/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

We Live Inside a Dream Edition

picosong.com/wsrgs/

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile:

>no set design, feels empty and lifeless
>no interesting ideas for storylines and generally bad writing
>relies on gimmicks only instead
>those are unoriginal or just bad, unfortunately ("fuck you, albert", glove, andy and lucy, coordinates, riddles, ...)
>bad acting (Bell, Lynch, Horse, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>dull characters (one-dimensional at best)
>storylines and characters are introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>shot in digital in a way that doesn't compensate for the technology's disadvantages (looks bad)
>roadhouse scenes (out of place, badly shot, the songs, the bands, the extras, ...)
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters are shown walking up complete sets of stairs)
>stretched out needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, complex or "deep"
>can't compare to the original series that doesn't have those problems (coherent/complex and beautiful sets, costumes and make-up/well shot/well acted/well written/magnificent multi-dimensional characters and character relations, music, storylines and gimmicks/creates a unique athmosphere as a result, changing the world of television forever whereas "the return" neither manages to do something established really good nor to invent something new)
>extended pitch black scenes because of a lack of a competent cinematographer
>audio issues with microphone static left unaddressed because of poor sound design
>extremely poor editing with magically disappearing extras and production staff accidentally walking into frame
>somehow the best thing in tv history

I too watched the early episodes and had great reviews for friends and family and felt like this was going to be a great revival. But instead, it has been revealed as nothing more than a weekly outlet for ridiculous cameos and pointless dialog. I'm 14 episodes in, and it's torturous barely suitable for SyFy. David Lynch has managed to bury the stellar reputation of the first season even deeper into the ground. How did Kyle Maclachlan agree to sign on to this garbage. He can't be that desperate for work or cash. A total waste of your time.

friendly reminder that doppelcoop did nothing wrong and Cooper was the real fuck-up the entire time

How can people even go on with their lives watching regular TV?

WE LIVE INSIDE KINOA

>The Truman brothers are true men.

What did she mean by this?

>Booper's goal was to keep Cooper's body so that he could disgrace his image with a mullet

imagine reading all this shit lmao

Why would I pay money for Transcendental Meditation when I can meditate for free?

They're not tulpas.

>Either the Fireman has tricked him or

Remember the white-eyed Fireman dopple laughing with BOB and Mr. C?

And Coop does get told "430" while trapped in the Black Lodge.

Ambiguous!

>meditating for free
>not wanting to learn how to levitate

K I N O
I
N
O

>*RECORD SCRATCH FREEZE FRAME*
>Uh-oh

>video art you would expect in a video art museum.
so it's a masterpiece then

everyone watch eagleheart: paradise rising from a few years back. closest at capturing the peaks feels. ends on a very grim note as well.

Sheryl Lee is a national treasure

the driving scene was so good

just another last minute script rewrite to replace Harry

>you lived long enough to see the end of twin peaks
>the end of twin peaks

Oh, quite clearly. It needn't have been made at all.

I came to realize on Sunday that Twin Peaks before The Return was good in spite of Lynch, rather than because of him, and I'll never figure out how he blundered into making FWWM as good as it was (oh, wait; he had an editor forced on him to remove two hours of useless garbage). I'll never watch his bullshit again. He's made some great films, but this, like Inland Empire, was meaningless, pretentious film school garbage.

>a pointless series of nonsensical impulses just splattered into celluloid like the ejaculate of a masturbation addict
>"dude u just don't get it"
>no connection at all with the plot or thematic devices of TP or FWWM
>"dude lmao lynched"
>significant characters abandoned (desmond, annie), others conceived for no evident reason of any kind and abandoned (drunk guy, billy)
>"don't expect to get spoonfed bro"

Lynchriders are the arthouse equivalent of those fags who justify garbage like Transformers with platitudes like
>lmao just turn your brain off bro and have fun

It's exactly the same thing. Fucking morons.

This was so uncomfortable.

>only a 7.5 on imdb
I don't know user, that's kind of pushing it for me

I was paid by Showtime to shill this show on Sup Forums.

>What can I say? Watching not only series 3, but the entire previous two series' comprehensively trashed by the finale has left me feeling - and I'm not exaggerating - utterly sickened. That blood-freezing scream at the end underlined that we have willingly subjected ourselves not to a dream, but an 18-hour waking nightmare. Kind of reminded me of the mother's scream at the end of the film Threads - a black howl of despair and hopelessness. Episode 17 was poor, but episode 18 really took the biscuit. One of my main criticisms of the show was that it was only tangentially connected to Twin Peaks. Episode 18 had no connection whatsoever to Twin Peaks. I think that it's safe to say that Lynch was taking the piss the entire time.

>It's difficult put into words how utterly furious e17 made me. Bu retconning the story so that Laura Palmer never died, Lynch effectively ripped the heart out of the original show. How are we supposed to view the original, in which so much was invested over so much time, in light of the revelation that it, in effect, never happened in the first place? It turns what was a tragedy into a minor inconvenience and effectively wipes the whole narrative from existence. Remember how upset fans of The Simpsons got when they were told that Principal Skinner was an imposter all along? This is even worse. People have grown up with this story, and to callously destroy it in this manner is just cruel and mean-spirited.

>No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

What do you think Sheryl Lee's butt smells like?

Superimposted Cooper's sad face was the best part about 17.

too fucking depressing of an ending

fix your heart or die

>2017
>imdb

Like hugs and kisses. : )

Cooper created a dream where Laura is alive.

He didn't fuck anything up, he just forgot he was inside a dream, and needs to find a way to get her out before waking up.

Sarah's screams resonate through his dream, reminding Laura of her identity in Coop's waking world.

Judy is the house

Room service

So, what's the deal with disappearing box in Buenos Aires?

So why did Lynch and Frost decide to not reveal the script to %99 of the cast? Is it because it's pretty much about fucking nothing and that half of the actors would leave?

how can a regular house be so foreboding
lynch is a god

flowers

One and the same

Q: Will we learn more about Annie and her fate in the new series?
A: All I can say is: Wait for my addendum to the book [Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier] to come out.

LMAO

ANNIEFAGS BTFO

>(drunk guy, billy)
heh

I hate that I share a board with that faggot from the last thread.

lol

TWIN PEAKS SEASON 4

The year is 2189. Space Patrol Officer Dane Copper is assigned to investigate the murder of Lara Parker aboard the Orbital Platform 7W1NP34K5 and comes face-to-face with the infamous hacker syndicate BLACKLODGE and the malevolent AI B-08 who has been brainjacking the colonists for decades.

Is it true that Lynch killed Jack Nance?

Post the three top kino episodes.

Imagine your main claim to fame being a tv show that was extremely popular in the early 90s, then going from small role to small role in various tv shows over the years that nobody remembers, then when your claim to stardom returns you only get a small role and get overshadowed by new characters

3, 8, 18

Yes. Twin Peaks was also about him raping his daughter

>post yfw there will be a CW remake of Twin Peaks when Frost and Lynch are dead

Any African-American women aged 65+ browsing ITT? Message me if so.

>no connection at all with the plot or thematic devices of TP or FWWM
>there are literally clips from TP and FWWM in the Return

Lynch will die now

So nobody knew everything and nothing meaningful could leak. The few times things did leak Lynch was super pissed.

this

F

!Elpoep kcalb setah osla eh

The 1 star is for MacLachlan managing to shine in this utter turgid disaster. In fact, the man deserves an Emmy for being the only thing breathing life into this sterile nihilistic nonsense (no thanks to Lynch+Frost). The people raving about this are pseudo-art-house lovers. This is utter garbage masquerading as art-house. After giving this the benefit of the doubt, I don't just hate it: I wanna spit it back out of my head and separate it from my loving memories of the old, great Twin Peaks. And this is coming from the artiest of arty viewers with diverse international tastes who has sat through some of the weirdest, slowest things ever put on screen.

Congratulations, Lynch. You have now managed to make the Evelyn Marsh, Dick Tremayne and Billy Zane sections of the 1st 2 seasons look like gold in comparison. This production is the single most awful,repulsive thing I've ever seen on screen. It's right up there with watching a live octopus being eaten by a actor in a Korean film. At least the latter was mercifully brief...

Ray...

8, 16, 18

8, 16, 18

They did the same thing in the original series. Ray Wise was apparently somewhat devastated to find out that he killed Laura.

>Written by Marc Guggenheim and Greg Berlanti

>all the lynch episodes of the original series were the darkest ones
>he ended the show with cooper trapped in the lodge
>being surprised that the new season directed entirely by lynch was dark

lmao

get lynched

>All I can say is BUY MY BOOK

Real subtle, Frost.

>devil trips

RAY NO

Serious rating.

Uhh... I'm not sure if hivemind or just posted twice.

18 was shit, 17 was too cheesy. Nowhere near good as the S2 finale. (Hell, even the S1 finale, and what little of it I remember)
11 had the best Dougie segment.
8 was indisputably kino

When did he find out? I thought it was pretty clear by the start of season 2.

>You.. and.. I

douGI SAVE LORa

8 WAS THE BEST EP

3, 8, 17/18

this must be bait kys

I guess people have come in terms with episode 18 already?

Realistic patrician/10

>trapped in the lodge
>using lodge powers to jump into dreams

I really don't see how he's "trapped" anywhere. He's able to travel through lodges, dreams,realities, and has knowledge of where to go/what to do.

Ray... Easy on the black grandmas.

No one mentioning 3? wat

Episode 18 was always good.

Out of all the runtime this show had, what was the lowest point for you?
The only thing I really hated was NIN's performance in The Roadhouse, this was too out of place and I'm saying this as a former fan, almost killed the mood for the otherwise best 8th episode.

*cool

I still don't know what to think of the ending.

Where did the quads go?

3, 8, 18

if i were to create a "fan edit" of something like, all of Richard Horne's scenes together in one, where would I upload it? would youtube kibosh that immediately?

I don't understand the coordinates thing. Mr. C said he was looking for the picture on the card, which I assume is pic related. So why did some of the coordinates take him to the electric trap that killed Richard and the others took him to the White Lodge which lead to his death? Is he that dumb?

Also what did Coop mean when he told Cole he was trying to kill two birds with one stone? Destroy Bob and Judy? Save Laura and destroy Judy?

i agree with this. S1&2 was an original mystery cop show that was its own thing as well as commentary on TV at the time. S3 does the contemporary commentary on TV shows and antagonists, but it never tries to be like season 1&2 it only tries to be better than it. S3 was good. But it lacked soul.

I was a little distraught right after it. It was difficult to process but it left a huge impact on me.
Highest points of this season are e8 and the final sequence.

>pale horse means death
>log lady says:
"A poem as lovely as a tree: As the night wind blows, the boughs move to and fro. The rustling, the magic rustling that brings on the dark dream. The dream of suffering and pain. Pain for the victim, pain for the inflicter of pain. A circle of pain, a circle of suffering. Woe to the ones who behold the pale horse."
>sarah palmer, a woman in eternal misery over the death of laura, would see a white/pale horse when she got drugged by Bob before he went out to kill
>cooper sees a white/pale horse
>Laura/Carrie has a white horse toy in her house
So what's the white horse?

I hated everything with Audrey

her first scene was terrible over-acting, and it only got a tiny bit better

also in her first episode it ends with an obese women singing with auto-tune. It was fucking painful, and a terrible choice, If it wasn't auto-tuned it would be fine.

Apparently it was the morning after the Emmy Awards in 1990, so prior to season 2.

>17 that low

Why?

That has to be bait. 18 was not GOOD. The concept and the desolate feel of it was fine I guess, but it was boring as fuck
>10 min Dern and Coop traveling
>5 min sex scene
>10 min night drive scene
Yeah it was sure as hell time spent well. It's not like there were a million different storylines that could've wrapped up.