The Sopranos

I'm on episode two, I'm liking it so far. Does the show get better or worst? How long until Chrissy watches it?

hands down the best TV show ever made.

Wire, madmen and GOT fags will try to dispute this but they don't have any valid arguments.

season 1-2 are great.... it gets soooo boring after

I haven't seen The wire. Madmen was meh at best. As for GoT, I am personally a GoT fag, but the show has gone to shit. I believe season 1-4 of GoT to be some of the best television ever made hands down, so if the show can get close to that I will be pleased.

Oh come on, the italian mob tv series Gomorrah is better if you don't watch the edited for tv Sundance version.

Sopranos+Mad Men>everything else

>Madmen was meh at best
>I am personally a GoT fag

its overrated. it gets better in the later seasons

It becomes trash after season 3
>tony cheats with new girl
>former wiseguy comes back from prison creating problems
>repeat

t. tony uncle al

Just enjoy the ride mate. Also leave this thread asap because people will spoil you to death.

GoT kinda shits on Madmen, GoT at its worst is just your average madmen ep.

Seasons 1-2 > 3-4 > 5 > 6

b8

The only show that maintains and actually increases in quality with each passing season

Breaking Bad is basically the Sopranos except not boring.

Breaking Bad is nothing like Sopranos, they're not even comparable, especially when you can think of a show like Mad Men that's such clear descendant of the Sopranos

>the hero of the show smothers an innocent old lady for literally no reason

DOugEi block you are path

The point is that criminals are fucking stupid and keep running into the same problems over and over, the one exception is Tony who is written in a way that makes him noticeably more intelligent than more or less everyone around him, which is part of why he's so depressed and enjoys seeing Melfi so much.

4 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 6B > 5 > 6A

Chrissy never watches it

breaking bad is like a cartoon

First few viewings
2>3>4>1>5>6B>6A

Third viewing and beyond
6B>6A>5>3>2>3>1

Gets better and better

You are a fucking moron pal.

she was, in fact, a malignant cunt

>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately
>bad acting
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>violent scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to series and movies with similar themes that don't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the sopranos" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>extended pitch black scenes because of a lack of a competent cinematographer
>audio issues with microphone static left unaddressed because of poor sound design
>extremely poor editing with magically disappearing extras and production staff accidentally walking into frame
>somehow the best thing in tv history

almost forgot
>no dragons or cool looking green explosions

Any retard who unironically thinks that BrBa and GoT are the best show ever made have never seen The Wire or The Sopranos, so their shit opinions are invalid anyway.

Mad Men is good but nowhere near as good, but I can see why some people would think it's the best show ever made. The Wire has the strongest argument, but still kind of pales in comparison side by side with Sopranos.

>the hero of the show smothers an innocent old lady for no reason, murders an epileptic waiter after not tipping him, and nearly causes a mob civil war by ratting out Ralphie to Johnnie for telling an innocent fat joke

Yet you still feel bad for him when he's on Tony's yacht near the end, or when Tony catches him laughing like a retard while watching some stupid kids show.

You know, Quasimodo predicted all this...

Some episodes are garbage, some are god-tier

>tfw Paulie was right all along about Chrissy

It gets boring, but maybe because i marathoned 2 seasons straight.

name some better shows so we can judge you

>Does the show get better or worst?
SPOILER

> Tony struggles with a nagging matriarchal figure this season
> A long-time scumbag member of the crew returns
> Tony will wrestle with the fact that his son behaving like a retarded faggot
> there will be a maudlin classic rock montage that you're supposed to find deep meaning to
> Tony shows sentimentality towards Meadow as she becomes an entitle bitch
> the long-time scumbag climactically gets wacked

oh....btw....THIS HAPPENS IN EVERY SEASON

UP IN THA CLUUBBBB

Would've knocked out this zip fuck for asking a fucking grand desu

>Sup Forums trying to shill another overrated crime show

Dude lmao he's a GANGSTER LMAO

I enjoyed season 6 the most. Season 3-5 were a bit boring save for based Buscemi

>he doesn't enjoy living the vicarious thrill

i thought buscemi's plot was the most boring part of season 5. season 3 and 4 were carried by ralphie, far and away the most interesting and entertaining of the "evil mob" members.

go back to reddi t you fuckin' queeyas

Honestly, you're right. I still do not believe he did the thing that he was accused of.

The redditor doesn't fall far from reddit's ass

is The Wire really that good? I can't get into it. Maybe I'm just too stupid

Takes a few episodes to get into but then you'll really start to appreciate the writing and characters

Let me tell ya couple three things...

>There is scraps in my scrapbook
What did he mean by this?

on rewatches I notice a few issues with season 3 but it introduces the best character in the series and has some kino moments like Ralphie quoting gladiator.

>tfw no season 3 with livia
>tfw no better actor to play Jackie jr
>tfw no 3 season long jackie jr story arc
>no jackie jr/chrissy rivalry to be tony's protege
>no tony picks jackie as his heir scene that jackie instantly irreperably fucks up
>no tony not telling chris he had chosen jackie as heir before him
>no chris finding out scene that would contribute to tony's paranoia about chris
>no therapy moment in season 6 where tony realizes both his proteges were degenerate drug users
biggest missed potential in the series.

still the ultimate kino show

meh I watched the whole first season and felt ripped off. Generic characters, generic writing.

surname is Leonardo
changed to LeoTARDO because his ancestors were autists

> you look like a Puerto Rican who-are

its overrated as fuck imo. especially all carmela and her daughter's scenes. in the later season literally EVERY episode has 10 minutes of them crying or being mad or screaming. i never fast forward anything but just had to skip those parts.

different genres. got 1-4 are more interesting yes but mad men is a slow burn.

youa re not special snowflake. literally everyone i know quit the wire after first few episodes then came back to it a year later. every single one of them think its the best show ever made.

he needed her money to get on good terms with tony again.

True. Mad Men is my favorite show ever but I admit that The Sopranos is objectively better.

>that jackie jr storyline
sounds like shit faggot

nice trips
you're still a finocchio and I hope you die in a car crash

>literally everyone i know quit the wire after first few episodes
damn everyone you know all at once?

>Skips to 1:39

but user I watched the entire first season. It was forgettable generic trash.

>oh eyyyy jackie listen up I know I barely know you and every time you speak you start six wars with your infallible stupidity but I dunno if my nephew whom I've groomed for this his entire life and who I love like a son is up to it and your dad was a pretty good guy so I think I want you to run my crew when I'm dead. Oh could you pass the gabagoo please?
Idiot.

Season 1 is a generic procedural cop drama, but don't forget this was cutting edge stuff 15 years ago. I'd say if you can stomach it, give season 2 a go. It's by far the best of the series and really opens the universe up. It only goes downhill from there though, so don't continue unless you're really engrossed.

am I the only one who feels bad for Chris even though he's a scumbag
the way he overcompensate hits too close to home
>I am loyle to my capo
>everyone laughing at him when Paulie cracks jokes about his daughter

u have to watch all 5 seasons man. its a great mesh of interconnected characters.

only gets better
this is a true pleb

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL. seasons 3 and 4 are the best u fucking idiot. season 2 wasnt even that good.

It dips in quality around the 4th season. By the sixth, although there are some great episodes, you'll probably start to get bored of it. But it is worth watching.

>oh eyyyy jackie listen up I know I barely know you
can you read? I'm talking about an entire character re purposing, where jackie jr was in the first 3 seasons. He could be the second major death after pussy, and he could have played a serious role in the succession plot line involving richie, especially involving the attempted assassination of chris

the plot about the heir makes sense. He never even brings up the chrissy as an heir plot until season 4.
Chrissy isn't really his nephew either faggot, and he loved jackie like a brother.

If a man can call one other man who isn't actually his nephew his nephew, why not two?

What I'm suggesting is at a bare minimum better than the forgettable trash story line of jackie jr we got in the show.

if I was Jackie i would've knocked meadow out for stealing my car

>extremely poor editing with magically disappearing extras and production staff accidentally walking into frame
i'd actually like to see evidence of this, would be funny. the only time i remember seeing a camera is the episode "army of one" when aj is trying on his uniform for military school and he walks to the mirror to evaluate it.
your opinions couldn't be any more incorrect by the way.

S1 is the worst. It doesn't get great until Tony's mom dies

You should leave this thread to avoid spoilers. I never understand why people make threads when they haven't seen it yet

Chrissy never watches it

you were wrong the first time you posted this, what makes you think you're going to be right when you post it multiple times?

Chris was the best character.

it's sad how things ended, he could've been boss

Imagine that someone took the time to write this drivel.

>How long until Chrissy watches it?

Never. He never does. That's the thing. He never fucking learns... to watch it.

you wouldn't if you were trying to score some fucking pussy mate which is exactly what jackie was doing and succeeded with

my man

didn't wake up this morning
plebs

Chrissy never watches it. It's an important theme of the show.

it's a pasta originally referring to season 3 of twin peaks that recently finished. you took the bait

Rate me Sup Forums

6B>6A>5>4>2>3>1

>student-tier storytelling
lol this entire post is student-tier storytelling. Congrats--you took film analysis 101 and went to half the classes, combined the bold words you learned from your textbook with your natural asshole cynicism, and came up with this.

standard/10

season 1,2 and 3 all have problems absent from the rest of the show and I agree that s2 is the best of the three but basically

>6b>6a>5>4
is indisputable

and seasons 1, 2 and 3 are just down to personal preference.

Watch me dispute it.
>5>6b>2>3>6a>1>4

Paulie is the mobster archetype,a ruthless psychotic scumbag who will kill anyone standing in the way of him and his money.

People say he's dumb but he's pretty crafty and cunning there's a reason he "survived the 70s by the skin of his balls" and is one of the only survivors till the end, a perfect example is when he's on the boat with Tony in "Remember When" most others would think that since years have passed they can admit something, but Paulie knows better and he survives because of it.

He can read people like a book, keep in mind he's one of the only people who actively despises Richie, Ralph, Vito, and Feech who all cause problems in the end.

this must be the stupidest post i read allyear

add Chris to that list too

Once you get to know the characters, the Sopranos instantly becomes the funniest television show ever made. Prove me wrong

>Chase knew this

patrician.

That man really knew how to watch it.

Except when he completely misreads Johnny Sac and only realizes his mistake when he learns that Carmine doesn't even know who he is.

It really is the perfect drama in that it combines tragedy and comedy so well.

you're a fantasy loving man child

Paulie fucks up a lot, causes a lot of shit, and still survives. Maybe cause his mother was a nun.