but Pink Floyd is absolutely appropriate for Doctor Strange.

Hell, with GoTG it serves a purpose as an anchor for Star Lord and to remind the audience of how long he's been removed from Earth for.

The only superhero film with classic rock from the past few years I can think of that really didn't need it was Suicide Squad, and that's because the soundtrack felt so manufactured in general (both modern and classic music) just to emulate GoTG without really understanding why it worked.

The truth third movie is one of the best comedies of the century

It wasn't trying to emulate GotG and GotG didn't invent classic rock soundtracks. It was WB making a knee jerk reaction to the trailers and forcing the movie to emulate them.

Why does light moments always need to be either references or slapstick in Marvel movies though

Obviously they didn't invent that convention but the way that it was used within the film, it's obvious that someone at WB saw a pop music soundtrack on a comic book property and thought 'that's what we need'.

It's sort of like what happened with the Matrix. For a short time afterwards, a ton of action films had their protagonists wearing black leather and sunglasses and doing flipkicks. Executives tend to only take the shallower elements of whatever they want to imitate while missing the actual reasons that something worked.

People are going to get tired of seeing the same shit eventually.

They weren't all those kinds of joke, though. Honestly, most of the humour in the film landed really well. I definitely dug TAO's sense of humour; she was pretty dry, and I think if the rest of the film had that dry sense of humour it would have elevated it to the top of Marvel's film releases.

>Can you get that in a gift shop?

Because audience and critics respond the most to them.

"haha the movies don't take themselves seriously, they know the entire premise is silly xD"

Where was there quipping in the film, anyway?

Other than the Wong/pop music gag, I don't remember much; more Strange being a smarmy bastard than quippy.

DORMMAMU, IVE COME FOR THE WIFI

>I feel like the humour actually worked a lot better in this than in Thor 2

It feels like more of the same honestly.

Get ready for him to get killed off next film.

Oh yeah i forgot about all the quips in A Contract With God, or even the latest issues of Flash and Flinstones!

There are ways to do humor without it being an idiotic quip, and most comics with quips are awful.

Kill yourself

I hope they don't.

Unlike most Marvel villains, he actually has an interesting motivation going for him. I like that he turned bad BECAUSE he was so obsessed with following the rules, rather than being a standard cliché 'he chased forbidden power' evil wizard thing.

Also he was right

There is at least one blind bad in the world

>doesnt like Dre

kys

As long as it's not as bad as Avengers 2.

I love Dre but Beats are horrible headphones, user.

>buying overpriced products

someone explain what Dan Harmon has to do with it

I thought the wifi password joke in the trailer was pretty fuxking good. It played with the audience and Strange's expectations of what the monestary is like.

Baron Mordo, first good marvel villain ?

Nothing considering he was basically there to make cuts and corrections and as a sci-fi consultant before reshoots, but the Sup Forums meme is that every time a cape movie has reshoots it's for jokes.

There's at least one very good reason for Pink Floyd.

>levity stops a movie from being serious

you're a total retard

Son, you can badmouth dad rock as a "genre" all you want, and God knows there's enough bad dad rock to mock, but you absolutely do not badmouth Pink Floyd. I'm not even a fan of the band, and I know enough not to badmouth Pink Floyd. Go rip on Journey or Boston or some shit. But not Pink Floyd - that way lies madness.

DORMAMMU, I'M CIA___________

"dadrock" and "buttrock" are both such overused and even nonsensical phrases to use. I've seen people refer to The Foo Fighters (a band from the 90's) as dadrock, and I've also seen people call the Rolling Stones (a band from the 60's) dadrock. Two completely different generations of music and yet they're both "dadrock".

And buttrock? What does that mean? People have called Nickleback, Def Leppard, Nirvana, and here Pink Floyd "buttrock". It basically just seems to mean "rock I don't like".

I'll say it, I liked the way Dormammu looked. Sucks about Mordo though, I liked him. Though, I guess that means the actor did his job right

I consider dad rock to be any music played on "classic rock" radio stations and was made between the 60s and 70s.

>It basically just seems to mean "rock I don't like".

That is all it means. It's an insult, not a criticism.

'Buttrock' really does just mean 'rock I don't like' but I'll keep using the term anyway because it's a fun term, but tends to refer to post-grunge like Nickleback or Creed or Puddle of Mudd.

'Dadrock' has a bit more of a personal connotation, that the listener can't let go of the past.

I thought buttrock was '80s hair metal shit like Poison.

>I'll say it, I liked the way Dormammu looked.

I think that Dormammu works because the adaption actually uses the unique benefits of film as a medium (i.e. motion) to make him look more ethereal, rather than just changing him arbitrarily. That ripple effect was pretty freaky.

They're exclusively Sup Forums terms and mostly used out of pure envy and jealousy that the music has lasted the test of time.

>'Dadrock' has a bit more of a personal connotation, that the listener can't let go of the past.

What phrase would you use for people who listen to Mozart and Beethoven?

For the record I'm in my twenties and like old rock music. A lot of these bands were already old when I was a kid but I like them anyway.

>What phrase would you use for people who listen to Mozart and Beethoven?

People with taste.

>>What phrase would you use for people who listen to Mozart and Beethoven?

Granddadrock

why would they bring in Dan Harmon for that?

You fart like a younger man, holding nothing back.

You know what the problem is? People has started to laugh at moments they shouldn't becuse they expect Marvel movies to be continuously funny. At the cinema, when Strange tells Christine "I don't want you to leave" or something like that and then she answers "I have to" and leaves, people fucking chuckled. There were some laughs while the protagonist was crying.

Fuck that, son. I like humor in my movies, but this is starting to become a shitfest.

Defeat has victories you.

youtube.com/watch?v=wBMIA2jvc1A

On Sup Forums and Sup Forums, quipping has pretty much become a blanket term for any humour in a cape movie. It's lost its full meaning.

Sounds like you know where the problem lies but you're blaming the wrong party.

what should I blame then?

Blame Canada.

>yfw he punched those guys with his broken and bleeding hands

>filename

fucking underrated top kek

Meme humor ruins the mood, Marvel cuck boy.

>At the cinema, when Strange tells Christine "I don't want you to leave" or something like that and then she answers "I have to" and leaves, people fucking chuckled. There were some laughs while the protagonist was crying.

To be honest, some of that could be teenagers. A lot of teens really don't like being seen as unironically liking things so they'll laugh at any attempted serious moments in films.

Just absorb yourself in the film and ignore the rest of the audience. They can have their experience, you just have yours.

>To be honest, some of that could be teenagers.
So, like most of Sup Forums?

It's why I don't go to the movies anymore. The audiences are completely braindead. I saw Star Wars last year and about every other line the audience was laughing at something, most of the time not even meaning to be funny.

>starting
You're a few years behind, it seems.

Now you're getting the picture.

Even the writers/directors are a bit confused as to why people find certain scenes funny.

In Winter Soldier, when Steve and Natasha run from shield, they go to Sam's house. Steve says something along the lines of "We need to lay low", Natasha says "Everybody we know is trying to confuse us". The writers who were just watching with the audience at multiple theatres noticed lots of people found it funny even though it wasn't written to be humorous. (See Winter Soldier director commentary)

Same thing happened again in Civil War, but this time it was just after Rhodey was shot down, Sam says to Tony "I'm sorry", then Tony blast's him and audiences laughed even though it was never meant to be funny. (See Civil War commentary).

>Now

>"Everybody we know is trying to kill us".
Fuck

>even though it was never meant to be funny
it wasnt?