The Lion Guard

Will this be the episode that finally gets Sup Forums talking about this show, or does everybody here hate Lion King 2 as well?

>When Jasiri asks the Lion Guard for help, they must choose whether to side with the hyenas or the lions.

>*Andy Dick, Lacey Chabert, Jason Marsden and Suzanne Pleshette reprise their roles from “The Lion King 2: Simba’s Pride” as Nuka, Vitani, Kovu and Zira, respectively.

Zira's voice actress is dead, so I guess they're going to re-use audio, or maybe the credit was merely meant to do her honor.

You don't think Disney has the resources to dig up the corpses of dead actors and make them voice new lines for a children's cartoon?

>Andy Dick

Why? And how does Andy Dick get any work anymore?

So is it old Vitani or young Vitani? I'm not sure what the timeline for this show is.

Also has the MC fucked that hyena yet? Or gotten fucked by that hyena yet?

I get its a kid show, I just don't understand why they went for little kids. Considering the source material and the implied lore, they could have gone a lot darker. Why'd they make it for little kids? Will they spin off to a show where its darker and has adolescent Kion going off to parts unknown?

I'm just waiting for the episode where Kion turns evil.

...What? Why do you THINK he wasn't mentioned in Simba's Pride, apart from the fact that he didn't exist yet? Kion became the Lion King version of Coriolanus, got himself banished, and that's why no one likes to talk about him.

>Andy Dick

NOPE.

there is a moment in the first episode where Kiara asks Kion what he plans to be when he grows up and he looks at her with a Scar like smile and says happy.

Then later we find out that Scar went crazy and used the roar to kill the lion guard. That's Kion's greatest fear, that he will become like Scar and use the roar to hurt his friends.

He befriends a Hyena, which his father would be pissed about.

I've been hoping that Kion gets tempted by darkness

I think in the end he will leave himself

And then he summons the Heartless to the Pridelands.

Jasiri coming back? Fuck ya. When is this?

so are yenas the niggers of the savana?

Wait....this series is set Before Lion King 2? What's their excuse for Kion never being mentioned in 2?

It hasn't been explained, if it ever will, but I like to think he eventually betrays the Pride Lands and gets banished.

IRL male lions get kicked the fuck out when they're teenagers (in lion years). So that's not so weird, you just have to know this obscure lion fact to make sense of it.

No I actually liked The Lion King 2.
Except upendi, god that was awful.

Why are these actors reprising their roles for a little kids show?

Never if TLK 2 messed up the lore a bit, it was still a good movie. Furthermore, fans were able to formulate their head canon on what happened between the two movies. In the end, TLK 2 revitalized a dead franchise back then.

But this? How can anyone take this shit seriously? Fuck you Disney. This shit should be made non canon

>TLK 2 revitalized a dead franchise back then.
No it didn't.
Most people hated it.

November 12th.

Suzanne Pleshette reprising Zira would be a feat...since she's been dead for close to a decade now...

He voiced Nuka in The Lion KIng 2. It was his role. They gave it back to him.

I fucking hate LK2.

Kind of late to the point on that one. As stated, they may re-use whatever audio they can salvage from the second movie. I wouldn't expect her to say much in that case, but it is what it is.