Was this show mocking Rick and Morty fans before Rick and Morty?

was this show mocking Rick and Morty fans before Rick and Morty?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yJIiSm6sgrE
youtube.com/watch?v=BsuSTYlvNRY
youtube.com/watch?v=a1AHDNTXYSA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>i was dropped on my head as a child

Rick and Morty was designed with an archetypal demographic in mind, pseudo intellectual cartoon watching stoners. XRA was about deconstructing that demograph.

XRA writting is genius
>xavier sees a cripple surrounded by friends
>NO THEY ARE BULLYING HIM
>stop, its not his fault he is useless
>normal kid: he is not useless sir, he is actually a super genius
>well he have a nice of showing it
>kicks cripple leg
This show is beyond awesome.

Rick and morty are Jews acting like white males

>xavier watches woman in shower
>oh fruttato i love people washing
>i wish i could see myself watching washing
>camero zooms out from computer
>xavier is watching screen where computer xavier is watching people washing

>well he have a nice of showing it
what mean he of this?

LOL

No, XRA was going after spiritualism and New Age movements and (unlike Rick and Morty despite what Sup Forumstards say) actually goes after religion and politics several times and generally adopts a nihilistic worldview. The actual nihilism, not the existential nihilism people so often focus on (and scream and make strawmen over).

Stop being a brainlet and trying to connect the two things. You're probably a faggot who heard of XRA only after the newest R&M season came out and watched one or two videos on the messages the show has to offer.

The only people that like (well, mostly pretend to like) this show are annoying fucking contrarians that felt the urge to find a show that they can wave around like they deserve a fucking medal whenever rick and morty is mentioned anywhere.
>hurrrrrr you fags watch rick and morty,? LMAO FUGGIN CHILDREN. watch a REaL show like xra

The humor is shit, voice acting is shit, and the animation looms like it was rendered on a ps2

You're giving Rick & Morty too much credit if you think their wordplay is even near on par with Xavier.

He says that as he kicks the crippled leg, as implying
>if he is so smart why can't he walk?

So many great quotes from that episode.

>you need closure, kid
>closure? The explosion hasn't even ended yet!
>i'd like to see this guy pray an abortion
>they say when you die, you shit your pants. Not me. I'm gonna shit my heart
>so many people get halfway to the lake and forgot to start their car, thats just lake humor
>that whole bit with the dad talking weirdly and having a mental breakdown

the episode where he was hired to hang out with that rich spoiled kid and he enlightens him and the kid goes

> I have farted on the door knobs of justice

>being this much of a pleb
>bad voice acting
agreed
>the humor is shit
Now you are a major faggot i laughed hard at all XRA episodes and only once or twice in whole seasons of rick and morty ... XRA is superior in every way and the almost gmod style gives it extra charm.

You suck, R&M suck and your shit is all reddit

funny scene but you absolutely butchered quoting the dialogue from it

are you Indian?

Better yet the visual gags are genius level.
>living explosion chasing xavier while he seeks directions for the river
>destroying everything in its path
>KKK meeting
>the explosion goes through them
>they are all black now
I lost my fucking shit

Fritatta XD!

Season 2 was pretty lackluster and pretty much dropped everything that made season 1 great

You look so superficial, you probably judge things by their physical appearance.

>Nov 2017
>BREAKING: Cult hit Xavier Renegade Angel to be given a 3 season run on a major network

REEEEEE, I NEVER EVEN LIKED THIS NORMIE SHIT, ITS ALWAYS SUCKED, I WAS ONLY WATCHING IT IRONICALLY TO TROLL REDDITKEKS HAHAHA, I WIN AGAIN.

Brazilian, and to make it worse i am paraphrasing it its probably said differently in the show (with better english for sure)

t. R&M buttblasted fan

Thats an expression he uses but its not supposed to be a punchline its often the least of the highlights in the entire show.

Xavier is too odd and niche to ever have mainstream appeal.

Fair enough, hah

It was mostly mocking those fags that believe in New Age bullshit.

>Xavier is too odd and niche to ever have mainstream appeal.

I'd swim through a lake full of water for these cakes. That's the only thing that would put out the raging fire in my belly for these cakes.

season 2 was even better than season 1. it's just a lot more psychological. humor is even sharper IMO.
>they called mother the grand canyon but i neveer knew why. its just a wide gash spread open for the enjoyment of others. usually there's a donkey in there.
>i bet you blame yourself for your son's death. i know i do
>the child looked like pudding. the proof is in the fact that he probably looked like pudding when he was run over.

XRA on a major network would become watered down shit

Why does this show look like it was made using Skyrim mods ?

Rick and Morty
>animation is subpar, extremely simplistic style
>nearly every scene is referential to past scifi or 80s pop culture
>every line of dialogue interrupted with an out of place joke or cut, even "dramatic" moments
>music is negligible, neither too terrible to boo nor commendable enough to garner praise
>voice acting is okay, but hamstrung by bad dialogue
>pseudoscience (magic) used to debunk "regular" magic or religion without any sort of process or real examination of either
>completely cynical, with not a moment of genuine hope, happiness or positivity
>depicts over the top mindless violence with no sense of gravity or importance, a main character getting killed is no more impactful as the nameless alien goons, hollow in its depiction
>fans are extremely self-important and aggressive when confronted with any criticism

XRA
>animation is experimental and highly unique, the artstyle and usage containing actual coherence with the narrative of each episode
>the writing and dialogue flow with stream of consciousness purity, each line tying into the next with flawless rolling punches of jokes
>the show is mocking many different subjects, from big business exploitation to hipsters, goths, cultural trends and new and old ideas, but never mean-spirited
>music ranges from serviceable to meditative, allowing the key moments extra gravitas or absurdity
>does not rely on references to pop culture to coddle the audience, instead challenging them with the new and bizarre
>fans are love it or leave it-minded, not rejecting criticisms nor condemning those who don't enjoy it
>voicework is exceptional, delivery among some of the best in the business, particularly for an english-speaking cartoon

What dis the ending to this show mean? Was Xavier really just a human who imagined everything from an inkblot? Was he a normal guy living in a world full of twisted bird things and going insane? Was he actually an angel that God or that weird silvery dude threw out as shown in the first episode? What happened to all the parallel Xaviers?

I know I'm trying to make too much sense of this show but I'm just curious if there are any actual answers.

I was really wondering where that was going, the evolution of the plot in an episode is astounding. I liked in the first episode early on where the camera pans around xaviers head while he's saying he might end up helping the people being dicks to him as a truck goes by in the background with "foreshadowing" written on the side

>They're all going to laugh at me! I can't live like this. I can't live! All that is real is annihilation!
I don't know why but this guy was the funniest fucking thing

S2 was just a lot weirder and faster. It had a lot less coherence in plot structure and the jokes became much quicker.

thats an ODD thing to say.
seirously this show has easily the best comedic writing of any tv show i've seen. i pick up new jokes on every rewatch and almost all of them are great.

More like gmod you underage faggot

I can sense the vibrations of the redditor keyboards ready complain about this accurate post.

Lets wait for them and see how good they are trying.

>quit singling me out! im normal. you make mefeelliekaFREAK
>I get it! he's saying we should take wild leaps in interpreting his mundane statements! nice job, new ryan

youtube.com/watch?v=yJIiSm6sgrE

I enjoy both shows, xra is better but a couple (not all) of the things he said about r&m are untrue or opinions

youtube.com/watch?v=BsuSTYlvNRY

Gmod was the minecraft of its time, back off autismo.

Not really. Please refrain from making XRA threads if you watched it because of that virgin walk meme.

>implying skyrim is any better
Whatever you say

I will tell you a secret
I also like both shows XRA is better I don't like r&m fans so i shit on it to keep them away the show is not what they make it to be I have never encountered an actually smart r&m fan

I didnt, can I make XRA threads on Sup Forums then?

Gmod is still huge you know. Its been on piratebays most torrented games list for ages

SQUATTERS RIGHTS

Where did I say that ?

Yes and Minecraft is huge too, and turned a whole generation. nto autists.

maybe it's because i love season 1 a lot, but season 2 felt so much weaker when compared. i think it's because the writers took an entire year off the project.
>worse xavier voice
>dancing signing henchman
>all your base are belong to us reference
>an episode that's entirely made of fan videos.
that, and a lot of other problems. there's a lot of solid moments, but none of it feels as funny as season 1.
then again, i laughed at the "are you prepared for this moment" joke in episode 2, so maybe my humor is just shit.

>stop enjoying things if you just found out about them

We re at the start of a greater thing here user, give yourself up and go with the flow.

nothing wrong with being autistic. Most of us here are in the first place

Society, eh? It's always the quiet ones.

>xra gets another season
>its pretty good
>gets cancelled again

fuckin lol

>The show has been known to mock Christianity, Islam, Middle America, redneck stereotypes, and anarcho-punk subcultures.

huh intersting, no mention of some other popular religions

Abatap is an autist, you're just an obese neckbeard with a made-up disorder (asperger, ADD, bipolar disorder, etc)thinking you're speshul.

see
there's even a cash register sound effect at "weinberg"
checkmate

DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD?

I caught this wigger starin' saucy at my mistress

Can't really argue with that

Which episode?

S1E3

Good that has to be my favorite joke in the entire show.

The show doesn't need a 3rd season, no way it would live up to s1 and s2. A new dvd release would be nice , or a spiritual succesor

Are there any other shows with such ridiculously fast writing?

Xavier manages to cram more in 11 minutes than other shows do in 44.

Season 2 is pretty hit or miss, with Xavier's fluctuating voice being the most jarring thing for me.
Nothing beats the Shakashuri Blowdown, though.

AIIGHT RAWBY

I heard the voice actor purposefully made the voice worse to annoy critics.

spank you very much
have a very rare pepe

XRA's replay value is huge

the worst part of season 2 was the blatantly out of place guest voice actors

>S2 is pretty hit or miss
the only one not up to snuff is the mafia one. the rest are GOAT, especially the wind slaves one, "going normal", "kharmarabionic lotion", vibrcaust and damnesia you and vu

A Friend-Ship is a sacred floater;
A chemotherasubapautic bond 'twixt two MMmms
Like cookies [MM!]
Beans
Franks [MM!!]
Cream
Friends [MM.]
I've never supped from the meat cup of even having one chum :(
But my cronilessness is aboot to died; of lonelinessless.
For today is the day [mmm] I make my first real friend...
Coonstroocted from'st cat feathers [MMM!]
Eagle mud!
I do believe SOUGUALA! [MM!] I
Shall become the bosomest of brohs

xavier is the definition of fedoracore

>going normal
completely forgot about that one, especially
>clutch the dark purple hairs of the galloping orangutan of normalcy and RIDE, NIGGA RIDE

>Implying I don't like Xavier AND Rick and Morty

Every once in a world, the big cheese lays a grand one on this planet. I discovered I was that globular gift as a wee lad when I was endowed with a cosmic visit from the enlightened one who revealed this meaty pendulous thing to me.

its ... beautiful.

Perfect for us channers tho xDD

why do people like you even bother coming here? you're so fucking lame.

same desu

snoop dogg was the only one i noticed.

Why are people pushing this fucking show so much? It's embarrassing how much time a couple of autists have dedicated to shilling for a dead show.

is it so hard to believe we would want to discuss a show without having an agenda?

Why? I love Xavier, it's like a show by us for us *wink wink*. Dude let the plebs watch Family guy and Reddit and Memer amirite lmao

no concrete answers, but the show is mostly about the experiences of a new-age spiritualist with unresolved issued told in a very symbolic and surreal way. the ending just makes it obvious. or perhaps the show is only falsely interpreted that way and the makes wanted to confirm the misconception for an extra layer of meta-humor. however I think most of the divine stuff have to do with how xavier has through a shallow understanding of spiritualism made himself godlike in his own image, and the parallel xaviers were a way to represent the many ways he (and through him white spiritualists) could've ended up had it not been for nurtural traumas.

Why do you have to fake being a fag whos faking being a fag? what do you think you will accomplish? where do you think packages that aren't delivered go to?

i don't need to pay rent! i'm punk rock-
PERSONIFIED

leave him alone...
we don't take kindly to bullies around here

certainly XRA s1+2 are more consistent than RnM s1+2, but with half the running time it's easy.

Completely different shows desu and I dunno why they are mentioned in the same breath.

not on the same level, but the first three seasons of arrested development are very tightly written. the fourth isn't bad either, but presented in a less consumable way.

When its been dead for a decade and its only mentioned in conjunction with shitting on R+M?
Yes actually it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=a1AHDNTXYSA

from the creators of XRA

I started watching it because I wanted to see if it was actually any good when the r&m shitposting was peaking, and it's actually pretty good. I'd imagine it's a similar situation for other people.

relax bromigo