Any good documentaries on Big Foot?

Any good documentaries on Big Foot?

>in b4 "b-but Sasquatch can't into REAL!"

Then you have ten seconds to explain the more than 400 sightings of Bigfoot in America alone since its founding.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/08/saki-vanzolini-monkey-amazon-rainforest-video-spd/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb7TZhwdgoo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_of_the_Hole
youtube.com/watch?v=ikHBtzay1lY
youtube.com/watch?v=NtSGINL0VBU
youtube.com/watch?v=VyJAeyzN5V0
youtube.com/watch?v=qGf9tM9SF7Q&t=3s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Told you already, read The Nature of the Beast

it's Sup Forums-approved

I've seen it, so make that 401.

Pretty sure over the course of two hundred odd years you would get 400 or so drunks and liars.

you are retarded and were on drugs

down to 400 unexplained one again

I wonder if there's any real animals that have only been seen 400 times in over 2 centuries

Nah mate, he's telling the truth. I saw see it.

all are either conmenor people who mistook a bear for a apeman.

the giant squid maybe

well there has been real cryptids that became fact like the giant squid

Lots of ocean creatures. Not sure about land animals though.

for fuck's sake, just like that it's one of the most polarizing and complicated cases in field history now

Beastie boys

>Globster
kek

Bigfoot (1997) is /comfy/

news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/08/saki-vanzolini-monkey-amazon-rainforest-video-spd/
Not exactly the same thing but I instantly thought about it because I read about it recently.

Told you yesterday to watch the Les Stroud stuff. Did you get on that?

the snow leopard should easily fit this condition since he lives very isolated and is very, very raw

>lived deep in the forest
>a few miles from the small town
Pick one or the other.

Spooky, init?

You just need to know that they eat barries and mushrooms you fool

>main focus is proving the Patterson footage is real

it is comfy, though, I liked the dude who played drums in the forest

don't blame me, I ain't the science dude who wrote it

Check out the missing 411 interviews and podcast

Shit is terrifying and even worse than Bigfoot, even though some think that may be involved somehow

What, cause having a town right next to a deep forest has never happened?

The Mysterious Monsters
The Legend of Boggy Creek
Sasquatch: The Legend of Bigfoot
Manbeast! Myth or Monster?
Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science

>being a kid and watching a 2 hour special on bigfoot, UFOs, or ancient tombs
>actually thinking they might find anything

what fools we all were

We have a supposedly true photo of a 50 foot python in Africa.

literally an ARG creepypasta for middle-aged people, don't buy into it

taking a shot every time DP says "this is where things get interesting/strange" or "just think about that for a minute/second" is a fun drinking game though

which one?
youtube and google show to many results

coming conveniently with shit quality, without any details and hokey story

>is very, very raw
C'MERE YOU

theres been sightings of the tazmanian tiger recently

I said supposedly, calm down.

holy shit kek

>people dying in the woods is enough to spark conspiracy theories
For fuck's sake, do these people have no idea how easy it is to freak out and lose your way or hurt yourself in the woods, or how hard it is to search through them for a body? I swear everyone who thinks something weird must be going on must be really sheltered suburbanites whose only experience is that they once walked an hour along a trail.
Hell, there are people dying in cities without their bodies being found for months or even years. There's literally nothing mysterious about bodies not being found when someone wanders off to die in the great outdoors.

You're supposedly a giant faggot.

This is a good start

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb7TZhwdgoo

>2 year olds walking several miles uphill within minutes dying, then folding their fucking clothes isn't weird

You haven't read any of this have you

Looked it up. There is a video and a zoo holding one in Indonesia, so the one in Africa isn't really that unbelievable.

>voice that sounds as if he is about to drown in his own spit and snot
seems about rite
but still thanks

>people dying in the woods is enough to spark conspiracy theories

No, it's about the creepy shit surrounding their disappearances, their last phonecalls, witness reports and stuff like that.

I don't even believe there's much to it to be honest, but when one thinks the "people die in the woods all the time" meme explains everything, they're simply not familiar with the subject.

for you

I'm calm. also, isn't me.

it's all just viral stuff, mate, there are no confirmed 30ft plus snakes on record. at the moment.

there are....

If that case is actually true and not a bunch of hogwash(just like most of the weird "facts" from the Dyatlov Pass incident, for example) then it's one case of abduction or negligence by whoever was looking after the kid, added to a long list of normal shit to make it spooky. A kid walking impossible distances is weird, but a family not paying attention and then lying about "I only turned my back for a second!" happens depressingly often, especially when the worst actually happens and they might face criminal charges for being shitty custodians. I mean, we definitely know of at least one serial killer who worked and killed in Yellowstone, but that's not weird enough for these people. They feel the need to link together a whole bunch of disappearances that have nothing in common except the guy linking them thinks they're all spooky in one way or another. Sometimes it's phonecalls, sometimes it's "impossible" travel times, sometimes it's just the family saying they'd never lose their way in the woods or they were acting in some way that the family wouldn't have even thought about if the person hadn't disappeared etc. etc.

It's fucking disrespectful to try and make money off of these people's deaths by writing bullshit books and movies about a dangerous place like national parks.

Barrel eyed fish has only been caught on film once. Most sightings are of its washed up corpse. Bigfoot is bill shot though.

That's the problem for big foot.
Lack of bodies/bones.
Ever.

Animal bodies are rare, but they are found. In the 200+ years of Western colonization of the Pacific NW, no one has ever found a Bigfoot bone?

You act like finding corpses are easy.

Go out in the woods and see how many animal bones/bodies you find.

It's nowhere near as common as you think -- not that I'm saying Bigfoot's lack of evidence is excusable.

They're all lies, hoaxes, or mistakes. Every single one.
You ever notice how sightings of Bigfoot, aliens, the Loch Ness monster, etc., all pretty much ended the moment cell phone cameras were invented?
>I saw Bigfoot!
>>Oh yeah? Where's your cell phone footage?
>uh uh uh

It's all bullshit. All of it.

>You act like finding corpses are easy.
I literally just said that they are rare.

Unironically this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_of_the_Hole
This guy is hiding in the fucking Amazon rainforest and definitely doesn't want to be found, but we STILL have sightings of him and find remains left behind by him.

For Bigfoot not to be bullshit it'd have to be a lone specimen that has the brain capacity to be a million times better at staying hidden than a human, despite being in a much more accessible area than the human AND being actively hunted by way more people.

>tfw this man might never tell anyone the name of his tribe or pass on their legends and history
>tfw he's the last of a long line and once he dies his people will be truly gone from the Earth with no-one left to remember them
>tfw he's probably huddled in his camp right now, just trying to survive another day in a world he believes populated entirely by hostiles

what the fuck, this sounds so made up.

the

>31-square-mile [8,029 hectare] area around him off-limits to trespassing and development.

part makes me think it's the government covering up something tbqhwy

>can't believe something extraordinary but documented, instead thinks it's some stupid conspiracy
>reddit spacing while doing it
I hope you're just pretending to be retarded, mate.

>Actively hunted by way more people
No one actually looks for big foot

Willow Creek was actually a really good movie, and semi-documentary. The people interviewed in the first half of the film are actual figures in the Bigfoot enthusiast community. The second half of the film does a decent job of simulating actual Sasquatch behavior right up until the end. Bobcat Goldthwait is a decent director and has a good grasp of Bigfoot lore.

>blair witch wannabe #627

it's crap, no one would remember it if it wasn't a bobcat project

Just having Bobcat write and direct it makes me wanna take a look

There's documentaries released literally every year about people trying to prove its existence.

>reddit spaces
>bitches about reddot spacing

you OK m8

I liked this movie and found the tension in it some of the most intense I've ever experienced in a film. However, the implications of the ending and the quick jump to The Red Hot Chili Peppers rocking out at the credits completely ruined it for me and I cannot recommend it to anyone because of this.

Also, it's not a documentary.

Using paragraphs is not reddit-spacing, you fool.

Big Foot is as real as the loch ness monster, sea lizards and chupacabra, furthermore i consider that carthage must be destroyed

Bought the first two volumes for my boy friend after he made me listen to some Paulides on Coast to Coast AM. I enjoyed the heck out of them, would never go camping in the woods alone now/10.
>taking a shot every time DP says "this is where things get interesting/strange" or "just think about that for a minute/second" is a fun drinking game though
But yeah, you would get hammered quick

Has anyone seen the movie yet?

Someone explain this shit to me because initially I thought it was about people who disappeared under mysterious circumstances, then I dig deeper into reviews and it's "supposedly" all explained away with Bigfoot might've done it

don't mind me shilling for ralph again
youtube.com/watch?v=ikHBtzay1lY

>He thinks people leave their back yard to prove an ape is in the woods

Big foot and chupacabra are real though.

Well your mom leaves her house everyday to fuck Tyrone, so yeah

what is the most craziest shit you have ever heard about Big Foot?
Mine is that he uses magical crystals to travel to different dimensions which is why nobody can find him

Anecdotal arguments in lieu of physical evidence is generally speaking, a hallmark of total bullshit.

>but we STILL have sightings of him
We still have sightings of Bigfoot
>and find remains left behind by him
People still find tracks and traces of Bigfoot

>a million times better at staying hidden than a human
Think of all the things an adult human knows. All the shit you learned in school. All the information from reading online articles. All the pop culture errata in your head from watching TV and movies. The average western home has over 10,000 objects in it, and you probably know where most of yours are, as well as their functions. All the knowledge you have about your profession, or the things you know to do your job.

Now imagine instead of any of that, you spent your entire life up until now learning how to stalk game and stay hidden in the woods. By now you would be incredibly good at it. And you don't even have the physical adaptations for it that Sasquatch do.

>despite being in a much more accessible area
They generally sleep at high altitudes during the day and hunt in forested valleys and hillsides at night. Their lifestyle is not easy or accessible for humans.

The Bili Ape is about the size of a chimp, lives in large groups, but wasn't discovered until 2004. Gorillas were considered tall tales for almost a hundred years after Europeans first began encountering them during the colonial era.

This is a good talk on how this is possible:
youtube.com/watch?v=NtSGINL0VBU
Dr. Nekaris a cute

youtube.com/watch?v=VyJAeyzN5V0

Not sure if Sup Forums or /x/ is worse.

at least Sup Forums is based somewhat loosely in reality?

>at least Sup Forums is based somewhat loosely in reality?

>Then you have ten seconds to explain the more than 400 sightings of Bigfoot in America alone since its founding.

They didn't see Bigfoot.

At least thousands of Americans hunt for Bigfoot both as a hobby and as a profession.

Great tension except using generic lion roars at the end for their sasquatch sounds nearly ruined it for me.

So did the couple getting lost. The guy was competent enough to get them to the right place on the way in but suddenly he's a bumbling retard on the way out. They could have had the same effect if the Bigfoot clan had scared them into running blindly into the woods out of their tent in order to make them lost. Just having them get lost in the full daylight when they got there just fine on the way in is weak writing.

The true redpill is when you find out that just like blacks, liberals are in denial about how dangerous Sasquatch really are, and Sasquatch themselves are racist.

>Now imagine instead of any of that, you spent your entire life up until now teetering on the brink of malnutrition and trying not to die from exposure because you still cannot into fire
The human brain is literally only possible because we became social tool using carnivores. You can't support such an energy intensive brain when you spend all day foraging for acorns and grass.

>We still have sightings of Bigfoot
Prove it.

>People still find tracks and traces of Bigfoot
Prove it.

>Now imagine instead of any of that, you spent your entire life up until now learning how to stalk game and stay hidden in the woods.
Kind of like a random tribesman who literally lives in the fucking jungle right?

>The Bili Ape is about the size of a chimp, lives in large groups, but wasn't discovered until 2004. Gorillas were considered tall tales for almost a hundred years after Europeans first began encountering them during the colonial era.
Which is pretty irrelevant since those arne't in the Pacific Northwest.

>Snow Leopard
Dude, they have one at the fucking zoo where I live.

Since all other anons are a bunch of fags I'll give you one guy.
youtube.com/watch?v=qGf9tM9SF7Q&t=3s
His videos are interesting mixing with belief and skepticism together.

BASED SASQUATCH MAN
HE'S A SASQUATCH AND HES BASED

>who is worse
faggots like you that canĀ“t go 5 seconds without screaming about Sup Forums

>>Prove it.
I'm not him, but there are still reported sightings of Bigfoot every year. That doesn't prove Bigfoot exists of course.

Also reports are made in every state except Hawaii. Not just the Pacific Northwest.

does /x/ validated inane positions via imagined response?

Not a documentary, but check out Bobcat Goldthwait's movie Willow Creek, it's Blair Witch Project with Bigfoot. (He's a believer)

>People still find tracks and traces of Bigfoot
The difference is that with the Hole Man we've got good footage of both him AND his former camps. All the people who sight bigfoot conveniently don't have a good recording device on them and the tracks and traces of it are AT BEST some dodgy footprint or some bear-fur stuck to a branch.
>Now imagine instead of any of that, you spent your entire life up until now learning how to stalk game and stay hidden in the woods.
You're describing the hole man, you goddamn idiot. That's why I brought him up in the first place.

And the reason why Gorillas and the Bili Ape were hard to find is because they live in areas that during colonial times was practically a death-sentence for white people and in the Bili Ape's case it was in a wartorn area filled with guerillas, and the discovery only counted if it was white people doing the discovery. No matter what you want to believe North America is not as hard or dangerous to make your way through as a jungle, and as a result it's much easier to find shit in those woods.

Yeah the "final day" sequence was where it went from good to nonsense, which is what happens in a lot of horror films really. Once the encounters with the monster/ghost/evil child/etc start turning dangerous the stories tend to fall apart.

The nighttime tent sequence was great, though. That's very much how you would expect Sasquatch to behave
>surrounding their quarry at a distance
>closing in from all sides
>using wood knocks and calls to coordinate their approach
>running away quickly when startled, then returning

The roaring wasn't actually that unrealistic. Along with typical primate whoops and screams, Sasquatch make a wide variety of sounds, and their vocalizations ill vary from group to group. The only issue I had with their calls is that they should have been louder. You could tell it was just actors yelling at the top of their lungs. It would have been great if Goldthwait had played some actual Sasquatch recordings through one of those bullhorns you can load up with mp3s.

>You can't support such an energy intensive brain when you spend all day foraging for acorns and grass.
And they don't. They're social hunters. They migrate to follow game and avoid overpredation. They set up sophisticated ambushes requiring a social hierarchy. They're accomplished mimics and can imitate many animal calls.

The average adult requires about 30 kilocalories a day. About half the nutritional requirements of a Grizzly Bear. Like the grizzly their diet is almost entirely meat.

The typical debunker conversation goes like this
>how can it exist if there's no evidence
>well that's not real evidence
Repeat for as many iterations as necessary.

>Also reports are made in every state except Hawaii. Not just the Pacific Northwest.

Which makes them more unbelievable, since it then implies the species is not merely native to a specific isolated area of the United States but is instead a broad spanning population across the entire country which makes the likelihood of continued concealment in one of the most populous and explored nations on Earth even sillier.

"Reported sightings" are utterly meaningless.

No you just get cursed by warlocks and you'll never have sex.

The red pill that Bigfoot believes don't want to take is that what people see and remember is incredibly weak evidence. We like to believe what we see and remember is the truth.
But that's not true at all.
We don't see the truth and don't remember it right.
Eyewitnesses are total bullshit

BTFO

I didn't say I believe. I merely pointed out that sightings are still reported.

Yes and it has to be proven that they were sightings of Bigfoot.

People have been seeing shit forever.
Africa reports all the time to having seen demons and magical shit
But they're wrong because they're uneducated savages
Same as most Americans