So this trailer.. they still know how to hit the heart strings

so this trailer.. they still know how to hit the heart strings.

youtube.com/watch?v=q-5BfYY3DrM

Isn't this supposed to be about disney and final fantasy characters.

what cartoon is this

>that ending

The Final Fantasy characters have been taking a backseat to the OCs and Disney for a while now.

Why is this series so fucking convoluted?

Who are these people?

Why are there no decent lewds of Aqua?

They'll be back in KH3, I heard.

>that remix
Christ how awful.

Yeah, of course they will, but chances are they'll still only really appear in the Coliseum and Hollow Bastion/Twilight town/Traverse town, and no one but Leon/Squall will have any plot relevance whatsoever.

Hercules is coming back as a world, but not the Coliseum.

They're finally doing "Hades assaults Mount Olympus using the Titans" as a world plot for Hercules.

these are the predecessors to the main cast, in a game set 10 years before the 1st game.

even their names are similar to the main cast in meaning, Aqua, Terra and Ventus (sky), which Riku (earth) Kairi (water) and Sora (Sky) allude to each other.

in their game the same sort of shit that befalls Riku/Sora/Kairi befalls these 3, but much worse, Terra falls to darkness and is posessed by the main bad guy, Ventus is torn apart by all the people fucking with his Heart, and Aqua is thrown into the World of Darkness when she sacrifices herself for her friends.

this entire story is summed up in that video.

They'll have some equivalent to the Coliseum, they need some place to stick all of their bosses and waves of heartless. Skippable shit meant for religious players. Besides, the coliseum has been in EVERY game, even BBS, Days, and recoded, some form of it will remain.

That said, I am glad that the titan plot is finally coming around. That world will be boss battle central and it will be glorious.

>when Mickey comes in and saves the day, and the scene just after with the friends reuniting.

don't do this to me game, not you, stop.

This goddamned series had better conclude before I die. If not, I'll be forced to haunt the earth, waiting for closure.

KH3 is the ending of the Xehanort Saga, but Nomura wants to keep making more after that.

>Then Xehanort comes and rips them apart again

foreshadowing that Aqua will get lost again saving them in 3?

>This goddamned series had better conclude before I die
It won't, we still gotta wait for Kingdom Hearts 3 final mix and it's secret ending that reveals whole new levels of bull shit. Get ready to play as Sora's kid who also just happens to looks like Roxas

it was just symbolizing what happened to them by the end of BBS.

KH3 better have a huge, sappy happy ending. I'm tired of these lead-up games making me depressed at the end.

Aqua is cute! CUTE!

i want to protect her smile

I've only played Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. I feel so lost. So... very lost. even if I buy the 1.5 and 2.5 for PS4, and get this 2.8, I don't even know what order to play all of this shit in anymore. Hell, 2.8 is getting released before 1.5 and 2.5. Some of the later games are prequels chronologically. Should I play those first? God dammit.

For fuck sake, How many kingdom hearts video games already ??

I only play Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2

Play them in the order they are on the disc. If you don't, then playing the games in release order works.

The nice thing about some of the more recent games is that they've been including in-game summaries of what happened in other games to help you keep up with the story.

So, when 2.8 comes out in January, should I hold off until March when 1.5 and 2.5 gets released on PS4, and play those first?

If you want. Or you could get 1.5 and 2.5 on the PS3 if you have one. They'll be the same games between the PS3 and 4, just repackaged into one box for the PS4. The order you'd want to play regardless is 1.5, then 2.5, then 2.8, then 3.

I wonder if they'll ever re-introduce the Gummi blocks? I've always liked the idea that the Great Gummis continued to develop their magic/science in advance of humans, to the point where they traveled the multiverse before humans, and left behind the Gummi blocks so that we could one day do the same. That's my headcanon, your mileage may vary.

Just get the Upcoming PS4 bundle. Play the games in the order they're in ingame, and if their are things you still don't get just search the web. Most of the series' major questions have been answered by dedicated fans.

One of these days, I should make a chart of characters that cross over from one KH game to another. I figure I'll need to make it a Ven diagram.

At the current rate he's finishing the series, I don't think he has to worry about that

whens 3 coming out? 2018? I wish it would come out next year for the 15th but oh well

How many Sora's we have now, anyway? last time it was 5.

she can protect it herself

>sora
>Namine
>Roxas
>Ven
>Vanitas
>Xion

Wait... how many 'heroes of light' are there supposed to be? 7? Sora could almost field that team himself now.

>Sora
>Roxas
>Ventus
>Vanitas
>Data-Sora
Yeah, 5 is right. Anyways, here's a lovely picture of the Destiny Islands

>Namine
Que? She's as much Sora as Minnie is

Namine is Kairi's Nobody ya dingus

Namine isn't a true Sora.

She's a super special nobody. She's made from Sora's "body" but only in some weird way where the "World" decided to use his body as a substitute for the condition of >If body does not disappear create nobody

7 then?

she came from sora's body. she's like sora and kairi's kid

forgot data sora. so I guess we do have 7

7 but vanitas is pure darkness

That is a nice picture of destiny islands. it reminds me of my favorite kh girl, pic related

she's kairi's nobody. She has nothing to do with sora's body.

I FUCKING HATE THE LORE, AESTHETIC, AND FANS OF THIS FRANCHISE

she kinda does. she was made when sora became a nobody with kairi's heart. but kairi's body was still around, and the heart returned to it. she is both of their nobodies. mostly kairi but some sora

Kingdom Hearts IV confirmed to be another case of FF-Versus XIII. Given how long it's taking to get III made the next one will take 20 years :(

>Haha! Pretty soon the Budokai Tenkaichi will be over, and one will reign supreme! I'll then steal the heart of the winner and transplant my own into him, and no one will be the wiser! Just as keikaku!

Think of it like the heart is what imprints a personality/character/intention/whatever upon the Nobody

Not that guy
I mean, it makes sense for me, because I've been in this series from the get go, but still. Pic related

but sora didn't become a heartless with kairi's heart. He removed his own heart at the same time as kairi's, which allowed kairi's heart to return to her body. But because sora became a heartless with two hearts inside him, he formed 2 nobodies, one out of kairi's heart, one out of his own.

isn't that how it happened? namine is kairi, roxas is sora/ventus. namine isn't really part sora, she's kairi, but because of their closeness, namine was still super aware of everything sora.

KH3 took so long because for this entire time, the Kingdom Hearts team was assigned to work on VS13/15. It would've been out years ago had it not been for that game and it's hellish dev cycle.

VS13?

Final Fantasy Versus XII

C'mon, in the post he quoted, they literally say Versus-XIII

Final Fantasy VS13. It got rebranded as Final Fantasy 15 a few years ago.

Vidal Sassoon 13. It's how all these Squaresoft characters maintain their wacky hair.

yeah but like you yourself said he formed 2 nobodies. one is more kairi, but namine came from sora losing his hearts

Didn't he also have Ven's heart in him. does ven have a nobody running around too?

that was why roxas looked identical to ven.

so where was sora's nobody if two of the hearts in sora made nobodies then shouldn't the third?

At the rate it's going, Sora's true nobody will turn out to be Ansem.

DON'T GIVE NOMURA IDEAS.

which one?

Ansem The Confusing.

The one that is secretly Sora.
Or maybe it's just Riku.

>Ansem the Wise was Sora's true Nobody sent back in time all along.
so he was a self hating nobody?

>this whole thread

As someone that only ever played KH 1 and 2 how fucking lost am I going to be when 3 eventually comes out having never played any of the fucking bazillion spin-offs?

pretty lost. bbs and ddd are pretty critical

Literally buy 1.5 and 2.5 and go watch/play through everything there. Then go jailbreak your 3DS and get DDD.

just wait till 2.8

Isn't DDD remastered in 2.8?

Is it?
Man I don't even know.

Completely irrevocably lost. It's like reading a chronological book series, reading the first and third book, then skipping ahead to the seventh book.

Yeah, then Neville Longbottom turns out to be a badass, and you're like, "What the fuck?!"

it is. 2.8 is ddd remastered, aqua's story, and cutscenes from KHX

But all the other games are just spin offs aren't they? They shouldn't really have that much impact on the main numbered series?

You're adorable, user.
Absolutely adorable.

>KHX
This one is news to me. Is it another spin-off game?

Literally only Kingdom Hearts: Coded is like this. Every other game is significant to the story. Just because they don't have a single digit at the end doesn't mean they aren't important.

>you will never see Willa Holland getting railed in an Aqua costume

... this kills me more than it should.

It was a browser game that took place WAY in the past, and is about the "keyblade war" that gets mentioned in other games. It's important story bits have been made into an animated movie for the 2.8 compilation.

So according to IGN the 1.5 and 2.5 PS4 ReMIX's will contain the following 6 games
>Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
>Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
>Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (HD remastered cinematics)
>Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix
>Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
>Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
Then 2.8 will contain 3 games
>Dream Drop Distance
>Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover
>Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep–A Fragmentary Passage
but the wiki page says that
>Back Cover and A Fragmentary Passage will be the ninth and tenth installments in the Kingdom Hearts series
but I only count 9. Is there one missing from the 3 collections?

Is it in English and/or still running? I might check it out.

Man Aqua is like the only good character to come out of everything past the first game.

And being her is suffering. Absolute suffering.

Freemium game for the phones. Takes place a few hundred, if not 1000 years before the main series (but there's some timey wimey bullshit) where the keybladers are like Jedi. Then sith hits the fan

Yep. It's called Unchained X in english, but it's the same game. You can play it on mobile devices.

Eh, BBS as a whole was on par with one.

Well that dumb as shit. Why the fuck would they spread games that're all vitally important to the story over 7 or 8 different consoles? (until the collections)

Uh... sure.

>It was a browser game
Isn't it on android and ios as well now?

Because the main team got sent to work on Final Fantasy Vs 13 for ten billion years, and square made them re-start the project about twice during development. The other games got put out by a side team as a way of saying "I'm sorry, we know, have some smaller entries in the meanwhile".

So they could make a lot of money. Simple, right?

Yeah but that could've made them just that....side games that don't really effect the overall story in a significant way.

"Hey, this game doesn't matter and isn't important at all. You should totally play it though."

Okay, sure.

They would've made the same amount of money if they kept them all on one system. If they put BBS out on ps3 instead of psp it would've made them more.

Nah. Not really. If they have a story to tell, then they want to tell it. Even if it's necessary to jump consoles.

>implying they're not pulling the story out of their ass as they go along

Except they're re-releasing them on one console and making money (again)
so it doesn't matter
quit your bitching