MCU had 1 job

aaand they still got him wrong

>Implying the shitty comic version was any better.

So why is this so important?
Explain without sounding like a total retard

rather than putting some actual effort into his design they opt to create a face with ripples.

its like F4 galactus cloud shit all over again

Except this time, drones got told to love it because it was made Marvel Studios/Disney.

You're acting like Dormammu can't come back or look different at all in the next movie

and don't get stared because there is going to be a sequel. Feige has a huge boner for Doctor Strange

all we saw was a disembodied face to an inter dimensional god like being that can probably take the shape and form of probably however he wants.

so why would he need to take a human shape or form? he didn't know Strange was coming. just that some prick human just entered HIS dimension and kills him IMMEDIATELY. Dormammu does what the fuck he wants

>people have faith in the company that refused to let even this guy, a fucking robot, be an intimidating design

Fucking drones need to leave, and also commit suicide

that form he took required absolutely zero imagination to create. it looked as bad as it was simple. instead of being terrifying it just looked like the grandma tree thing from pochahontas.

do we actually have to wait for sequels to make something look right? is that a thing now? we gotta keep a hope light on?

If they had a humanoid form wearing black with the flaming head, all the normies would've left the movie thinking he was the Ghost Rider or making jokes about them being too alike.

It was a big factral and extra dimensional alien head. It worked.

>implying any normies have even heard of Ghost Rider

They could have made it a creepy fire face instead.

They would have, yes.

Regarding a shitty Nic Cage movie. Their immediate reaction would then be "do not want".

This movie changed EVERY character.

But the one you complain about is, of course, Spooky Edge-lord McFlamehead. Fucking fedora tipper, get off of my comic books board

They could have made it just a flamey head.
Casuals would be no more confused by that than with Thanos and a California Raisin.

>They could have made it a creepy fire face

He looked like fire to me

>It worked.

Just because you say so, doesn't make it true. In fact the fact that you think so proves I have better taste and better standards for character design than you do....and I say that it didn't work.

>Big bad dimensional overlord who wants Earth
>gets blown the fuck out By Doctor Strange and agrees to his bargain
not seeing a problem
>t-shirts
>two movies
>Ultimate Alliance
>UMvC3
>AoS
get out more

so i gotta complain about the others first before i can get to dormammu? climb a wall of dicks fatass

The MCU will never have a good villain. Ever.

I look forward to them fucking up Thanos next.

That's no excuse for a piss poor attempt though. If Iron Man had flopped back in 2008, I doubt anyone would have tried to come to that film's defense by saying, "well it's not any better than the comics, really."

At this point I think they fucked up just by introducing him so early but then only ever have him sit on his ass in every appearance.

Even his blurb at the end of AoU doesn't hold weight when we're gonna have to wait for another 6 movies for him to actually do something.

>this way of typing and your whole point
I know you're baiting, but it still looks ridiculous.

It was an arrogant and timeless extra dimensional warlord that fed off the misery of the living, who just met Strange and struck a bargain with, resulting in a stalemate between the two to keep the status quo. That was the most Doctor Strange finale they could've written and you fuckheads still complain, why? It's not like you've read the comics, you just want to bitch about things.

I'm also used to a more hell-like dark dimension and humanoid Dormammu and underlings, but I can see why they went this route. My main gripe is the script and magic looking so lifeless, they could've gone full Strange with the spells and whatnot

Pretty much nobody who reads comics likes Ultron or finds him intimidating.

Now you can light the face on fire next movie.

I spent, without exaggeration around 10 hours a day on average on Sup Forums since 2008, between uni and home i'm pretty much always have a tab open - but I'll say this: please get out more. Ghost Rider is one of the few character Marvel has that is on par with DC in visual brand recognition, it's a biker with a flaming skull. Also it's fucking EVERYWHERE because it's so easy to market

Fuck you m8, I love Ultron and he's generally menacing and intimidation in all his appearances. The movie version is a bastardization and he could've been an actual compelling villain.

Utter bullshit.

consider suicide

Who /Umar/ here?

>I spent, without exaggeration around 10 hours a day on average on Sup Forums since 2008

>Umar

Anyone have pics?

And let's chill out since I am sure he will be back in the next it 3rd movie. He will get w humanoid form eventually.

My thing is if they have the balls to do Shuma Gorath who could be the next Thanos

what did you expect?

Isn't Shuma Gorath a Strange-only villain? The next villain is more likely to be the Beyonder, in terms of recognition, unless they manage to pull a Secret Wars so early and pull a God Doom once(if ever) Fox gives the FF rights back.

The skrulls are another option, but after Thanos, they'll just seem like costumed Chitauri to regular people.

>Complains that Dormammu looks like an extension of the dimension he inhabits

I dunno man, he was still far more visually correct than Ultron. Or Doomsday. Or Lex Luthor. Or The Joker. Or the majority of the characters in the X-Men movies. Or Bane. etc.

In the grand scheme of things, he's far from THAT bad.

I'd say, not if they do Secret Invasion tier super skrulls from the get go, but now that I think about it they don't have much variety in powers any way, at least when compared to the comics

fuck villains to be honest

Ultron was more accurate.

Doomsday looked the same way as he first appeared, and Luthor was accurate as fuck. You're clearly retarded

>10 hours per day on Sup Forums
I hope your not serious man. What would 70yr old you think of this? You could be spending this time learning an instrument or making fireworks.
>I received this exact speech a few days ago

>Doomsday looked the same way as he first appeared, and Luthor was accurate as fuck.

Just because you DCEU apologists keep saying these things doesn't make them right.

Nah, fuck you.

I wasn't here in 2008, were there threads full of people bitching about Iron Monger looking different? I was here in 2010 and I don't remember much complaining about Whiplash essentially being Crimson Dynamo. In fact I remember people praising him as one of the likable parts of the movie.

When did this perfect accuracy meme take hold? It seems these people have a very superficial grasp of these characters despite their attitudes.

There's always bitching when it comes to accuracy. Ever since they started doing adaptations of any variety.

That said with comic movies it doesn't matter it's an entirely different universe. Even in the comics characters are different between the universes.

>This cunt didnt read Birthright
>Didnt even read Death of Superman

fucking retard

Sure, but it seems much more pervasive now. At least on here. It's like back then we just took what we could get, now everything has to be some weird I'll-conceived idea of perfectly accurate or its shit.

Iron Monger didn't look that different...it was the same basic concept at the very least, but regardless of that fact Iron Monger and Whiplash are characters even comic fans don't give a fuck about....Iron Man rogues are generally seen as lame and pathetic so nobody cares and making them cooler like in the case of Whiplash is seen as fine.....if you wanted to make a good example you could have chosen a villain people actually care about to some extent..Mandarin, and yes people through a shitfit about that because they didn't make a lame character cooler, they made a cool character fucking garbage

Thus, this is the case of characters like Ultron and Dormammu....they might not be as iconic as say Green Goblin or The Joker, but to people who know a bit about comics they are known and well liked, they aren't some literally who's to anybody but casuals

Hell, Dormammu being in MVC3 alone grants him a fanbase or familiarity larger than a lot of other comic villains

>Ultron with TEETH
Even just that threw any accuracy out of the window

Maybe it has to do with the fact that, now that capeshit is more accepted, the movie costumes are becoming more and more comic-like, and so they expect the same from the villains.

People have always done that. I know you Disneykids aren't used to your previous Marvel films being criticized, but this is nothing new.

Why do they constantly fuck up their villains what the fuck is wrong with them

fucked up how?

>the movie costumes are becoming more and more comic-like
Not really. No matter who makes it there's always going to be some creative liberties had with the characters and story.

If it bothers you so much, stop watching MCU movies.

He'd have to stop watching comic movies entirely.

Dormammu.

I've come to bargain.

Everything else was great, could you imagine how much better it would be if a 300 foot imposing as fuck figure like Dormammu was throwing all these attacks at Strange but using huge versions of the magic seals the the others used.

>Expecting comic accuracy when the entire film took liberties on every character.

>Expectting Dormammu to use his common form instead of a more powerful multi dimensional form within his own dimension.

You played yourself.

He wasn't disembodied, just so b8g that his head was the most you easily see. The second time he kills Strange he rears back as if to crush him, and you can glimpse his arm and torso.

whats the fucking joke here

20 for 30, 50 for the hour

Ultron wasn't acurate given the teeth and the fact his face moved.

Doomsday didn't really look the way he first appeared and Eisenberg Luthor wasn't accurate at all.

I can excuse the head of hair, but Luthor to me has always been a paragon of human fitness because that's part of what makes him hate Superman. He's a self made man in every aspect, but Superman is his physical better by many orders of magnitude inherently.

Part of the Dr Strange mythos is that he never -ever- bargain with Dormammu.

But he does. The bargain he made in the movie is the same he made in the comics.

That's bullshit because it's stated multiple times in multiple comics that DrS doesn't ever make bargains.

In what issues?

I don't know, I just thought if I said something wrong enough times someone would correct me and answer the question

Goddamit user stop making my autism flare up. I guess the joke would be
>Dormammu, i've come to bargain
and then another user would make homosexual requests

Dude, Strange and Dormammu made a bargain shortly after they first met, back in Strange Tales #127. It was pretty similar to the deal in the movie too, with Dormammu agreeing not to invade Earth.

I should add, Dormammu broke the deal the second a loophole presented itself, but that took a little while.

Tfw was expecting pic related.

are you retarded?

He actually did look kinda like that, just purple instead of orange.

w-what's he like in the movie?

He's an intermentional overlord who wants Earth

He gifts power to evil magic men on earth who will attack each of the mystical safehouses, weakening the magical barrier the Ancient One put over the Earth in exchange for eternal life

He absolutly blows the fuck out of Strange, but then he gets Constantined into never returning to Earth

>then he gets Constantined into never returning to Earth

only as long as Strange is alive, though, so I'm guessing in a future film Strange will die and resurrected and Dormammu will pull some bullshit about 'you never said I couldn't return when you were undead'

Well the first time he did some shit like that he passed power to Mordo, so,
Since MCU Mordo left the school and believes that all magic truly comes with punishments (killing that man who used magic to walk again), and repeating that what Strange did (using the time stone against Dormammu and his followers) would have great consequences before running off, I think it's possible in the second or third movie he will return as the judge who will punish Strange for his loose use of magic, probably with Dormammu backing him, kinda like he did in the comics (Dormammu backing him, I mean)

Dormmamu is cute. CUTE.

>hot head
GET THIS HOT HEAD OUTTA OUR DIMENSION

Anyone have links to watch?
If I think it's worth it I'll go see it in theaters, but I still have yet to be convinced.

Super Abominations shouldn't have family. It diminishes their mystique.