Disney's Giant Halloween Hex #1 Storytime

For the first time in IDW's history, it put out an all-Disney Halloween special issue. It consists of the following:
>one double-sized (by the American floppy definition) Topolino story
>a single-page Topolino story
>a short story from Walt Disney's Comics & Stories

Enjoy MAGICA!

Other urls found in this thread:

www15.zippyshare.com/v/JDWtnEcN/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=xHWmgnF6vOE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Pandora's Box's /ss/ story is still the best Disney Halloween story

Disney Giant Halloween Hex 001 (2016) (c2c) (Jojo)
www15.zippyshare.com/v/JDWtnEcN/file.html

The end.

HAPPY MAGICA, err HALLOWEEN!

Endnotes:
>pic related series still not yet scanned
>Mickey and Donald's Christmas Parade will have a second issue

bump

Thanks for posting user. Magica actually has a couple of pretty good stories and it's sad that most Americans don't get to read those, this being one of them.

I would fug Magica

also thanks OP.

Same here.

Can't wait to pick this up later. The IDW Disney comics have really been a little treat every month for me. Does anyone know if they sell well/are popular?

Elaborate

Unf this sweet Cavazzano art

D onald
D uck

Why is Magika the sexiest disney duck?

IIRC, they just live in another dimension and can visit only every specific amount of time, Magica having nothing to do with that.

...why they did darken the skin of the policeman?

>Italians
>white
>"""Italians""" from NAPLES
>white

I have seen better Italian to English translations.
Its a bit dry.
But it do somewhat do the job.

Magicka Despell is so sexy.

he is good to draw these character

>72 pages
>Could do 200 page volumes for seasonal sales instead

This is a very light scan. In the printed comic, Magica's skin is darkened too. It's because the action is happening outdoors at night.

It's very strange. They are almost never reviewed or discussed.
In general, people talk about them as "reprints," with the idea that they're reprinting stories that are already easily available.
Actually, they're "reprints" only of foreign Disney comics that weren't available in the USA before. The stories are about 80% new to this country.
They're great and they're overlooked.

Bump! Others should read it too.

More like official English translations.

That's right.

Imagine a great, award-winning movie being made in, say, France, and then when it's distributed here, the newspapers cover it minimally because "it's a rerelease."
"No it's not," a few people argue, "it's never been in before. It's only a 'rerelease' of what was previously released in France."
"Fuck you, it's a rerelease," say the newspapers, without clarifying anything, and the erroneous idea quickly spreads that the movie has been in the USA before, and its appearance now is ignored.
It's beyond bizarre.

(Oops, accidentally deleted a few words)

Imagine a great, award-winning movie being made in, say, France, and then when it's distributed here, the newspapers cover it minimally because "it's a rerelease."
"No it's not," a few people argue, "it's never been in America before. It's only a 'rerelease' of what was previously released in France."
"Fuck you, it's a rerelease," say the newspapers, without clarifying anything, and the erroneous idea quickly spreads that the movie has been in the USA before, and its appearance now is ignored.
It's beyond bizarre.

Thanks for the storytime OP
I remember reading the lead story sometime in the 90's
Good stuff

>you seem horribly happy to have me
Why yes, indeed, Magica.

Better than other transations that change a lot more to fit American taste

In the original I don't remember the policeman having BROWN skin

meanwhile, in Italy...
youtube.com/watch?v=xHWmgnF6vOE

I just don't want them to get cancelled, but since they seem to keep adding more and more specials and new series, I assume things are going well. I really wish the idea of it being reprints would go away. It already has enough issues being taken seriously just by being both a disney comic, and a comic with talking animals. God knows I could never get my friends to read one. I'm kind of hoping that it can get popular enough to allow some new American stories to be created and run in it, and maybe start a new wave of American Disney comics.

>In the original I don't remember the policeman having BROWN skin

This entire story has been recolored for this edition; with colors *similar* to the 1990s original, but with additional shading and more modern techniques added here and there.
In the panel you're discussing, it's night out, and so in the dim light, the cop's normally pink skin is browner, and Magica's normally white skin is light blue.

This story ("The Great Rock of Power-Plus") sounds very American in tone to me. It just sticks closer to the basic meaning of the Italian lines than some others do. But the dialogue is written by someone who knows English well, so it rolls off the tongue just perfectly by Duck standards.

I take it you must love the Ultraheroes story in the other thread right now? The translation, seemingly from the Comixology release (?) is incredibly simple and boring, enough that I bet a lot of new readers wonder why the hell it's so dull, but I guess it adds nothing that wasn't there in the Italian, so for you it's literal paradise?
For the record, that type of Ultraheroes treatment does NOT make the Italian stories read well for a new audience.

The new Xadhoom seems "interesting".

oh yeah