ONCE I CALLED YOU BROTHER

ONCE I CALLED YOU BROTHER

pretty good at depicting God as an unstoppable outside force, neither completely good or bad.

Oh Dreamworks, how far you have strayed.

Anyone else felt kinda bad for the pharaoh? Like when Moses came back after mad long the pharaoh was like "so thats all you came back for? didnt come back to say high to your bro?" Then he went all "fuck you to then, and your jews"

well, that and in the bible story god basically used the pharaoh as a puppet by "hardening his heart" against his brother.

:(

ONCE I THOUGHT THE CHANCE TO MAKE YOU LAUGH

To be fair, the justification is so he can release the Jews from slavery. Not like Pharaoh has the power to say "okay no more slaves anymore kthx bye" without serious repercussions from other powerful Egyptian figures. So he needs to demonstrate the might and wrath of the Jewish God.

WAS ALL I EVER WANTED

THIS WAS MY HOME

I
SEND
MY
SCOURGE
I
SEND
MY
SWORD

ALL THIS PAIN AND DEVASTATION

HOW IT TORTURES ME INSIDE

ALL THE INNOCENTS WHO SUFFERED

Theres no real "to be fair" when it comes to old testament God. He played humans against each other and toyed with them all just to prove his points to them and everyone else.

Those were the best parts of the song, the numerous voices of God speaking, pretty much saying "I am going to fuck your shit up with everything I've got."

FROM YOUR STUBBORNNESS AND PRIDE

>All them Egyptian cuties in transparent clothes showing their curvy silhouettes
Hell yeah

YOU WHO I CALLED BROTHER WHY MUST YOU COME DOWN ANOTHER BLOW?! THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED?

>God makes pharaoh stubborn
>God punishes pharaoh for being stubborn
>like seven times

Man, what's the guy's problem.

Probably the best interpretation of the book of Moses put to celluloid. I fucking love this movie with a passion and I an agnostic. It deserves a special 2 disc bluray. We also need Antz re-rendered FFS!

I was expecting Metal Gear Solid references but I was disappointed

Thus saith the lord

gives me chills

Pharaoh seemed like a real bro.

Not cool God. Not. Cool.

Rameses did nothing

N O T H I N G

wrong.

God is an absolute prick.

Just loved how utterly terrifying God was, every line uttered by his voices grinded the fear of god into your soul.

A good reminder that the abrahamic god is 10x times more terrifying than any polytheistic deity that gets hyped across all kinds of media, despite being presented as kind or apathetic most of the time. He's definetely eldritch level, an all consuming wave of pure fuck you.

Pharaoh didn't deserve any of that shit.

>tfw there will never be a modern version featuring a ww2 american jew corporal returning to his brother who thought he was lost
>the brother is Adolf Hitler

THIS WAS MY HOME

THEN LET MY HEART BE HARDENED
I NEVER MIND HOW HIGH THE COST MAY GROW
THIS WILL STILL BE SO
I WILL NEVER LET
YOUR.
PEOPLE.
GO.

BUT NOW WE HAVE TO FIGHT EACH OTHER

AND WE TRUST OUR FATE
TO THE HEART OF THE CARDS

NO MATTER WHAT!

BUT NOW I CALL YOU...LOVER

BY THE POWER OF RA

MAY THE BEST MAN WIN

> "Aaron, at the command of Moses, raised his staff over the Nile River. The water turned to blood causing the fish to die and fill the land with an awful odor"

> "Aaron raised his staff again over the streams and rivers causing frogs to come out of the river. The frogs overran the country.

> The next plague was brought on by Aaron striking the dust with his staff. This caused the plague of lice.

> "If you do not let my people go, I will send swarms of flies on you and your officials, on your people and into your houses. The houses of the Egyptians will be full of flies; even the ground will be covered with them

Prince of Egypt was about the relationship between Rameses and Moses, not God's promise or the commandments

Are there any other good works that show God as being fucking terrifying?

This and SMT are the only ones I can reall think of.

> If you refuse to let them go and continue to hold them back, the hand of the Lord will bring a terrible plague on your livestock in the field—on your horses, donkeys and camels and on your cattle, sheep and goats.

DELIVER IS

>if God is all powerful, he cannot be all good
>if he is all good, he cannot be all powerful

I stopped reading the bible when I was 16, but IIRC it never explicitly says God is 100% good. It says he is holy. I've always seen God as a Lawful Neutral type deity, while Satan would be Neutral Evil

> "Take handfuls of soot from a furnace and have Moses toss it into the air in the presence of Pharaoh. It will become fine dust over the whole land of Egypt, and festering boils will break out on people and animals throughout the land

> "Let my people go, so that they may worship me, or this time I will send the full force of my plagues against you and against your officials and your people, so you may know that there is no one like me in all the earth. For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the earth. But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.

1/2

> You still set yourself against my people and will not let them go. Therefore, at this time tomorrow I will send the worst hailstorm that has ever fallen on Egypt, from the day it was founded till now. Give an order now to bring your livestock and everything you have in the field to a place of shelter, because the hail will fall on every person and animal that has not been brought in and is still out in the field, and they will die.

2/2

[Inarticulate chanting intensifies]

> If you refuse to let them go, I will bring locusts into your country tomorrow. They will cover the face of the ground so that it cannot be seen. They will devour what little you have left after the hail, including every tree that is growing in your fields. They will fill your houses and those of all your officials and all the Egyptians—something neither your parents nor your ancestors have ever seen from the day they settled in this land till now.

> Stretch out your hand toward the sky so that darkness spreads over Egypt—darkness that can be felt.” So Moses stretched out his hand toward the sky, and total darkness covered all Egypt for three days

> "About midnight I will go throughout Egypt. 5 Every firstborn son in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn son of the female slave, who is at her hand mill

God is pretty terrifying in the Old Testament. He basically fucks over a guy's life just to prove a point to Satan.

I mean besides that. It's hard to ignore the old testament in this case.

Probably not much. The minute you even so much as mention God these days you get swarmed by fedora-tippers and fundamentalist Protestants each wanting to kick your ass. Maybe the Darksiders series, but it has been a while since I played that, so I'm not even sure.

I CAN GO THE DISTANCE

FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE PHAROH IS EVIL

You were the chosen one! You were supposed to destroy the jews, not join them!

>tfw athesists and moralfags get buttmad about god about that.
You'd think trying to attribute human character traits to an eldritch extradimesnional being would be stupid right?
>hurr durr why does arahamic skyfather not share my post modern ethics systems???

God is
the same way we say Darkside *is*
You cant attribute human traits to forces beyond human comprehension the same way you cant call gravity mean when a baby falls from a 4 story building.

This. Old Testament God is brutal, unpredictable, unforgiving, and at points flat-out vindictive. But you devote yourself to Him all the same, because He is The Creator.

Such a brutal unforgiving God doesn't make much sense to us in CURRENT YEAR, compared to love-and-roses Jesus and the New Testament, but it's simply a reflection of the harsh and unforgiving atmosphere the ancient Israelites lived in and the lack of revision to the material later on, as Jews don't care about converting people.

Pharaoh wasn't Moses' brother in the bible though. in fact I'm fairly certain there were two different Pharoahs

This is a bullshit retcon.

Jews were originally not Monotheistic. The point of the original Passover story was that the Jewish God was so badass he could leave his native land and go to Egypt and still have power.

Old Testament God is kind of a dick when you look at it from a human perspective.

On the other hand, even if he torches your city, or turns you to salt, or any of that shit, he leaves you alone when you're dead. It's only in the New Testament that that shit gets extended to eternal punishment AFTER your dead.

>You cant attribute human traits to forces beyond human comprehension
Bullshit we can't, he made us in his image, thus to say that he is completely incompatible with human thinking goes against that.

I believe the Pharaoh was his uncle

They were also rumored to originally be cannibals.

But this was way, WAY before they were called Jews and were like animists or something.

>cannibals
doesn't seem very kosher

I thought Yahweh rather distinctively forbade human sacrifice.

Why didnt my oarenrs teach me something useful and interesting

Chicks dont dig dudes who know the bible. They just dont.

Parents*

>I thought Yahweh rather distinctively forbade human sacrifice.

He did, and I said pre-Judaism.

It's thought by some to be the original reason why they don't eat pork.

>Rameses did nothing
>N O T H I N G
>wrong.
Well of course. Rameses had nothing to do with it. In fact none of the Pharaohs had anything to do with it. There was no significant Jewish slave population in Egypt. There was no Moses, and there was no Passover.

Jews can't even agree on which Pharaoh they were talking about. Because it was made up and Rameses is picked after the fact because he was famous.

I thought the pig thing was because of how awkward proper butchery and preparation is compared to other animals and how cross-contamination happens with greater frequency where pork is a factor

>In *his* image
It doesnt specify physically, spiritually or mentally, it could be all, one or none, neither of which make any sense.
However if we read it as him creating another entity with a individual soul outside causality immortal and capable of self awarness then we can see it as such.

If you really want to read in to it specifically then god is complicated because *we* are complicated and he made us in his image, however we as a unit and collective are capable of evolution, ideas, memes, dialectics all filtered and broken a thousand times until the stronger remains, ideas and people adapt and god is outside of adaptation he merely *IS* so we inherit gods awareness of itself instead of his nature which changes constantly.

>I fucking love this movie with a passion and I an agnostic
I love it too, and I'm an atheist
Honestly I dont see how anyone could think this movie is anything other than amazing, even if they don't believe or have ties to the story spiritually.
The art, the music (I even like this campy number ), the brother dynamic between pharaoh and Moses, its all damn near perfect.

In this version, Pharaoh explicitly lets his heart be hardened.

NOW I CALL YOU SISTER

*Pharaoh shows up in drag*

>All the nonbelievers in this thread
Y'all motherfuckers gonna get smote by the lord

He has cancer and ANTS said he's not looking so good

F

I always saw it as God's way of saying, "You made your bed, now sleep in it."

Come on, baby, who doesn't have a cannibal in the ancestry? Our dinner!

>bowing just because your master cracks his whip

I'll choose freedom.

>Y'all motherfuckers gonna get smote by the lord
Since Passover never happened, I doubt smiting is even on the cards.

>Implying man judging God isnt as ridiculous (if not more) than an ant judging a man
>Implying God isnt the arbiter of morality and the sole judge of life's worthiness to begin, continue, or end
> Implying this course of events wasnt a long time coming and ultimately essential to God's greater endeavors on all humanity's behalf.

C'mon now

>implying god is just and good
>implying abrhamic god is real
>implying god its'nt real
>implying a specfic set of middle-eastern fanfic read's with 1000x offshots and bastardisations is right about anything

God is either everything, the first mover or beyond causality and effect. We live the benevolence of the collective spirit of man the zeitgeist on a spiritual level with low level reality warping potential like 40k orks, which is why we can meme things into reality if we collectively shitpost hard enough, man has will and god has to watch if he so choses, because if no will no soul, if we have will we are not bound by any fate but our own and their is no invisible hand in motion.

>2016
>not being Deist
>lmafoing @ ur lyfe

Sorry to tip my fedora, but if smiting was a threat, then why do people like Josef Kony, serial killers, human traffickers and animal abusers get off scott free everyday?

alexander would weep if he saw egypt today

>implying they get off

the real smiting isnt done in this mortal realm, user

>no sequel with David

It's got everything.

Gaaaaaaaaaaay

>Muh bronze age fairy tales

>Implying man judging God isnt as ridiculous (if not more) than an ant judging a man
Why wouldn't an ant be allowed to judge a human?

Stupid sexy Ramses.

SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME

>neither completely good or bad.
God is good.
No Lex, that's wrong.

How is enacting justice bad? God literally gives people a chance to repent and only smashes them when they don't. There are even stories where they DO repent and God doesn't smash them.

Pharaoh... He's had a hard life, ya know?

Yeah, no.

What said is pretty much the whole point of the Book of Job. Until you have the kind of omnipotence and omniscience that God does, you're in no position to cast any kind of moral judgement on whether He is "good" or "evil," because our ideas of morality are only applicable on a human scale, not to fundamental forces of the universe.

>There was no significant Jewish slave population in Egypt.

There's no ethnic or cultural group in that region that DIDN'T have a significant slave population in Egypt at one point or another.

> such lust for revenge, God

God explicitly calls itself the creator of both all good and all evil

God has a bizarre blue & orange morality for itself which humans can't grasp

>if God is all powerful, he cannot be all good
>if he is all good, he cannot be all powerful
what kind of bullshit "logic" is that?