So do you think they are starting to realize that no one likes their comics anymore?

So do you think they are starting to realize that no one likes their comics anymore?

You think they will take the criticism under cosideration or just turn a blind eye and keep making trash?

>marvel listening to its fans

mockingbird just became a best seller despite them doing literally nothing so no they'll probably just keep doing what they're doing

They were just lucky the writer is a fucking whiner.

They can't depend on that to make sales alone. I feel like they have to be aware that DC is crushing them in sales by going back to their roots.

Marvel could do the same if they were to listen to their consumers.

>he thinks people buy comics because they're good

If Marvel ever listened to its fanbase, it wouldn't be in this mess to begin with.

It's lucky the movies are doing so well or Disney would probably axe the whole fucking shebang.

Sooner or later the movie fad will die out.

Mockingbird sales were more like a political statement of sorts.
They can't rely on that.

How's the Marvel NOW 2.0 titles are selling?
Do we have any info on that?

Weird thing, I'm hyped again just like old times.
But this time, I'm not hyped to read the new comics, I'm hyped to see them fail.

"Best Seller"

Oh my god you poor delusional soul. Mockingbird is a bestseller...under the Marvel category of superheroes of graphic novels of comic books or books. It's literally not even in the top 5 (it's #8) under the "Superhero Comics and Graphic Novels" section of Amazon bestsellers. Come on....

As someone who hates Marvel (but not the characters or the world) and wants to see the company crash and BURN...

All I wish is that they do more "Mockingbird" style comics, do it with ALL of them.

The company would be finished.

This would tell you how "good" this idea would be.

>But this time, I'm not hyped to read the new comics, I'm hyped to see them fail.

Nah senpai, I'm hype for them to fail, look at us as if to say 'why', then begin pandering to us again.

Nigga, it's only being outsold by $4 kindle edition parts of Stephen King's Stand. It's the highest selling hardcopy Superhero Graphic Novel right now.

They'll keep on keeping on with the trash.

Also Vampirella. But sure the bestselling HARDCOPY of SUPERHERO of COMICS of GRAPHIC NOVELS of BOOKS.

Keep grasping for those straws partner.

My worst fear is that they "take it into consideration"... and turn their entire lineup into what Bendis ANAD Iron Man was. Bland, shitty stories by their worst writers that abandon any and all attempts to use less known characters or create new ones and just use the classic white guys. ANAD's best books were its fringe ones and Rebirth's biggest sin is its lack of them, so the idea of Marvel dumping all their less-"core" titles doesn't thrill me.
Really, Sup Forumswhining just obfuscates what the real issues are and increases the chance that Marvel's going to take all the worst lessons from Rebirth.

>horror books see sudden increase in sales the day before Halloween
>Mockingbird sees increase in preorders right after the cancellation caused a SJW uproar on Twitter which caused an anti-SJW uproar on Twitter
It's almost as if sales constantly change based on trends.

You guys know why Marvel is targeting females, right? They buy books in trade. You can complain that "Tumblr" doesn't buy or read comics, but whether that's true or not, the fact is trade sales are the bread and butter of comics because they reach the normie market at Barnes and Noble. Girls who buy manga and YA novels are interested in books like Mockingbird.

And by "like Mockingbird", I don't mean dumb slice-of-life shit, I mean books with female leads, non-traditional artstyles, lite continuity and less violence.

Why you people trash books like this simply for existing is beyond me considering there are still books that appeal to you (which I'm assuming means heavier on continuity, more decompressed, house artstyle, and more gritty violent direction). There's Daredevil, there's the entire X-Men line, there's Ultimates, just let these people have their fucking girl books for christ's sake.

After CWII I think Bendis' days of running amok are numbered.

>After CWII I think Bendis' days of running amok are numbered.
Yeah. Even if most of the replacement of characters is dumb and cynical and a good deal of Marvel's writing is absolute dogshit, they don't really matter much. All I need to see happen is Marvel sideline Bendis and stop him having veto power, realise that constant events and relaunches might be doing more harm than good, and learn to actually respect their characters and their history.

You have anything to back this up dude.

Just the entirely drama fabricated out of 8 people on Twitter.

Give more examples them, go on.

For free or for a fee?

>After CWII I think Bendis' days of running amok are numbered.
I'd hope so, but I'll believe it when I see it.

You're the problem with comics.

Get out.

Bullshit.

Show me any kind of statistic that shows women buy trades or even that "trade sales are the bread and butter of comics"

This is overwhelmingly false. The majority of comic book sales still come from Wednesday floppies.

elaborate

>no one likes their comics anymore

I like some of their comics

>Marvel's garbage editorial and writing staff, focus on constant events and relaunches and lack of ability to use their good creators well is more of a problem than "abluh they made a solo for a literally who"
Okay, Satan.

>Saga
That shit taste of yours, user...