How did he escape?

How did he escape?

he climbed thru an impossible window

Supernatural explanation: the Overlook itself let him out
Non-supernatural explanation: Danny let him out

he found a sneed in his feed

The hotel literally decides to let him out after he promises to get Danny for them. Read the book nerds.

It is ultimately unimportant. He got out by the same logic of the speed-limit in Star Trek: Your ship goes as fast as the plot says it goes.

He got out because he got out. How did he get out? He got out.

Are people really pretending that The Shining isn't supernatural. THE PHOTO AT THE END CONFIRMS THAT ITS A HAUNTED HOTEL.

>Read the book nerds.
>thinking Kubrick actually follows the book

>Danny let him out
Are you retarded?

I mean, he more or less did. The only key differences are Halloran's death and the boiler explosion.

this

fuck, I actually hate autists

>Danny let him out
While he was in a different part of the Overlook... running away from Jack...
Not only is it impossible for him to open the door, but he has zero motivation to do so

In a moon rocket that never existed

>reading a book = autism

Good luck having any success in life whatsoever.

Don't forget the roque mallet

>the mainstream theory
Wendy forgot to lock it properly. Remember when she's dragging him and she keeps forcing the door before unlocking the chain? she probably forgot to lock it after
>advanced theory
Stanley Kubrick himself unlocked it. He's a character in the movie, this is corroborated by many pieces of evidence. He made the hotel set himself, so he knows the place better than anyone.

Not him, but I'm pretty sure he was calling the window image poster autistic, not the ones citing the book.

the magical power of racism

You are correct. I botched that reply pretty badly.

What if he was free and the other side was locked in?

True, though that's a pretty small difference. I was surprised to find out after reading the book years later just how many small additions Kubrick made.
>hallway of blood
>the twins
>HERE'S JOHNNY
>All Work And No Play
>Jack dead in the snow
>Danny with the knife
Basically all the really iconic shit from that movie was entirely Kubrick and not present in the book. Still, the book obviously does a better job elaborating on Jack's demon's/drinking problem and how their marriage is failing.

It's even funnier when you take into consideration Stephen King hated the movie because of all those changes Kubrick made.

Yes, cause people on Sup Forums are retarded
>muh molestation
>muh room 237 doc should be taken literally and isn't about subjectivity

...you're blowing my mind man

>mfw I'm reading It and Dick is present and correct
>mfw he also uses the Shinning

>The Shinning

but why

It's a continuity error. Might be intentional.

It's for shot composition, I imagine.
The difference doesn't mean that much to us, but he was a stickler for that sort of shit. He probably like both the shot down the hallway and having the pattern go one way rather than the other.

>Might be intentional.
>Kubrick doing anything not intentionally

Could have just been someone in the past that looked like him. nah it's him

And there you have it folks. The clarion call of mediocrity. Fools defending mistakes as an intentional design decision.

that guy in the middle kind of looks like jack

Danny lets him out.

His motivation was so that he could lead Jack into the hedge maze, and leave him there, to die.

WHAT THE FUCK KUBRICK YOU BASTARD

Little Stephie should keep his whore mouth shut.

>hotel full of ghosts trying to coax main character into doing things
>hmmmm who could it be?????

The hotel opened the door for him. Anything before this scene could've been inside the head of the characters. The door opening by 'itself' is the first undeniable proof that the hotel is supernatural. It's the key scene of the movie, no wonder Sup Forums doesn't get it.

The state of /tpg/ right now.

>no living hedge animals
>no explosions
>Dicky Bird dies
FUCK YOU KUBRICK

no he transformed like the hulk does lifting a car.

Is danny some sort of ultragenius? He thought that far ahead? It's already unrealistic enough for a 7 year old to think to retrace his steps to kill his father

My mind is blown.

Do you remember the part where he literally has supernatural powers that connect him to the past as well as give him the power of foresight?
Hint: it's in the title.

He was being guided by Gan.

UH NUH HUH