Franco-Belgian / Eurocomics Storytime

Hello all, I got this done sooner than I expected, so it's time for another Franco-Belgian storytime.

This time, it's a story by Mathieu Bablet who you may remember from Beautiful Death and Adrastea.

>Several hundred years into the future, mankind lives on a space station ruled over by a multinational with a true cult following. At first glance, everyone seems satsfied with this "perfect society". In this setting, some men struggle to push past their limits and become gods. To do this, they put into place a program designed to create life from nothing in Shangri-La, one of the most hospitable regions of Titan, where they intend to enact their version of the book of Genesis.

It's a fairly long book, but it should fit in this thread. And please, as always, don't hesitate to share any comments, criticism, corrections or suggestion.

Hope you enjoy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Feq4vtjAgeQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here's a little trailer, I quite like these, wish English comics had them.

youtube.com/watch?v=Feq4vtjAgeQ

I know they're kinda cheesy, but I like these sorts of openings.

I love the way this guy does detailed corridors, these ones sort of remind me of 2001.

I really think these sci-fi settings are a great fit for him.

I have to say though, the book's not especially subtle.

Anyone reading? Bumps would be very much appreciated.

I may go back and translate these signs in the art, but if I do that, I'll have to do a whole bunch of others or my autism will bug me.

Let's smash you over the head with my point again!

Even in the future, there are frat bro douchebags.

I wouldn't call this cheesy at all. Aside from a tad too much exposition, the opening is great. If its done well then it doesn't matter if its cliche.

No John, no!

Yeah, I guess I do mean cliche rather than cheesy. could be worse, it could have been a freeze-frame 'I bet you're wondering how I got here' scene.

I don't get it.

there's a typo in the first panel
and=>an

Just keep reading, all will become clear.

Although he has just straight up said he's been sent a million years into the past.

Thanks.

I just love explosions like this

Where they go down to nothing.

Relativity. You've probably seen pictures of the Eagle Nebula right? From our perspective, they're still there, but in actuality its long since disappeared and we're just seeing the past. I'm assuming that the story will play on space-time and how wonky/funky it becomes depending on your point of reference/origin/speed.

The MC appears to have been transported back in time to witness an event that has already happened. Current thinking about space-time believes that there isn't a past/future per say and that everything is happening at the same time. Maybe something to do with black holes.

Thank you OP for translating and story timing. Fantastic artwork and engaging story.

Reporting in and adding to threadwatcher. Will take a look at it tomorrow, hopefully.

Might take a day or two, a friend keeps pestering me about some new vidya.

Oooh, what game?

Albion.

Well, that was unexpected.