Flintstones #5 preview

comicosity.com/exclusive-preview-flintstones-5/

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Flintstones
cbr.com/dcs-catwoman-prez-the-flintstones-make-election-night-special/?utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-TW&view=list
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's it til Wednesday

>We participated in a genocide, Barney

So we're just gonna jump right in this month, huh?

Mordok is my waifu

Kek

This is one of the funnier Trump satires I've seen.

>Prayo Clinic

do you know how mad i am that they didn't put prez in this

You mean the comic that sold 3 copies?

Yak village btfo.

>I appreciate your concerns, dirt hippies

Ooooooooh.

His son is and orphan of the tree people, that's why he has strong limbs.

> Mordok campaign spends more money on hats than analytics

Fuck, that's where this is going, eh?

They did. They invaded and wiped out the Tree People in the backstory.

Oh shit. I was wondering when we'd get to the "adopted BamBam" part.

Not even that. They've been mentioning this in the comic since issue one. They've just never gone into great detail before.

Oh fuck.

"He says the things I wish were true!"

Perfect.

Using other people/races/groups as escape goats was not invented by Trump.

I can't get over how hot Wilma and Betty are in this comic.

>Scapegoating
>Inherited his title instead of earning it himself
>"He says the things I wish were true"
It's Trump.

Oh shit free hats!I'm in!

>It's not scapegoating if the threats are real.
>Only inherited money. Built a commercial empire with it.
>We're building that wall, bub.
CTR please go.

You're getting a little too defensive, mister man. Have you registered to vote yet?

Sounds more like Bush Jr. to me.

Don't even joke about that. We all know that death people get to vote first.

I'm deeply confounded yet amused by the collaboration between this slick businessman and the hulking barbarian.

So, have you registered? With how recent polls are turning out, your vote will count even moreso than it would in previous elections.

>I wanna kill people.
>I want you to kill the people on that land.
These collaborations are as old as time.

As God Intended It

I like this diverse group of mouth breathing mindless idiots.
This is the kind of diversity our straw men need in comics these days.

My point is about writer intentions rather than reality.
But the comic's take is accurate

It seems to me that this is more of an allegory for George Bush Junior more than Donald Trump. It's even got the "my father was a politician who led you into a similar war to the one I'm leading you into"

The free hats line is definitely a Trump jab, though.

It applies to a shitload of politicians

I don't doubt there will be Trump satire in this but Clod could be virtually anybody

It's phrased universally enough that it won't look dated in 3 months. You could even make a reasonable case that it's not really about trump.

Oh wow
I have been missing out on this
Time to go through the archives for the links

You know it baby. So pumped and nervous for the big day! Just worried about any foul play going on behind the scenes.

I saw a south park reference.

That's what I saw too. A closer trump satire would have been tree people or appliances sneaking into bedrock and putting people out of work.

It's truly outstanding.

Oh god. At this point, it's more of a question of who's play is fouler or if anyone goes to jail over it.

JESUS

>The free hats line is definitely a Trump jab, though.

It could be but it's also to set up where those water buffalo hats Fred and Barney wear come from.

woah I want a free hat

>we participated in genocide
>I can barely remember what we were like before the war
>they were exactly the same

Those things can apply to 75% of the politicians who ever ran.

Where can I catch up on this series

readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Flintstones

sweet, thanks

It's trump, but it's a decent satire of him. Not too on the nose, fits in with the comic, not a caricature of Trump physically, and so far they haven't gone out of their way to make him super retarded or a rapist or anything.

>Trump

>Warmongering
>Inherited name from previous politician
CLod
CLinton
It's all there.

>implying Trump isn't just a different sort of warmongering monster
I'm sure that his talk of ISIS and Mexico won't add up to anything interventionist, right?

Clod isn't meant to be a direct parody of anyone, he's just meant to be a pastiche of contemporary "WE GOTTA STOP THEM BEFORE THEY ATTACK US" politicians.

You think Trump would roll into Mexico?

CBR: In both the Catwoman story and the Flintstones story, history plays a prominent role. The ironies, the tipping points that inform so much of the future. Is history just a flat circle? Are we just trying to keep ahead of the past?

>Mark Russell: As far as “The Flintstones” goes, that’s exactly what we’re seeing, history as a flat circle. The electorate seems to ignore the mistakes of the past in voting for leaders of the future. There are real consequences to that. Most of the policies being proposed, the rhetoric used in an election cycle has been used before. Very little of it is new, much of it recycled, rehashed, reworded. We don’t have to look very far in our past to see the consequences of this nationalist or militaristic rhetoric used to excite rallies in a campaign.

CBR: What was the realization, the eureka moment, that helped you understand these characters and their motivations, particularly Selina, Beth and the Flintstones ensemble?

>Russell: In terms of Beth’s motivations in the “Prez” portion of the issue, I think it’s about her realizing the limits of idealism. You have to be willing to win a battle when it presents itself to you, and that’s really what democracy is. Democracy is governing by compramise, governing by getting what you can today and getting something more tomorrow. That’s sort of the lesson she has to learn. Even in defeat there’s victories to be had. Sometimes you have to use your failures as an advantage in creating change where you can. For the Flintstones, I think the motivation is largely about the personal. Family. Wanting to create a home for you and the people you love. Even in something horrible like war, we are all the sum total of the tragedies that effect out lives. Even tragedy gives birth to our families and the things we really treasure in life.

Then who's Mordok?

CBR: Mark, is it difficult to write political pastiche more absurd than what’s already going on in the meat space, in actual reality?

>Russell: Yeah, I’m constantly being outflanked by how crazy things really are. I feel, in a way, it’s been liberating though. Nothing I write is too crazy or too off-the-wall, too hyperbolic. All bets are off in 2016.

CBR: This chapter of Prez focuses on birth control and second ammendment issues. Is there anxiety in even approaching those issues, or in getting it right.

>Russell: I didn’t have much anxiety in either sense. I’m kind of a loudmouth; I just say what I think. If there’s any anxiety, It’s probably on the part of DC or anybody publishing or buying my work. I think if I have any anxiety at all, it’s that maybe I’m not being blunt enough. I’m not being clear or forceful enough. Winston Churchill once said that you don’t use subtlety to make a point; you use a sledgehammer. That’s been my philosophy.

CBR: What do you say to those who suggest politics have no place in fiction, that they just want escapism?

>Russell: I feel like it’s kind of naive to suggest that politics shouldn’t be incorporated into writing fiction because fiction is writing about life. It’s writing about things that effected you or wounded you personally. Politics is a big part of life. It’s like saying you shouldn’t write about romance or sex or disappointment. Of course you should write about politics if that’s what you have something to say about. You shouldn’t have to write about politics, but you should write about things that are meaningful, things that are really troubling to you. That’s where your authenticity as a writer comes from.

cbr.com/dcs-catwoman-prez-the-flintstones-make-election-night-special/?utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-TW&view=list

While politics have their place in fiction, they sure as shit don't have a place in fucking Flinstone franchise. This sad, joyless hack just tries to justify shoehorning his garbage political views into every sodding things he can get his grubby mitts on.

Funny post m8

>(You)

>Holy Morp
This never gets old.

Last flinstones thread had a rather lenghty argument about this intepretation of Flinstones, so perceiving critical posts as bait is somewhat retarded.

that's a good chunk of the comic for a preview.