What's your opinion on Scott Pilgrim?

What's your opinion on Scott Pilgrim?

Other urls found in this thread:

felixcomicart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=15786&ArtistId=572&From=Title
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Liked it in high school. Now really don't care.

It's not bad, just outgrew the theming and the humor.

tumblr-tier

Pretentious Hipster Bullshit

Literally who and why should I care?

I like it. I think it does "slice of life" really well.

I find the art really easy to masturbate to.

I wish there was a fetish artist aho could ape the style well.

I really like how much the first three books didnt give a fuck. Like how casually it's explained that vegans have psychic powers, or how subspace is treated like an everyday utility. Even in the writing, I think at one point Scott calls his friends 'retarded douchebags' or something similar.

I hope that Bryan Lee O'Malley continues not giving a fuck in his next book, but I'm pretty sure we lost him to tumblr at this point. I read through seconds and it was gut wrenchingly non-offensive.

Books 1, 2 and 4 were pretty good. 3 was decent but a little shitty. 5 and 6 were shitty.
But it has cute girls and dank reaction images so I rate 6/10 overall.
Envy Adams and Ramona Flowers tie for best girl for different reasons.
Fight me, kimfags.

Dumping dank reaction images..

Incredibly relevant when I was younger. Now I hate everyone.

Overrated tripe that got popular because of a vacuum of shit at the time.

Exactly the same as Harry Potter.

Are you me?

It more or less captured my early 20s perfectly.

It spoke to me in a way few pieces of fiction have.

Oh fuck, wrong image

I liked it but
is right. It attracts some dumb fans. You got those hipster guys out here searching for their "Ramona"

'He's such an asshole that the negative version of him is a nice guy.'

>hipsters searching for their Ramona=Cancer
Its called girlfriend you fucks.

I hate everything about it, dont find it funny or cute or relatable in anyway

Ur waifu is shit.
>bu-
SHIIIIIIT

There are even two endings, one of which have him getting back with Knives.

>that filename

I mean like they want a quirky dream girl who is similar to Ramona.

First 4 books are fun. Ending is convoluted and uninspired. Movie is ok. Game and its soundtrack is amazing, so it all balances out.

Overall, Scott Pilgrim will always be the normie choice because of all the video game stuff, but I think Lost at Sea is the most satisfying read, and Seconds is the most visually interesting.

I don't think anyone is called "retarded", but I'm pretty sure "douchebag" was said at least once or twice, and Scott called Todd a chode during the last fight.

essentially what happens when you think with the wrong head.

Checking my book, it's (in the uncolored version) the page right after the bass battle starts.

>"If you're so good at bass, why are you still zapping me with psychic powers, you chode?"

There IS a difference between Ramona and the word Girlfriend.
Scott having neither should've been canon.

though you gotta admit the battle of the bands was cool af

> I only watched the movie

>battle of the bands was in the movie

It was cringy, just like the rest of the movie and all the game references in the books

I throughly enjoyed it. Movie was okay, I remember the books being pretty great. Never got to play the game.

Ramona is the best girl because characters like that are more relatable to me.

Like what? Overly dramatic time sucks?

can we agree the 1up in real life was bullshit

I mean, I know that video game logic and shit but cmon man, just die.

I think it's excusable when compared to 'emotional warfare'

No, 1up irl is bullshit I don't give a fuck

Yeah, it was bullshit
But I guess it was MORE bullshit in the movie, with all the time-rewinding crap

I don't get one, nobody else got one, Scott don't be a fucking cheater.
I wonder what would happen if he hadn't died.

Yeah, it was an arcade game, he should've just restarted the boss.

I wish I had played the game ;_;

Basically every fight Scott has is a deus ex machina

>Scott survives fighting Lucas by daring him to skateboard down an incredibly steep railing
>Envy is stopped from killing Ramona and Knives because Scott makes her cum
>Vegan Police coming in to stop Todd (Scott even calls it a deus ex machina)
>Roxy's death was just a Ninja Gaiden reference

I don't think you were ever supposed to take the fights that seriously, they're really just background to give the slice of life and drama some backing.

I mean he was getting points and it announced stages and bosses, I assumed it was a arcade fighting game.

>Envy is stopped from killing Ramona and Knives because Scott makes her cum
Mild curiosity.

Holy Shit I never realized that.

You had my curiosity, now you have my attention.

I was refering to the xbox/ps3 game, not When she touched the back of her knee

Ramona and Knives are about to get crushed by Envy's hammer (she stole it from Ramona), and before she can, Scott touches the back of her knee. It's a really sensual place for her, and she shudders with delight and collapses on the floor (Scott knows this because they used to date)

>Scott survives fighting Lucas by daring him to skateboard down an incredibly steep railing
Stupidity-ex-machina

I liked Chris Evans as Lucas
Otherwise, the movie was shit

If only it were that easy with every girl.

>Ramona Flowers
>best girl
I don't think you read the books at all.

HIPSTER
GARBAGE

An asshole for an asshole. Seems fair

I agree, but he didn't say who was the best girl for Scott, he said best girl.

Loved it in high school, and now that I'm 20 I'll probaby reread it and relate to scott more than I'd like

Cancerous normie fanbase like has been mentioned

I read Lost At Sea but don't remember it that well, should probably reread it. Do you guys recommend his other stuff?

>Envy Adams
>Tied
>With Ramona Flowers

One is a professional who has talent and works hard. She is emotionally stable herself and is not self-deluded. Not perfect but certainly at least a good person.

The other is, in Universe, known to be as much as a scum-of-the-Earth, infantile mess as Scott.

You must be some masochist because I've date women like Ramona before and the emotional edge begins to give way to annoyance

Well there's a big one between Scott and the Twins

>Lucas
Damnit man.
Don't remind me about Best Boy (Tying participant with Wallace Wells)

Kim was criminally underrated
She should've ended up with Knives

>Only a few good lewds of her on the internet

JUST

>implying she didn't
If the video game endings are anything to get off of

Like it for the lewd fan art.

Speaking of which post some

My headcanon is Gideon can use The Glow to grant people the ability to respawn and for whatever reason gave Todd two

I love everything Bryan makes too much for my own good, but it definitely seems he gets more tumblr with each release as other anons said.
I've read and own Lost at Sea, all of Scott Pilgrim, Seconds, all of the Snotgirls that have come out so far.
New characters for Worst World look cool and I'm excited to read when it's finished.
Is it bad I want to buy some of this stuff help me please?
felixcomicart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=15786&ArtistId=572&From=Title
Hazel is best girl
best in Scott Pilgrim series is probably Kim or Lisa

Wasn't another Bryan stuff on the works? Or is it out already? "Worst World" or something like that

Worst World is set for release some time in 2017 I'm pretty sure

I find Bryan Lee O'Malley and ONE as inspirations to one day get into the fantasy inspired real-life comics.

I've almost got the writing prowess down, I just need to do enough drawing to where I can find a suitable style that fits the aesthetic I want to get into.

Good luck with that, man!

I first read it when I was 14 and tried to dress like Ramona through high school

Lisa is more underrated if anything

I would suggest just going for it. Start drawing comics, maybe show them maybe don't, but don't just do figure drawing because layout and other skills inherent to comics are very important too.

You'll create a tone of bad ideas before making a good one, so just start working them out.

Bland shit aimed at normies

Awesome comic but incredibly disappointing movie

>Michael Cera in full awkward beta mode playing badass Scott

WHO WRITES THIS SHIT?

I've never read it.
Back when it was a hot shit, I was a young teenager, and I've read mostly X-Men, Batman from capes, and was discovering Moore and Morrison's work, as well as Hellboy

Nowadays I think it was a cancer purely because of being a weaboo shit (still didn't read it, it's just an impression I get after looking at the art)

It's shit from beginning to end. I still don't understand why I read the whole thing.

Worst thing: O'Malley's retarded refusal to commit fully to the fantastic elements, with the O SHIT WHAT A TWEEEST reveal that some of Scott's memories are wrong etcetera at the same time as some things clearly can't be read metaphorically

Scott Pilgrims, is that the show that girl Amy Rose killed is from?

moar

I found it quite enjoyable. Everyone acted like jerks at times but I never feeler like they crossed the line. Especially loved the reasoning and explanation they give behind Nega Scott. Found that to be a clever take on the whole "Dark Clone" cliche.

Im excited for Worst World.

I have Aubrey as my phone bg
I love her already

Are you me?

Garbage. How popular is it really? I don't see why anyone would like it.

I mean probably.
I already have a giant folder on my computer with every drawing I could find of her

BROTHER?

If you take the "happy ending" as lesson in what not to do with your life, and try to understand Scott as the biggest example of what a loser you can be if you give in to your inner nerd-hipster modern combo, it is an awesome book.

If you take it as the author intended, well, I have bad news for you.

I fall in love with everything Bryan draws

>Ctrl F
>Wallace
>One mention
BEST GIRL