Put tap water a bowl

>put tap water a bowl
>put fish in bowl
>fish fucking dies
>you drink the same fucking water!

The fish dies because oxygen m8
But yes, nobody should drink tap water

Just buy the water filters, man! High quality products, which help fund our operation!

I only drink well water

>i'm a fish
mind blown

i drink the water, the fish breathes it. and lives in it.

>throw fish on the floor
>it dies
>you breathe the same fucking oxygen!

This is exactly why I only drink Mountain Dew

Wow, really makes you think

Wow, fish aren't meant to live in fluoride. Really makes you thunk.
> off topic and Sup Forums tier threads will be deleted.

Mods are you even around?

>well water
>not spring

> Not drinking water melted from a glacier...

>mfw can safely drink tap water

why the fuck would you drink water if you're not poor

>drinking st8 out the tap

Isn't bottled water just tap water, but put in a bottle?

Might as well drink piss instead.

>Put pond water in a bowl
>Make human drink from bowl
>Human fucking dies
>The fish lives in the same water!

underrated post kek

>Might as well drink piss instead.

>implying I dont.

Delicious water from alps-spring.
The best part, the limestone filters also deposit a good amount of chalk into the water, causing bowel-problems to any invaders unaccustomed to it!

really? then what kind of water do muricans put their fish in? sea water only? where do goldfishy go?

it's usually filtered and they add minerals

>not drinking water from the underground, filtered by mother earth

You Americans are so fucking gullible to corporate advertising. You're like children!

Reminder that in civilized countries, the chemical makeup of your tap water should be available online or my phoning your local water treatment plant.
If you are some delusional cuck that thinks the government is poisoning you, but you won't even bother to check the facts then you should just delete your Sup Forums account right now.

>$currentyear
>not drinking fish

Underrated

>2016
>not drinking your mothers milk which was designed specifically for you and has all nutrients
Plebs

>you drink the same fucking water
Like out the toilet?

oh memories

guess what
>plant a cannabis seedling
>water it with tap water
>it dies
>germinate another seed
>plant it
>water it using water from 5l plaster jug from a store
>harvest a great yield
>continue drinking tap water myself
true story

Tap water has chlorine and chloramines that are deadly to a fish. This is why they specifically sell additives to remove these chemicals before adding fish.

Also, goldfish are the absolute last fish that should be kept in a bowl without filtration. They are absolutely nasty.

>put tap water in tank
>pump air in tank
>put fish in tank
>fish lives
>you drink the same fucking water!
hmmm rly makes u think

He at least got it back

>submerse yourself underwater
>drown
>WOOOOOOW FUCKING FISH

What are the additives? Formaldehyde?

DRINK THE WATER GOYIM

Hmmmmmm really makes my brain do things

>fish still dies from chlorine

At least here the bottled water you buy comes from a spring, they are forced to disclose which spring.

FRESNO, Calif. -- In a trailer park tucked among irrigated orchards that help make California's San Joaquin Valley the richest farm region in the world, 16-year-old Giselle Alvarez, one of the few English-speakers in the community of farmworkers, puzzles over the notices posted on front doors: There's a danger in their drinking water.

Uranium, the notices warn, tests at a level considered unsafe by federal and state standards. The law requires the park's owner to post the warnings. But they are awkwardly worded and mostly in English, a language few of the park's dozens of Spanish-speaking families can read.

>I use tap water to fucking breathe

"It says you can drink the water - but if you drink the water over a period of time, you can get cancer," said Alvarez, whose working-class family has no choice but keep drinking and cooking with the tainted tap water. "They really don't explain."

Uranium, the stuff of nuclear fuel for power plants and atom bombs, increasingly is showing in drinking water systems in major farming regions of the U.S. West - a natural though unexpected byproduct of irrigation, drought, and the overpumping of natural underground water reserves.

Do they have the radiation symbol on them?

Anybody who lives in the US and
1. Does not speak our language
2. Didn't learn about nuclear physics in school

Probably deserves to be irradiated.

>Everybody who has died has breathed oxygen

BAN OXYGEN NOW

Bottled water in Finland is water that is collected closer to a source, so it doesn't travel in old pipes for miles before reaching your apartment.

Our language ha ha good luck America has the second highest Spanish speaking population in the world. California is reaching 80 percent mexican. But ya the local water is fucked and has way more then just uranium in it.

>Put water in tank.
>Cycle the tank to establish biological filter (ie. bacteria) that turn toxic ammonia into relatively harmless nitrates. (This is either done using hardy fish like zebra danios, or using pure ammonia, water testing, and water changes if needed). It's a process that takes anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks...
>Put fish in tank.
>Fish lives out it's natural lifespan and probably longer unless some disease kills it.

>Put fish in bowl.
>Fish excretes ammonia.
>Bowl will never establish a nitrogen cycle due to small water volume and stagnant water.
>Fish dies. Some hardy ones might scrape by for a while. Bettas can take up years of abuse but that doesn't make it right.

Oxygen isn't really an issue unless you stack carp one on top of another in a vat of water. It's ammonia that kills fish.

T. Aquarist

I only buy bottped water that says "natural mountain spring water".

>(((MR. NOTTAGOY)))
>YES...YESSSSSS ITS FROM A MOUNTAIN SPRING GOY
>WE SEND GI JOES IN WATER COLLECTING AIRCRAFTS THAT SUCK UP THE STREAMS AND THEN SHOOT A PERFECT 500 mL into a plastic bottle and cap it right on site.

I don't care what they speak, but if they can't speak English then they obviously can't read the laws or anything, so it's a clear sign that they are human garbage and they should go back.

You put water in the glass, you drink the water, fishes goes in the water, our fish.

Nope they cannot read Spanish either, but their population has exploded here nonetheless. Are you willing to help lead them out of America?

>tfw jew york
>tfw have best tap water
>comes straight from the mountains upstate
>dont need filtration, minimal filtration is good enough to remove anything nasty

its quite something when you go somewhere like florida and their water tastes like complete ass because it's ground well water

the fish doesn't die from drinking the water retard.

this guy gets it.
always felt bad for those bettas in the little half gallon bowls. or when you walk past them in walmart theyre in the little cup and 3/4 of them are dead.
walmart should just stop selling fish 2bh

>tfw tap water is delicious refreshing potable non-fluoridated water

>>put fish in bowl
>bowl

You must live in BC

Not really. I'd rather just set up economic incentives from afar to make it less attractive for parasites, and maybe give away some of my income to create jobs for people to take care of it for me.

Wtf I hate OP now.

This is the post that should have ended this thread

t. aquaponic farmer

The point of my post was to illustrate just how bad the drinking water is in most municipalities. But annon here only read the part where the people affected in the story were Mexican. guess what they are the majority now so most stories in the news feature them.

>his tap water does not come from a well without chemicals
Such is life in United States of Cucks.

Yep

I'm a lot heartier than a fish. My Dad ran through alcohol, drugs, and cigs like nothing and it took 50 years to stop him from breathing. Humans are hard to kill.

Officially the most retarded post i've seen on Sup Forums

I keep a 29 gallon sorority tank of bettas. Have 12 females in there. They're happy little buggers. Would really love to get some awesome looking male but I'd need to set up a second tank for him and my room is already stretched for room.

I was thinking of getting a 20 gal long and splitting it 4 ways for 4 male bettas giving each 5 gallons.

That's the problem with males. They hate other bettas. They hate fish that look like bettas, and anything semi-aggressive or nippy will murder them. You could keep them in a community tank but your options then get severely limited.

really grinds my gears

Ya let's take a look at how that has been working. Come to America get free health care, free school, free child care, free drivers licence, free house. But apparently undrinkable water.

Well we have to get rid of the world's surplus population somehow.

I already bought your filters Alex. Calm the fuck down

>betas hate other betas
As if we didn't know that already

I thought the fish turns gay.

IT TURNS THE FOGS GAY

YOU ARE THE ANTIKEK

I work in the water treatment biz down here in FL. The city water in this county contains about twice the average level of chlorine found in swimming pools. Not to mention a high concentration of recycled pharmaceuticals and lead. You would be better off with the shitty well water.

What is the EC of your tap water?

>5
I've tried this experiment a few times:

take an empty bottle.
Fill it with tap water.
Wait one hour or two.
Smell it.

I've done it in two different locations so far. Not sure what they put in the water, but it makes it near undrinkable. I don't see what's the point of putting those things in the water if we can't even drink it in the first place. At that rate, we could also use foul water, and at least everybody would know better than to try and drink that poison.

>tap water is bad
>plastic bottle water is bad

what do?

End-point filtration, my son. I broke mine the other week, and it was an unfriendly reminder of how bad the tap water smells and tastes, and that's only those few things that humans can smell and taste.

>>plastic bottle water is bad
You fucking what?

This . been keeping fish for years but you cant just use tap water without treating it first. Chlorine fucks them up and also fucks up your bio filter.

Enjoy your endocrine disrupters; soft plastic breaks down and leeches shit into the water you drink

It's mainly big corporations (e.g. Nestle) draining out whatever water supply they can get for cheap and then reselling it in a BPA-laden bottle while trying to come off as pure and good just because it's in a bottle with a brand name and maybe the laws allow them to use a word like "spring" somewhere in there.

It's a scam. Moreover, access to water is top of the list for WWIII. Keep an eye on that one. Remember when Gadaffi tried to build water projects? Libya sits on one of the world's biggest good aquafers.

Depends where you live honestly. Sometimes sitting out the water is enough. Otherwise you just need a dechlorinator like Seachem Prime or something.

Chlorine is bad for fish, true. Though you can use treated tap as long as you're not keeping something really delicate or saltwater. In those cases you want an RO filter, filter water, and mix in whatever minerals you want (e.g. saltwater salt mix).

Fish actually dies because the chemicals we use to make tap water drinkable, chlorine, chloramine, compounds that change the kH and various nitrogen compounds are actually toxic to fish. you should always set up a tank several weeks in advance before adding fish to it in order to culture nitrifying bacteria that will reduce ammonia into nitrates and eventually nitrites.

The beneficial bacteria is known as your Biological Filter and the act of creating this culture is know as Aquarium Cycling.

You kidding me? I used to drink straight out of the fucking hose when I was a kid.

I didn't know that. I'll be looking for it from now on.

>while trying to come off as pure and good
Not working for anybody, not for me. Still, there's a noticeable difference between kinds of water. Here in Belgium we've got our own springs, and I know Germany also has good spring water.

>not drinking water melted from the rings of Saturn and transported to Earth via space ship

It must suck being a goy.

its ammonia then a colony of bacteria eat it and produce nitrite then a second colony eat that and produce the far less harmful nitrate . Nitrate is still toxic so a weekly water change(depending on your stock level) is needed to keep the little cunts thriving.

Shit, the blood flow to my cerebral cortex

The US Navy has a map to do with water that as far as I know is still not public despite what you can find on the internet.

It makes the Ozarks a popular place for former Navy people in part because of the spring water there. A property with an actual spring rather than one with a hole in the ground that spouts runoff is decidedly more expensive there.

Ffs one last thing. You don't need to use fish to cycle the tank, it is cruel and unnecessary , you are better off buying some ammonia and a water testing kit. That way you dont need to do constant water chages to keep the fish alive and you can fill it with fish as soon as it's done without needing to add a few at a time.

read the post again, bong.

You need a source of ammonia to actually culture said bacteria. Running a filter on an empty tank does nothing except make the jews at the electric plant happy.

Was a stripped down version, I could go into details and make an entire fucking essay with sources about keeping fish but this is a troll thread on Sup Forums.

Also nitrite is even worse than ammonia since it binds to hemoglobin (though it doesn't affect invertebrates since their blood is different).
Something like .25 ppm of ammonia and nitrate are toxic. Nitrate levels up to 20-40ppm are considered safe. You can also deal with nitrogen build up using plants, if your tank is lush enough you might have to actually add potassium nitrate or calcium nitrate to supplement their growth.

Said it's an option, lets say someone dumps a betta on your lap and what do now, keep it in a cup while the 10 gallon tank cycles? That's just dumb.

I see

>stick your head in an aquarium
>try to breath
>you fucking drown
>your fish breathes that water

Balls, just spotted it.
Thanks user.

>put rock in fish bowl
>fish dies
Wew lad you went autism

Same. We had a much better childhood. Playing outside and drinking hose water.

You're meant to put goldfish in aquariums with at least 20 gallons of water per fish and good filtration, not a bowl. Also you treat the tap water with a Tetra solution to make it safe for the fish.

Start looking after goldfish the redpilled way they deserve so much better than these bluepill bowls. Srsly.