'GAB': The New anti-Twitter Free Speech based Platform

breitbart.com/tech/2016/08/23/meet-the-ceo-of-gab-the-free-speech-alternative-to-twitter/

>I recently got the chance to sit down and talk to Andrew Torba, CEO of Gab.ai, a new freedom of speech-focused social network. Though the Twitter-style network was only launched last Monday and is still very much in early beta, thousands of people are currently waiting in line for an invitation to the service, which aims to act as a shelter for freedom of speech and expression.

Do you guys think this will catch on? The logo is Litterally PEPE...

Why are none of you supporting or promoting this???

BUMP..

>NB4 NEET Sanctuary
>NB4 Safespace for racists

because we're not attention whores, that's why we post on an anonymous board you dumb cunt.

Those services always start out that way but end up clamping down on speech when it comes time to monetize.

Point is that there will always be a normie social media outlet. Problem is the main one happens to censor free speech and is controlled by SJW admin.

There needs to be a fair and balanced social media that will not censor free speech...and the more power and support we through behind alternative social media...the faster the anti-liberty social media will lose subscribers and will naturally die off.

Internet might be the last place for us to prove libertarian market self-correction... This is an alternative to Twitter.

Impossible. Too much conflict between local laws and the internet. It's illegal to post hate speech in Germanistan and Britaq so I don't see how this is will be any different from Twitter. All someone has to do is report you to the po-po and then you'll be slammed again. This problem is beyond Twitter and the likes of Gab. Freedom of speech is a liberty that no longer exists beyond truly anonymous boards.

>be on Gab website
>get a notification
>*ribbit*

As you can see, Twitter is suffering due to that now.

What got Twitter it's massive user base was the fact that it was simple, free and not muzzled. As that appeal erodes, it leaves room for others to come in and claim it....

As far as monitizing the platform, that's something that the free market has to figure out. It could be that Twitter, Youtube and Facebook prove that people place an actual value on freedom from censorship...

When eyeballs shift from one platform to another, those eyeballs will be coveted by the markets and will migrate to them.

Twitter has never made money though. Like a lot of web 2.0 sites it has struggled to actually turn a profit. Going full SJW was a just another hail mary.

Lord Kek endorses this faithful invention.

you asked why none are promoting this. I gave you an answer.

I am not some social engineer bent on red-pilling normies like you appear to be.

>Why are none of you supporting or promoting this???
Success is not that easy now like it was when Twitter and Kikebook were launched, now there are better options but those two still have a good base of long time users, plus the most webs support their use, even when Twitter has turned into SJW censorship central.

Report him for add fagging. He should buy add space like everyone else.

BTW, will NEVER use your service

SAGE

I've been gabbing for two weeks.

Twitter is still an entertaining site that has applications built for an insane amount of platforms and there is no way this site will get populated with enough good users to become entertaining because twitter is censoring a tiny sliver of their entire userbase.

This platform will crash and burn because it doesn't solve a problem for anybody but the extremely small fraction of twitters users that followed banned users and getting the critical mass to make a social networking site succeed is a massive undertaking. Google couldn't manage it.

>Going full SJW was a just another hail mary.
not really, its that the SJWs just want to get their message out, at all costs. They they are like suicide bombers, they believe that their work is god's work and that the message is the most important thing, even if it kills their company, breaks up their family, ruins their own life.

SJWs achieve this with the 'diversity in tech' meme. They bitch and bitch that tech companies are 'too white, too male'. The company gives in a bit and hires a token 'diversity officer'. That's the beginning of the end.

The diversity officer will focus on HR issues, which the company won't notice at first, since they are concerned with the provision of services. HR stays hiring more and more unqualified SJWs (which are supported by compliant nu-males), who proceed to run the company into the ground. They move on like locusts to the next host.

SJW infiltration is real. It's not a conspiracy, or hyper-organised, it's just their religious-imperative to do such things.

The moral is to never give into SJW demands, never take 'diversity' complaints seriously, and never ever ever give the diversity officer any real power for hires.

don't think it will be able to compete with twitter, but I'll definitly give it a try

i was the 250th person to join Gab

what are its user laws on antisemitism...I am asking for a friend...

Joined.

>Do you guys think this will catch on?
Not with that name.

your fucking embarrassing af, you need to Get a life bro and move out of mommys house.

Like the reason twitter itself is increasingly censoring users is because of a general push towards monetization. Twitter still hasn't even proved that the site can survive based on funding from its own users. Gab is copying a concept well past its prime, with no userbase or real money behind it, and somehow they're going to be able to have a user supported platform where twitter failed just because they have differant administrators and moderators. I don't buy it.

What replaces twitter isn't going to be a carbon copy of twitter with differant people running it, it's going to be something none of us really can quite envision right now that's actually new. As much as Sup Forums claims twitter is censored to stasi-like levels, not all that many users there actually get banned, and I don't see how a pledge to invite a tiny fraction of users not welcome on twitter is going to make Gab viable. I just don't think the moderation/administration on twitter is SO bad that you can just copy twitter, put in differant admins/moderators, and print money. Literally twitter could just change their policies and crush Gab if their assumption that twitters censorship was a huge problem that is going to cause a mass exodus from the site was correct.

Also

>Gab empowers users to self-censor and remove unwanted followers, words, phrases, and topics they don’t want to see in their feeds to help stop and prevent different forms harassment.

I think people don't realize that self-censorship can be just as bad or worse than censorship by the website administrators, it creates echo chambers.

Stop shilling your shit here

>SJW infiltration is real. It's not a conspiracy, or hyper-organised, it's just their religious-imperative to do such things.
It's just millenials with some diversity gender studies shit out of college getting jobs.

So, this is like 8/pol/ but for twitter?

>Media publication shills new proprietary product no one has ever heard of

Yeah definitely worth giving it a shot
[ \ >

Like the reason WHY people like Milo were popular in the first place was largely that they antagonized SJWs on the site. This site is designed around a model of keeping people with differant beliefs in differant bubbles and letting them self-moderate rather than trying to create a global moderation policy. People will go onto the site, talk about the jews with eachother, laugh, and then get bored because there is nobody but white supremacists using gab. Twitter was popular largely because you saw Notch arguing with SJWs that if they say the term "mansplaining" he should be able to use the term "cuntfusion".

Basically fuck this idea it's shit.

Will you guys be kind enough and pls support this innovative creation so that someone can get rich by appealing to the new freshly popular "alt-right", guys?

>PEPE AS THE LOGO
YES! YES! YES GOD LET THIS BE REAL

Although desu this

>trailing ellipses
>excessive use of the question mark

You're not fooling me, Torba.

This. Why would I use a service that is another closed network when there are tons of federated microblog alternatives on gnusocial - like GS.smuglo.li or shitposter.club

Having a federated network ensures anyone can start a server and still communicate with everyone else in the federation... So no one gets silenced. Stop sucking the cocks of these media backed closed networks

finally retards will GTFO Twitter
nice move GAB
good riddance
in before terrorist haven

>Supporting Twitter
Twitter will bomb because of your kind, Mohammed.

low tier bantz Hasseeb
you'd rather hang out with nazis and muslims, that's your choice
containment sites are necessary
I hope you'll enjoy your cultural enrichment

Twitter has been culturally enriched from the start, Mohammed.

kk Pakistashit
I crap on your prophet's head
dumb degenerate godfag

Nice try, but I'm Somali you silly Algerian. Stop denying your religion of birth.

This

The only proper alternative would be a free and open source p2p network. Mixing freedom of speech with business never seems to work out too well in the end fot the freedom aspect.

you're so resillient Hasseeb
and you think everybody is a muslim
that's why you need to 'go'
people in Europe will resist, only retards enjoy religion's retardation, try to understand that

>andrew torba
polaks fighting the good fight