Why don't we just shoot all our nuclear and toxic waste into the sun?

Why don't we just shoot all our nuclear and toxic waste into the sun?

Cost

you think like me. now we are 2

It can be recycled into material that can still be used to power nuclear generators. The only nuclear material that can't is not radioactive, and safe to store anywhere. Nuclear power is getting pretty good.

Why throw away perfectly good toxic waste??

What a dummy

The only waste material *

Dump it in Africa. Their life expectancy is shit anyway.

Hmm really sends your neurons sparking activating the hipocampus and Wernicke's area leading to verbal contemplation.

Because Obama shut down our space program.

>Load rocket with tons of nuclear waste
>Launch rocket
>30'000 feet some NASA guy forgot to check a circuit or some shit
>rocket explodes
>The jetsream spreads radioactive fallout throughout the world
>mass hysteria, crop contamination, breakdown of society

I know you germans are self-hating, but wishing a disaster like this on the world is a stretch even for you.

>rocket fails
>accidentally the entire east coast

Better yet just dump it in Canada.

and let them weaponize it?

if it wasn't that expensive it would be the best option

better still would be to just dump it straight out of the solar system no need to send it to the sun, just dump it in the infinite void of space to drift for all eternity

Sounds like Fukushima

africa is a beautfiul continent with some of the most beautiful wilderness and wildlife on the planet you retard,

The space program was for nuclear ICBM research. If he did not kill it, the next guy would have.

Anyway its an old idea but a great one, if it were possible.

882lbs per barrel, 2200$ plus per lb. To send to orbit alone, World is run by jews.

/thread

kys op

>yfw participate in an intergalatic war caused by bags of shit landing on their lawn

>black people
>beautiful

So you're saying he shut down the ability to fire nuclear missiles all over the place, but not the ability to fire nuclear waste out of orbit?

why can't we send giant solar panel ships to orbit the sun and collect solar energy, store them in batteries, and then have the ships come back to earth?

Because its actually reusable.

because we need it to make new superheroes.

your mom is actually reusable but we can't feasibly send her to space

If we can send a cripple like Steven Hawkings into space then we can send his mom into space.

No, they no longer need ICBM research to compete with Russia. Rocket technology basically has hit a plateau. Now anything more is privatized. Right or wrong, it is what it is. Space missions were not for fun or exploration, it was for war technology reasons.

NIGGER THERE WAS A ROCKET LAUNCH FAILURE TODAY

Because then our sunlight will become radioactive idiot

It's actually a shame that there's such a culture of fear around it. Talk about boomer privileges all you want, because there was a solid chunk of them who built their lives and educations around these things, only to have the demand snuffed out by an itty bitty scare.

And yet one of our primary economic sectors is working on some little part of this technology or other. It's not a good long-term plan.

The technotronic divide is only going to widen at this point. It takes a truly sick mind to gamble on that.

It's already radioactive. Don't be dense.

Sun would explode

we can't even reliably launch rockets anymore lmao

This. I can't believe how stupid people can be.

less energy to dump it into the gravity well of our sun

battery technology sucks is why

Cost is insane and have you SEEN have many of our rockets explode?

They explode because of a 2lb shift in weight.

You want to put hundreds of millions of gallons of liquid in a rocket and shoot it into the sky.

So it can reach an altitude for COMPLETE GLOBAL SATURATION?

Is that what you are suggesting Fritz?

your reading comprehension is horrific.

the radiations would kill us

Or the other direction...into deep space. A lot of space out there

The Sun is constantly exploding. a nuke the size of the earth would barely do anything to the sun, you retard.

if you learnt some basic orbital mechanics you'd realise the delta-v required would be impossible with current rocket technology you retarded Hun cunt

I actually agree with you.

If Russia revamps theirs and finds something new or cool, we would be at a disadvantage.

Space exploration was also good for the economy by employing many engineers and scientists, which recycles back into our local economies. It just looks bad on the budget balance sheet and is hard to quantify that it is worth the expense.

>32,390 years later an intergalactic war is started because we dirty bombed a civilian outpost

Not only that.
What if the rocket explodes or has some other malfunction, then you have a bigger mess.
>Implyin that a country with that low of an average IQ can weaponize nuclear material.

Delta V

We're already a toxic waste dump

Rockets sometimes explode on their way up.

I like the idea, obviously, but there is a way this can fuck up badly.

A space elevator would be nice.

I think he was making a crack about Africans being a part of the African wildlife.

See

too expensive, maybe if we had a space elevator

did you not just see the spacex rocket just explode on the platform. do you want tons of nuclear material loaded into a rocket exploding over your house?

>The jetsream spreads radioactive fallout throughout the world
>mass hysteria, crop contamination, breakdown of society

if we have the ability to get enough radioactive waste in the air that it could destroy the world, we would have the ability to clean it up

Exactly how does a space elevator work?

Seems like if it failed in some way you would have a tether scarring the landscape at 36,000 miles per hour

We could be doing this already,but christianity...

So why can't we dump it into a fault line or something? I mean besides the whole getting it down there in the first place

Crab people would declare war and fuck up the surface dwellers

why not use it as an energy source?

Nuclear would be awesome if we where to give it a second chance with the technology we have today.

Here in California, we just recently shut down one of our last power plants in San Onofre. While it is true that facility was ageing badly and needed to be shut down for maintenance (Too bad it is shut down forever). Because of this Electricity in southern California went up again.

Ahmed...

>people unironically believing sun is a giant star 93 mil. miles away

topkek

It doesn't take a genius to catapult a barrel of that shit into a city center

The Delta-V to get to the sun is over 440km/s, we don't have anything nearly that powerful. Your post is silly, we could increase nuclear reactors by 10000% and still have enough room to store it(underground) until the sun goes red giant on us.

I grew up to the safest and most advanced power plant in the entire US at the time. They even worked out a tax deal that benefited the local community in too many ways to list out in one post.

And then after they finally got done building it and did a test run, the activists had it shut down and the government (i.e. taxpayers) had to cover the losses. Now they have like two solar panels to try to cut the losses on all the industrial switchgear and other such infrastructure.

There is danger in everything, but there's a yuge difference between doing things smartly and doing things stupidly.

Assuming that we re-enrich our fuel.

That's not the hard part for them.
The hard part is maintaining the enrichment facilities with tons of nations looking over their countries with spy satellites.

I mean, a basic atomic bomb is an inwardly directed explosion towards near critical masses of fissile material. It's not rocket science.

If Vladimir Putin sabotages the rocket to explode in the atmosphere where all boned

>implying people of countries with an average iq sub 80 are even capable of building a catapult

But it does take someone semi-competent to build a catapult

Because it is not easy to get shit off the planet man pic related

Your right, its NUCLEAR SCIENCE!

Not enough money or supplies.

Have you not played kerbal space program? It's far easier to get out of the solar system than it is to get to the sun. Also nuclear waste is probably going to be useful in the future. We already can utilize stuff that would've been considered total waste 50 years ago.

I knew the earth was relatively dense for a planet, but I never thought it would make us special.

And little boy was basically banging 2 highly radioactive rocks together really hard.

>send toxic waste to space
>falls into ayy lmaos lawn
>entire human race gets enslaved for violating the NAP

Not off into space, into the sun.

It's still laughably retarded.

Why don't we dump them in Volcanos?

This would anger King Kalonalehaleha, and then we'd have a deficit of virgins.

Ya all those sci-fi movies and books with badass dense aliens yfw that is us

Why the sun? Wouldn't the adding of heavy metals reduce its life expectancy by a couple thousand years?

Maybe? But I don't know. It would depend on how long the material takes to sink to the point where it starts fusion.

>NAP
Implying ancap aliens would acknowledge humans as anything more than cattle to be bought and sold.

If the entire earth was enveloped by the sun it would have no impact on the sun's lifespan

I think if we're not somehwere else within the last thousands of years of the sun's life then we're probably going to all die.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if we made it that long without dying out for other reasons.

Homeboy we've sent probes to the sun. Its just hella expensive.

This fucking idiot

ITS THE BIGGEST FUCKING GRAVITATIONAL PULL IN LITERALLY THE SOLAR SYSTEM HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO MISS

>fuck up the one thing that brings life to universe
it´s like you´re a next-gen Hitler or something

because it would burn away intonothing beforeit even reached the sun

/thread

>fling toxic waste toward sun
>a gigantic sunburst makes partial contact with it- tearing it open and spinning it around
>nuclear hellfire rains down on us for the next 24,100 years

>it would burn away into nothing
????

That's not how burning works

Africans can't grow a potato if you give them year-around warmth, water and plenty of farm land. I wouldn't worry about it.

Africans will fill goat stomachs with nuclear waste and throw them as water balloons

You need to play some kerbal. Getting something into earth orbit means speeding it up to 17,000 mph. The earth is orbiting the sun at ~70,000 mph. To fall into the sun, you would have to increase the craft's speed by an additional 53,000 mph, back the way the earth came from, for it to fall in a straight line into the sun.

i guess i meant 'solar flare' but sunburst just sounds so much cooler

Sup Forums should be in charge of diction and grammar from now on

we should be the authority

that only applies to reusable rockets, a civilization on a heavier planet would just have to accept that they can't have fully reusable rocket system

Outer space is not an oxygen-rich environment (the sun has more of it due to fusion). Therefore, the alien anaerobic bacteria would amass and fight against this "burning" you speak of, sending a rain of radiotoxic hellfire down in to our atmosphere.