/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

Damn Good Potatoes Edition

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comments/6y2nhb/s3e17_s3e18_my_simple_interperetation_of_the/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My family, my friend, I have criss-crossed this great land of our countless times. I hold a map of it here, in my heart next to the joyful memories o the carefree days I spent as a young boy here in your beautiful town of Twin Peaks.

From Alexandria, Virginia to Stockton, California. I think about Lewis and his friend Clark, the first Caucasians to see this part of the world; their footsteps have been the highways and byways of my days on the road. My shadow is always with me, sometimes ahead, sometimes behind, sometimes to the left or sometimes toe the right.

Except on cloudy days or at night.

the true LYNCHING is not being able to find the credits music

KYS lynch

Based Wally

Can we just stop for a moment and appreciate how good of an actor Kyle is?

Why did bob kill josie

She's isn't dead.

Garmon-Josie-A

Because she was tired of being typecast as an Asian beauty.

My dharma is the road, your dharma is...

Coop and Diane are dead. That's why Diane asks him in the car if he's sure he wants to do this. They're making a one way trip into Laura's dream. Diane didn't care, she was blindly following Coop because he's the only thing she has left to live for. Coop was going because he technically did save Laura from death in the forest, but her new fate was being trapped in her own dream. If he succeeded in waking her up then it's lights out for everyone else. Nonexistent.

It's technically a good ending because Laura wakes up and Twin Peaks remains wholesome, but at the cost of Cooper. Or maybe he's just stuck in her head now and visits her whenever she's dreaming.

non meme ratings, although I do love you based blue rating poster

doesnt get any bluer

pure kino

dubs confirm

What happened to bushnells gun?
Cooper drew a pistol not a revolver
Yet there's a revolver amongst the guns he fries that looks like bushnells and those Trump faggots all had assholstered pistols

so what was this sorry excuse of a shitshow all about?

wtf do i watch now

/tpg/

Richard sucked. The whole thing felt kind of depressing somehow... I was so happy we got Cooper back and he didn't even give us a thumbs up

all about

How is this a short film?

Laura Palmer

must be why they make another dougie jones, huh? because twin peaks doesnt exist unless chet desmond v2 is in it.
why are these threads so shit?
the scream at the end is cathartic action and the super secret whisper during credits is an 'out of time' pun. arguing about plot points is embarrassing to read.

After laura whispers in coop's ear he looks completely horrified, and when she gets sucked away his blinking and movement is reversed. What gives?

Christ, my dude. Tone it down on the sharpening filters

IS THE COFFEE ON?

Lynch's hatred of creamed corn, garmonbozia and the scary qualities of small town gas stations

That Neil gaiman anthology show that's being planned
Or just read a book

"I'm Judy, lol!"

>super secret whisper during credits
What's this about? Just the still shot of Laura whispering or is there audio to go along too?

Gone forever

You read shitty fanfiction and shitty fan theories that dont come close to this

[taps own chest]

How much input did Frost have in this?

>Pure white background means she's in the white lodge

W H O A

>It's technically a good ending because Laura wakes up and Twin Peaks remains wholesome, but at the cost of Cooper
laura wakes up to a terrifying life of molestation and psychological abuse from her father. Why else do you think she would scream? in FWWM it was clear that leland wasn't entirely innocent, so even with bob destroyed its likely she'd continue to suffer. seeing laura with the angel at the end of the film WAS her happy ending. Coop tore it away from her because all he cared about was saving her, rather than let sleeping dogs lie.

He's giving a very Cary Grant vibe here.

>mfw "get me out of here" meant getting out of the series

Was it evil Coop, good Coop or some stoic inbetween Coop in episode 18?

>17
kys

Do Berniebros and Hilldoggers hate Twin Peaks because it portrays dark beings from another dimension feeding on pain and suffering in a negative light?

It is their culture, after all

Was about the futile nature of the good guy trying to battle forces he couldn't understand or trust and ending up getting utterly destroyed by them. It was a Lovecraft ending.

Can't believe this nigga is almost 60. How many people that age look this good?

this. fortunately this is over and as expected it was all for nothing.

>garland foresaw a wonderful future for his son
>bobby ends up cucked, his daughter his dead, and he'll be a cop in a freak show magic town for the rest of his life

>Coop and Diane are dead
>They're making a one way trip into Laura's dream.

WRONG

at least 50%

Laura's subconscious dream version of Cooper.

Whether this is what he was going for or not I like to think it's along these lines. I want carrie page to be a representation of the fact that laura palmer just doesn't get a happy life. Ever. In any timeline. That's just not the universe's plan for her.

Does drumpf exist in the new universe

kino driving scene

Frost is the plot driven dude, whereas Lynch is the character driven, art house shit you see in the show.

It's not a dream, mate.

>in FWWM it was clear that leland wasn't entirely innocent,

He's stuck in some kind of stunted perma-remorse in the Waiting Room, rather than in the Black Lodge proper.

BOB might have just lied in order to create more suffering and therefore gormonbozia. It's even doubtful that he wouldn't pretend this using puppet-Leland if it wasn't true, anyway.

No. It's obvious he's in President Hillary's reality at the end.

That episode was a disaster, I can enjoy the 2nd half of it more with the context of 18, but I'll never accept how poorly everything culminated at the Sheriffs station. It had no reason to be so abrupt and rushed. The Bob ball is the dumbest scene in the entire series, it's only saving grace is Cooper's awakening when it is over, if it wasn't for that superimposed shot I would say it rivals the dumbest of the dumb in the 2nd half of season 2, but at least this scene was punctuated by the gut wrenching realization in Cooper that everything has changed.

Am I the only sitting at work, not being able to do anything because I'm here thinking about that finale?

Fucking Lynch has no idea, but he fucking Lynched me to much for a tv show.

Inconsistentsies with the motel changing would prove otherwise.

Daily Reminder that Original Cooper was the one that went back to Janey E and Sonny Jim to live as Dougie Jones, and the doppelganger was the one that went to find Laura.

>mfw i get cucked by myself

It was a hack job.

When Coop enters her house and finds the dead man on the couch I was beyond speechless, talk about unexpected!

I'm with you user

>drumpf

Fuck off, commie.

why you called Trump drumpf?

No, the bleak, unfriendly alternate universe is where the CIA niggers killed Drumpflstiltzkin and Hilldog won.

That's why it was so scary.

Who else SHOOK by that ending

Based Frost did it again

Richard is a fanfic theory at this point from people who want to make a sad ending sadder.
>but muh letter
No proof that Diane wrote it. People assume that she did instead of that it was there before Coop woke up in the changed reality. It's just as likely that she was erased from reality during the transition into the new one.
>but why doesn't he act like Cooper
Kyle said in an interview that's been posted here over and over that we can expect Coop to act quieter and moodier at some point but it doesn't mean he's not still Cooper. He still has his FBI badge and knows his name, for example. Keep in mind that he acted similarly in the pilot, and was perfectly okay with punching a woman in the fucking face like he did in season 2 when he was rescuing Audrey. He awoke in a new reality completely alone and had a singleminded goal to follow, so I think most of his behavior makes sense.

What a fascinating case of mass self-delusion this has been. It's truly amazing and disgusting how heavily people are stroking themselves over their ability to force themselves to choke down something that is so very poorly executed just so they can reach that oh so "clever" hidden story within.

Look, I know that it must be very comforting to keep talking down to people about how they just don't get the weirdness and complexity of it all (because WOW, use of metaphor and non-linear storytelling in the video medium? UNHEARD OF!), but that's really not the problem here. It's the absolutely abysmal pacing and structure. Yes people, we get it. Lynch likes to pull the same old thing out of his bag of tricks that he always has, where he tries to artificially induce unease by drawing scenes out well past their welcome, except instead of the handful of times spread out across a 2-3 hour movie we are now treated to 45/60 minutes of this filler in each episode of an 18 hour saga, leaving very little room for any actual worthwhile content. You don't need to be a mathematician to see that the ratio between the two is incredibly uneven.

But OK, yippee hooray for ARTISTIC INTEGRITY! He has such complete free rein to spew out completely unfettered streams of consciousness that no one at all will dare to tell him that maybe things like having a confused old woman talking to the police about who has the keys to a door for 10 straight minutes is an absolute waste of film, and none of you will dare admit that this pile of slop is in dire need of editing because you're too busy preening about what an artistic genius Lynch is, and how open-minded and avant-garde you are by extension for being able to wrap your heads around a plot that's literally been done a hundred times before in superhero comic books.

A big slow clap for you all.

perfect ending desu

due to all the screaming and overall depression in the air?

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree doppelcoop did nothing wrong and Cooper was the real fuck-up the entire time?

I'm exactly the same

>that pic
Holy fuck Podesta are you trying to get caught?

Time isn't linear in the Lodge. She disappeared because that was the exact moment when Cooper saved her in the future and she was taken away to the other reality.

dehcnyl

Yes. It's social commentary on economic depression if she was president.

Everyone post all other shows besides TP that you've watched this year and thought were good.

LYNCHED

copy/pasta madness.

And a bad one if I might say so myself.

And I stole the glory from you just like Trump did Hillary HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Here's my list:

Dugba or Reddit? I'm thinking the former, they're more assraped by the show there.

Have you seen that penguin?

TP is the only show I watched.

>mfw I have irritable bowel syndrome and got so stressed out from the finale, I now have a bad case of diarrhea

YAMEROOOO

GOT

Fuck off drumpfkins

I can't tell if the sheriff's department showdown was intentionally corny or not. No matter what the truth of the matter is, Lynch is protected by so many layers of irony that his most die-hard fans will always say that it was an intentional satirical "ending" to mock other tv shows.

They definitely thought full-blown Ministry of Truth shit would save them from nasty things like statistics.

American gods, literally it.

reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comments/6y2nhb/s3e17_s3e18_my_simple_interperetation_of_the/

read this dumbasses

You can pinpoint the exact moment the Frosting ended and the Lynching began.

post yfw when the credits rolled