Outside of the comic books...

Outside of the comic books, will DC ever realize that it has more heroes than just Batman and his side kick/rival superman?
Even Marvel realized that it's made up of more than Spiderman, Hulk and the xmen.

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/confirmed-batman-and-superman-are-off-limits-for-arrow-1662696484
cinemablend.com/news/1576190/of-course-harley-quinn-is-the-most-popular-halloween-costume-this-year-here-are-the-rest
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They will when fans do.

>Even Marvel realized that it's made up of more than Spiderman, Hulk and the xmen.
Only because it didn't own any of them.
So the solution is to get someone else to take away DC's Batman movie rights.

Only because they had sold out their most popular heroes.
And as soon as they could, Marvel started production on their own Spider-man movie, pushing back movies of lesser known heroes.

>DC focuses on batman
>Normal people only know that batman exists because of this
>Well we better focus on batman because that is what people know

Yea because Green Lantern, Flash and Green Arrow all never had shows. Its onlt batman and Supes.

The last 2 weren't decided or made by DC. That was outside forces wanting them.In fact the only reason Flash and arrow had a show is because DC wouldn't allow anyone to use their precious batman.

>Outside of comics
Batman currently has 12 comics. That is more than all the other JL heroes combined besides supes.
If we count Bat and supes they make up over 50% of the super hero line.

What are you talking about? DC as a company has no control over any of that. Its all warners that does none comic stuff and that put in place, and then got rid of, the embargo.

Man ur retarded

You say that as if it changes anything. The only reason why The Flash was made was to protect Batman for more shit movies.

Marvel only branched out because they were forced to start out with people who arent Spiderman, the FF and the Xmen. If they had tose properties, the MCU would be completely different

>TFW batman will never be erased

No? It was made because guggenheim wanted to make it you retard. Back up your claims with evidence.

Marvel only realized it when they were forced to make movies without those characters.

Whe we gonna get a triple A Titans or Justice League game?

Because Arrow hasn't tried to be discount Batman since season 1
>inb4 Green Arrow was always a discount Batman
Yeah, but that was kind of the point and it was taken with a grain of salt, Arrow in season 1 literally tried to be Nolan's Batman on tv. They even had their own Oracle who became the worst character after she regained the ability to walk again.

At least now Marvel knows the Inhumans movie can be shelved indefinitely, considering the "success" of Marvel's current Inhumans-infused comics.

They couldn't make a Batman TV show. It's why Arrow was a rip off of Batman and why fox got a Gotham.
io9.gizmodo.com/confirmed-batman-and-superman-are-off-limits-for-arrow-1662696484

>Batman currently has 12 comics

How'd you get that number? Off November's solicitations, there's All-Star, Batman and Detective, maybe count Beyond and '66 if you're being generous.

>suddenly DC is in the wrong for giving people what they want

It's just how the market works. Have you noticed how DC is promoting other members? Aquaman was pretty close to having two ongoings in the start of the New 52.

The current practice is giving people more of what they want, and that's Batman. Superman is getting a strong support as well and GL has a few titles as well. Stuff like this doesn't happen overnight, the comics industry relies on status quo because that sells the most consistently.

Marvel is going a different route and is dictated by progressive pushes and movie synergy.

If people want more of something different, then they should say so with their wallets. But the wallets want more Batman.

Corporations are not known for taking risks.

If you count Nightwing and all other spin off batman comics he has 12.

>Giving people what they want
See Marvel didn't have this privilege so they managed to turn all of their characters into huge deals instead of just having 1 or 2.
The only reason Batman is the most popular is because he is the only one most people know. Same for supes.

I know there used to be an embargo, but thats not WHY they made a flash show. They made it because they wanted to make a flash show. And thats not why Fox got gotham either, WB Productions shopped a pilot around and Fox bought it.

>gizmodo

Holy kek

>Even Marvel realized that it's made up of more than Spiderman, Hulk and the xmen
And now Spiderman, Hulk and X-men are shit

Id say Aquaman and Wonder Woman have as much recongition in the mainstream as any marvel character that isnt Spider-Man. Id also say Harley is more popular than any non spiderman marvel character.

>Turn a character to shit
>They instantly become popular

They made a flash show because of the success of Arrow but you know if they got Batman like they wanted to begin with it would have been Batman then supes again due to the success they had with smallville. Even then the only reason Flash got a show is because someone in CW rather than warner or DC wanted it.

Harley has BEEN popular for awhile you silly little faggot. And in no way is she any more or less shit than she always has been.

>Arrow was always discount batman
Why do people who don't read comics feel the need to comment on them?
Arrow and Batman are fucking night and day
Batman is dick who does whatever and hurts whoever it takes to accomplish the mission
He treads on peoples civil rights like hes the god damn NSA.
Arrow believes in helping the little guy and has always done what he can to protect people and their rights.

Harley hasn't been mainstream since Batman videogames.
She was definitely popular for a comic book/cartoon character but that is far different than what can be expected of a mainstream one.
Harley now consistently has a solo comic run that sell really well and is in many out of comic things.
Also
>New Harley isn't worse than original Harley
Both design and personality was shit.
Have fun with pedo, slut child killer Harley. At least before she was just a fun Bimbo.

Deadpool is more popular than Harley and has been even before the movie

>they turned all their heroes into big deals
>this is what Marvel Drones actually believe
Pro tip
If they werent in a movie most people dont know who the fuck they are

>If they werent in a movie
I am talking about the ones in movies. We live in an age where Iron man and Thor are more well known than the Flash and Wonder woman.

>We live in an age where Iron man and Thor are more well known than the Flash and Wonder woman.
Seriously
Just stop
Its really really sad how delusional marvel drones are

>Marvel Drone
Nigger, I read exclusively DC. Sorry I am bringing up the fact that casuals are in love with Marvel.
Go back to Sup Forums if you want to have console war tier company loyalty fights faggot.

Because they are both street level heroes who face villains far out of their league.

Everyone know Iron Man now. RDJ made the name household. Thor probably isn't as big name but Iron man > Wonder Woman > Flash >Thor

in terms of popularity I mean, Thor is one of my personal favs from comics

I wish Batman was transported to a different earth where he is the only superhero. It would be far better for both Batman and DC as a whole.
He simply doesn't belong in the justice league outside of maybe a money man and IT guy and the fact that the rest of the JL exists means Batman should simply be asking Flash to come over every week or so and solve all of his problems for him in 5 minutes.

The entirety of the MCU was a risk, user. Do you honestly think people gave a fuck about Iron Man before RDJ? You think Captain America was anything less then a patriotic, Aquaman-tier laughingstock before that?

DC has no excuse at this point.

>Even Marvel realized that it's made up of more than Spiderman, Hulk and the xmen.

Literally because all they had left were B listers. Everybody else bought out what they thought would be worth something

This.
Wonder Woman, Flash, GL, ect were all far more popular than anyone Marvel had outside of 2 or 3 heroes. Now DC fucked up and Marvel's literally who's are more popular than characters who had the potential to be bigger than anyone in the Avengers.

Which in the end became a good thing for Marvel. Now instead of 3 heroes that they can milk they have nearly a dozen.

Teen Titans Go is successful. I don't like it but it's successful.

Then the new JL Action show is suppose to have appearances from other heroes like Firestorm and Seamp-Thing (if it ever actually comes out).

Then there's Arrow, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow that have all kinds of different heroes. Also Supergirl (hell, no one gives a shit about Supergirl and yet they keep her show alive).

Even Wonder Woman is getting her own movie.

*Mic Drop*

/thread

>*mic drop*
>/thread'ing your own post
I don't usually shit post like this, but this post makes me wish Tumblr would leave

That's ridiculous. He doesn't even appear in all of them. May as well say Superman has 8 books

TTGO is barely DC related considering the character rarely do Superhero things. It's basically it's own unrelated universe.
JL cartoon ain't out yet so we don't know if it will be bat wank central or not.
The only reason CW got arrow and flash is because warner wouldn't let them get the big 3.
WW is apart of the big 3 and the only reason she is even getting a movie is because they are trying to copy marvel.

>It's not Batman
>It's Batman's sidekick! Totally different!

>TTGO is barely DC related considering the character rarely do Superhero things.
So you're saying Deathstroke comics, Constantine comics, and Harley Quinn comics are not DC because they don't act like superheroes?

Supergirl isn't Superman. Is Titans a Batman book because Nightwings in it?

but NO X-MEN! THEY ALL HAVE TO BE ERASED

Those people aren't super heroes though but at least they deal with super heroes on a regular basis.

No but Nightwing is a batman comic because it's a solo comic trying to show us the life of Batman's successor. It would be like saying Wally's run was only Flash in name because it wasn't Barry.

Well, first of all I disagree the MCU was a risk at all. I don't get where this idea that Marvel were some cowboys charting unknown territory. Iron Man was not an expensive film and it and its sequel were such a success Avengers was guaranteed to at least make decent money.

Second, I'm not excusing DC's lack of effort, I'm explaining it. Once Marvel became a big hit with Avengers the movies immediately nosedived into safety and formulaity. I fail to see how the way they treat Iron Man is any different than how DC and WB treat Batman. Cap and Thor have gained quite a bit of recognition from the movies, yes, but nowhere near the level of Iron Man. There's a reason his helmet is all over everything.

Once you get roped in with a fiscally conservative multibillion dollar company like Disney and WB, your days of risk-taking are over.

Marvel literally bet all of Marvel that Iron man would succeed to pay damages if Iron man didn't succeed. They literally bet all of Marvel on a B list super hero.

That's happened at least a half dozen times now, and people keep falling for it.

this, it was Marvel's hail mary to bring in some much needed capital. It was either it succeed or they would have to continue to sell characters, but they didn't have any big ones left to sell

Which is why the UN just made female Thor and female Iron Maiden an ambassador, right? Because they are so much better known?

>Female Thor
Only people who know there is a female Thor are pissed off geeks.

>Second, I'm not excusing DC's lack of effort

The funny thing is "DC" has made more movies with their B list characters but they all sucked and after B&R the Bat brand was poisoned. It's why Eternal was scrapped and they didn't try anything until Nolan. Begins wasn't even that successful, Superman Returns made more.

The only reason Begins got a sequel and Returns did not was because it was critically acclaimed and more importantly was much cheaper to make. Begins was $150 mil while Returns cost $270

This taught them an important lesson that I wish other studios would take to heart: If you treat your characters like A-listers they can become A-listers.

DC doesn't make DC related movies whereas (at least until very recently) Marvel was directly at the helm of its cinematic universe, so this is a moot point.

I only saw one or two TTgo episodes, but it has more connections/references/easter eggs to the greater DCU than the original series ever did.

>people are retards that want to see everything "better than them" get dropped down to their miserable levels
>"yeahhh go beat up superman, batman. show him the strength of us humans XDDD"

>"DC" has made more movies with their B list characters but they all sucked
what?

>Green Lantern
>Catwoman
.....I'm sure I'm missing others but they are few compared to Marvel's B and C list movie record. Even go back to before the MCU you had more Marvel B list hero movies

>Daredevil
>Elektra
>Hulk
>Captain America

Constantine
Swamp Thing
Steel
Jonah Hex
The Losers
Supergirl

I could include others like Watchmen and V for Vendetta but what I mean is that these movies were made by one studio unlike what happened with Marvel

>swamp thing
what???? I'm guessing it wasn't good. But honestly I have never heard of half the movies on your list....

He had two movies. They were not good

>Batman and his side kick/rival superman?

Yeah they know they do, which is why they are making a movie called Justice League.

4/10 though you got me to respond.

>then supes again due to the success they had with smallville.
And even Smallville started out as a Batman project

>han just Batman and his side kick/rival superman?

This thread was b8 from the start

>Batman forming the JL
JUST!

>Justice league
>Being made by Batman
>Being operated by Batman

>Doesn't realize this is how DC treats Superman outside of his main comic line

Ollie doesn't really do that, he's rarely punching above his weight class like you see Batman do.

Terrible idea. Pick up a comic book sometime, lad.

>Batfag mad
I go to my local shop once a month.
Batman doesn't belong on the justice league. Literally any average villain that the rest of the JL members fight weekly would kill batman with their finger tip. A street level hero doesn't belong with gods.
It's also hard to believe Batman doesn't ask his buddies from JL to solve his issues for him.
>Joker has hostages!
>Time to give Supes or Flash a text lol

I like to believe his JL buddies refuse to step into Gotham so Batman doesn't go full autism rage.

>full autism
but he's permanently there

Well yeah, he's clearly autistic. But hasn't gone retard strong yet.

lol no

do you seriously believe Harley is more popular than Deadpool? Wake the fuck up. Deadpool was everywhere even before his movie (which was a far FAR bigger success than SS)

Superman fans are pretty annoying and self righteous, so I'm glad there's someone out there to humble them.

Time Warner owns DC comics. AT & T is looking to buy Time Warner. if it gets bought out, you will never see other characters because they'll just pump trinity bullshit non-fucking stop until they have a brand new excuse to pump out more trinity schlock after some big corporate conglomerate disney, etc etc etc

>that's just how the market works

money is also imaginary and infinite growth/profits is the ideology of cancer.

congratulations for being cancer, user.

The shit?
Harley was more well known before Deadpool.
However after the comics got a hold of her and went full retard she fell into absolute obscurity.
While Deadpool exploded in popularity.

Modern Harley Quinn is basically doing a poor impression of Deadpool and taking the gross pansexual thing seriously.

Deadpool existed as a comic character 1 year before Harley Quinn, buddy.

>harley quinn is a poor impression of deadpool
i agree with that. just some bullshit cheerleader sex object

Because D*sney didn't have the rights to the X-Men and Spider-Man. That's literally the only reason.

This.
DC already tries to promote many other heroes, but Batman constantly dominates their Top 5 best sellers.
Can't blame them

Deadpool wasn't popular till Kelly got a hold of him.
Before that he was that annoying random faggot in a stupid and boring as shit costume that literally everyone hated.

And Deadpool lite Harley quinn is quite a bit older then her SS version.
As a matter of fact the Arkham games and SOME of the current Quinn informs the SS movie version of her. They went with the good Timm Batman origin.

>They constantly promote guise!
>Like only making batman and superman films
>B-But they made one bad GL film!
>Oh and by making half of their runs batman
>Oh and making most of their solo shows batman
And look, it just so happens that if you give other people like Flash and Arrow attention they actually become popular, who would have guessed?

First, no they don't.
And second see

DC has been playing the game solo longer and more successfully. How they didn't figure it out before Marvel is beyond me

you guys are really just crazy, Harley Quinn is more popular than Thor or Iron Man, just look at the most bought costume for this year. With Wonder Woman as number 5, and not a single marvel character made it in the top ten.

cinemablend.com/news/1576190/of-course-harley-quinn-is-the-most-popular-halloween-costume-this-year-here-are-the-rest

Kill yourselves.

>B-but muh movies that no one can even remember what the plot was!
MCU is the new Avatar. Everyone hypes the fuck out of it, it sells, but it doesn't really have lasting power.

That's really it. Just make the movie good enough

they do, the problem is that usually it ends up in failure and people quickly forget

GL had a movie and a tv show + videogame
WW tried to have a tv show
Flash is now having a second tv show in his history
Constantine had one
Brave and the Bold was basically Batman showcasing dozens of different characters
a new JL show is coming out
etc.

this without counting all the movies already announced

I think you're talking about the flops that DC puts out

>Batman and Wonder Woman
>made to honor Superman who is basically Jesus in these movies and the JL will be his church

That is less than the amount of shows/cartoons Batman got.

I would kill my nation's president for Booster Gold becoming a thing in the CW verse. Or even in the main universe.

I would kill my nation's president regarldess.