For Frodo

For Frodo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K3I8I_i8Syw&index=20&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7
youtube.com/watch?v=_i3Ax4YJySg&index=21&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7
youtube.com/watch?v=Zjm1DRMEyUQ&index=22&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7
youtube.com/watch?v=T5y99rpk8to&index=23&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7
youtube.com/watch?v=WskRAEggqkQ&index=24&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7
youtube.com/watch?v=Rag_9J1ZC2g&index=25&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7
youtube.com/watch?v=6Gl3vuQLrKM
youtube.com/watch?v=_pGaz_qN0cw
youtube.com/watch?v=rCY_Hjv7vKc
youtu.be/sTOfAvjGmNs
youtube.com/watch?v=2rtpEbRyqbg
youtube.com/watch?v=e9K7fueW4Bk&t=80s
old.ahmadtea.ua/userfiles/files/Tolkien/Lord Of The Rings - Part 2 - The Two Towers By J R R Tolkien.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=sqjfq5gsfYk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

For Gimli's distracting stunt double.

I can't be the only one who literally got out of their seat and shouted Fuck Yeah at this scene

Who the fuck does that? Wait, I know the answer.

For You__

was it autism?

YEEEEAAAHHHHH THAT GAME WAS THE SHIT

Orc Bane?

Did they forget Sam?
The actual hero of the story

>4 frodos
Holy shit that's racist, they were Merry, Pippin and Sam

>Aragorn and Gandalf talking in the two towers extended edition
>Gandalf assuming Frodo went alone
>Aragorn tells him he isnt alone as Sam went with him
>Gandalf seems suprised

So Gandalf had just assumed Sam either died or just fucked off somewhere and didn't bother to inquire about him

I never understood this line. Was it an eagles reference?

he's surprised because he's pleased, it gives him a sudden smattering of hope.

>lotr thread
and my excuse to post some stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=K3I8I_i8Syw&index=20&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7

youtube.com/watch?v=_i3Ax4YJySg&index=21&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7

youtube.com/watch?v=Zjm1DRMEyUQ&index=22&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7

youtube.com/watch?v=T5y99rpk8to&index=23&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7

youtube.com/watch?v=WskRAEggqkQ&index=24&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7

youtube.com/watch?v=Rag_9J1ZC2g&index=25&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7

just for you dear user
youtube.com/watch?v=6Gl3vuQLrKM

thanks for this f a m

Yewfoohls was the name of the main eagle from that clan of eagles, so yes

>Sam's speech
>Pippin's song (melody made up on the spot)
fuck, I was not expecting these feels tonight

in return, my favorite song from the soundtrack..has made my eyes watery a couple times listening to it
youtube.com/watch?v=_pGaz_qN0cw

Looks like Pavel's back on our flightplan, boys!

Sam was a fat faggot who only existed as a character to push gollum over the edge

they thought Frodo was dead retard... look at his ayes, his crying. It was suicide.

that would be a nice wallpaper and poster to my room

anyone has it in a better resolution?

no worries friend

howard shore did such a great job on the whole soundtrack but this opening, introducing us to hobbiton, the playful elements and knowing, hearing in the notes between what comes next in the story. it's just perfect.

Sam was the best friend a ring bearer could have.

youtube.com/watch?v=rCY_Hjv7vKc

All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you.

Read the books

>“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”

I need to get these words framed somewhere

Remember that time Faramir was like I NEED THAT RING FRIENDS and took Sam and Frodo to Osgiliath?

was he orcpilled?

So emotive.... I think they should have reduced the time with Sam and Froudo gary relaitionship and focus more on honor or love relaitionships.

A DARING SYNTHESIS IF EVER I'VE SEEN ONE

If anything, they should have spent more time on their gay relationship and removed the part where Frodo sends Sam away over some fucking bread crumbs
Fuck Peter Jackson

>"Alas, I have become ... The Lord Of The Rings"

Nine companions. So be it. You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring.

Who now has the strength to stand against armies of Isengard and Mordor? To stand against the might of Sauron and Saruman and the union of the two towers.

Authority is not given to you to deny the return of the king!

Thanks Cinemasins

kill yourself

Best LOTRO song coming through.

youtu.be/sTOfAvjGmNs

Are these the greatest chase scenes in film?
youtube.com/watch?v=2rtpEbRyqbg
youtube.com/watch?v=e9K7fueW4Bk&t=80s

I dunno man, in the books the Nazgul are just kind of regular dudes who happen to be clad in shadow
They're much more imposing and spirit-like in the films, and it's silly to think of them having to ride around a lake for 30 miles cause they couldn't take the ferry

underrated

It think it's cause Evil Spirits don't like moving water.

Did that not happen in the books?

where do you find more shit like this? both the pic and the song.

it was simpler: they needed their horses to properly pursue the hobbits, their horses were still very much mortal and could have perished in that river

Absolutely not, the entire point is that their friendship never wavers
They even run through the entire lair of Shelob together, Frodo just gets paralyzed while Sam is distracted by an ambush from Gollum
Random PDF of Two Towers if you wanna read it old.ahmadtea.ua/userfiles/files/Tolkien/Lord Of The Rings - Part 2 - The Two Towers By J R R Tolkien.pdf (Chapter 9, starting at page 217)

Good post. Ty my man

forgot one of the most epic fight scenes ever filmed.

are you serious?
"fly" means "run away"

youtube.com/watch?v=sqjfq5gsfYk

it still gives me goose bumps, that music, that camera pan, after hearing the horn of gondor...

To be fair, Gandalf uses fairly modern day speech most of the time and fly is quite dated. Just fucking up the consistency of speech to get an epic line in the movie. It's as if the Gondorians had randomly decided to use their more old-timey speech sometimes
>one of the capture word is st mellons
MELLON

Holy kekerino batman

I was fucking terrible at this game.

He's surprised because when Gandalf came back as Gandalf the White he had little to no memory of his previous life and only gained it back bit by bit so when Pippin told him Sam was with Frodo Gandalf probably remembered "Oh of course, Sam, of course he's with Frodo".

>Where are you going, Mr Baggins?
>I'm off on An Unexpected Journey!

For Galadriel's bare feet.

>in 3D!

YAAAASSS KAAANG SLAAAAYY

he could have just said "flee, you fools"

Fly is more expressive

see

>give me your load, frodo
was there an intentional homoerotic undercurrent?

>yo chill nigga I got two warrants on me

Why didn't they just fly the eagles to Mordor?

>name's Underhill, my business ain't none a yo business nigga

What's the good in the world to keep fighting for?

Rosie's sweet ginger pussy

Was Boromir a beast in the books too?

>My friends....you bow to no one.

Yeah. In the Two Towers he kills even more orcs in his last stand.

Not gonna lie i miss this frodo meme tbqh sempai

It's implied that making the journey from Gondor to Rivendell was some sort of superhuman feat in its own right. Borormir was literally the greatest warrior in all of Gondor.

Reddit

RIDE NOW
RIDE NOW
RIDE
RIDE FOR RUIN
AND THE WORLD'S ENDING
DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEATH
DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEATH
DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEATH
DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEATH

*horns blowing*

>I can't carry it for you
>BUT I CAN CARRY YOU

why did gimli bow to the horse? are drarves a lesser race than horses?

Are these movies anyone else's favourite?

>that crowd of people

kind of hoping for terrorist attack desu senpai

> the actor playing the uruk actually threw the knife and viggo actually parried it

This scene.

Durins Bane?

>thought they were just making a wordless battle cry as a kid on my first viewing
>realize later on they were saying death because they did not expect to win the battle
>they screamed death because they accepted their fate and would go into it bravely with bloodied swords
Fuck man

I really remember this being "Run, you fools." Is this an alternative cut?

It's just yo nostalgia brain dawg. I used to think Samual Jackson said hold on to your nuts in JP too.

You guys are from the Berenstein universe

"I'm glad to be with you Samwise Gamgee - here at the end of all things."

Also:
"My dear Sam, you cannot always be torn in two. You will have to be one and whole for many years. You have so much to be and to enjoy and to do. Your part in the story will go on."

Tears every goddamn time. Return of the King will always be my favorite of the films.

>geez, what happened to your mountain my dwarf friends?
>Well some say it truly is the desolation of smaug

I can hear the voice, I can hear the horns. They accepted their death, they road in with honour and with out fear. Brings tears to my eyes.

>Sauronman

>My friends
>You bow to no one
Just thinking about it makes me emotional. Return of the King is as close to a perfect movie as you can get.

In the book there's giant piles of dead Uruks by his corpse. I think the movie does this too but its understated compared to the book.

me personally? big fan of the /bundes/

>Frodo, the Argonath, long have I longed to look upon the kings of old...my kin.

Low key great scene.

its shit

>long have I longed

>just rewatched these for the first time since 2010 a couple weeks ago
>suddenly want to rewatch them again especially after watching a bunch of the documentaries with my blu ray set
I want to make it an annual tradition but I'm really tempted to bite the bullet and start again.

Did you watch the extended editions?

cool blogpost

Of course, I haven't watched the theatrical versions since seeing them in theaters.
It was really unreal seeing Fellowship and Harry Potter 1 just a month apart in 2001, I don't think we'll ever see the fantasy genre get that good again.

>stop discussing tv and film reeeeee