BREAKING: Colin Trevorrow Exits as Director of ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’

thewrap.com/colin-trevorrow-exits-of-star-wars-episode-ix/

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2017/07/hasbro-shares-hit-hollywood-related-toy-sales-disappoint-q2-1202134546/
nypost.com/2017/07/26/star-wars-toy-fatigue-may-finally-be-setting-in/
cnbc.com/2017/02/27/this-star-wars-character-altered-the-toy-industry-forever.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*inhales*

Fired more like

This is the greatest thing.
fuck jurassic world

BOOK OF JUST

Holy JUST #wow

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JURRASIC WORLD WAS FUCKING PERFECT

Who gives a shit, the same mass-audience disney star wars flick would be made with any director

Did RLM genuinely enjoy Rogue One?
It's okay, a 6/10 movie, but it wasn't that good. (It was merely better than The Force Awakens)

Good

Lel. Chris Cuckmann did this

Disney had the idea Star Wars would be making them money forever I say by 2020 no one will care about the last star wars film

No. They shat all over it for the same reasons they praised TFA.

Great news.

>Did RLM genuinely enjoy Rogue One?
What? No, they disliked it quite a bit.

>(It was merely better than The Force Awakens)

They vehemently disagree with that

They likes Force much better

hm, so which one should i like, if i had to pick one?

Why do you hate him

I'm happy, at least the movie now has a chance of being good. Probably not though.

Great. More people need to recognize how awful Jurassic World is

Rogue One

Fucking good. Why did they get this literal nobody to direct a film in one of the biggest hollywood franchises ever? Pretty much anyone would be better.

Fuck Disney, Fuck K.Kennedy and fuck Star Wars.

Jurassic World was Russo Bros level of bland, artless blockbuster-by-numbers.

Fuck me plz

I think they'll change their decision in a few years time then.
It took me like a good six months to realise TFA wasn't that great. I was just hyped Star Wars was back.

What will Sup Forums say when Disney inevitably asks George Lucas to return

George, knock it off. Star Wars paid for the iPad your typing from.

TFA.

Anyone who disagrees is just being contrarian.

Fuck you!

Heard you guys needed a director

heh, toldja kid

>Rumors suggest that Zack Snyder has been approached to direct

Disney doesn't want directors (as in people with vision that want to inject their own style into the films), they just want someone who can make predictable cookie-cutter family-friendly shlock. Even if they get another literal who the second he steps out of line he will be replaced. The end result will be essentially the same anyway.

Good. Jurassic World was total fucking garbage.

TFA was shit.
Episode II was better.

>This woman is in charge of a billion dollar franchise, handpicked by George Lucas right before he sold it
>Nebulous contributions to Spielberg movies of the past 35 years

Episode 2 might have sucked but there was a lot more originality in that then TFA

I honestly don't know what I would do if George Lucas directed one of the Star Wars movies.
I actually think it would be great, he isn't good with total control, but when he's surrounded by people that tell him some of his ideas are shit, he's gold.

are u cute?

So that's two directors that have walked from the first 4 Star Wars movies produced under Disney. And people will still pay to see their shit..

You'd have to be mentally retarded to continue to give money to the house of mouse for the same creatively bankrupt lukewarm garbage over and over again.

Man, Star Wars under Kennedy/Disney is really turning into a poison chalice.

>Josh Trank project strangled in the cot, director blacklisted, following F4 fallout
>70% of R1 rewritten and reshot by Christopher McQuarrie, Gareth Edwards' only upcoming for the next two years is credit as a producer on the next Godzilla
>Lord and Miller fired from Han Solo movie, entire thing being reshot and reworked by Ron Howard
>Rumour mill swirls that TLJ wasn't a happy shoot, lots of reshoots, film taken out of Johnson's hands by the execs, also has no future projects listed
>Trevorrow shown the door

Pretty sure if I was a young up-and-coming director and Disney called me in to talk about doing a Star Wars film for them I'd run through the nearest drywall to escape.

(pic related, it's what Edwards has lined up for the future)

JUST

There is literally no downside here. This man is an omni-hack. For him in the ear.

I'd honestly be all for keeping Johnson around if 8 works out well.

So let's recap the turmoil in the new Star Wars franchise

Rogue One underwent heavy last minute reshoots.
Han Solo movie director is fired.
Episode 9 director leaves project.
Rebels TV show so unpopular it's ending a year early.
Toy sales are plummeting,

I'm starting to think Disney needs to fire Kathleen Kennedy.

star wars is dead

start a new hit franchise

and then end it as soon as possible

>Toy sales are plummeting,

But this is made up

8 is literally going to be Empire Strikes Back 2: Electric Boogaloo

Johnson even said he wasn't interested in explaining Snoke's origin. He'd rather write for Kylo Ren because everyone can "relate" to the tantrum throwing emo faggot character that killed his own father.

Remember now, The Force is Female.

Kind of like how ESB didn;t explain Sheev's origin and focused on Vader?

She's a woman in an entrenched position at a major Hollywood studio. Literally everyone lower down the food chain will take the hit for her monumental incompetence and demagoguery, just like Amy Pascal at Sony.

But it's not you dumb faggot

deadline.com/2017/07/hasbro-shares-hit-hollywood-related-toy-sales-disappoint-q2-1202134546/

nypost.com/2017/07/26/star-wars-toy-fatigue-may-finally-be-setting-in/

That bitch has the protection of rehashing Star Wars, but with more women and minorities.

Thank fuck. they should Dan Trachtenberg

So you're totally fine with the new movie being nothing but a rip off of ESB

Also

>Not a sith lord.
>No dark side powers
>Literally just an old man in a gold bathrobe

i fucking knew this would happen after the han solo directors left

might be good news

Patty Jenkins hired when?

He babysat one movie for the studio that ended making about as much money as every Martin Scorsese film put together.

Nothing could be more promising than if Snyder was announced to direct ep9, 10 and 11 as a new trilogy with 7&8 just awkwardly existing

The downside is that Disney judged that fucking lapdog to be too much of a risk, which says a lot. They want someone they can exert even more control over; someone that will literally do whatever they say. A director that will follow all instructions, put his reputation on the line and agree to a meaningless director's credit for a glorified toy commercial. These movies are the definition of soulless corporate products. Lucas sold out to an extent with his movies, but at least there was a sense of vision, even if he didn't pull it off. Disney will employ company men until the end of time.

And people really hate Rey

WB would be retards to allow her out after making Wonder Woman a hit.

>from the director of book of Henry

That was a close one Disney

I heard Joss Whedon just got done with Justice League.

Based Snyder will reshoot those and flawlessly incorporate the entire SWEU into the Snyderverse

They just don't like her.

Lets get our guy to direct it

>deadline.com/2017/07/hasbro-shares-hit-hollywood-related-toy-sales-disappoint-q2-1202134546/

This article is literally arguing the OPPOSITE of what you're presenting it as evidence of you fucking retard. You just disproved your own argument.

It's Josh Trank's time to shine!

Jesus
Imagine growing up watching star wars; the first films that really made you love films due to their limitless imagination and pure sense of adventure. Then lo-and-behold, after some indie success, Disney offers you the chance to direct the next installment in your favourite franchise. And bonus, they'll let you write it with the other people involved
It's a filmmaker's wet-dream

And then.... yeah...

BB-8 and Kylo Ren cereal boxes fly off the shelves.

Rey boxes wind up at the dollar store.

>>Not a sith lord.
>>No dark side powers
>>Literally just an old man in a gold bathrobe
that's the only reason i'm actually fucking interested in snoke now

Literally the opposite of true

cnbc.com/2017/02/27/this-star-wars-character-altered-the-toy-industry-forever.html

wow so many shills here. Could it be that he just didn't want to get treated like a bitch, which is obviously what Disney hired him to do?

>Four of six Disney Star Wars directors have been fired

brutal.

You didn't even read the second link you complete fucking moron.

Wow you are a laughably stupid cunt.

nigga did you even read what you posted

>“This is clearly lining up to be a very good Star Wars movie year…and strong toy sales for us,” he adds.

I'm glad star wars is crashing and burning desu lads

Lol I'm so glad Disney is butchering Star Wars left and right. All the normies thought Disney buying Star Wars was a god-send and that the franchise would live on in harmony. Little to their surprise it's turned into a gigantic cluster fuck.

>This much damage control
LEL

He didn't step out of line though, Book of Henry was easily one of the worst movies of the year and Disney didn't want Star Wars ending up the same way

I wonder what the odds are of Spielberg getting his spot. I hear he's always wanted to direct a SW movie.

Never forget to mention Kathleen Kennedy's name. People like her, Tom Rothman, Amy Pascal and the like cannot be allowed to slip through when they fuck up.

He will never work in Hollywood again. It was too hard for him NOT to do drugs during production AND then badmouth the studio just before release. Just take the damn paycheck so you can do your passion projects.

Give Ep 9 to Rian and allow him the full creative control he deserves, thanks

>nypost.com/2017/07/26/star-wars-toy-fatigue-may-finally-be-setting-in/

Keep crying, bitch nigga.

Search your feelings.

You know it to be true.

He once said he wouldn't do it because it would be like dating your best friend's girlfriend or something like that

Please get Raimi, please get Raimi, please get Raimi...

>Johnson admits that everything he writes has to be approved by a team of feminists
>Abrams literally just rehashed ANH but worse with all the interesting scenes cut out and appalling editing and characterisations
Sad thing is, the films will still be praised by """critics""" and make billions

>being this new on Sup Forums
>didn't see the fucking spam from autists getting angry that they shat on it

god damn i miss george lucas

Colin has been a wonderful collaborator throughout the development process but we have all come to the conclusion that our visions for the project differ.

>our visions for the project differ.

It's over.

That's not the only reason. TFA sucked ass as well.

kek

Edgar Wright could do a good job.

So far Disney is 2 out of 4 with their Star Wars directors.

>two directors
Three actually.

>Main villain of the new series is just an old man in a gold bathrobe with no special powers and no back story.

Oh, and everything he has in his military arsenal is BIGGER

>BIGGER Death Star
>BIGGER AT-AT
>BIGGER Star Destroyer
>BIGGER Main Villain

BIGGER DISAPPOINTMENT

I think he's too methodical and cerebral for something like Star Wars

Brad Bird would be a better choice

A corporate rep would have to say that. Being honest and saying "yes, last year was complete shit and almost everything we produced shelfwarmed, but maybe we'll do better by betting the farm on the next Star Wars" would have their shareholders up in arms.

I'm wondering if we're going to see literal mountains of unsold Porg merchandise come January, just like Jar Jar back in 1999/2000.