Why is it so hard to find a good female web comic artist...

Why is it so hard to find a good female web comic artist? It seems like the majority of them just write about their insecurities about being a woman or write diary comics with no punchline or point to it other than being a LiveJournal post in comic form, like pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

surrealitycomic.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Why is it so hard to find a good female

you could have stopped there

tfwnogf

Cus women are less logical, amd mor emotional. So they tend to produce content based around that. Henceforth, shitty love story, blog, sjw type comics.
Dont even bother brah. Just look elsewhere.

They say to write about what you know.

There are plenty, and trashy comics where the author bitches about their personal issues aren't really gender exclusive, and plenty of men do that shit too.

Manly Guys Doing Manly Things and Awkward Zombie are examples of good web comics written by women.

Spot the virgin.

Awkward Zombie is a pretty funny artist.

Try Unsounded, Stand Still Stay Silent and Eva's Demon.
They aren't daily funnies, though, if that's what you want.

There's actually quite a few, stop reading shitty web comics.

Those are nothing exceptional, I guess being made by women makes them good in your eyes tho

Well, Kate. You can't have a man be honest with you and tell you you're smart.

What exactly do you consider an "exceptional" web comic?

>tfw you thought Katie was a guy for the first half of the comic.

But please, there are like 3 exceptional web comics, if that.

Nobody asked for exceptional, though.
The only criterion was being notably better than Kate Leth.
And that is satisfied for all of them.
Also, how high do you set the bar here?
What would you call exceptional?

This thread is stupid. It's only going to get stupid responses. Don't post shit like this. Fuck.
>Spot the virgin.
You for responding seriously to this thread.

I don't know who Kate Leth is, but that reminded me that Hark, a Vagrant is pretty funny like half the time.

>I want SERIOUS DISCUSSIONS on Sup Forums!
Now that's what I call the retard calling the autist stupid.

The chick who made OP's pic.

Nah, this thread is just dumb. Pls don't respond anymore.

Or funny, or interesting or anything other than a collection of warm holes.

There's an audience for comics like the ones you've described. They're called women.

Didn't see the issue 'til I replaced it with Handsome/Cute. Would get on my nerve as well. Comic worthy? eh

The issue is that the partner contriubtes nothing but their looks yet still wants to be praised for characteristics they do not possess.

She at the very least possesses the drive to draw comics and put them out into the world to be picked apart and criticized. Something that takes a lot more courage and tenacity than people would give credit for. Even the worst-drawn and most poorly made comics are still respectable in my eyes if they're released regularly and consistently to a clear target audience. Her audience is clearly angsty young women between age 13 to 25, so she knows how to market her product too. So she's at the very least, business savvy as well.

>Muh females

>yet still wants to be praised for characteristics they do not possess.
Projecting? How would you know that?

Why is it so hard to find a good male web comic artist?

>Unsounded
>nothing exceptional
not sure you even read webcomics

>SSSS
>Nothing exceptional
What's it like having taste this shit?

>this is considered impressive by webcomic standards

Finding a good webcomic artist of any gender is hard. 80% are terrible. 15% are "ok" (these are usually the popular ones, too) and the other 5% are amazing, but not popular. I actually have yet to see a webcomic artist whose work just wowed me. I just choose to believe they exist somewhere.

Webcomics are fucking horrible

Correction, webcomics made by undisciplined, unskilled artists are all terrible. Which is a lot. Most of them. Almost all of them.

All these replies makes me think, is there even one webcomic that Sup Forums could generally agree on is good?

Nedroid.

i remember surreality being pretty good, i'm 80% sure the author has a titty surrealitycomic.com/
the edgy goth stuff isn't entirely serious, it becomes apparent later on why everything is like that, including the strange art style. i would say it's one of the comic's faults though, no one likes being told "it gets good x pages in"

It's the same for male webcomic artists.

>nothing exceptional
>wasn't the criteria
>showing your bias
Okay. But, for the record, unsounded is rather amazing.

he doesn't he's after (You)s and nothing else, if anything he's likely pissed Sup Forums isn't Sup Forums and will use Q&A as well as logic rather than just bitch or argue

>It seems like the majority of them just write about their insecurities
>write diary comics with no punchline or point to it other than being a LiveJournal post in comic form
This is basically that Owlturd guy and dozens of his peers. KC Green used his depression as a punchline for years. Some dregs just rely on low hanging fruit.

I'm sorry, did you say "Whomp"! ?

oh yes because comic books are so good

It's rare to find any sort of good content made by female creators. Women are dumb and boring, simple as that.

>hy is it so hard to find a good female web comic artist?
I can name plenty. The real question is why are ther no good black webcomic artist but plenty of good/decent black web animators and game designers.

Actually there is and has been quite a lot made by female creators in the last 30 years. They just didn't make a fuse about it like these tumbler trash tier ones. Hell even the more preachy ones like Ann Nocenti were far more subtle then today's lecturing trash.

Because web comics are what people who AREN'T successful in getting in the industry do. It was only until Adventure Time did it aid in changing the tides and making web comics an equivalent of having "storyboard experience".

Now people like Marvel just hire web comic artists because they have built-in fanbases and couldn't give two shits whether or not their web comics or storytelling is good. See: Kate Leth.

>Why is it so hard to find a good
web comic artist?

Fixed.

Lackadaisy is a definite answer to your question