twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Black Panther by Priest
>Hawkeye by Fraction
Nice

You gotta post some more if you want the thread to gain traction m8

Recent purchase is pic related

Nice shelf.

I am waiting for Dr.Strange omni and Fade Out deluxe, my recent books

Can anyone recommend some frames for hanging modern comics? Nothing valuable, just covers I like.

Is there an alternative to IST? They have good prices and shipping, but this is twice now in less than a month I've bought something that turns out to be out of stock and they take over a week to tell me, another few days to refund the item, and then almost another week to actually ship it. It's kind of ridiculous having to wait a month for a package because they forgot to update their stock.

Placed the order for Nausicaä today. That slipcase is going to look so cash on my shelf.

My recent purchases. I gave My Friend Dahmer away to a friend because I purchased the hard cover version from Amazon.

My first shelf.

My second shelf. And I have several books on pre-order.
Alex + Ada deluxe
Sky Doll: Spaceship which keeps getting delayed
Zombie Tramp: Year One Risque signed edition

Whats on the manga shelf at the top senpai?

The random numbered ones are from a liquidation sell at the Hastings I worked at.

Very good, man
Cho cover is so hot

Don't really have any shelf space right now, so most of my books are condemned to closet or parents basement. But this what I have in my nightstand

That is a very varied shelf

Bought these babies this month ! Having a blast. "A separate reality" and the Aaron run are the french version

I'm late to the party for all three of these books. I read the storytime for Vision the other day and it blew my mind.

Really interested in DKIII Last Crusade. Had no idea this was a thing (last DKIII issue I read was 4)

>reading alex + ada
but WHY would you do that, user? that comic was shit, on top of that rushed as hell

Reminder: use coupon code BNCREEP31 on B&N for an extra discount with the buy 2 get 1 sale. Waiting for Moon Knight Epic Collection 1, Batman Year 100 Deluxe, and Doom Patrol Book 2.

BNSPELL31 that is. Wrong Halloween related word.

Neat, how's their packaging? That plus the buy 2 get 1 on DC and Marvel makes it a bit better than IST. Now to decide if I want to feed my autism and hunt Swamp Thing down in hardcover or settle for it all in paperback

You're playing Russian roulette, really. Depends on where you live, but I haven't received a package from them that didn't at least have a dinged corner.

I just got my 3 GL Omnis, 2 and 3 were fine but 1 was a bust. Don't settle for a book in shitty condition, return that shit

alphabetical order? are you an official madman(tm)?

bump

Requesting pics of ''Dave Sim's Cerebus: Cover Art Treasury''

amzn.com/161377673X

I'm interested in getting it but want to check on the quality of the book first.

>he likes the most meme version of Hawkeye

kill yourself

I should be getting it in a couple of days. I'll post pics in this thread or the next.

please do, i'll check here daily. thanks.

Just picked up this sexy beast.

Getting real fucking tired of my pictures being uploaded sideways.

If youre uploading from mobile for some reason well you're stupid. But if youre in windows go to the file and make sure its the right way up, windows photo viewer has rotation options that save it to the photo.

I do it from my computer and I do rotate it in photo viewer. Still does it.

ooo is that a hc or tpb my dude? I have an "omnibus I believe.. i haven't started it yet, I really want to..

I did that thing where I start reading too much stuff and now I'm struggling to knock things out... Reading 9 things right now trying to play catchup. It's exhausting.

amazon.com/gp/product/B003O72YTG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Does this help?

Has anyone kept up on the "upcoming title releases" stuff lately?

finishing up lone sloane delirius tonight. so fun.

If anyone is waiting on Copra Round 4, I just emailed Bergen Street Press and apparently their shipments of it have been delayed and should take them another week.

Uh oh, CREAM is back.

bouncer to hell isn't that that collection it's the eighth album

Amazing Fantasy 15 Cover
Iron Man: Demon in a Bottle
Some of the covers from the vol 5 (I think?) run of Iron Man look amazing. That was the "Iron Man - Director of Shield" run that ends in "Iron Man - Disassembled"
Action Comics 1 or Superman 1 covers
That Superman Holding dead Supergirl up from Crisis on Infinite Earth
That one frame of Superboy Prime knocking out Con-El Superboy yelling "You're not Superboy" from either Infinite Crisis or one of the Teen Titans v3 tie-in Issues and then right beside it the double page from Legion of Three Worlds with Conner knocking Superboy Prime out yelling "Call me Superboy!"
maybe something "obscure" (meaning non big 2) Some of the "All Hail Megatron" covers look pretty nifty.

I don't really know how or where you'd get those though.

>that Cammy cover
classic Cho/Manara

He asked for frames, not covers

My local Books-a-Million had some cheap comic frames for $3.50. Seems to be four bucks on their online store:

booksamillion.com/p/Comic-Book-Frame/BAM-Exclusive/F9781492450597

>That one frame of Superboy Prime knocking out Con-El Superboy yelling "You're not Superboy" from either Infinite Crisis or one of the Teen Titans v3 tie-in Issues and then right beside it the double page from Legion of Three Worlds with Conner knocking Superboy Prime out yelling "Call me Superboy!"

Hamiltonbooks has incredibly discounted books.

Started at the beginning of the year. Opinions? What will I become.

I'm not going to post my shelf because it's a goddamn mess

Meh, not bad but not great either imo

Try to pick up some radically different stuff

Is that the same Wolverine book in two formats?

What do you mean, I like what im reading, in reality are the poorly written, I know Claremont is really good but are Mark Waid and Jason Aaron bad? Do you have a recommendation?

Derp, nevermind, volume number at the very bottom. The orange blended into the wood for me.

Two different Volumes. Wolverine and the X-Men 1 and 2.

Is Scott Snyder the same guy who does the movies?

The only one I'd call bad there is House of X, I find Waid and Aaron to be really solid straightforward superhero stuff

I mean less superhero stuff and maybe even some non DC/Marvel (not saying they're bad, just more different stuff is always good)

Check out books like Prophet, Cerebus, Transformers vs. GI Joe, Usagi, Hellboy

Pretty Decent besides house of M

Is Grant Morrison's Invisibles are good as people say?

yes

I'd recommend checking out Doom Patrol instead, they deal with a lot of similar ideas/plots but DP is much more fluid and tight, and DP just started coming out in great thick paperbacks

Invisibles is still pretty good, you can't go wrong with either

I heard Doom Patrol is just Capeshit, like DC's answer to X-Men. Is that just bullshit? please dont hurt my weak new X-Fag Feelings.

They're similar in their early origins but Morrison's DP uses the characters as metaphors for mental health issues and other disabilities, and not in a preachy annoying way like that might sound

Also imo Morrison is always better writing superheroes, his non-cape stuff is good too but he really loves and understands superheroes on a deep level and it shows

Also if you want more X books, check out X-Men Legacy, the X-Statix omnibus (one of the cheapest omnis), and Morrison's New X Men

My roommate and I just started doing a shared run of Hellboy to bond. He bought Seed of Destruction so I just got Hellboy: Wake The Devil and binged through it in an hour.

I'm hooked, yet have no more money for the next issue. I need my fix man. I need more Hellboy.

I came real, real close to picking up a Swamp Thing issue today, but they didn't have Vol. 2, which I'm on.

cheapgraphicnovels.com
they're pretty much the same as IST if you're american but seated in NY instead of Memphis.
you might run into the same problem.

Yeah they're DCCBS subsidiaries so they shouldn't be all that different regarding service

>Corto Maltese - In Siberia (March 2017)
saw this on amazon earlier. good to have a date on that.

>IST's packing/shipping speed
They clearly have some kind of odd batch perpetration method, and I have a feeling when a book isn't "within reach" they move on to an order that can be finished at that instant instead of finishing the one that's already started. I've had orders sit with one item out of five not "packed" yet for over a week before. Once your order leaves the "stream," you're waiting a while.

I've also had many orders that I make on Tuesday afternoon and receive on Thursday.

you should really read house of M and then decimation

those and astonishing x-men are my favorite xbooks

use a proper programme like paint.net
getpaint.net

Go for the Library Editions, and BPRD: Plague of Frogs after Libraryv3/Conquerer Worm

Do any of you have any cool signed/numbered books? Or just generally rare stuff, i'd like to add to my list of things i want to buy one day.

>open picture with MS paint
>rotate until right way up
>save

It's not rocket surgery.

Not sure if bait, but nah Zack Snyder does the movies

uuh... I have Marvel Graphic Novel number dunnowhat: Emperor Doom, is that rare?

Unless youre looking for something really high end looking just go to a Micheals or other large craft store... hell, i'm a poorfag so the frames I'm using are cheap as hell and from Wal-Mart.

Is it just the fourth Plague of Frogs that's absurdly overpriced?

it shouldn't be because I just got it and it was normal priced

are you looking at the hardcover or the paperback?

I have Hellboy: Library Edition v2 signed by Mignola, and Absolute Court of Owls signed by Snyder, Capullo, and Glapion.
The Superior Foes Omni signed by Lieber/Spencer.
The HCs of 3-4 are out of print, so they're expensive.

If youre both poorfags, just Pirate it, obv its better to buy the books but I think you would be forgiven.

that lil skeleton is dope dawg

Let the judgement begin....

that reminds me, I got 2 novels that are signed/numbered.
one German fantasy novel signed and numbered by the writer, Ulrich Kiesow, who died in the mid 90s, found it in a used bookstore and bought it for 2€. guy was the main writer for the biggest German RPG Das Schwarze Auge/The Dark Eye.
and I subsequently gave it to a friend as birthday present who actually collects all Dark Eye stuff, which numbers in thousands of objects by now.
Also got a signed copy of Excession by Iain M. Banks (who is also dead by now), but it's "For Paul" and that's not who I am, bought it used over amazon's marketplace.
comic book rare? nothing besides Emperor Doom.
maybe some old German shit, almost all of it translated from american, franco-belgian or italian mickey mouse comics but really can't tell if any of that was rare and they're all in horrible condition.

>owns a copy of Glory
top kek friend

mass effect library edition triggers me because I post in /meg/ and I hate Michael Turner's art.
Aside of that you've got some pretty nifty stuff there that is rarely seen here.

Thanks user. The Mass Effect comic was a gift from a friend who knew I liked Mass Effect and comics. Though it's not terrible, I don't think I would recommend it.

Turner (RIP) was my favorite artist; though Gunderson is quickly taking his place.

I just started reading comics. This is what I've bought in the past two months. Any recs? I got these on my wishlist:

Daredevil by Waid
The Omega Men by King
Hellboy Library Vol 1 by Mignola
Black Science by Remender

Anyone got any recs? I really like X-Men and Batman if you hadn't noticed haha

Why'd you get the Snyder Batman slipcase instead of the individual volumes which probably would've been cheaper?

your wishlist is good
>Any recs?
avoid Loeb
take a look at other non-Marvel stuff by Remender like Fear Agent
If you like Daredevil in general, pick up Brubaker's run
If you like Batman, pick up some older stuff like the stuff from pic related. the image is old as well though, says I saved it in 2010 so there's 6 years missing and some seems out of place like Emperor Joker, which was, funny enough, more of a Superman centered story.
nevertheless it's solid.
maybe fan out a bit, away from super heroes and to some other stuff?

I live in Leafsville and when I bought it the volumes weren't on sale.

slipcases are awesome, don't be cheap.

Shit, B&N won't let you pay over the phone anymore. That sucks.

why is Hellboy in Hell IDW

Fair enough.

I agree, but it's a pretty flimsy slipcase and doesn't even collect the full run.

Get the Miller Daredevil omni or Man Without Fear before Waid DD

>avoid Loeb
I liked Hush haha. And I was looking into Nova too. What's wrong with him?

>take a look at other non-Marvel stuff by Remender like Fear Agent
Yeah I love sci fi so I definitely will

>If you like Daredevil in general, pick up Brubaker's run
I think I'm gonna start with Waid because his is the lightest Daredevil and after reading all this Batman and X-Men I need some levity lmao. But yeah I did some research and it looks like Miller->Bendis->Brubaker is next if I want to read more after Waid

>If you like Batman, pick up some older stuff like the stuff from pic related
Will do my man. I actually have some of these on my secondary wishlist like Batman Year Zero / Year One, Long Halloween, and Dark Victory. I fucking love Arkham Asylum and stories centred around it, what miniseries/runs are about it?

>maybe fan out a bit, away from super heroes and to some other stuff?
Yeah for sure. Apart from Saga which I intend to buy the whole series of and Black Science, I'm also looking at The Spire, Descender, and The Black Monday Murders. You got any more recs? I'm into sci fi, neo-noir, steampunk, and history.

Thanks for the recs man.

>950 years since the Norman conquest of England
>people still recommend Batman: The Cult

I don't understand it.

>doesn't even collect the full run
I've read around, and I think from his run I'm just gonna collect Vol 4, Vol 5, and The Joker: Endgame (which collects Vol 7 and some other side stuff). If I'm gonna read Batman after that, I'll start with Detective Comics rebirth and then whenever King hits his stride in Batman Rebirth. Good plan?

Ehh I don't think I want to drop money on an Omnibus. I will get Man Without Fear though, thank you.

Artist's edition.

Have you considered the library? There's shelves of Mignola at the one I go to.

Eh is the word for this shelf. You seem too preoccupied with following characters due to your large X-Men collection. Try to experiment more.

>DC's answer to X-Men
Isn't that the other way around?

they came out like 3 months apart

everything was a bit muddy in that initial period of OH SHIT SUPERHEROES

But for whatever reason, the X-Men are beloved by all and the Doom Patrol are nobodies.

well Doom Patrol was (is) a lot more of a downer than X-men

so that might be why

I got a signed/sketched copy of Megahex from Fanta's kickstarter. I bought the Superior Foes omni from Steve's etsy so it's signed and has a Boomerang sketch. Anya Davidson sold her book School Spirits cheap signed and with a sketch so I have that. I also have Katie Skelly's Nurse Nurse and Operation Margarine signed and sketched in as well.