What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xJtbll4wmVc
youtube.com/watch?v=OUTqEVH740U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pretty good as far as comic book movies go

All the Light vs L mind games weren't fleshed out and that's what really made the anime series great. Plus Anime Light is a genius sociopath while Netflix Light is a whiny little bitch.

Nothing. Pissing off weebs will always be right.

they turned a season of american horror story into a movie

They had to make him human and relatable

Well it wasn't a cat and mouse game this time.

Knowing Netflix, there was executive meddling to make Turner more relatable to American teenagers. Yagami has always acted like an adult.

they made a cat and mouse thriller with no thrills or cat and mousing

>comic book
I nearly spat my udon noddles out of my mouth you baka. Jeez. By the way it's manga. M-A-N-G-A. Learn the difference. Jeez.

It's produced by netflix.

'murrica

That girly as scream when Ryuk showed up

Mia was more like Light than he was

Main character was dumb instead of smart. Also Ryuk was supposed to be just an onlooker, not take action.

That was just Adam Wingard 80's wanking (again) to Bruce Campbell in Evil Dead 2. Everything from Light running around and screaming to the WHOOSH camera movements and stuff getting knocked over.

The audience went wrong.
This was pure kino, stupid weebs

That red L shot really is kino

This movie definitely had quite a good look to it, but then again Adam Wingard has a knack for that.

I've never seen the anime but I'm familiar with the main characters and basic plot thanks to Sup Forums and Wikipedia. I don't know why weebs thought Netflix was going to compress a 37 episode cartoon into a 90 minute movie faithfully. Then again, weebs tend to be uncompromising spergs.

I thought the movie was pretty good. Despite the background material they gave L, he seemed a bit underdeveloped. Mia was underdeveloped, too. Why was she such a psychopath? Bad home life? The movie never tells us.

It was a little strange how it ended on a bit of a cliffhanger, too, as if Netflix expects to make a sequel. I doubt that will happen, though.

i didnt mind it. although I went in expecting trash it wasnt a bad take on the story.

youtube.com/watch?v=xJtbll4wmVc

No SAKUJO

>L isn't running with his arms behind him
Shit movie, can see why everyone hates it

You can see what went wrong from that picture alone.

nigger

What a pleb. If you think that only weebs think this movie is shit, then you don't really know any people outside the internet. The great mayority of people thought it was shit, because it was. It was a movie made for teenagers. Which is funny, cause the anime was made for teenagers too, but somehow it was miles and miles more smart. Maybe japanesse teenagers are smarter and less ridiculous than american teenagers.

Why?

margaret qualley not showing her pusy

>hi mia i know we just "met" for the first time but wanna see me kill people?
I swear out of everything that was the most bullshit

Because americans learn everything from their movies.

light is supposed to be an over achiever because the whole point is to see a kid who does everything right try to handle the death note, in this remake light was some kind of emo + ruyk didnt even have a place in this story, he could just aswell not even have been in the movie at all and it wouldnt have made a difference + they spend too much time explaing the book and no story had time to happen + acting was painful + lights dads haircut looked ridiculous

a girl that hot walks up to me and im doing literally anything i can to keep her attention idc

I tried to watch this without witjout seeing the anime first. I turned it off about 10 mins in when that demon showed up.

I was pretty bad, like constant cringe bad. I felt like I was most likeley completely missing out on why the source material is supposed to be so great so turned it off and watched the first episode of the anime series instead.

shitty acting especially by the nigger

They dumbed down everything for the Americans, but they did it too much.

Kek

>"I wanna help you kill people, Light"
The bitch was crazier than him

Why did he use his real name?

Did L kill Light at the end?

They had to lower the bar so ameritards can understand and now it sucks.

If by werent fleshed out you mean didn't exist.

pantsy beta crybaby MC only relatable to burguerclaps, because having a handsome teenage boy NOT-chad being the focus, pushes too hard their suspension of desbelief

Why didn't Light just use Watari to kill L?

no, there is a sequel coming.
He killed his dad

Wouldn't mind a sequel with a solid 3 year time skip.

He wouldn't do that

of course the anime L wouldn't do that,
this is the american L, a spastic retard who is angry, and he is thinking "an eye for an eye"

>not take action.

When did Ryuk take action?

>I don't know why weebs thought Netflix was going to compress a 37 episode cartoon into a 90 minute movie faithfully.

They didn't. They knew it was going to suck, and frankly I think they're happy they have something to complain about.

>Light is supposed to be a genius
>He's an idiot until he makes the final note

Because "Watari buys a gun and murders L when he's sleeping" doesn't make for a very good movie.

or an anime.
I mean, couldn't Light make someone in the investigation team kill L and then commit suicide?

Light was a maximum beta who killed people to impress a girl. Mia even asked what he would do if she fucked another guy to test the cuck.

Is Mia best yandere?

>having a handsome teenage boy NOT-chad being the focus, pushes too hard their suspension of desbelief
Is funny but I can't think of a movie that fits this criteria

source is trash... how could you expect the live action adaptation to be any more than that?

Plus America ruins every game and anime adaptation they get their hands on... so this was doomed either way.

What went right?

he was also stupid as fuck, told L within minutes of meeting him YEAH IM KIRA SO WHAT LOL
who wrote this cringey shit

>I think they're happy they have something to complain about.
Why wouldn't?
Last cashgrab I could think of is Gosthbusters, is the same exact background idea.

"Grab an old VERY popular franchise, and make a movie to cash on those fans."
Except they never ever take old fans into account, only try to make NEW fans based on what they "think" new fans will like to see in this old VERY popular franchise.

this
i normally dont hate nat wolff but he was so whiny and made light even more of a bitch

If a girl you've just met is willing to fuck you after you've confessed to being a serial killer, that should raise some red flags

>that cucking writing
>that 6\10 girl

No, because he didn't know any of their names. They used aliases.

>relatable
First thing Yagami does when he finds the Death Note is laugh and put it down again.
Turner picks it up and pretty much immediately executes one of his classmates for bullying someone and then goes up to the girl he likes and spergs out over his notebook which kills people.
Yagami takes a lot longer to use it and when he does it's a criminal that is actively putting many lives at risk and is likely to die anyway.
One is a lot more relatable than the other

why are weebs so confused by the concept of an adaptation?

Right. The whiny white boy is more relatable than the zipperhead sociopath

It's sad that the only defense people have for this piece of garbage is "fucking weebs!".

t. Weeb

Why are plebs convinced that adaptations have to be very different and shit?

i actually enjoyed it quite a bit.

i loved death note when i was 13 and getting into anime. but if you rewatch the series now it's pretty fucking shit. death note was by no means a bad film and probably one of the best anime adaptations.

why can't japan into live action anime adaptations?

t. wingard

Because LotR and Harry Potter were garbage while Dragon Ball Evolution was kino.

character progression

>They had to lower the bar so ameritards can understand and now it sucks.
here's your 'smart anime for intelligent people such as yourself'
>character bluffs
>other character bluffs
>oh shit dude i knew you would bluff so i double bluffed
>OH SHIT DUDE I TRIPLE BLUFFED
>FUUUUUUCK HOW DID I NOT SEE THAT COMING?????

The Death Note drama is the best adaptation.

you are an embarassment. if there's anything worse than jap live action anime adaptations it's japanese tv

L: You're Kira
Light: No I'm not
L: Yes you are
Light: Fuck, you got me

"you of all people are gonna wanna see this"

youtube.com/watch?v=OUTqEVH740U

death note looks like citizen kane compared to this

He deduced that she was a sociopath from the one line she has where she said she was glad that the bully was dead.

It's good writing.

I felt that the High School setting and Light's background and motivation was done pretty well and worked within the context of a 90 minute movie.
It all fell apart when he immediately tells Mia about it and then spends the rest of the movie in moral dilemma about using it until the end where out of nowhere he "planned it all along" because he was good at doing homework

I know nothing about the series prior to watching he movie and liked it. I recognized Ryuk from randomly weeb shit on the web. I thought it was enjoyable and felt like Donnie Darko/final destination/ and that movie with kids that get powers which name is escaping me.

Wanna Death Note and chill?

The rest of the world know americans are insecure autistic faggots with oversensitive manchild attitudes, this is the perfect movie for pussy americans like (you)

>couldn't Light make someone in the investigation team kill L and then commit suicide?
No. The japanese version has much stricter rules about what you can make someone else do. The death note also does it's best to mitigate collateral damage. If you wrote in that some guy goes on a shooting spree before shooting himself he would probably just die of a heart attack unless you were very specific and write in all the people who get shot into the death note as well.

>that movie with kids that get powers
Chronicle?

>light and mia pretty much fuck eachother non stop while casually carrying out kira duties.

this shit right here. Something so simple that simply defeats the magnitude of what kira is and what he's doing.

>what went wrong?
Nothing really. If you can just ignore the animu and mango and take it as its own thing its kind of ok.
Looked pretty good, and it had a great score.

What was "ok" about it?

Can't you fucking read?

trusting a roastie

Not him, but you're saying that the movie was ok just because it looked good and sounded good?

If only film was some kind of audio/visual format :^(

>>that 6\10 girl
dlet that

So you don't have an argument. Thanks.

So you categorize a music video as film?

Yes, according to that guy the best music videos are the best kino because he doesn't understand the function of film. He thinks it's just pretty pictures.

some of the earliest films ever made were music videos

but user, that movie is GOOD.

Gee Adam, maybe if you spent as much time on your shit movie as you did on Sup Forums, it wouldn't be the worst-rated piece of Death Note media in existence.

>it wouldn't be the worst-rated piece of Death Note media in existence
how fucking pathetic are you? have you even watched the japanese live action media? it's awful. i'll rewatch death note 2017 before ever watching the jap films again or the tv show for the first time.